I am geekie, I like it that way . :) I live near Washington DC USA
Join my Facebook page Every Bird Is One
“I, certainly, do not know all that comes to us at times. A bird is a bird as long as it is there. Then it is a miracle our crumbs and sunflower seeds caught and let go. Is there a book to look through for the identity of a miracle? No bird that is there is miracle enough. Every bird that has been is entirely one. And if some miracles are rarer than others, every incredible bird has crumbs and seeds in common with every other. Let there be bread and seeds in time: all else will follow.”
John Ciardi’s “Bird Watching”
Photos of Finiky (6)
- Summertime 2013 709 photos, 86 members
- Nikon D800 Users Group 226,104 photos, 11,064 members
- Diptic App 9,801 photos, 2,953 members
- Montana Photography 30,327 photos, 1,490 members
- U.S. National Parks 134,692 photos, 12,803 members
- Glacier National Park 11,133 photos, 1,424 members
- Piedmont Environmental Council 2,227 photos, 327 members
- The Nature Conservancy 623,385 photos, 35,376 members
- Samsung Galaxy S3 10,923 photos, 1,219 members
- Nikonia !!!! 6,145 photos, 170 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,903,566 photos, 81,813 members
- ITALIA 168,660 photos, 5,140 members
- Cornell Lab Bird Cams 29,413 photos, 545 members
- wild through my eyes... 8,202 photos, 341 members
- Stone Mountain Park 700 photos, 43 members
- Missouri 49,300 photos, 1,223 members
- St. Louis 39,027 photos, 2,410 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,148 photos, 3,296 members
- Search The Best (Post INVITED Photos Only) New Group 1,533 photos, 568 members
- Yahoo News: Your Photos 8,964 photos, 1,549 members
- National Wildlife Magazine Photo Group 131,561 photos, 6,181 members
- For Garnite! 535 photos, 138 members
- "Life Is Great ㋡ C'est La Vie ㋡ So ist das Leben" 88,756 photos, 2,520 members
- The Dog Whisperer Pack 17,582 photos, 5,289 members
- FaceBook Photogs2 655 photos, 52 members
- Android Photographer 48,284 photos, 3,758 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,770 photos, 22,949 members
- Herpetology / Everything REPTILIAN 45,284 photos, 2,572 members
- in loving memory of imapix 133 photos, 151 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 19,034 photos, 1,426 members
- BlackBerry Tour Photos 938 photos, 150 members
- Calumet Photographic's Customer Showcase 9,419 photos, 246 members
- Wildlife Photography with the Australian Museum 4,946 photos, 228 members
- Flickr Bird Brigade 24,737 photos, 726 members
- BirdLife International 8,636 photos, 251 members
- Yashica Mat 124(G) 31,265 photos, 2,648 members
- Gulf of Mexico Wildlife - Before the Oil Spill 482 photos, 72 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 36,449 photos, 1,742 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only)-Post 1/Fave or Comment 2 494,094 photos, 63,138 members
- U.S. National Wildlife Refuges 16,715 photos, 571 members
- Nature's wildlife animals and birds 37,766 photos, 643 members
- Freelance Photographers & Visual Artists 13,902 photos, 669 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 202,443 photos, 3,542 members
- Gitzo: Focus on Forever | Official Flickr Group 5,938 photos, 844 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 214,128 photos, 31,823 members
- Nikon Full Frame Cameras. 83,176 photos, 1,803 members
- Not a real group 2,430 photos, 703 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,493 photos, 19,115 members
- Beauty of Waterfowl 5,891 photos, 478 members
- Starbucks Coffee Company 10,823 photos, 5,249 members
"I met Kim at Belle Haven Marina shooting Osprey chic 1 and chic 2. Her photographs are bar none a true "labor of love".
Her shots come not by chance, but, by hard work, persistence and a love for these feathery creatures. It takes incredible patience to capture these rare compositions that are fleeting in time.
Iam very inspired by her work! Top notch Kim! Keep them coming!"
18th November, 2008
"Kim's photography in extraordinary - that's what drew me to her photostream - but it is her cutting-edge humor that keeps me here! It's always a trip to see what she has to show/say today.
