To see new images join me on Facebook
To see my latest blogs
Kevin McNeal's Photo Blog /
To find out the latest workshop information
To see some of my more recent images
Kevin McNeal Photography/
- Inspirational Landscape images 5,975 photos, 956 members
- Tumblrs 1,774 photos, 162 members
- How To Photograph the Canadian Rockies 3,357 photos, 242 members
- THE APERTURE ACADEMY WORKSHOP EXPERIENCE 531 photos, 56 members
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy 3,675 photos, 562 members
- Flickrland 1,552 photos, 84 members
- The Green Earth Magazine 15,575 photos, 1,273 members
- 6-Gli insetti preferiscono le ortiche - Free images 33,360 photos, 928 members
- WE WANT THE OLD LAYOUT OF OUR PHOTO PAGE (P1 / A2) 6,283 photos, 1,607 members
- flickr Travel Award (Post 1 - Award 3) 214,865 photos, 7,658 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 230,227 photos, 7,464 members
- Canon Digital Camera 83,923 photos, 1,630 members
- PhotoCascadia 331 photos, 6 members
- Google Buzz 5,549 photos, 170 members
- Official Washington State Tourism - Group CLOSED 12,229 photos, 432 members
- Your VERY BEST ever / Invite Only 4,864 photos, 1,248 members
- 5000 VIEWS(must have 5,000 views) 3,852 photos, 917 members
- Views: 5000 28,942 photos, 5,928 members
- Beautiful Canada 60,736 photos, 1,516 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 376,709 photos, 9,679 members
- ~Best of British Columbia~ 1,883 photos, 807 members
- British Columbia Provincial Parks 7,030 photos, 516 members
- Beautiful British Columbia 129,838 photos, 4,754 members
- Canada Landscapes 98,787 photos, 3,919 members
- Space Needle 13,245 photos, 2,333 members
- * Starfish Award / P1&A1 * 41,711 photos, 894 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 416,101 photos, 9,926 members
- Death Valley National Park 16,356 photos, 1,399 members
- Death Valley 19,408 photos, 2,701 members
- AUTUMN*FALL P1/A5 ***CONTEST for every member 127,804 photos, 17,343 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,393 photos, 3,642 members
- Red & Pink 1,894 photos, 273 members
- PhotoPlus Magazine 150,118 photos, 4,888 members
- Beautiful landscape and seascape 394 photos, 202 members
- The PERFECT Lighthouse (20+ Faves, Explore or Invite only!) 3,122 photos, 1,087 members
- Lighthouses of the World 81,591 photos, 12,171 members
- Maine Lighthouses 4,768 photos, 611 members
- HDR and Tonemapped images 8,524 photos, 268 members
- Mount Rainier National Park 8,516 photos, 887 members
- NW Photo Tour Workshops 222 photos, 51 members
- HDR meets Orton (for pictures combining HDR and Orton) 6,889 photos, 1,545 members
- HDR 986,057 photos, 92,641 members
- Exquisite Sunsets ( Post - 1, Award - 2 )Sunsets & Sunrise Only 11,349 photos, 1,655 members
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 45,538 photos, 2,116 members
- Olympia Camera Club International Strobe Consortium 51 photos, 24 members
- Golden Hour!! 54,350 photos, 6,866 members
- Mountain Trail Photo Nature Photography Group (POST 1/COMMENT 3) 6,193 photos, 490 members
- Mountain High Workshops 1,618 photos, 48 members
- Art Meets Photography 116,520 photos, 4,671 members
- * Simple Things * 10,255 photos, 555 members
"Sitting down to write something about Kevin can be a frustrating endeavor. There is simply no way to encapsulate him with words; he must be experienced to understand.
I suppose I should start with the basics. Kevin is one of the best landscape photographers out there shooting right now. Looking at his work, and the accolades it has amassed, that fact become crystal clear. What awards will never be able to describe, however, is how great of a person Kevin is. I can't think of anyone in my life that I've met that I want to be around more. He has an easy likability that spreads like fire through everyone he comes in contact with. I would find it almost impossible to believe that someone could ever meet Kevin and NOT want to instantly be his good friend.
