Trying to become a professional photographer and make a living out of it. Recently became employed after three years of being a part of the 15 M unemployed.
I also blog at My Chicago Photowalks, and at Manong Ken's Carinderia, a Filipino food blog. Enjoy.
Snapshots with Ken Ilio - online interview by Noah Bulgaria at the Animal Kingdom pool.
- Blind Photographers 9,995 photos, 391 members
- Chicago's Lakefront 599 photos, 41 members
- Churches and Temples of Chicago 1,666 photos, 95 members
- Napa Valley Living & Visiting 1,722 photos, 213 members
- Random Photos in Napa 1,577 photos, 100 members
- Flickr Friday 19,733 photos, 29,750 members
- Busking 2,237 photos, 252 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 16,097 photos, 1,056 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 55,531 photos, 4,616 members
- TIN MAN ♥ 273 photos, 34 members
- I AM NIKON :) 29,579 photos, 1,974 members
- Black white and grey 50,507 photos, 4,936 members
- Naturalight 26,423 photos, 1,510 members
- HuffPost Chicago 8,626 photos, 82 members
- Nikon FX D3/3s/3x/D4/D4s/D600/D610/D700/D750/D800/D800e/D810/Df 90,446 photos, 2,569 members
- Sony Alpha A7 24,324 photos, 681 members
- Sony A7's Only 3,519 photos, 202 members
- Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk 2014 20,411 photos, 3,634 members
- Chesterton Photo Walk 2014 84 photos, 15 members
- D750 Elite imagery 10,220 photos, 863 members
- NIKON D750 CLUB 89,734 photos, 5,178 members
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 279,733 photos, 7,132 members
- Filipino Lakwatsero 2014-2015 236 photos, 67 members
- Flickr Kansas City Metro 4,905 photos, 169 members
- The Philippines 2014-2015-2016 (It's More Fun) 1,267 photos, 130 members
- Sony 115,742 photos, 940 members
- Flickr for Apple TV 294 photos, 658 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 538,146 photos, 36,983 members
- in explore 494,751 photos, 45,556 members
- SONY A7 (ILCE-7) 128,260 photos, 4,149 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,047 photos, 13,800 members
- Master of photoshop 1,171 photos, 659 members
- animal photographs 10,630 photos, 162 members
- Every flower 1,388 photos, 80 members
- The Filipino Lakwatsero formerly Travel and Tourism in the Phils 4,262 photos, 282 members
- The Great Lakes (3/day) 22,558 photos, 1,967 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 73,151 photos, 6,594 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 414,100 photos, 105,930 members
- Kilted Life - A Celebration ! 17,893 photos, 2,380 members
- Chihuly Art 11,729 photos, 1,445 members
- Be My Flickr Valentine 233 photos, 241 members
- Flickr for iPhone 97,100 photos, 6,603 members
- Tamron SP AF200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) 3,777 photos, 236 members
- Pulaski County Indiana 65 photos, 15 members
- 12-12-2012 385 photos, 352 members
- Chicago's Architectural Ornamentation 2,447 photos, 74 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,894 photos, 6,550 members
- Lincoln Sightings 520 photos, 174 members
- Lincoln Sites 1,229 photos, 156 members
- Look through my Lens 722 photos, 62 members
"I love love love Flipped Out's photostream! It is one of the most diverse and interesting set of photos on Flickr. This is one of the places I visit for inspiration and some amazing shots of Chicago."
December 6th, 2008
Friendly American says:
"Frank Sinatra was known the world over as a "Man's man". The kind of man that other males of his time would aspire to imulate. In the same vein, Ken is a photographer's photographer. He is very kind and giving of his time and his talent and he is extemely humble even though he is extremely talented and beyond the skill and aptitude of mere mortals such as myself.
I witnessed a women that Ken knows running into him on a recent shoot and the excitement in which she introduced him to her family was that of a person introducing a distinguished professor that she held in the highest regard.
Ken, I'm going to be watching for the next opportunity to shoot with you, I suspect that there is still so much you can teach me."
August 26th, 2008
omar cruz says:
"I've met Mr. Ken just two days ago and I thought it would just be a normal eyeball but to my surprise it became an adhoc photography opportunity. He gave tips about photography and on post processing. Thank you sir! You're such a nice man, and it was a real pleasure to have met you. Hope to see you next time. Thanks again for the food and for the lessons.
Ken is truly an educator, one passionate photographer, and a genuine artist."
November 8th, 2007
"Ken is one of my very favorite flickr photographers! I LOVE the pictures he takes of Chicago. I always look for his new pics on my photostream to see what awesome picture he has captured on the magical camera of his!"
April 2nd, 2007
"Your photos are incredible. What an artist. I have really enjoyed viewing them!"
December 18th, 2006
Liz O Hamm says:
"I get such a kick out of your snaps of the Philippine tarsier! Thank you so much for sharing. You are one of my favorite profiles to visit. Keep 'em coming!! ~liz, Los Angeles"
August 8th, 2006
"I can't even begin to describe Ken in a testimonial. An outstanding photographer, a great personality and the willing to help others where needed. He inspires me to push the limits and always do my best. Thank you for all your support. = )"
July 28th, 2006
"Ken challenges both photography and photographers alike. He sees wondeful images in the most random places and for that eye I admire him. Yet, at the same time, he can take the obvious shots and make them unique and special!! Not to mention he's an all around kick-arse kind of guy!! (c:"
July 9th, 2006
"As someone who has aspirations for a future in Photography I have certainly been inspired by your work and comments. Trully one of the most impressive artist on Flickr."
June 28th, 2006
Rey Nocum says:
"If I'm a good photographer now, it's because of this person. The inspiration, teachings and his websites helped me a lot in my photography.
I was surprised to see his name in the contact list of a filipino photographer and when I examine the contact list of some photographers, I was even more surprised to seem his name included in their list too. He seem to be in everyone's contacts list.
I love his Bean series.
God bless you, Ken."
June 15th, 2006
"His Chicago photos are unparalleled for their beauty and in capturing the essence of the city. I consider myself lucky to have accidently stumbled upon his work and fortunate, all the same."
May 22nd, 2006
"I am honored to know Ken and have seen his photographs. I am inspired by his visions, EVERYDAY, when he posts! He has such a generous heart, sharing what he knows about photography, and sharing with us his gifts of beautiful, emotional, and FUN pictures!!! He's my "flickr hero" =)"
May 16th, 2006
"A consumate artiste at heart. Proud to be your friend."
April 27th, 2006
- Ken Ilio
- December 2005
- Malinao, Aklan, Philippines
- Chicago, IL, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- High School Teacher
- Ken Ilio Photography