Here's the text of the about page from my upcoming book of photos, which seems easier than deciding what to say all over again:
A self-taught photographer living in New Orleans, Louisiana with roots in middle Tennessee, Kevin O'Mara keeps an eye out for evocative night skies and vibrant decay. He collects books, bones, icons, skulls, and tokens. When not out with his camera he's usually busy making papier-mache masks in preparation for parading the streets of New Orleans during carnival season.
- Flickr Social 402,729 photos, 9,745 members
- Flickr Carnival 9,639 photos, 1,147 members
- #Flickr10 7,428 photos, 4,184 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,690 photos, 12,982 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 248 photos, 7,801 members
- themaxx 528 photos, 178 members
- Curbed New Orleans 180 photos, 19 members
- Window seat please 114,346 photos, 30,280 members
- Lightning 44,554 photos, 16,392 members
- sky & clouds 964,085 photos, 54,680 members
- Project Weather 629,839 photos, 93,385 members
- KEH Camera 22,657 photos, 747 members
- Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 1,034,178 photos, 19,240 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,694 photos, 6,166 members
- NPR Look At This 152,633 photos, 6,200 members
- Skeleton Krewe 819 photos, 12 members
- reader.readmore.booker.bones.hoodrich 4,333 photos, 377 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 402,791 photos, 103,900 members
- [this is Beary] 16 photos, 41 members
- NOAHsurvey: a Survey of New Orleans Architectural History 21,794 photos, 255 members
- St. Anthony Ramblers 683 photos, 20 members
- Mid-City 4,038 photos, 82 members
- beans night 71 photos, 12 members
"First of all, komara is a Nolaite. Errr, Nolaian. He's is a person of New Orleans. I don't know what the proper term is, but komara would know. It's his *thing* to know. And to take photos. MAN... the photos this guy takes. He could show you a thing or two. About taking photos. And probably wine. And definitely bourbon. You know what I'm saying?
He has turned the cities of New Orleans, Cookeville, and Magala into his own personal works of art. Who knew that kind of thing was allowed? I don't think he even asked -- he just went and did it."
December 30th, 2009
"An epicure of the first order, Kevin understands the finer points of everything from the subtle nuances of French cuisine to the soul-saving Waffle House. You would do well to pay attention, because he has much to teach you."
April 22nd, 2007
"I've known Kevin for 15 years. He always cleans his plate. He kicks pigeons and calls it "tough love". Kevin raises a stink at the library if the braille books are starting to go flat. His date to the senior prom was a baby bird that had fallen out of its nest. Once a week Kevin asks each of his friends if he can help them move. In short, he's alright."
June 14th, 2005
- Kevin O'Mara
- April 2005
- Cookeville, TN
- New Orleans, LA, USA
- I am:
- The best of my photos