"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: email@example.com
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- Colors red+green/Farben Rot+Grün 840 photos, 223 members
- Ancient Forests - The Biodiversity Group 715 photos, 50 members
- SÓLO AMANECER-ATARDECER 65,243 photos, 4,375 members
- Master of photoshop 1,171 photos, 659 members
- See & Be Seen 9,949 photos, 1,877 members
- Yukon Birds 11 photos, 4 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 424 photos, 37 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 69,265 photos, 4,471 members
- La Mirada del Otro 2,430 photos, 161 members
- All kind of Landscapes 175,355 photos, 13,297 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 20,825 photos, 12,445 members
- Travel Yukon 969 photos, 57 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery... 26,906 photos, 2,550 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 4,101 photos, 83 members
- GREAT PANOS 33,881 photos, 3,324 members
- A Forest 42,463 photos, 4,232 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 41,342 photos, 2,539 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) 13,692 photos, 3,915 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 30,933 photos, 2,276 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 13,169 photos, 650 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 50,623 photos, 5,114 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 28,726 photos, 3,757 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 342,121 photos, 12,090 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 27,494 photos, 2,854 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,889 photos, 24,861 members
- Gods Natural World 402 photos, 16 members
- Close-ups of Animals 28,866 photos, 1,389 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 2,926 photos, 69 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 723 photos, 1,245 members
- Project Weather 634,879 photos, 90,721 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (by Admin Invitation) 9,371 photos, 621 members
- The Ionosphere 502 photos, 44 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 14,078 photos, 1,191 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,248 photos, 180 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,546 photos, 164 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 9,369 photos, 279 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 24,103 photos, 2,017 members
- Art in Black and White 304,155 photos, 13,744 members
- 54 Degrees and More 452 photos, 18 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 198 photos, 1,133 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 40,162 photos, 6,359 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 11,408 photos, 640 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 9,670 photos, 1,547 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 22,448 photos, 4,683 members
- Our Planet at Night 8,134 photos, 963 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 29,208 photos, 1,804 members
- Solo nocturnas - Night shots 9,486 photos, 642 members
- The World at Night 7,572 photos, 618 members
- The charm of the night - Magic night photos - Foto della notte - 2,997 photos, 121 members
- unusual sky 9,033 photos, 652 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer