"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, Uphere Magazine, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: firstname.lastname@example.org
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- ~The Magic of Colours~ Elite 1,433 photos, 2,549 members
- A NATIONAL PARK 44,140 photos, 1,523 members
- ~The Magic of Colours~ (*Only on Invitation!*) 18,515 photos, 4,615 members
- INVITATION - POOL 56,394 photos, 3,207 members
- Stunning wildlife 10,707 photos, 104 members
- Birds of the Canadian Territories 170 photos, 9 members
- Red and Green / Farben Rot und Grün 3,139 photos, 245 members
- Ancient Forests - The Biodiversity Group 2,547 photos, 104 members
- SÓLO AMANECER-ATARDECER 62,011 photos, 4,577 members
- Master of photoshop 5,586 photos, 776 members
- See & Be Seen (Only on Invitation!) 19,682 photos, 3,423 members
- Yukon Birds 12 photos, 4 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 401 photos, 39 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 128,393 photos, 4,780 members
- La Mirada del Otro 4,948 photos, 170 members
- All kind of Landscapes 520,972 photos, 22,982 members
- Travel Yukon 2,312 photos, 87 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 5,407 photos, 82 members
- GREAT PANOS 75,154 photos, 3,750 members
- MOUNTAIN 190,194 photos, 13,138 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 111,556 photos, 5,400 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) !!TOTALLY CLOSED!! . 12,717 photos, 3,485 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 82,558 photos, 3,441 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 37,653 photos, 1,062 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 75,751 photos, 7,292 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 42,809 photos, 5,338 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 511,651 photos, 15,200 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 43,003 photos, 3,683 members
- Nature HQ 5,434 photos, 26,310 members
- Gods Natural World 543 photos, 19 members
- Close up Animals 66,013 photos, 1,581 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 7,359 photos, 109 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 754 photos, 1,412 members
- Project Weather 615,785 photos, 92,730 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (invitation only) 12,781 photos, 701 members
- The Ionosphere 567 photos, 43 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 21,071 photos, 3,173 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,224 photos, 223 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,483 photos, 152 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 14,012 photos, 323 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 30,145 photos, 2,527 members
- Art in Black and White 487,505 photos, 16,589 members
- 54 Degrees and More 1,877 photos, 20 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 194 photos, 1,236 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 65,620 photos, 8,201 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 16,573 photos, 640 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 15,788 photos, 2,513 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 30,460 photos, 5,808 members
- Our Planet at Night 21,781 photos, 2,184 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 36,017 photos, 1,916 members
dom paulus says:
"I LOVE all your pictures... Excuse-me for my English but I come from Belgium and I speak french.
I visited Yukon last year with my husband and we fall in love with your territory, we hope to return one day..."
December 16th, 2018
Jose A Amado Hidalgo says:
"Una galeria Fantastica. Un saludo"
January 4th, 2019
"Keith's photos are some of the best nature photography on Flicker.
A pleasure to view!
Thank you for sharing your work."
May 27th, 2018
Martin Fischhaber says:
"Keith pictures are wonderful and advisedly selected.
His motives give a fascinating view into the Yukon National Park with its natural beauties.
Keith view of the motives and his photographic skills are reflected in his images, amazing landscapes of the Yukon Territory and excellent birds pictures ... it is a pleasure to look at his pictures.
I am very happy to have Keith as a contact on Flickr ...
(sorry for my bumpy english)
January 4th, 2014
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer