Trying to become a professional photographer and make a living out of it.
I also blog at My Chicago Photowalks and Uncommon Photographers. Enjoy.
Snapshots with Ken Ilio - online interview by Noah Bulgaria at the Animal Kingdom pool.
- Barns 57,265 photos, 5,353 members
- Barns! Barns! Barns! 3,348 photos, 543 members
- TALLSHIPS2 2,516 photos, 357 members
- Zoo Animals. 33,027 photos, 1,518 members
- Zoos 59,566 photos, 3,117 members
- Zoo！！ 1,064 photos, 69 members
- Zoo Animals=] 7,877 photos, 447 members
- Marathons 24,656 photos, 693 members
- CurbedChgo 18,044 photos, 281 members
- Logan Square 3,224 photos, 232 members
- MOUNTAIN 103,895 photos, 10,013 members
- Cetacean Cousins Photo Library 724 photos, 35 members
- Sunsets over the City 98,173 photos, 14,352 members
- Cloudy Days 31,574 photos, 1,821 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,104 photos, 43,542 members
- Blind Photographers 10,657 photos, 403 members
- Chicago's Lakefront 713 photos, 44 members
- Churches and Temples of Chicago 1,889 photos, 100 members
- Napa Valley Living & Visiting 1,814 photos, 229 members
- Random Photos in Napa 1,717 photos, 109 members
- Flickr Friday 27,164 photos, 35,391 members
- Busking 2,419 photos, 277 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 19,062 photos, 1,115 members
- Skancheli (BlackandWhite Only) 73,823 photos, 6,161 members
- TIN MAN ♥ 281 photos, 35 members
- I AM NIKON :) 95,820 photos, 2,281 members
- Black white and grey 138,954 photos, 6,207 members
- Naturalight 26,922 photos, 1,498 members
- HuffPost Chicago 11,155 photos, 91 members
- Nikon FX D3/3s/3x/4/4s/5/600/610/700/750/800/800e/810/Df 147,212 photos, 3,206 members
- Sony Alpha A7 44,827 photos, 986 members
- Sony A7's Only 10,421 photos, 332 members
- Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk 2014 20,973 photos, 3,564 members
- Chesterton Photo Walk 2014 78 photos, 13 members
- D750 Elite imagery 25,675 photos, 1,445 members
- NIKON D750 CLUB 247,848 photos, 9,382 members
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 647,654 photos, 10,138 members
- Filipino Lakwatsero 2014-2015 246 photos, 71 members
- Flickr Kansas City Metro 6,818 photos, 218 members
- Retro Philippines 2016 formerly The Philippines 2014-2015-2016 ( 2,291 photos, 148 members
- Sony 155,277 photos, 1,189 members
- Flickr for Apple TV 292 photos, 938 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 614,271 photos, 42,954 members
- in explore 736,472 photos, 65,305 members
- SONY A7 (ILCE-7) 196,332 photos, 5,346 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,916 photos, 13,341 members
- Master of photoshop 2,538 photos, 747 members
- animal photographs 15,617 photos, 236 members
- Every flower 2,201 photos, 94 members
- The Filipino Lakwatsero formerly Travel and Tourism in the Phils 6,249 photos, 308 members
"I love love love Flipped Out's photostream! It is one of the most diverse and interesting set of photos on Flickr. This is one of the places I visit for inspiration and some amazing shots of Chicago."
December 6th, 2008
Friendly American says:
"Frank Sinatra was known the world over as a "Man's man". The kind of man that other males of his time would aspire to imulate. In the same vein, Ken is a photographer's photographer. He is very kind and giving of his time and his talent and he is extemely humble even though he is extremely talented and beyond the skill and aptitude of mere mortals such as myself.
I witnessed a women that Ken knows running into him on a recent shoot and the excitement in which she introduced him to her family was that of a person introducing a distinguished professor that she held in the highest regard.
Ken, I'm going to be watching for the next opportunity to shoot with you, I suspect that there is still so much you can teach me."
August 26th, 2008
omar cruz says:
"I've met Mr. Ken just two days ago and I thought it would just be a normal eyeball but to my surprise it became an adhoc photography opportunity. He gave tips about photography and on post processing. Thank you sir! You're such a nice man, and it was a real pleasure to have met you. Hope to see you next time. Thanks again for the food and for the lessons.
Ken is truly an educator, one passionate photographer, and a genuine artist."
November 8th, 2007
"Ken is one of my very favorite flickr photographers! I LOVE the pictures he takes of Chicago. I always look for his new pics on my photostream to see what awesome picture he has captured on the magical camera of his!"
April 2nd, 2007
"Your photos are incredible. What an artist. I have really enjoyed viewing them!"
December 18th, 2006
Liz O Hamm says:
"I get such a kick out of your snaps of the Philippine tarsier! Thank you so much for sharing. You are one of my favorite profiles to visit. Keep 'em coming!! ~liz, Los Angeles"
August 8th, 2006
"I can't even begin to describe Ken in a testimonial. An outstanding photographer, a great personality and the willing to help others where needed. He inspires me to push the limits and always do my best. Thank you for all your support. = )"
July 28th, 2006
"Ken challenges both photography and photographers alike. He sees wondeful images in the most random places and for that eye I admire him. Yet, at the same time, he can take the obvious shots and make them unique and special!! Not to mention he's an all around kick-arse kind of guy!! (c:"
July 9th, 2006
"As someone who has aspirations for a future in Photography I have certainly been inspired by your work and comments. Trully one of the most impressive artist on Flickr."
June 28th, 2006
Rey Nocum says:
"If I'm a good photographer now, it's because of this person. The inspiration, teachings and his websites helped me a lot in my photography.
I was surprised to see his name in the contact list of a filipino photographer and when I examine the contact list of some photographers, I was even more surprised to seem his name included in their list too. He seem to be in everyone's contacts list.
I love his Bean series.
God bless you, Ken."
June 15th, 2006
"His Chicago photos are unparalleled for their beauty and in capturing the essence of the city. I consider myself lucky to have accidently stumbled upon his work and fortunate, all the same."
May 22nd, 2006
"I am honored to know Ken and have seen his photographs. I am inspired by his visions, EVERYDAY, when he posts! He has such a generous heart, sharing what he knows about photography, and sharing with us his gifts of beautiful, emotional, and FUN pictures!!! He's my "flickr hero" =)"
May 16th, 2006
"A consumate artiste at heart. Proud to be your friend."
April 27th, 2006
- Ken Ilio
- December 2005
- Malinao, Aklan, Philippines
- Chicago, IL, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- High School Teacher