"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, Uphere Magazine, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: email@example.com
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- ~The Magic of Colours~ Elite 1,458 photos, 2,580 members
- A NATIONAL PARK 27,940 photos, 1,415 members
- ~The Magic of Colours~ 13,357 photos, 4,139 members
- INVITATION - POOL 48,322 photos, 3,150 members
- Stunning wildlife 9,573 photos, 100 members
- Birds of the Canadian Territories 177 photos, 10 members
- Red and Green / Farben Rot und Grün 2,931 photos, 264 members
- Ancient Forests - The Biodiversity Group 2,334 photos, 97 members
- SÓLO AMANECER-ATARDECER 63,861 photos, 4,596 members
- Master of photoshop 4,488 photos, 773 members
- See & Be Seen (Only on Invitation!) 19,366 photos, 3,234 members
- Yukon Birds 12 photos, 4 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 412 photos, 37 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 115,415 photos, 4,790 members
- La Mirada del Otro 4,817 photos, 172 members
- All kind of Landscapes 440,267 photos, 20,557 members
- Travel Yukon 1,873 photos, 75 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 5,442 photos, 85 members
- GREAT PANOS 66,795 photos, 3,706 members
- MOUNTAIN 148,685 photos, 12,109 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 95,580 photos, 4,786 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) !!TOTALLY CLOSED!! . 13,125 photos, 3,618 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 74,904 photos, 3,223 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 34,836 photos, 988 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 70,228 photos, 6,899 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 41,998 photos, 5,063 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 495,922 photos, 14,619 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 39,524 photos, 3,531 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 2,318 photos, 26,277 members
- Gods Natural World 607 photos, 20 members
- Close up Animals 59,910 photos, 1,600 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 5,823 photos, 94 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 760 photos, 1,388 members
- Project Weather 635,103 photos, 94,022 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (invitation only) 11,729 photos, 697 members
- The Ionosphere 567 photos, 42 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 19,418 photos, 2,715 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,253 photos, 224 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,501 photos, 156 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 13,032 photos, 319 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 30,594 photos, 2,543 members
- Art in Black and White 460,568 photos, 16,247 members
- 54 Degrees and More 1,647 photos, 20 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 195 photos, 1,223 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 60,523 photos, 7,880 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 15,868 photos, 654 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 14,452 photos, 2,311 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 28,863 photos, 5,576 members
- Our Planet at Night 18,829 photos, 1,905 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 34,773 photos, 1,916 members
Martin Fischhaber says:
"Keith pictures are wonderful and advisedly selected.
His motives give a fascinating view into the Yukon National Park with its natural beauties.
Keith view of the motives and his photographic skills are reflected in his images, amazing landscapes of the Yukon Territory and excellent birds pictures ... it is a pleasure to look at his pictures.
I am very happy to have Keith as a contact on Flickr ...
(sorry for my bumpy english)
January 4th, 2014
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer