In remission from lymphoma since 12/2014
I am geekie, I like it that way . :)
Join my Facebook page Every Bird Is One
“I, certainly, do not know all that comes to us at times. A bird is a bird as long as it is there. Then it is a miracle our crumbs and sunflower seeds caught and let go. Is there a book to look through for the identity of a miracle? No bird that is there is miracle enough. Every bird that has been is entirely one. And if some miracles are rarer than others, every incredible bird has crumbs and seeds in common with every other. Let there be bread and seeds in time: all else will follow.”
John Ciardi’s “Bird Watching”
Photos of Kim Taylor Hull (6)
- NO BUCKEYE - Bird Group 211 photos, 40 members
- iPhone 6 Camera 9,889 photos, 2,346 members
- Summertime 2013 587 photos, 87 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 451,655 photos, 14,936 members
- Diptic App 9,981 photos, 2,874 members
- Montana Photography 36,789 photos, 1,763 members
- U.S. National Parks 176,578 photos, 15,695 members
- Glacier National Park 13,717 photos, 1,746 members
- Piedmont Environmental Council 3,325 photos, 488 members
- The Nature Conservancy 909,397 photos, 40,217 members
- Samsung Galaxy S3 16,641 photos, 1,548 members
- Nikonia !!!! 14,006 photos, 212 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,012,003 photos, 101,470 members
- ITALIA 165,342 photos, 5,286 members
- Cornell Lab Bird Cams 48,009 photos, 642 members
- wild through my eyes... 8,080 photos, 328 members
- Stone Mountain Park 1,200 photos, 55 members
- Missouri 57,425 photos, 1,352 members
- St. Louis 45,014 photos, 2,622 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,077 photos, 3,172 members
- Search The Best (Post INVITED Photos Only) 1,680 photos, 563 members
- Yahoo News: Your Photos 8,447 photos, 1,737 members
- National Wildlife Magazine Photo Group 253,331 photos, 7,422 members
- For Garnite! 580 photos, 136 members
- " Life Is Great - C'est La Vie - So ist das Leben !" 115,491 photos, 1,867 members
- The Dog Whisperer Pack 18,796 photos, 5,274 members
- FaceBook Photogs2 628 photos, 52 members
- Android Photographer 64,901 photos, 4,431 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,241 photos, 22,188 members
- Herpetology / Everything REPTILIAN 58,876 photos, 2,980 members
- in loving memory of imapix 131 photos, 147 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 24,853 photos, 2,086 members
- BlackBerry Tour Photos 903 photos, 150 members
- Calumet Photographic's Customer Showcase 10,064 photos, 232 members
- Wildlife Photography with the Australian Museum 6,928 photos, 265 members
- Flickr Bird Brigade 42,828 photos, 1,085 members
- BirdLife International 29,071 photos, 453 members
- Yashica Mat 124(G) 36,775 photos, 3,498 members
- Gulf of Mexico Wildlife - Before the Oil Spill 428 photos, 71 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 55,294 photos, 2,358 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 489,395 photos, 63,618 members
- U.S. National Wildlife Refuges 20,188 photos, 647 members
- Nature's wildlife animals and birds 49,175 photos, 797 members
- Freelance Photographers & Visual Artists 14,822 photos, 732 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 244,759 photos, 3,862 members
- Gitzo: Focus on Forever | Official Flickr Group 7,979 photos, 882 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 231,282 photos, 32,342 members
- Nikon Full Frame Cameras. 147,474 photos, 2,628 members
- Not a real group 2,452 photos, 689 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,093 photos, 18,596 members
"I met Kim at Belle Haven Marina shooting Osprey chic 1 and chic 2. Her photographs are bar none a true "labor of love".
Her shots come not by chance, but, by hard work, persistence and a love for these feathery creatures. It takes incredible patience to capture these rare compositions that are fleeting in time.
Iam very inspired by her work! Top notch Kim! Keep them coming!"
November 18th, 2008
"Kim's photography in extraordinary - that's what drew me to her photostream - but it is her cutting-edge humor that keeps me here! It's always a trip to see what she has to show/say today.
