"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, Uphere Magazine, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: email@example.com
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- ~The Magic of Colours~ Elite 1,360 photos, 2,416 members
- A NATIONAL PARK 11,379 photos, 1,122 members
- ~The Magic of Colours~ 7,108 photos, 3,507 members
- INVITATION - POOL 23,519 photos, 2,886 members
- Stunning wildlife 4,413 photos, 71 members
- Birds of the Canadian Territories 102 photos, 9 members
- Red and Green / Farben Rot und Grün 2,200 photos, 264 members
- Ancient Forests - The Biodiversity Group 1,545 photos, 87 members
- SÓLO AMANECER-ATARDECER 64,378 photos, 4,502 members
- Master of photoshop 2,298 photos, 737 members
- See & Be Seen (Only on Invitation!) 17,521 photos, 3,003 members
- Yukon Birds 12 photos, 4 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 422 photos, 38 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 94,239 photos, 4,642 members
- La Mirada del Otro 4,135 photos, 169 members
- All kind of Landscapes 297,189 photos, 16,666 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 30,382 photos, 17,657 members
- Travel Yukon 1,385 photos, 64 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery....Please comment :) 44,575 photos, 3,657 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 4,898 photos, 81 members
- GREAT PANOS 51,326 photos, 3,587 members
- MOUNTAIN 96,471 photos, 9,408 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 69,650 photos, 3,756 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) [Closed] 13,440 photos, 3,749 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 55,533 photos, 2,871 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 25,713 photos, 859 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 61,661 photos, 6,209 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 36,453 photos, 4,601 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 433,823 photos, 13,487 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 34,201 photos, 3,260 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,937 photos, 25,985 members
- Gods Natural World 435 photos, 16 members
- Close-ups of Animals 44,278 photos, 1,568 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 4,582 photos, 86 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 754 photos, 1,341 members
- Project Weather 641,699 photos, 94,038 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (invitation only) 10,655 photos, 675 members
- The Ionosphere 536 photos, 42 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 17,724 photos, 2,104 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,262 photos, 209 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,511 photos, 160 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 11,535 photos, 308 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 27,228 photos, 2,283 members
- Art in Black and White 389,335 photos, 15,261 members
- 54 Degrees and More 993 photos, 19 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 196 photos, 1,206 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 51,109 photos, 7,283 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 13,364 photos, 654 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 12,460 photos, 2,045 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 26,296 photos, 5,241 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer