About Reproducing My Images - - Courtesy Is Mandatory
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Please contact me before using any of my images in anyway. My pricing has been fair and I will continue to be gracious and charitable to non-profit entities working to make Earth a safe and healthy place.
"Let me show you the world in my eyes..."
Many thanks and much love goes to amasam, Susan NYC and Amy Rathgeb. Each played a part in the rekindling of my interest and practice of photography.
I feel I also must make mention of Hugh Bell whose tutorage guided me when I was a young photographer on the streets of New York City, Steve Kohn for teaching me how to develop and print photographs and lastly to my father who put my first cameras into my hands.
Notice Please do not insert gaudy unsolicited 'awards' under my images.
Get yourself a drink, play some music and check out a slide show of my favorite images on Flickr by others on Flickr
My photography can also be seen here:
On Model Mayhem
Please contact me if you're visiting New York City and allow me to at least try to host a photostroll for you.
Direct email at kensteinphotography @ gmail.com is often best.
Eek! There are folks I would prefer not to have following me here on Flickr. Be forewarned I will block you if you do not have your own images in your photostream and only less than tasteful photos in your Favorites.
- please don't award us 0 photos, 529 members
- Montreal 128,075 photos, 4,885 members
- Montreal Street Photography (Revisited) 7,641 photos, 1,302 members
- East New York 327 photos, 33 members
- Fujifilm X-Series Street Photography 88,432 photos, 3,274 members
- Chinatown 26,274 photos, 11,298 members
- Black and White 6,834,362 photos, 357,493 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,186 photos, 80,679 members
- canon photography 6,397,896 photos, 110,409 members
- Black & White Pictures 372,774 photos, 8,648 members
- Black & White Digital 1,149,595 photos, 38,306 members
- Fujifilm X Series 418,149 photos, 7,313 members
- B/W ... the world in black and white 810,417 photos, 18,769 members
- Edinburgh Photography 759 photos, 427 members
- Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM 2,425 photos, 485 members
- Brighton in Black & White 2,883 photos, 239 members
- Brighton 99,976 photos, 6,227 members
- Monochrome Edinburgh 5,869 photos, 150 members
- Edinburgh Street Photography 11,709 photos, 570 members
- Edinburgh 140,241 photos, 5,729 members
- 24mm (Prime) 26,949 photos, 1,833 members
- LONDON CALLING - no big ben please. 135,167 photos, 2,842 members
- London Streets 139,226 photos, 12,348 members
- London Street Photography (LSP) 255 photos, 4,773 members
- London Tube 59,965 photos, 18,331 members
- London Flickr Meetups 8,499 photos, 2,959 members
- London Street Photography 21,475 photos, 644 members
- Williamsburg, Brooklyn (Old and New) 1,344 photos, 177 members
- Fuji X Forum Official Flickr Group 89,203 photos, 1,243 members
- Fujifilm X100(s/t) Street Photography 9,786 photos, 590 members
- Photos of Fujifilm X100, X100S, X100T, X100F 1,097 photos, 1,131 members
- Fujifilm X100T 63,856 photos, 4,665 members
- 1001 Dreams – Museum of Erotic Art 4,197 photos, 4,149 members
- Black & White Street Photography 62,910 photos, 2,445 members
- Cities in B+W 69,181 photos, 2,174 members
- flickr street 35 70,987 photos, 970 members
- New York City Street Photography 145,374 photos, 6,392 members
- In The Streets 275,605 photos, 4,669 members
- Portraits from the Street 255,196 photos, 7,606 members
- StreetPhoto 1,375,389 photos, 30,899 members
- Urban Life 379,250 photos, 6,382 members
- Street Life 623,146 photos, 12,618 members
- FUJIFILM X Street Photography 201,248 photos, 6,434 members
- Today On The Subway 2,819 photos, 180 members
- Chinatowns of the World 9,382 photos, 844 members
- People Watching 769,062 photos, 12,864 members
- Fuji X100 Enthusiasts 268,910 photos, 10,820 members
- Fuji X100s B&W 8,947 photos, 688 members
- X100 Fan 3,269 photos, 126 members
- Bostonist 34,839 photos, 829 members
silly mailbox says:
"Ken is on fire and truly inspires with his keen eye for the moment. I enjoy his photos for their raw candidness and how these manage to transport me to a place I once called home and still feel very close to my heart. Keep up the good work, Ken!"
November 17th, 2007
"I enjoy Ken's work, and I am always looking forward to his new images.
I find he has a very strong voice in the art of photography."
July 23rd, 2007
unknown brick says:
"I've met Ken on flickr almost a year now, Ken has a huge huge heart, and from his photographs, one gets to learn more about life."
June 16th, 2007
"like your photos :)
March 30th, 2007
"Both city mouse & country mouse, Ken's stream is exuberantly diverse.... And he is a great participant in the community -- he's introduced me to new people and excellent groups from afar. Yay!"
December 15th, 2006
dear nest says:
"Creative, honest, a teacher, a friend! Ken is a very peculiar person, who comes around as if he doesn't want anything and suddenly you find yourself dragged into his world, where sincere images and life lessons are spreaded all over! Thank you for sharing your world!"
April 30th, 2006
"Ken's images are always interesting and meaningful- or should i say, full of meaning. Oddly enough, we somehow end up shooting a lot of the same exact subjects...living in the same 'dying' hood, its hard to not look at things that are in such a radical state of change. Ken has a great eye for detail. People with such a eye should never run with scissors....but he does."
April 4th, 2006
Susan NYC says:
"I loved telling Ken about Flickr and then watching him post a few, then more, than a whole lot (thousands!) of pictures on his photostream. Ken's pictures are wonderfully personal, warm, and often political - parties, pals, Amantha's dancing, good times, jazzy cars, and his community. To see his pictures is have the pleasure of being invited to his world."
September 30th, 2005
- March 2005
- The Bronx, 1965
- I am:
- Male and Single
- High School Teacher