'Tis the power of Flickr that someone you've never met in person can come to feel like an old and true friend. That's how I feel toward Kim.
Now, if I could just get her to come out here sometime when she needs to get away..."
June 3rd, 2008
"I always look forward to Kim's latest photos. She has a simply unbelievable talent to capture the beauty that most people take for granted. Her nature shots are top notch and I wish I had just half of her talent."
May 3rd, 2008
"Every Finiky photo is a new and wonderful experience. They show, not only Kim's great skills as a photographer, but more profoundly, her sensitive caring for wildlife and all the beauty of our planet. Every time I view a new picture I simply want to say "Wow!" or "Incredible!" And I think everyone who views her vision of nature comes away feeling a little better about our world - and wanting to help save it...Thank you Kim, for bringing us such a wonderful window on our world!"
April 1st, 2008
"You can do something quite interesting with Finiky's photos.
If you click on the very last page of her stream (in other words the very first photos she uploaded) you'll find the usual happy snaps that appear on 99% of Flickr photostreams.
Then click on her latest work. You'll find a fabulous selection of pictures that would grace any professional photographer's portfolio.
Over the last three or so years, Kim has risen above the herd to become a rare and fabulous talent. It has been a privilege and a pleasure to watch her journey, and a testimony to the inspirational power of Flickr.
I can't wait to see what she's turning out in a couple more years......"
March 8th, 2008
"Finiky's photos are one of my favorites. She have a great talent to create her fantastic and dreamy world of nature. She can always take fabulous pictures of flowers, nature, and creatures. Every time I visit her photolog, it always makes me refreshing and impressed. She has a great ability to find and make them to the images such beautiful photos."
December 31st, 2007
"As long as I have known Kim on flickr, her photos have inspired me. Her amazing talent, along with her affinity and love for the animals she photographs, combine perfectly to produce beautiful images. She brings out the animals' character in a way few others are able to, and I enjoy looking at her stream immensely.
She also happens to have a very sweet and caring soul, and I am so fortunate to be able to consider her my friend, and fellow weirdie. :)"
September 30th, 2007
"I struggle to achieve one one hundredth of what this incredible Lady can do with a camera and yet she is the most generous with comments and encouragements to sustain my efforts.
Yes I am most fortunate to be so blessed."
July 9th, 2007
"Kim is an outstanding nature photographer as well as an outstanding human being. She shares so much through her photographs, one being the infinite love she has for the animal kingdom; be it furry or feathered.
She's in touch with nature, the world that surrounds her and herself; a rare combination in today's busy, sometimes crazy world. I'm proud to know her, to call her my friend."
February 11th, 2007
Son of Groucho says:
"I am so glad to have found Finiky through Flickr. She is a truly outstanding photographer, as her massive "fan club" attests, but more importantly she is a great friend whose comments fair brighten up your day."
September 6th, 2006
"It is my sincere pleasure to know Kim through Flickr! Her photographs are always amazing, her titles and anecdotes are ever entertaining -- and she's always there to lend a supportive comment on your images as well! If you love nature, you will love Kim's pictures. And oh -- those cats! Really... who can resist that adorable Miss Mary McDhui!?"
August 21st, 2006
Brian T Wright says:
"Spend an hour swimming through her photostream. You will come away knowing she is kind, caring, thoughtful, humorous, sensuous, full of grace, style, insight, and that all is well in the world.
There is one thing I've always known. There's a current of life flowing through our world, a current that is at once in every living thing. It is the universal wonder of life, the incredible essence of each flower, each bird, each person. It is the delicate and vital treasure we all share. Hard to describe, even harder to understand, yet it is present in each of Kim's photographs; vibrant, truthful, warm and welcoming. She is the magician, the angel who enables a small glimpse past the veil of our reality and into the soul we all share."
