Here's the text of the about page from my upcoming book of photos, which seems easier than deciding what to say all over again:
A self-taught photographer living in New Orleans, Louisiana with roots in middle Tennessee, Kevin O'Mara keeps an eye out for evocative night skies and vibrant decay. He collects books, bones, icons, skulls, and tokens. When not out with his camera he's usually busy making papier-mache masks in preparation for parading the streets of New Orleans during carnival season.
- Flickr Social 439,366 photos, 10,083 members
- Flickr Carnival 9,623 photos, 1,169 members
- #Flickr10 7,406 photos, 4,234 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,655 photos, 12,918 members
- themaxx 523 photos, 178 members
- Curbed New Orleans 180 photos, 19 members
- Window seat please 115,331 photos, 30,379 members
- Lightning 45,481 photos, 16,564 members
- sky & clouds 978,051 photos, 54,902 members
- Project Weather 627,614 photos, 93,252 members
- KEH Camera 23,020 photos, 748 members
- Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 1,075,661 photos, 19,874 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,672 photos, 6,122 members
- NPR Look At This 152,169 photos, 6,192 members
- Skeleton Krewe 819 photos, 12 members
- reader.readmore.booker.bones.hoodrich 4,336 photos, 377 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 401,874 photos, 103,617 members
- [this is Beary] 16 photos, 41 members
- NOAHsurvey: a Survey of New Orleans Architectural History 21,800 photos, 254 members
- St. Anthony Ramblers 683 photos, 20 members
- Mid-City 4,298 photos, 81 members
- beans night 71 photos, 12 members
"First of all, komara is a Nolaite. Errr, Nolaian. He's is a person of New Orleans. I don't know what the proper term is, but komara would know. It's his *thing* to know. And to take photos. MAN... the photos this guy takes. He could show you a thing or two. About taking photos. And probably wine. And definitely bourbon. You know what I'm saying?
He has turned the cities of New Orleans, Cookeville, and Magala into his own personal works of art. Who knew that kind of thing was allowed? I don't think he even asked -- he just went and did it."
December 30th, 2009
"An epicure of the first order, Kevin understands the finer points of everything from the subtle nuances of French cuisine to the soul-saving Waffle House. You would do well to pay attention, because he has much to teach you."
April 22nd, 2007
"I've known Kevin for 15 years. He always cleans his plate. He kicks pigeons and calls it "tough love". Kevin raises a stink at the library if the braille books are starting to go flat. His date to the senior prom was a baby bird that had fallen out of its nest. Once a week Kevin asks each of his friends if he can help them move. In short, he's alright."
June 14th, 2005
- Kevin O'Mara
- April 2005
- Cookeville, TN
- New Orleans, LA, USA
- I am:
- The best of my photos