'Tis the power of Flickr that someone you've never met in person can come to feel like an old and true friend. That's how I feel toward Kim.
Now, if I could just get her to come out here sometime when she needs to get away..."
3rd June, 2008
"I always look forward to Kim's latest photos. She has a simply unbelievable talent to capture the beauty that most people take for granted. Her nature shots are top notch and I wish I had just half of her talent."
3rd May, 2008
"Every Finiky photo is a new and wonderful experience. They show, not only Kim's great skills as a photographer, but more profoundly, her sensitive caring for wildlife and all the beauty of our planet. Every time I view a new picture I simply want to say "Wow!" or "Incredible!" And I think everyone who views her vision of nature comes away feeling a little better about our world - and wanting to help save it...Thank you Kim, for bringing us such a wonderful window on our world!"
1st April, 2008
"You can do something quite interesting with Finiky's photos.
If you click on the very last page of her stream (in other words the very first photos she uploaded) you'll find the usual happy snaps that appear on 99% of Flickr photostreams.
Then click on her latest work. You'll find a fabulous selection of pictures that would grace any professional photographer's portfolio.
Over the last three or so years, Kim has risen above the herd to become a rare and fabulous talent. It has been a privilege and a pleasure to watch her journey, and a testimony to the inspirational power of Flickr.
I can't wait to see what she's turning out in a couple more years......"
8th March, 2008
"Finiky's photos are one of my favorites. She have a great talent to create her fantastic and dreamy world of nature. She can always take fabulous pictures of flowers, nature, and creatures. Every time I visit her photolog, it always makes me refreshing and impressed. She has a great ability to find and make them to the images such beautiful photos."
31st December, 2007
"As long as I have known Kim on flickr, her photos have inspired me. Her amazing talent, along with her affinity and love for the animals she photographs, combine perfectly to produce beautiful images. She brings out the animals' character in a way few others are able to, and I enjoy looking at her stream immensely.
She also happens to have a very sweet and caring soul, and I am so fortunate to be able to consider her my friend, and fellow weirdie. :)"
30th September, 2007
"I struggle to achieve one one hundredth of what this incredible Lady can do with a camera and yet she is the most generous with comments and encouragements to sustain my efforts.
Yes I am most fortunate to be so blessed."
9th July, 2007
"Kim is an outstanding nature photographer as well as an outstanding human being. She shares so much through her photographs, one being the infinite love she has for the animal kingdom; be it furry or feathered.
She's in touch with nature, the world that surrounds her and herself; a rare combination in today's busy, sometimes crazy world. I'm proud to know her, to call her my friend."
11th February, 2007
Son of Groucho says:
"I am so glad to have found Finiky through Flickr. She is a truly outstanding photographer, as her massive "fan club" attests, but more importantly she is a great friend whose comments fair brighten up your day."
6th September, 2006
"It is my sincere pleasure to know Kim through Flickr! Her photographs are always amazing, her titles and anecdotes are ever entertaining -- and she's always there to lend a supportive comment on your images as well! If you love nature, you will love Kim's pictures. And oh -- those cats! Really... who can resist that adorable Miss Mary McDhui!?"
21st August, 2006
"Spend an hour swimming through her photostream. You will come away knowing she is kind, caring, thoughtful, humorous, sensuous, full of grace, style, insight, and that all is well in the world.
There is one thing I've always known. There's a current of life flowing through our world, a current that is at once in every living thing. It is the universal wonder of life, the incredible essence of each flower, each bird, each person. It is the delicate and vital treasure we all share. Hard to describe, even harder to understand, yet it is present in each of Kim's photographs; vibrant, truthful, warm and welcoming. She is the magician, the angel who enables a small glimpse past the veil of our reality and into the soul we all share."
25th June, 2006
"I have been doing a lot of looking back recently as I come up on my one year anniversary and one of the people that I find there is this wonderful photographer, Finiky. When I think of her I think of class, with a quirk, her titles are a treat. She has the most extraordinary collection of images of her feathered friends. They are a delight to behold. She has true talent and a true passion for photographer. I am honored to know her and call her friend. You should come and visit her photos and meet Ernie the coolest duck in the universe."