June 25th, 2006
"I have been doing a lot of looking back recently as I come up on my one year anniversary and one of the people that I find there is this wonderful photographer, Finiky. When I think of her I think of class, with a quirk, her titles are a treat. She has the most extraordinary collection of images of her feathered friends. They are a delight to behold. She has true talent and a true passion for photographer. I am honored to know her and call her friend. You should come and visit her photos and meet Ernie the coolest duck in the universe."
June 9th, 2006
"Finiky...is about one of the most talented photographers I have seen.
Her pictures just capture the soul....her photo's are captivating...I am never disappointed in any of her work!
Keep up the great work, you bring many smiles to many people"
June 3rd, 2006
"What can be said about Finiky that hasn't been said already in these testimonials and in the comments to her fabulous photos? Because let's face it, we all recognize her awesomeness. We all admire (and yes, envy - although we never tell her that of course ;)) that strange, gentle sway she holds over the ducks and other birds, and we all keep coming back to be entertained by the antics of Kim's cats. She is both an artist and a patron of the arts. So I will just say this:
Finiky is a Flickr paragon."
May 22nd, 2006
"Finiky's work is outstanding, she has managed to introduce us to the part of fauna you dont see every day with superb quality. A quacking and purring stream of beautiful photos that I always look forward to visiting."
January 15th, 2006
"Finiky enters the being of the animals she photographs and brings it to us to understand and honor. Why she has even crawled into the throat of a gull!"
January 13th, 2006
"Seeing Kim's photos always warms my heart and brings a big smile to my face. People who love birds and other animals as much as she does bring an extra dimension of beauty to their photos, and Kim's pictures often make my jaw drop and fill me with awe. I'm so grateful to have found her on flickr."
November 27th, 2005
Mr. Greenjeans says:
"I think I first noticed Kim on Flickr when I started visiting Mary McDhui, her fabulous little black kitty/owner!
Since then, I've found her to be a great friend and a fabulous nature photographer!! She has a great eye for beauty, a wonderful sense of humor, and her 'action' shots are simply astounding!!!
Oh! And she just LOVES ducks!!!!!!!"
November 26th, 2005
"Finiky shows us life through a duck's eye... or a goose's eye. Her pictures of waterfowl have a clarity and beauty that is unsurpassable on Flickr! One of my favorite photostreams to surf when I need a little cheering up. =) Keep up the wonderful work, you make us all happy!"
November 11th, 2005
"Spectacular! I could spend hours looking through Finiky's photostream favoriting everything I see, really beautiful captures with a compassionate eye for all that is around to take in."
October 20th, 2005
Just Nora says:
"Finiky's eye for detail and love of life shines through in her photos. Her nature photos are truly breathtaking and contemplative.
Her photos of life and how it touches all of humanity are unmistakably intense and moving. You get a real taste of the sensitive and thoughtful person that Finiky is by viewing her photos.
Finiky is a dear friend and a contact that you will want to add to your top shelf list of Flickr photographers."
September 12th, 2005
"When I first saw Finiky's photos I saw delightful pictures of truly devious and furiously funny felines, and adorable baby duck photos.
But now I am continually stunned, shocked, and surprised at the delicious detail and thrilling colors of her latest works. If you ever wanted to count the shades of emerald green on a dragonfly's bejeweled eye, or see the sun glisten off the silk thread spun by a lemon yellow tree spider, then make sure you look at Finiky's Photos.
NOTE: Make sure you view the photos at their Original Size using the All Sizes button! You will truly miss out if you don't!"
August 14th, 2005
"She has an sharp eye and captures amazing imagery with an eye for nature.
I look forward to seeing what she will post next!"
June 11th, 2005
"Anyone who loves Pets (especially Cats!!) & Nature should check out Finiky's great pix!!
on top of that Finiky has a great "Sense of Humour" & i find that to be the greatest "human trait" of all!!
Thanks for giving me my daily laugh today Finiky!! ;))
Cheers, Billy Warhol ;))
P.S. my cats names were Thomasina, Skittles & Ollie... ;)) fond memories all (kinda like photographs!! ;))"
April 24th, 2005
- October 2004
- I am:
- Female and Taken