I shoot outside the box, that's where the light is!
VIEW MY MOST INTERESTING
YES I BLOG
In 2004 we sold our San Joaquin Valley home of almost two decades and moved to the town of Morro Bay, California. Morro Bay a small long time fishing town of 10,000 residents on the Pacific Coast is centrally located between San Fransisco and Los Angeles. For many years Morro Bay was our little Hawaii, a place within a few hours drive where we could spend the weekend relaxing in the cool coastal breezes and stuffing ourselves with fresh fish from the Pacific Coastline. So, in 2004 when it was time to make the decision of where to spend our relaxing years, it was a no brainer.
In 2004 I also decided to retire from the business world after being a business owner and manager for over 25 years. It was now time to spend life enjoying my childhood passion of photography. During the days of film most of my equipment preferences were Nikon, but this time I chose to hone my creativity with Professional Canon equipment.
I joined Flickr a few years ago to share my images with others and enjoy images from around the world. I do reserve the rights of my imagery ©2013 All rights to the images on this Flickr site, and parts of, are the property of Kevin Cole, "www.kevinlcole.com" and may not be used without the express written approval of Kevin Cole. For use of this image contact Kevin Cole at kevin@kevinLcole.com. All my image have been digitally watermarked with a Digimarc digital ID and are internet searchable to identify copyright violators.
I enjoy seeing comments on my images from fellow Flickrites and group invites are always welcome. My goal is to develop a vast network of Flickr friends that enjoy my imagery, and I theirs. If you stop by to view my imagery please make a comment, if you don't like what you see, tell me so, I have big shoulders. If you do comment I will gladly reciprocate and add my supportive comments to your images as well. Everyone is welcome to make me a contact, but please do not take offense if I choose not to reciprocate if your work does not fit my interests.
Happy shooting to all, and, don't forget to take that picture of what you don't see.
Taken in Arches National Park, Utah. Balance Rock in the background.
Photos of kevincole (6)
- LifePixel IR / Kolari Vision - Infrared Converted Camera Group 1,671 photos, 152 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,599,144 photos, 98,065 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 32,976 photos, 2,133 members
- Pro Photo - Flickr Group 4,274 photos, 205 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 48,929 photos, 7,513 members
- Your Best Hipstamatic Prints- p1a5 129 photos, 41 members
- Project Weather 620,439 photos, 88,693 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 78,475 photos, 3,193 members
- Hipstamatic 319,336 photos, 16,788 members
- iPhoneography 404,494 photos, 12,810 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 377,427 photos, 16,983 members
- iPadography 0 photos, 1 member
- iPhoneograph 322 photos, 18 members
- iPhone-art iphoneography 41,265 photos, 816 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 575,527 photos, 21,346 members
- I Love Black and White! 1,497,977 photos, 57,994 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 597,607 photos, 39,742 members
- Central Coast Sunsets 355 photos, 28 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a5) 44,122 photos, 6,472 members
- HDR! (P1/C3) 38,348 photos, 1,669 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 100,569 photos, 4,369 members
- Super Photographer (Post1 -Award 5) 364,170 photos, 18,477 members
- Bodie Ghost Town 6,987 photos, 924 members
- EXPLORE Worthy - 2 Challenges Open NOW 11,228 photos, 675 members
- Platinum Universe ( ADM INVITE ) (1-5) Sweeper super active 1,699 photos, 518 members
- Golden Universe (1-5) Sweeper super active 14,382 photos, 1,555 members
- Forced Perspective 3,363 photos, 959 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #1 - (Post 1 - Award 5) 475,197 photos, 13,916 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 2 (p1/a3) 37,345 photos, 8,088 members
- Scott Kelby's 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk - July 24, 2010 14,376 photos, 3,714 members
- Show and Shine 530 photos, 46 members
- San Luis Obispo Camera Club 10,530 photos, 73 members
- Rate My Photograph Now! 32,068 photos, 5,723 members
- Hot Rods - Only!!! 12,350 photos, 238 members
- Hot Rods & Racing 21,502 photos, 858 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 392,829 photos, 28,754 members
- ! !^Life´s a Journey Level 1 17,017 photos, 2,077 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 70,720 photos, 2,331 members
- Photomorrobay Headshots 20 photos, 9 members
- avp&a #3 - Sorry, we are CLOSED 6,841 photos, 888 members
- The Photo Professionals Post 1 ~ Award 3 Enhanced Photos Only 10,522 photos, 633 members
- avp&a #2 - Sorry, we have CLOSED 19,105 photos, 1,575 members
- ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS NOW (Post1/Comment3) 27,408 photos, 1,782 members
- avp&a #1 - SORRY, We Have to CLOSE 69,640 photos, 3,420 members
- cRAzY aBoUT naTuRE(This Group is Closed) 213,108 photos, 8,353 members
- God Has Been Painting Again! 3,995 photos, 468 members
- * THE NATURES~~GREEN PEACE~~ 100%Nature~NO People/NO Buildings 66,103 photos, 3,657 members
- *LEVEL- 3 : WORLD Peace* HallofFame P 1 / A 5 22,565 photos, 4,319 members
- !!Photographers REALLY Gone Wild (New Rules) 20,798 photos, 4,721 members
- Top Seven Gallery ~ Admin Invite Only 3,260 photos, 779 members
"Creativity is one thing, but when combined with technical mastery, the result is imagery that not only holds up well but continues to reveal itself over time. Kevin is a consumate photographer in this regard: he has an artistic sensibility and a keen eye for composition, seemingly infinite patience in the timing of his shots for lighting and subject placement, and a master's command of his tools and medium. But that is just half the story because Kevin is also one of the most generous contributors on Flickr in sharing the secrets of his craft, both in his detailed description of methods and settings, and in his thoughtful response to any questions.
Do yourself a favor: find the images in Kevin's photostream that call out to you, then study how they were made. Regardless of the level of your experience or equipment, you will find something that you can apply beneficially to your own photography. And you will find beautiful images that bring you back for repeated viewing."
July 19th, 2009
- Kevin Cole
- June 2007
- Pacific Coast, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Business owner and Aerospace parts manufacturer