"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, Uphere Magazine, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: email@example.com
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- ~The Magic of Colours~ Elite 1,467 photos, 2,554 members
- A NATIONAL PARK 19,988 photos, 1,312 members
- ~The Magic of Colours~ 7,890 photos, 3,943 members
- INVITATION - POOL 36,214 photos, 3,048 members
- Stunning wildlife 7,420 photos, 89 members
- Birds of the Canadian Territories 126 photos, 9 members
- Red and Green / Farben Rot und Grün 2,566 photos, 266 members
- Ancient Forests - The Biodiversity Group 2,018 photos, 95 members
- SÓLO AMANECER-ATARDECER 64,062 photos, 4,552 members
- Master of photoshop 3,303 photos, 765 members
- See & Be Seen (Only on Invitation!) 19,432 photos, 3,207 members
- Yukon Birds 12 photos, 4 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 413 photos, 38 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 104,885 photos, 4,716 members
- La Mirada del Otro 4,492 photos, 172 members
- All kind of Landscapes 365,059 photos, 18,645 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 32,831 photos, 20,581 members
- Travel Yukon 1,515 photos, 69 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 5,176 photos, 85 members
- GREAT PANOS 58,984 photos, 3,648 members
- MOUNTAIN 120,581 photos, 11,058 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 82,189 photos, 4,263 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) !!TOTALLY CLOSED!! . 13,254 photos, 3,676 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 65,563 photos, 3,095 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 30,266 photos, 934 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 66,088 photos, 6,612 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 39,429 photos, 4,870 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 467,195 photos, 14,129 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 36,884 photos, 3,419 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 2,339 photos, 26,134 members
- Gods Natural World 582 photos, 20 members
- Close up Animals 52,544 photos, 1,620 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 5,098 photos, 89 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 758 photos, 1,369 members
- Project Weather 639,050 photos, 94,172 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (invitation only) 11,057 photos, 686 members
- The Ionosphere 558 photos, 42 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 18,779 photos, 2,417 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,260 photos, 221 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,507 photos, 157 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 12,527 photos, 318 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 28,901 photos, 2,403 members
- Art in Black and White 426,042 photos, 15,884 members
- 54 Degrees and More 1,370 photos, 19 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 196 photos, 1,218 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 55,481 photos, 7,566 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 14,448 photos, 653 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 13,465 photos, 2,199 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 27,755 photos, 5,429 members
- Our Planet at Night 15,819 photos, 1,680 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer