"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, Uphere Magazine, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: firstname.lastname@example.org
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- ~The Magic of Colours~ Elite 1,462 photos, 2,567 members
- A NATIONAL PARK 23,723 photos, 1,358 members
- ~The Magic of Colours~ 9,363 photos, 4,043 members
- INVITATION - POOL 42,362 photos, 3,110 members
- Stunning wildlife 8,473 photos, 97 members
- Birds of the Canadian Territories 177 photos, 10 members
- Red and Green / Farben Rot und Grün 2,741 photos, 269 members
- Ancient Forests - The Biodiversity Group 2,180 photos, 97 members
- SÓLO AMANECER-ATARDECER 64,031 photos, 4,578 members
- Master of photoshop 3,878 photos, 771 members
- See & Be Seen (Only on Invitation!) 19,453 photos, 3,227 members
- Yukon Birds 12 photos, 4 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 413 photos, 37 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 109,795 photos, 4,750 members
- La Mirada del Otro 4,629 photos, 172 members
- All kind of Landscapes 398,948 photos, 19,565 members
- Travel Yukon 1,669 photos, 71 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 5,360 photos, 85 members
- GREAT PANOS 62,817 photos, 3,687 members
- MOUNTAIN 133,426 photos, 11,524 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 88,712 photos, 4,526 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) !!TOTALLY CLOSED!! . 13,208 photos, 3,649 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 70,182 photos, 3,175 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 32,712 photos, 965 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 68,224 photos, 6,755 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 40,779 photos, 4,971 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 481,681 photos, 14,401 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 38,308 photos, 3,478 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 2,323 photos, 26,230 members
- Gods Natural World 622 photos, 20 members
- Close up Animals 56,195 photos, 1,619 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 5,497 photos, 92 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 758 photos, 1,377 members
- Project Weather 637,887 photos, 94,212 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (invitation only) 11,389 photos, 691 members
- The Ionosphere 558 photos, 42 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 18,928 photos, 2,553 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,256 photos, 226 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,505 photos, 157 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 12,720 photos, 319 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 29,488 photos, 2,458 members
- Art in Black and White 443,007 photos, 16,097 members
- 54 Degrees and More 1,427 photos, 19 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 196 photos, 1,219 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 57,929 photos, 7,754 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 15,130 photos, 654 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 13,613 photos, 2,229 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 28,076 photos, 5,466 members
- Our Planet at Night 17,113 photos, 1,791 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 33,705 photos, 1,898 members
Martin Fischhaber says:
"Keith pictures are wonderful and advisedly selected.
His motives give a fascinating view into the Yukon National Park with its natural beauties.
Keith view of the motives and his photographic skills are reflected in his images, amazing landscapes of the Yukon Territory and excellent birds pictures ... it is a pleasure to look at his pictures.
I am very happy to have Keith as a contact on Flickr ...
(sorry for my bumpy english)
January 4th, 2014
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer