I shoot outside the box, that's where the light is!
VIEW MY MOST INTERESTING
YES I BLOG
In 2004 we sold our San Joaquin Valley home of almost two decades and moved to the town of Morro Bay, California. Morro Bay a small long time fishing town of 10,000 residents on the Pacific Coast is centrally located between San Fransisco and Los Angeles. For many years Morro Bay was our little Hawaii, a place within a few hours drive where we could spend the weekend relaxing in the cool coastal breezes and stuffing ourselves with fresh fish from the Pacific Coastline. So, in 2004 when it was time to make the decision of where to spend our relaxing years, it was a no brainer.
In 2004 I also decided to retire from the business world after being a business owner and manager for over 25 years. It was now time to spend life enjoying my childhood passion of photography. During the days of film most of my equipment preferences were Nikon, but this time I chose to hone my creativity with Professional Canon equipment.
I joined Flickr a few years ago to share my images with others and enjoy images from around the world. I do reserve the rights of my imagery ©2013 All rights to the images on this Flickr site, and parts of, are the property of Kevin Cole, "www.kevinlcole.com" and may not be used without the express written approval of Kevin Cole. For use of this image contact Kevin Cole at kevin@kevinLcole.com. All my image have been digitally watermarked with a Digimarc digital ID and are internet searchable to identify copyright violators.
I enjoy seeing comments on my images from fellow Flickrites and group invites are always welcome. My goal is to develop a vast network of Flickr friends that enjoy my imagery, and I theirs. If you stop by to view my imagery please make a comment, if you don't like what you see, tell me so, I have big shoulders. If you do comment I will gladly reciprocate and add my supportive comments to your images as well. Everyone is welcome to make me a contact, but please do not take offense if I choose not to reciprocate if your work does not fit my interests.
Happy shooting to all, and, don't forget to take that picture of what you don't see.
Taken in Arches National Park, Utah. Balance Rock in the background.
Photos of kevincole (6)
- LifePixel IR / Kolari Vision - Infrared Converted Camera Group 1,444 photos, 143 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,468,144 photos, 97,051 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 32,577 photos, 2,115 members
- Pro Photo - Flickr Group 3,981 photos, 203 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 48,520 photos, 7,515 members
- Your Best Hipstamatic Prints- p1a5 129 photos, 41 members
- Project Weather 607,001 photos, 87,619 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 76,983 photos, 3,172 members
- Hipstamatic 317,840 photos, 16,768 members
- iPhoneography 401,784 photos, 12,763 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 375,386 photos, 16,921 members
- iPadography 0 photos, 1 member
- iPhoneograph 322 photos, 18 members
- iPhone-art iphoneography 40,805 photos, 811 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 569,749 photos, 21,066 members
- I Love Black and White! 1,461,049 photos, 57,238 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 591,093 photos, 39,484 members
- Central Coast Sunsets 356 photos, 28 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a5) 44,179 photos, 6,468 members
- HDR! (P1/C3) 38,104 photos, 1,674 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 100,599 photos, 4,380 members
- Super Photographer (Post1 -Award 5) 359,415 photos, 18,394 members
- Bodie Ghost Town 6,896 photos, 914 members
- EXPLORE Worthy - 2 Challenges Open NOW + WINNERS!! 11,047 photos, 669 members
- Platinum Universe ( ADM INVITE ) (1-5) Sweeper super active 1,699 photos, 518 members
- Golden Universe (1-5) Sweeper super active 14,345 photos, 1,561 members
- Forced Perspective 3,304 photos, 953 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #1 - (Post 1 - Award 5) 476,340 photos, 13,961 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 2 (p1/a5) 37,389 photos, 8,079 members
- Scott Kelby's 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk - July 24, 2010 14,387 photos, 3,720 members
- Show and Shine 529 photos, 46 members
- San Luis Obispo Camera Club 10,386 photos, 73 members
- Rate My Photograph Now! 31,952 photos, 5,720 members
- Hot Rods - Only!!! 12,059 photos, 234 members
- Hot Rods & Racing 20,865 photos, 850 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 386,154 photos, 28,409 members
- ! !^Life´s a Journey Level 1 14,854 photos, 1,960 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 70,102 photos, 2,330 members
- Photomorrobay Headshots 20 photos, 9 members
- avp&a #3 - Sorry, we are CLOSED 6,856 photos, 892 members
- The Photo Professionals Post 1 ~ Award 3 Enhanced Photos Only 10,556 photos, 635 members
- avp&a #2 - Sorry, we have CLOSED 19,144 photos, 1,580 members
- ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS NOW (Post1/Comment3) 27,194 photos, 1,784 members
- avp&a #1 - SORRY, We Have to CLOSE 69,915 photos, 3,423 members
- cRAzY aBoUT naTuRE(This Group is Closed) 213,231 photos, 8,362 members
- God Has Been Painting Again! 4,026 photos, 469 members
- * THE NATURES~~GREEN PEACE~~ 100%Nature~NO People/NO Buildings 65,053 photos, 3,648 members
- *LEVEL- 3 : WORLD Peace* HallofFame P 1 / A 5 21,799 photos, 4,308 members
- !!Photographers REALLY Gone Wild (New Rules) 20,691 photos, 4,688 members
- Top Seven Gallery ~ Admin Invite Only 3,262 photos, 784 members
"Creativity is one thing, but when combined with technical mastery, the result is imagery that not only holds up well but continues to reveal itself over time. Kevin is a consumate photographer in this regard: he has an artistic sensibility and a keen eye for composition, seemingly infinite patience in the timing of his shots for lighting and subject placement, and a master's command of his tools and medium. But that is just half the story because Kevin is also one of the most generous contributors on Flickr in sharing the secrets of his craft, both in his detailed description of methods and settings, and in his thoughtful response to any questions.
Do yourself a favor: find the images in Kevin's photostream that call out to you, then study how they were made. Regardless of the level of your experience or equipment, you will find something that you can apply beneficially to your own photography. And you will find beautiful images that bring you back for repeated viewing."
July 19th, 2009
- Kevin Cole
- June 2007
- Pacific Coast, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Business owner and Aerospace parts manufacturer