Trying to become a professional photographer and make a living out of it.
I also blog at My Chicago Photowalks and Uncommon Photographers. Enjoy.
Snapshots with Ken Ilio - online interview by Noah Bulgaria at the Animal Kingdom pool.
- Barns 56,826 photos, 5,314 members
- Barns! Barns! Barns! 3,150 photos, 517 members
- TALLSHIPS2 2,346 photos, 348 members
- Zoo Animals. 32,167 photos, 1,502 members
- Zoos 57,673 photos, 3,062 members
- Zoo！！ 991 photos, 64 members
- Zoo Animals=] 7,410 photos, 429 members
- Marathons 24,696 photos, 695 members
- CurbedChgo 17,790 photos, 281 members
- Logan Square 3,204 photos, 232 members
- MOUNTAIN 96,467 photos, 9,406 members
- Cetacean Cousins Photo Library 714 photos, 35 members
- Sunsets over the City 94,644 photos, 13,995 members
- Cloudy Days 30,834 photos, 1,804 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,215 photos, 43,757 members
- Blind Photographers 10,541 photos, 404 members
- Chicago's Lakefront 709 photos, 43 members
- Churches and Temples of Chicago 1,917 photos, 99 members
- Napa Valley Living & Visiting 1,805 photos, 231 members
- Random Photos in Napa 1,708 photos, 109 members
- Flickr Friday 26,238 photos, 34,731 members
- Busking 2,393 photos, 271 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 18,814 photos, 1,114 members
- Skancheli (BlackandWhite Only) 71,245 photos, 5,905 members
- TIN MAN ♥ 281 photos, 35 members
- I AM NIKON :) 88,296 photos, 2,254 members
- Black white and grey 129,453 photos, 6,068 members
- Naturalight 26,737 photos, 1,500 members
- HuffPost Chicago 10,955 photos, 90 members
- Nikon FX D3/3s/3x/D4/D4s/D600/D610/D700/D750/D800/D800e/D810/Df 141,553 photos, 3,148 members
- Sony Alpha A7 43,002 photos, 962 members
- Sony A7's Only 9,436 photos, 322 members
- Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk 2014 21,061 photos, 3,584 members
- Chesterton Photo Walk 2014 78 photos, 13 members
- D750 Elite imagery 23,264 photos, 1,359 members
- NIKON D750 CLUB 231,084 photos, 8,885 members
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 602,853 photos, 9,731 members
- Filipino Lakwatsero 2014-2015 246 photos, 71 members
- Flickr Kansas City Metro 6,620 photos, 210 members
- Retro Philippines 2016 formerly The Philippines 2014-2015-2016 ( 2,233 photos, 145 members
- Sony 152,268 photos, 1,166 members
- Flickr for Apple TV 292 photos, 911 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 611,849 photos, 42,455 members
- in explore 708,649 photos, 62,816 members
- SONY A7 (ILCE-7) 190,410 photos, 5,241 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,952 photos, 13,417 members
- Master of photoshop 2,297 photos, 737 members
- animal photographs 15,042 photos, 230 members
- Every flower 2,165 photos, 96 members
- The Filipino Lakwatsero formerly Travel and Tourism in the Phils 6,115 photos, 306 members
"I love love love Flipped Out's photostream! It is one of the most diverse and interesting set of photos on Flickr. This is one of the places I visit for inspiration and some amazing shots of Chicago."
December 6th, 2008
Friendly American says:
"Frank Sinatra was known the world over as a "Man's man". The kind of man that other males of his time would aspire to imulate. In the same vein, Ken is a photographer's photographer. He is very kind and giving of his time and his talent and he is extemely humble even though he is extremely talented and beyond the skill and aptitude of mere mortals such as myself.
I witnessed a women that Ken knows running into him on a recent shoot and the excitement in which she introduced him to her family was that of a person introducing a distinguished professor that she held in the highest regard.
Ken, I'm going to be watching for the next opportunity to shoot with you, I suspect that there is still so much you can teach me."
August 26th, 2008
omar cruz says:
"I've met Mr. Ken just two days ago and I thought it would just be a normal eyeball but to my surprise it became an adhoc photography opportunity. He gave tips about photography and on post processing. Thank you sir! You're such a nice man, and it was a real pleasure to have met you. Hope to see you next time. Thanks again for the food and for the lessons.
Ken is truly an educator, one passionate photographer, and a genuine artist."
November 8th, 2007
"Ken is one of my very favorite flickr photographers! I LOVE the pictures he takes of Chicago. I always look for his new pics on my photostream to see what awesome picture he has captured on the magical camera of his!"
April 2nd, 2007
"Your photos are incredible. What an artist. I have really enjoyed viewing them!"
December 18th, 2006
Liz O Hamm says:
"I get such a kick out of your snaps of the Philippine tarsier! Thank you so much for sharing. You are one of my favorite profiles to visit. Keep 'em coming!! ~liz, Los Angeles"
August 8th, 2006
"I can't even begin to describe Ken in a testimonial. An outstanding photographer, a great personality and the willing to help others where needed. He inspires me to push the limits and always do my best. Thank you for all your support. = )"
July 28th, 2006
"Ken challenges both photography and photographers alike. He sees wondeful images in the most random places and for that eye I admire him. Yet, at the same time, he can take the obvious shots and make them unique and special!! Not to mention he's an all around kick-arse kind of guy!! (c:"
July 9th, 2006
"As someone who has aspirations for a future in Photography I have certainly been inspired by your work and comments. Trully one of the most impressive artist on Flickr."
June 28th, 2006
Rey Nocum says:
"If I'm a good photographer now, it's because of this person. The inspiration, teachings and his websites helped me a lot in my photography.
I was surprised to see his name in the contact list of a filipino photographer and when I examine the contact list of some photographers, I was even more surprised to seem his name included in their list too. He seem to be in everyone's contacts list.
I love his Bean series.
God bless you, Ken."
June 15th, 2006
"His Chicago photos are unparalleled for their beauty and in capturing the essence of the city. I consider myself lucky to have accidently stumbled upon his work and fortunate, all the same."
May 22nd, 2006
"I am honored to know Ken and have seen his photographs. I am inspired by his visions, EVERYDAY, when he posts! He has such a generous heart, sharing what he knows about photography, and sharing with us his gifts of beautiful, emotional, and FUN pictures!!! He's my "flickr hero" =)"
May 16th, 2006
"A consumate artiste at heart. Proud to be your friend."
April 27th, 2006
- Ken Ilio
- December 2005
- Malinao, Aklan, Philippines
- Chicago, IL, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- High School Teacher