9th June, 2006
"Finiky...is about one of the most talented photographers I have seen.
Her pictures just capture the soul....her photo's are captivating...I am never disappointed in any of her work!
Keep up the great work, you bring many smiles to many people"
3rd June, 2006
"What can be said about Finiky that hasn't been said already in these testimonials and in the comments to her fabulous photos? Because let's face it, we all recognize her awesomeness. We all admire (and yes, envy - although we never tell her that of course ;)) that strange, gentle sway she holds over the ducks and other birds, and we all keep coming back to be entertained by the antics of Kim's cats. She is both an artist and a patron of the arts. So I will just say this:
Finiky is a Flickr paragon."
22nd May, 2006
"Finiky's work is outstanding, she has managed to introduce us to the part of fauna you dont see every day with superb quality. A quacking and purring stream of beautiful photos that I always look forward to visiting."
15th January, 2006
"Finiky enters the being of the animals she photographs and brings it to us to understand and honor. Why she has even crawled into the throat of a gull!"
13th January, 2006
"Seeing Kim's photos always warms my heart and brings a big smile to my face. People who love birds and other animals as much as she does bring an extra dimension of beauty to their photos, and Kim's pictures often make my jaw drop and fill me with awe. I'm so grateful to have found her on flickr."
27th November, 2005
"Behind the icon called FINIKY is one nice and generous lady. Her photos are superior to those taken by mear mortals. National Geographic ought to hire her at a good price. Folks have to wait in line to comment on her incredible photos. It is my good pleasure to call her my friend."
27th November, 2005
Mr. Greenjeans says:
"I think I first noticed Kim on Flickr when I started visiting Mary McDhui, her fabulous little black kitty/owner!
Since then, I've found her to be a great friend and a fabulous nature photographer!! She has a great eye for beauty, a wonderful sense of humor, and her 'action' shots are simply astounding!!!
Oh! And she just LOVES ducks!!!!!!!"
26th November, 2005
"Finiky shows us life through a duck's eye... or a goose's eye. Her pictures of waterfowl have a clarity and beauty that is unsurpassable on Flickr! One of my favorite photostreams to surf when I need a little cheering up. =) Keep up the wonderful work, you make us all happy!"
11th November, 2005
"Spectacular! I could spend hours looking through Finiky's photostream favoriting everything I see, really beautiful captures with a compassionate eye for all that is around to take in."
20th October, 2005
Just Nora says:
"Finiky's eye for detail and love of life shines through in her photos. Her nature photos are truly breathtaking and contemplative.
Her photos of life and how it touches all of humanity are unmistakably intense and moving. You get a real taste of the sensitive and thoughtful person that Finiky is by viewing her photos.
Finiky is a dear friend and a contact that you will want to add to your top shelf list of Flickr photographers."
12th September, 2005
"When I first saw Finiky's photos I saw delightful pictures of truly devious and furiously funny felines, and adorable baby duck photos.
But now I am continually stunned, shocked, and surprised at the delicious detail and thrilling colors of her latest works. If you ever wanted to count the shades of emerald green on a dragonfly's bejeweled eye, or see the sun glisten off the silk thread spun by a lemon yellow tree spider, then make sure you look at Finiky's Photos.
NOTE: Make sure you view the photos at their Original Size using the All Sizes button! You will truly miss out if you don't!"
14th August, 2005
"She has an sharp eye and captures amazing imagery with an eye for nature.
I look forward to seeing what she will post next!"
11th June, 2005
"Anyone who loves Pets (especially Cats!!) & Nature should check out Finiky's great pix!!
on top of that Finiky has a great "Sense of Humour" & i find that to be the greatest "human trait" of all!!
Thanks for giving me my daily laugh today Finiky!! ;))
Cheers, Billy Warhol ;))
P.S. my cats names were Thomasina, Skittles & Ollie... ;)) fond memories all (kinda like photographs!! ;))"
24th April, 2005
- October 2004
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- catwisprer [at] gmail.com