I didn't think you could move into the business side of photography as it relates to Kevin without laying that groundwork. After all, if you are going to take a photo workshop from someone, it doesn't matter if they are the best shooter in the world if you don't want to be with them. I've recently had the distinct privilege of completing my second workshop with Kevin and Adrian Klein of NWPhototours. The fact that I said that its my SECOND workshop should tell you all you need to know about how satisfied I was with the company. Kevin has done more for my photography in an incredibly short period of time than I could have possibly imagined. I've gone from barely holding a camera to creating images that I'm truly proud of in under a year. Kevin's enthusiasm for photography is simply unmatched. Making sure that you not only get a good shot, but understand WHY its a good shot is Kevin's clear objective when you are shooting with him. He is an EXCELLENT instructor in every way, and the type of person who is extremely easy to learn from. Everything from scouting, to set-up, to effective capture, composition, and exposure is clearly understood at the end of the first couple of days. His processing using various techniques of multiple exposures will be explained to whatever level you are comfortable learning at, and will yield astonishing results. I promise you this, you will LAUGH along the way. Having fun and being excited have always been conducive to me remembering what I've learned, and I attribute much of my best learning in photography to the fact that Kevin always creates that environment.
If you need a further demonstration, I've already committed to signing up for a future workshop with NWPhototours.
It is my absolutely privilege to call Kevin a friend, and one of my favorite people that I've ever met. The fact that he is a world-class photographer and instructor is just a bonus."
August 2nd, 2009
natalia martinez says:
"tienes una galeria fantastica,llena de buenas fotos y nos muestras todo la belleza de tu lugar,gracias
have a fantastic gallery, full of good pictures and show us all the beauty of your place, thanks"
May 22nd, 2009
"Kevin is a dedicated, passionate photographer and inspirational teacher. He is eager to help and has an amazing eye. He really gets your brain thinking about photography rather than just shooting pictures. I really appreciate all the help he's given me."
May 7th, 2009
# siu # says:
"His sense of light, drama, color and character are all put to fabulous use as he covers every inch of the glob! Thank yo for sharing your great work."
February 3rd, 2009
BlueZebra Photography says:
"Definitely in the top 3 best photographers here on flickr! These pictures are so so amazing. Every photo is so colorful, so beautiful, and even the more mundane subjects are brought to life and make you want to stare it them all day! I hope someday I will be able to take photos half as good as his!! Thank you so much Kevin for sharing your photos with us on flickr!!!"
January 31st, 2009
Lane N. says:
thanks for the add
i have seen your work at smugmug gallery and love all of your pictures. hope you will share it at flickr and wish you will write about every pic and hope i could learn from you !
January 18th, 2009
"Kevin Mcneals Photography Is Breath Taking, I Live In Washington State Where He Does Most Of His Creative Work At, And Enjoy Seeing My State So Well Captured, Enhanced And Shown By This Outstanding Artist Behind The Lens! Your In For A Real Treat If You Take A Look At His Blog Site,, Thanks Kevin For Sharing Your Work And Talent With Us....Johnny "Fellow Washintonian""
January 3rd, 2009
"Kevin had just added me as a contact; when I looked at his photostream, I was puzzled. His stream includes some of the best landscape photography I've seen anywhere.
Kevin appears to have a keen sense of what he wants to see in the finished product, then combines technical expertise to achieve it. Many of us can take a technically competent photo - Kevin does that, but then puts that something special into it that some of us can only dream about."
January 2nd, 2009
"You have to be kidding me! Kevin McNeal is absolutly the BEST photographer I have seen . I have seen many on flickr."
December 12th, 2008
Richard Tierney says:
"Well where does one start?
I was contacted by Kevin to ask if I would becoem a contact.. Little did I know what a superb collection of images I would find in his stream. I feel inadequate now :-(
Stunning landscape work a standard I can only aspire to. Take the time to look through his collectiona and marvel at his skill amd observation of nature.
December 10th, 2008
Darien Chin says:
"Kevin has been an inspiration to my photography ever since a couple months after I started shooting. I feel lucky to have made such good friends with him, and to this day he's the one guy I can call and hit the road with at most anytime to go search out landscapes. They don't come more dedicated than this. He damn near lives out of his Prius at times, racking miles like it ain't no thang and living off coca-cola:) You won't find someone more excited about shooting, and I think he's already taken more frames than I will in my entire life....many of which have won awards and/or been published. I am always excited to see what he'll bring home next. Landscape is a hard business to make a living at, but if there's anyone out there that I believe will make it.....it's Kevin. His talent and drive are exceptional. Plus he gets great gas mileage:)"
July 7th, 2008
- Kevin McNeal
- February 2006
- Olympia, U.S.
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Professional Photographer
- kevinmcneal30 [at] hotmail.com