"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, Uphere Magazine, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: email@example.com
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- ~The Magic of Colours~ Elite 1,462 photos, 2,509 members
- A NATIONAL PARK 15,650 photos, 1,180 members
- ~The Magic of Colours~ 7,606 photos, 3,753 members
- INVITATION - POOL 30,170 photos, 2,976 members
- Stunning wildlife 5,831 photos, 84 members
- Birds of the Canadian Territories 126 photos, 9 members
- Red and Green / Farben Rot und Grün 2,377 photos, 265 members
- Ancient Forests - The Biodiversity Group 1,751 photos, 93 members
- SÓLO AMANECER-ATARDECER 64,198 photos, 4,530 members
- Master of photoshop 2,751 photos, 751 members
- See & Be Seen (Only on Invitation!) 18,817 photos, 3,124 members
- Yukon Birds 12 photos, 4 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 413 photos, 38 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 99,794 photos, 4,683 members
- La Mirada del Otro 4,324 photos, 169 members
- All kind of Landscapes 331,046 photos, 17,656 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 31,639 photos, 19,231 members
- Travel Yukon 1,452 photos, 67 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery... 49,627 photos, 3,984 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 4,953 photos, 81 members
- GREAT PANOS 55,153 photos, 3,621 members
- MOUNTAIN 108,299 photos, 10,286 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 75,773 photos, 4,035 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) [Closed] 13,413 photos, 3,711 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 59,953 photos, 2,983 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 27,609 photos, 907 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 63,616 photos, 6,427 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 38,047 photos, 4,752 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 450,447 photos, 13,792 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 35,620 photos, 3,339 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,937 photos, 26,029 members
- Gods Natural World 486 photos, 18 members
- Close up Animals 48,231 photos, 1,620 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 4,825 photos, 87 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 753 photos, 1,350 members
- Project Weather 640,363 photos, 94,114 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (invitation only) 10,841 photos, 679 members
- The Ionosphere 556 photos, 42 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 18,244 photos, 2,265 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,262 photos, 214 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,510 photos, 158 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 12,000 photos, 311 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 28,013 photos, 2,333 members
- Art in Black and White 408,782 photos, 15,596 members
- 54 Degrees and More 1,205 photos, 19 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 196 photos, 1,213 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 53,139 photos, 7,431 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 13,748 photos, 654 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 12,801 photos, 2,111 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 26,842 photos, 5,318 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer