Trying to become a professional photographer and make a living out of it.
I also blog at My Chicago Photowalks and Uncommon Photographers. Enjoy.
Snapshots with Ken Ilio - online interview by Noah Bulgaria at the Animal Kingdom pool.
- Logan Square 3,142 photos, 231 members
- MOUNTAIN 79,398 photos, 8,075 members
- Cetacean Cousins Photo Library 698 photos, 34 members
- Sunsets over the City 88,409 photos, 13,184 members
- Cloudy Days 29,014 photos, 1,751 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,434 photos, 44,136 members
- Blind Photographers 10,425 photos, 396 members
- Chicago's Lakefront 677 photos, 43 members
- Churches and Temples of Chicago 1,802 photos, 98 members
- Napa Valley Living & Visiting 1,800 photos, 227 members
- Random Photos in Napa 1,681 photos, 106 members
- Flickr Friday 24,318 photos, 33,591 members
- Busking 2,356 photos, 267 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 18,467 photos, 1,106 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 67,471 photos, 5,515 members
- TIN MAN ♥ 280 photos, 35 members
- I AM NIKON :) 72,079 photos, 2,211 members
- Black white and grey 109,817 photos, 5,855 members
- Naturalight 26,720 photos, 1,502 members
- HuffPost Chicago 10,394 photos, 89 members
- Nikon FX D3/3s/3x/D4/D4s/D600/D610/D700/D750/D800/D800e/D810/Df 128,171 photos, 3,026 members
- Sony Alpha A7 38,361 photos, 912 members
- Sony A7's Only 7,209 photos, 303 members
- Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk 2014 20,971 photos, 3,601 members
- Chesterton Photo Walk 2014 78 photos, 14 members
- D750 Elite imagery 18,850 photos, 1,243 members
- NIKON D750 CLUB 190,489 photos, 8,062 members
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 506,104 photos, 9,053 members
- Filipino Lakwatsero 2014-2015 249 photos, 70 members
- Flickr Kansas City Metro 6,001 photos, 204 members
- Retro Philippines 2016 formerly The Philippines 2014-2015-2016 ( 2,165 photos, 142 members
- Sony 142,486 photos, 1,116 members
- Flickr for Apple TV 292 photos, 855 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 603,746 photos, 41,726 members
- in explore 652,327 photos, 58,546 members
- SONY A7 (ILCE-7) 176,551 photos, 5,061 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,003 photos, 13,506 members
- Master of photoshop 1,666 photos, 711 members
- animal photographs 13,795 photos, 209 members
- Every flower 1,994 photos, 95 members
- The Filipino Lakwatsero formerly Travel and Tourism in the Phils 5,782 photos, 301 members
- The Great Lakes (3/day) 24,199 photos, 2,032 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 92,622 photos, 7,141 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 410,360 photos, 105,693 members
- Kilted Life - A Celebration ! 18,853 photos, 2,437 members
- Chihuly Art 11,940 photos, 1,463 members
- Be My Flickr Valentine 229 photos, 244 members
- Flickr for iPhone 112,732 photos, 6,794 members
- Tamron SP AF200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) 4,307 photos, 247 members
- Pulaski County Indiana 72 photos, 15 members
"I love love love Flipped Out's photostream! It is one of the most diverse and interesting set of photos on Flickr. This is one of the places I visit for inspiration and some amazing shots of Chicago."
December 6th, 2008
Friendly American says:
"Frank Sinatra was known the world over as a "Man's man". The kind of man that other males of his time would aspire to imulate. In the same vein, Ken is a photographer's photographer. He is very kind and giving of his time and his talent and he is extemely humble even though he is extremely talented and beyond the skill and aptitude of mere mortals such as myself.
I witnessed a women that Ken knows running into him on a recent shoot and the excitement in which she introduced him to her family was that of a person introducing a distinguished professor that she held in the highest regard.
Ken, I'm going to be watching for the next opportunity to shoot with you, I suspect that there is still so much you can teach me."
August 26th, 2008
omar cruz says:
"I've met Mr. Ken just two days ago and I thought it would just be a normal eyeball but to my surprise it became an adhoc photography opportunity. He gave tips about photography and on post processing. Thank you sir! You're such a nice man, and it was a real pleasure to have met you. Hope to see you next time. Thanks again for the food and for the lessons.
Ken is truly an educator, one passionate photographer, and a genuine artist."
November 8th, 2007
"Ken is one of my very favorite flickr photographers! I LOVE the pictures he takes of Chicago. I always look for his new pics on my photostream to see what awesome picture he has captured on the magical camera of his!"
April 2nd, 2007
"Your photos are incredible. What an artist. I have really enjoyed viewing them!"
December 18th, 2006
Liz O Hamm says:
"I get such a kick out of your snaps of the Philippine tarsier! Thank you so much for sharing. You are one of my favorite profiles to visit. Keep 'em coming!! ~liz, Los Angeles"
August 8th, 2006
"I can't even begin to describe Ken in a testimonial. An outstanding photographer, a great personality and the willing to help others where needed. He inspires me to push the limits and always do my best. Thank you for all your support. = )"
July 28th, 2006
"Ken challenges both photography and photographers alike. He sees wondeful images in the most random places and for that eye I admire him. Yet, at the same time, he can take the obvious shots and make them unique and special!! Not to mention he's an all around kick-arse kind of guy!! (c:"
July 9th, 2006
"As someone who has aspirations for a future in Photography I have certainly been inspired by your work and comments. Trully one of the most impressive artist on Flickr."
June 28th, 2006
Rey Nocum says:
"If I'm a good photographer now, it's because of this person. The inspiration, teachings and his websites helped me a lot in my photography.
I was surprised to see his name in the contact list of a filipino photographer and when I examine the contact list of some photographers, I was even more surprised to seem his name included in their list too. He seem to be in everyone's contacts list.
I love his Bean series.
God bless you, Ken."
June 15th, 2006
"His Chicago photos are unparalleled for their beauty and in capturing the essence of the city. I consider myself lucky to have accidently stumbled upon his work and fortunate, all the same."
May 22nd, 2006
"I am honored to know Ken and have seen his photographs. I am inspired by his visions, EVERYDAY, when he posts! He has such a generous heart, sharing what he knows about photography, and sharing with us his gifts of beautiful, emotional, and FUN pictures!!! He's my "flickr hero" =)"
May 16th, 2006
"A consumate artiste at heart. Proud to be your friend."
April 27th, 2006
- Ken Ilio
- December 2005
- Malinao, Aklan, Philippines
- Chicago, IL, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- High School Teacher