Trying to become a professional photographer and make a living out of it. Recently became employed after three years of being a part of the 15 M unemployed.
I also blog at My Chicago Photowalks, and at Manong Ken's Carinderia, a Filipino food blog. Enjoy.
Snapshots with Ken Ilio - online interview by Noah Bulgaria at the Animal Kingdom pool.
- in explore 179,957 photos, 12,454 members
- SONY A7 (ILCE-7) 19,471 photos, 1,387 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,610 photos, 15,168 members
- Master of photoshop 426 photos, 283 members
- animal photographs 3,358 photos, 83 members
- Every flower 573 photos, 44 members
- The Filipino Lakwatsero formerly Travel and Tourism in the Phils 844 photos, 221 members
- The Great Lakes (3/day) 18,992 photos, 1,801 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 29,601 photos, 4,385 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 427,415 photos, 103,585 members
- Kilted Life - A Celebration ! 15,591 photos, 2,275 members
- Chihuly Art 11,127 photos, 1,376 members
- Be My Flickr Valentine 242 photos, 254 members
- Flickr for iPhone 42,805 photos, 4,702 members
- Tamron SP AF200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) 2,927 photos, 218 members
- Pulaski County Indiana 65 photos, 15 members
- 12-12-2012 388 photos, 367 members
- Chicago's Architectural Ornamentation 1,449 photos, 50 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,078 photos, 6,939 members
- Lincoln Sightings 443 photos, 166 members
- Lincoln Sites 1,059 photos, 146 members
- Look through my Lens 426 photos, 67 members
- Eastwooding 1 photo, 1 member
- Feelings Colour 3,868 photos, 386 members
- Sequence Photography 5,374 photos, 2,492 members
- Avibase 57,053 photos, 856 members
- Wicker Park & Bucktown 3,227 photos, 263 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 3,920 photos, 801 members
- Captive Dolphin & Whales 349 photos, 46 members
- PINOY AKO / FILIPINO-MESTIZO 195 photos, 30 members
- Birds of Minnesota 5,789 photos, 207 members
- Fuji FinePix "Point and Shoot" Pix 12,748 photos, 385 members
- A DAY 274 photos, 152 members
- Perigee "Super Moon" 2012 368 photos, 193 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 2,896 photos, 358 members
- Illinois Emergency Services 25,334 photos, 356 members
- Art Deco The Deliciously Detailed To The Sublime Streamline 15,639 photos, 734 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,915,064 photos, 81,898 members
- ART Selected By ADMINISTRATORS *Public Group (P1 ~ A 3)Level 1 22,291 photos, 1,420 members
- New York, New York 385,733 photos, 15,461 members
- Earth Hour in Photos 215 photos, 143 members
- Earth Hour 2012 2,241 photos, 120 members
- Skylines around the world 45,378 photos, 3,833 members
- Northwestern University and Evanston, IL (Illinois) 5,843 photos, 289 members
- The Philippine Travel,Tourism and Bus Photography 20,341 photos, 684 members
- Travel And Tourism in the Philippines(Wow Philippines) 12,520 photos, 929 members
- Muffler Men and other Roadside Statues, also cool signs. 4,689 photos, 297 members
- Southwest Michigan 4,630 photos, 95 members
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago 228 photos, 39 members
- Art Deco 31,488 photos, 2,931 members
"I love love love Flipped Out's photostream! It is one of the most diverse and interesting set of photos on Flickr. This is one of the places I visit for inspiration and some amazing shots of Chicago."
6th December, 2008
Friendly American says:
"Frank Sinatra was known the world over as a "Man's man". The kind of man that other males of his time would aspire to imulate. In the same vein, Ken is a photographer's photographer. He is very kind and giving of his time and his talent and he is extemely humble even though he is extremely talented and beyond the skill and aptitude of mere mortals such as myself.
I witnessed a women that Ken knows running into him on a recent shoot and the excitement in which she introduced him to her family was that of a person introducing a distinguished professor that she held in the highest regard.
Ken, I'm going to be watching for the next opportunity to shoot with you, I suspect that there is still so much you can teach me."
26th August, 2008
omar cruz says:
"I've met Mr. Ken just two days ago and I thought it would just be a normal eyeball but to my surprise it became an adhoc photography opportunity. He gave tips about photography and on post processing. Thank you sir! You're such a nice man, and it was a real pleasure to have met you. Hope to see you next time. Thanks again for the food and for the lessons.
Ken is truly an educator, one passionate photographer, and a genuine artist."
8th November, 2007
"Ken is one of my very favorite flickr photographers! I LOVE the pictures he takes of Chicago. I always look for his new pics on my photostream to see what awesome picture he has captured on the magical camera of his!"
2nd April, 2007
"Your photos are incredible. What an artist. I have really enjoyed viewing them!"
18th December, 2006
Liz O Hamm says:
"I get such a kick out of your snaps of the Philippine tarsier! Thank you so much for sharing. You are one of my favorite profiles to visit. Keep 'em coming!! ~liz, Los Angeles"
8th August, 2006
"I can't even begin to describe Ken in a testimonial. An outstanding photographer, a great personality and the willing to help others where needed. He inspires me to push the limits and always do my best. Thank you for all your support. = )"
28th July, 2006
"Ken challenges both photography and photographers alike. He sees wondeful images in the most random places and for that eye I admire him. Yet, at the same time, he can take the obvious shots and make them unique and special!! Not to mention he's an all around kick-arse kind of guy!! (c:"
9th July, 2006
"As someone who has aspirations for a future in Photography I have certainly been inspired by your work and comments. Trully one of the most impressive artist on Flickr."
28th June, 2006
Rey Nocum says:
"If I'm a good photographer now, it's because of this person. The inspiration, teachings and his websites helped me a lot in my photography.
I was surprised to see his name in the contact list of a filipino photographer and when I examine the contact list of some photographers, I was even more surprised to seem his name included in their list too. He seem to be in everyone's contacts list.
I love his Bean series.
God bless you, Ken."
15th June, 2006
"His Chicago photos are unparalleled for their beauty and in capturing the essence of the city. I consider myself lucky to have accidently stumbled upon his work and fortunate, all the same."
22nd May, 2006
"I am honored to know Ken and have seen his photographs. I am inspired by his visions, EVERYDAY, when he posts! He has such a generous heart, sharing what he knows about photography, and sharing with us his gifts of beautiful, emotional, and FUN pictures!!! He's my "flickr hero" =)"
16th May, 2006
"A consumate artiste at heart. Proud to be your friend."
27th April, 2006
- Ken Ilio
- December 2005
- Malinao, Aklan, Philippines
- Gary, IN, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- High School Teacher
- Ken Ilio Photography