Trying to become a professional photographer and make a living out of it.
I also blog at My Chicago Photowalks and Uncommon Photographers. Enjoy.
Snapshots with Ken Ilio - online interview by Noah Bulgaria at the Animal Kingdom pool.
- CurbedChgo 17,238 photos, 282 members
- Logan Square 3,161 photos, 232 members
- MOUNTAIN 85,241 photos, 8,668 members
- Cetacean Cousins Photo Library 705 photos, 33 members
- Sunsets over the City 90,395 photos, 13,473 members
- Cloudy Days 29,574 photos, 1,773 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,371 photos, 44,040 members
- Blind Photographers 10,419 photos, 396 members
- Chicago's Lakefront 689 photos, 43 members
- Churches and Temples of Chicago 1,810 photos, 98 members
- Napa Valley Living & Visiting 1,809 photos, 229 members
- Random Photos in Napa 1,694 photos, 108 members
- Flickr Friday 24,891 photos, 33,969 members
- Busking 2,393 photos, 270 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 18,579 photos, 1,106 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 68,562 photos, 5,610 members
- TIN MAN ♥ 280 photos, 34 members
- I AM NIKON :) 77,208 photos, 2,225 members
- Black white and grey 115,646 photos, 5,907 members
- Naturalight 26,749 photos, 1,501 members
- HuffPost Chicago 10,501 photos, 90 members
- Nikon FX D3/3s/3x/D4/D4s/D600/D610/D700/D750/D800/D800e/D810/Df 132,154 photos, 3,071 members
- Sony Alpha A7 39,884 photos, 922 members
- Sony A7's Only 7,990 photos, 308 members
- Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk 2014 21,004 photos, 3,592 members
- Chesterton Photo Walk 2014 78 photos, 14 members
- D750 Elite imagery 20,160 photos, 1,265 members
- NIKON D750 CLUB 202,516 photos, 8,271 members
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 534,127 photos, 9,229 members
- Filipino Lakwatsero 2014-2015 249 photos, 70 members
- Flickr Kansas City Metro 6,215 photos, 208 members
- Retro Philippines 2016 formerly The Philippines 2014-2015-2016 ( 2,187 photos, 143 members
- Sony 145,766 photos, 1,126 members
- Flickr for Apple TV 292 photos, 867 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 605,747 photos, 42,021 members
- in explore 669,169 photos, 59,686 members
- SONY A7 (ILCE-7) 180,775 photos, 5,108 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,985 photos, 13,479 members
- Master of photoshop 1,832 photos, 723 members
- animal photographs 14,178 photos, 218 members
- Every flower 2,076 photos, 95 members
- The Filipino Lakwatsero formerly Travel and Tourism in the Phils 5,860 photos, 301 members
- The Great Lakes (3/day) 24,478 photos, 2,043 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 94,620 photos, 7,178 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 410,049 photos, 105,651 members
- Kilted Life - A Celebration ! 18,801 photos, 2,438 members
- Chihuly Art 11,970 photos, 1,470 members
- Be My Flickr Valentine 228 photos, 243 members
- Flickr for iPhone 114,380 photos, 6,795 members
- Tamron SP AF200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) 4,356 photos, 251 members
"I love love love Flipped Out's photostream! It is one of the most diverse and interesting set of photos on Flickr. This is one of the places I visit for inspiration and some amazing shots of Chicago."
December 6th, 2008
Friendly American says:
"Frank Sinatra was known the world over as a "Man's man". The kind of man that other males of his time would aspire to imulate. In the same vein, Ken is a photographer's photographer. He is very kind and giving of his time and his talent and he is extemely humble even though he is extremely talented and beyond the skill and aptitude of mere mortals such as myself.
I witnessed a women that Ken knows running into him on a recent shoot and the excitement in which she introduced him to her family was that of a person introducing a distinguished professor that she held in the highest regard.
Ken, I'm going to be watching for the next opportunity to shoot with you, I suspect that there is still so much you can teach me."
August 26th, 2008
omar cruz says:
"I've met Mr. Ken just two days ago and I thought it would just be a normal eyeball but to my surprise it became an adhoc photography opportunity. He gave tips about photography and on post processing. Thank you sir! You're such a nice man, and it was a real pleasure to have met you. Hope to see you next time. Thanks again for the food and for the lessons.
Ken is truly an educator, one passionate photographer, and a genuine artist."
November 8th, 2007
"Ken is one of my very favorite flickr photographers! I LOVE the pictures he takes of Chicago. I always look for his new pics on my photostream to see what awesome picture he has captured on the magical camera of his!"
April 2nd, 2007
"Your photos are incredible. What an artist. I have really enjoyed viewing them!"
December 18th, 2006
Liz O Hamm says:
"I get such a kick out of your snaps of the Philippine tarsier! Thank you so much for sharing. You are one of my favorite profiles to visit. Keep 'em coming!! ~liz, Los Angeles"
August 8th, 2006
"I can't even begin to describe Ken in a testimonial. An outstanding photographer, a great personality and the willing to help others where needed. He inspires me to push the limits and always do my best. Thank you for all your support. = )"
July 28th, 2006
"Ken challenges both photography and photographers alike. He sees wondeful images in the most random places and for that eye I admire him. Yet, at the same time, he can take the obvious shots and make them unique and special!! Not to mention he's an all around kick-arse kind of guy!! (c:"
July 9th, 2006
"As someone who has aspirations for a future in Photography I have certainly been inspired by your work and comments. Trully one of the most impressive artist on Flickr."
June 28th, 2006
Rey Nocum says:
"If I'm a good photographer now, it's because of this person. The inspiration, teachings and his websites helped me a lot in my photography.
I was surprised to see his name in the contact list of a filipino photographer and when I examine the contact list of some photographers, I was even more surprised to seem his name included in their list too. He seem to be in everyone's contacts list.
I love his Bean series.
God bless you, Ken."
June 15th, 2006
"His Chicago photos are unparalleled for their beauty and in capturing the essence of the city. I consider myself lucky to have accidently stumbled upon his work and fortunate, all the same."
May 22nd, 2006
"I am honored to know Ken and have seen his photographs. I am inspired by his visions, EVERYDAY, when he posts! He has such a generous heart, sharing what he knows about photography, and sharing with us his gifts of beautiful, emotional, and FUN pictures!!! He's my "flickr hero" =)"
May 16th, 2006
"A consumate artiste at heart. Proud to be your friend."
April 27th, 2006
- Ken Ilio
- December 2005
- Malinao, Aklan, Philippines
- Chicago, IL, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- High School Teacher