I shoot outside the box, that's where the light is!
VIEW MY MOST INTERESTING
YES I BLOG
In 2004 we sold our San Joaquin Valley home of almost two decades and moved to the town of Morro Bay, California. Morro Bay a small long time fishing town of 10,000 residents on the Pacific Coast is centrally located between San Fransisco and Los Angeles. For many years Morro Bay was our little Hawaii, a place within a few hours drive where we could spend the weekend relaxing in the cool coastal breezes and stuffing ourselves with fresh fish from the Pacific Coastline. So, in 2004 when it was time to make the decision of where to spend our relaxing years, it was a no brainer.
In 2004 I also decided to retire from the business world after being a business owner and manager for over 25 years. It was now time to spend life enjoying my childhood passion of photography. During the days of film most of my equipment preferences were Nikon, but this time I chose to hone my creativity with Professional Canon equipment.
I joined Flickr a few years ago to share my images with others and enjoy images from around the world. I do reserve the rights of my imagery ©2013 All rights to the images on this Flickr site, and parts of, are the property of Kevin Cole, "www.kevinlcole.com" and may not be used without the express written approval of Kevin Cole. For use of this image contact Kevin Cole at kevin@kevinLcole.com. All my image have been digitally watermarked with a Digimarc digital ID and are internet searchable to identify copyright violators.
I enjoy seeing comments on my images from fellow Flickrites and group invites are always welcome. My goal is to develop a vast network of Flickr friends that enjoy my imagery, and I theirs. If you stop by to view my imagery please make a comment, if you don't like what you see, tell me so, I have big shoulders. If you do comment I will gladly reciprocate and add my supportive comments to your images as well. Everyone is welcome to make me a contact, but please do not take offense if I choose not to reciprocate if your work does not fit my interests.
Happy shooting to all, and, don't forget to take that picture of what you don't see.
Taken in Arches National Park, Utah. Balance Rock in the background.
Photos of kevincole (6)
- LifePixel IR / Kolari Vision - Infrared Converted Camera Group 1,200 photos, 135 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,269,333 photos, 95,238 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 32,071 photos, 2,088 members
- Pro Photo - Flickr Group 3,555 photos, 198 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 48,044 photos, 7,518 members
- Your Best Hipstamatic Prints- p1a5 129 photos, 40 members
- Project Weather 557,792 photos, 83,296 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 74,504 photos, 3,127 members
- Hipstamatic 317,061 photos, 16,762 members
- iPhoneography 398,856 photos, 12,675 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 371,611 photos, 16,825 members
- iPadography 0 photos, 1 member
- iPhoneograph 301 photos, 17 members
- iPhone-art iphoneography 40,183 photos, 809 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 557,920 photos, 20,557 members
- I Love Black and White! 1,406,706 photos, 55,994 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 582,206 photos, 39,024 members
- Central Coast Sunsets 348 photos, 28 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a5) 44,235 photos, 6,480 members
- HDR! (P1/C3) 38,017 photos, 1,672 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 100,782 photos, 4,391 members
- Super Photographer (Post1 -Award 5) 353,287 photos, 18,243 members
- Bodie Ghost Town 6,691 photos, 897 members
- EXPLORE Worthy - 2 Challenges Open NOW + WINNERS!! 10,658 photos, 648 members
- Platinum Universe ( ADM INVITE ) (1-5) Sweeper super active 1,716 photos, 521 members
- Golden Universe (1-5) Sweeper super active 14,316 photos, 1,564 members
- Forced Perspective 3,199 photos, 942 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #1 - (Post 1 - Award 5) 478,311 photos, 14,035 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 2 (p1/a5) 37,345 photos, 8,047 members
- Scott Kelby's 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk - July 24, 2010 14,403 photos, 3,730 members
- Show and Shine 526 photos, 44 members
- San Luis Obispo Camera Club 10,100 photos, 72 members
- Rate My Photograph Now! 31,839 photos, 5,712 members
- Hot Rods - Only!!! 11,349 photos, 228 members
- Hot Rods & Racing 19,839 photos, 843 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 376,183 photos, 27,862 members
- ! !^Life´s a Journey Level 1 12,035 photos, 1,824 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 69,128 photos, 2,328 members
- Photomorrobay Headshots 20 photos, 9 members
- avp&a #3 - Sorry, we are CLOSED 6,898 photos, 897 members
- The Photo Professionals Post 1 ~ Award 3 Enhanced Photos Only 10,669 photos, 635 members
- avp&a #2 - Sorry, we have CLOSED 19,259 photos, 1,589 members
- ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS NOW (Post1/Comment3) 26,906 photos, 1,788 members
- avp&a #1 - SORRY, We Have to CLOSE 70,190 photos, 3,433 members
- cRAzY aBoUT naTuRE(This Group is Closed) 213,787 photos, 8,397 members
- God Has Been Painting Again! 3,996 photos, 468 members
- * THE NATURES~~GREEN PEACE~~ 100%Nature~NO People/NO Buildings 63,009 photos, 3,638 members
- *LEVEL- 3 : WORLD Peace* HallofFame P1/A4 20,381 photos, 4,248 members
- !!Photographers REALLY Gone Wild (New Rules) 20,459 photos, 4,662 members
- Top Seven Gallery ~ Admin Invite Only 3,278 photos, 787 members
"Creativity is one thing, but when combined with technical mastery, the result is imagery that not only holds up well but continues to reveal itself over time. Kevin is a consumate photographer in this regard: he has an artistic sensibility and a keen eye for composition, seemingly infinite patience in the timing of his shots for lighting and subject placement, and a master's command of his tools and medium. But that is just half the story because Kevin is also one of the most generous contributors on Flickr in sharing the secrets of his craft, both in his detailed description of methods and settings, and in his thoughtful response to any questions.
Do yourself a favor: find the images in Kevin's photostream that call out to you, then study how they were made. Regardless of the level of your experience or equipment, you will find something that you can apply beneficially to your own photography. And you will find beautiful images that bring you back for repeated viewing."
July 19th, 2009
- Kevin Cole
- June 2007
- Pacific Coast, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Business owner and Aerospace parts manufacturer