Having rediscovered photography November 2004 after a 15 year absence I am rapidly becoming a flickrholic. I have already made so many new friends through Flickr from around the world that I count myself as one of the fortunate ones. I welcome any comments (preferably not too rude) you may want to make on my photographs as I really do want and need to improve my skills. I use a Fujipix S7000 and am only now after 8 months starting to really discover though it has its limitations how good a camera it is.
Almost all my shots are now "checked" in photoshop (mainly for fine tuning the cameras limitations) which I don't see as cheating but rather as though I have full darkroom control over them.
Feel free to email/IM me if you have any questions or requests
11th May 2006: If you browse my stream and leave a comment I do make every effort to return the compliment but home and work commitments will always come first, so if I miss your comment or simply run out of time to browse your stream I apologise now and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated
22nd June 2007: If there is a shot in this stream that you are interested in using please contact me as there most probably are number of variations/other shots taken at the same time but not uploaded to Flickr
November 2007: New gear added to the line up - expect image quality to go down while I learn how to use it :)
There are 16 tones here I can see them I hope you can as well
Please don't post invitations to groups on my photos. I don't have the time to join and I will probably delete those comments with horrible flashing giffs.
What Camera magazine
- !Catchy Colors 4,451,830 photos, 183,443 members
- Most beautiful unretouched faces on Flickr. 2,821 photos, 116 members
- Maidenhead 2,569 photos, 188 members
- You are woman, you are beautiful, let the world see you 241,843 photos, 8,277 members
- The Portrait Group 3,068,346 photos, 166,126 members
- Sigma 28mm F1.8 EX DG Aspherical MACRO 3,103 photos, 315 members
- Pearly Kings & Queens 368 photos, 85 members
- streunerin(ism) **PHOTOS MUST CONTAIN AN X** 274 photos, 49 members
- The Slough Canal 147 photos, 12 members
- Pick me! 250 photos, 77 members
- BestOf... Black&White 1,692 photos, 244 members
- Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG HSM 20,427 photos, 3,010 members
- Canon 5D MkII 211,867 photos, 5,017 members
- Countryfile 687,947 photos, 7,250 members
- Minimalist Landscapes: take the long view! 24,107 photos, 38,801 members
- Can I take your picture? 39,795 photos, 2,057 members
- I NEED A TREE. Post1 / Award 2 Comment before post! 18,017 photos, 1,965 members
- portraits and faces. 1,949,271 photos, 97,724 members
- Pre Raphaelite Brotherhood and Sisters too! 253 photos, 70 members
- Pre-Raphaelite and Romantic 3,822 photos, 570 members
- 100 Strangers London & UK Meet ups 548 photos, 29 members
- 100 Strangers 49,582 photos, 11,764 members
- Farming Life 31,174 photos, 1,218 members
- Ordinary Sunset, Common Sunrise 483 photos, 53 members
- Stoke Park, Country Club & Resort 62 photos, 6 members
- Architecture (Clean Shots) 16,809 photos, 2,021 members
- Bus UK: The Bus Stations Of Britain 4,037 photos, 176 members
- RED photos only 60,799 photos, 4,221 members
- Urban Landscape 237,368 photos, 7,616 members
- Eton College 250 photos, 5 members
- Castles from the world. 75,909 photos, 5,139 members
- The Thematorium:: CONTEST #119:: Bokeh Challenge with props :: 1,811 photos, 396 members
- Photofocus 86,221 photos, 8,075 members
- A Walk in the Woods 11,094 photos, 261 members
- Luminous Landscapes 8,323 photos, 1,558 members
- west park hospital 2,086 photos, 172 members
- Farriery 675 photos, 123 members
- Lowepro UK Photo Comp Pool 208 photos, 201 members
- Lowepro UK Comp Pool 'Invention' 91 photos, 92 members
- The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment 3,036 photos, 286 members
- Lowepro UK Comp Pool 'Material' 88 photos, 91 members
- Cream me! 910 photos, 79 members
- Royal Marine Commandos 2,147 photos, 375 members
- The empty times. 582 photos, 182 members
- This Is Berkshire 5,296 photos, 130 members
- Military Bands and Music 7,298 photos, 201 members
- Royal Guards 11,155 photos, 575 members
- Biffa Bins Are Lovely 112 photos, 39 members
- Industry 103,987 photos, 6,339 members
- Isle of Skye 25,734 photos, 2,783 members
"Kevin is the type of photographer that everyone deep down aspires to be. Just look at his stuff and you will see what I mean."
April 11th, 2012
"Bizarre. Kevin's one of my oldest Flickr acquaintances, and a friend in real life too, yet I never got round to penning a paean. In person, he's one of the most down-to-earth, modest and affable people who really do have talent and flair that I've met. None of your miserable tortured artiste here.
His photos speak for themselves; I don't need to say much other than look at the care he takes over composition, exposure, focus, post-processing, all the arts of digital capture (and he takes a mean 6x7 film shot too). His dead tree and contrarily beautiful Sloughscapes get most of the attention, but don't overlook his eye for a telling portrait or a commentary on the urban either."
February 14th, 2009
"There's not much I can add to the glowing testimonials listed hereunder, but I just wanted to say this. Anyone who ever thinks of taking a picture of a tree should first find a carpet of leaves, kneel down in the direction of Slough, and say five Hail Kevins. You might then have a chance of taking a shot half as good as Mr Day's most ordinary effort. As for his good stuff, don't even think about it. The man's a master, in a class of his own. And he somehow manages to be a lovely chap, even though he lives in Slough. On second thoughts, you'd better say 10 Hail Kevins. This man is clearly a god."
February 1st, 2009
"After following Kevins work for a year now, he will always suprise you with a new and open angle on life with fresh colour. Constructive comments are always there too.
Thanks for the support over 2006, looking forward to following you on your ever changing path for another year of inspireing work.
January 17th, 2007
"Kevin's images all have so much heart and grace in them -- all considered and returned to with loving care and detail... if I can't get out of my office for a stroll on a frazzled day, wandering through his collections of photos is often a good substitute. plus he's known for occasional indulgences in lovey-dovey-ness for his Flickr friends, and that makes him all the more charming."
May 4th, 2006
"Kevin has made a collection of outstanding pictures here. The world is full of magical light and colour as seen through his eyes and lens."
March 22nd, 2006
Lynn Morag says:
"A stunning photographer with a wonderful variety of subject matter, Kevin is also a very genuine person who goes out of his way to help those who are learning.
Thank you for being you, Kevin!"
March 12th, 2006
Kalense Kid says:
"Kevin takes the photos that I aspire to take."
February 19th, 2006
"Slough, it seems, has always been the subject of much derision. However Kevin shows us that beauty can be found within its cold concrete exterior. His wonderful photography has proved to be a sharp rebuttal to John Betjeman's description of the town.
With his talent of finding the hidden beauty within the mundane I am hoping I can commission him to take my picture :)
Thank you for being one of my Flickr highlights."
February 16th, 2006
"Not being a religious man myself, there is no greater compliment I can pay Kevin than by saying that his images make me gape in awe at god's creation... Kevin's photographs capture moments that can't be described in any way other than magical, sublime, exquisite. The man is an artist with an obscene amount of talent, make no mistake. Moreover, as if that wasn't enough... he's also one of the nicest, warmest and friendliest of people in the Flickr community. And now need you ask why I sometimes turn green with envy??? Haaaa! Kevin Day, I raise my hat to you, man!"
December 29th, 2005
- Kevin Day
- October 2004
- Slough, Berkshire, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Graphic Designer/Photographer
- OneDay Photography
- kevday2008 [at] yahoo.co.uk