"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: firstname.lastname@example.org
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
I inherited my creative side from my mother who was a water-colour and acrylic artist, as well as an actress trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London. Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- Yukon Birds 4 photos, 3 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 125 photos, 20 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 43,821 photos, 3,991 members
- La Mirada del Otro 983 photos, 150 members
- All kind of Landscapes 58,189 photos, 9,536 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 13,110 photos, 8,667 members
- Travel Yukon 743 photos, 43 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery... 17,767 photos, 1,743 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 3,592 photos, 86 members
- GREAT PANOS 21,687 photos, 3,058 members
- C is for... 17,866 photos, 2,222 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 20,442 photos, 1,605 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) 10,496 photos, 2,976 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 15,080 photos, 1,626 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 5,640 photos, 406 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 40,421 photos, 4,311 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 22,548 photos, 3,155 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 264,327 photos, 10,846 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 22,662 photos, 2,458 members
- Stunning Nature, 1,817 photos, 17,723 members
- Gods Natural World 374 photos, 17 members
- Close-ups of Animals 19,165 photos, 1,264 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 2,141 photos, 50 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 685 photos, 1,142 members
- Project Weather 445,315 photos, 75,946 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (by Admin Invitation) 8,209 photos, 580 members
- The Ionosphere 461 photos, 46 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 13,865 photos, 446 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,218 photos, 157 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,591 photos, 168 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 7,730 photos, 259 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 22,084 photos, 1,792 members
- Art in Black and White 244,821 photos, 12,111 members
- 54 Degrees and More 139 photos, 14 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 223 photos, 1,024 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 32,666 photos, 5,441 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 9,917 photos, 628 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 7,401 photos, 1,211 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 19,394 photos, 4,232 members
- Our Planet at Night 4,786 photos, 584 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 26,885 photos, 1,743 members
- Solo nocturnas - Night shots 8,444 photos, 551 members
- The World at Night 5,448 photos, 458 members
- The charm of the night - Magic night photos - Foto della notte - 2,905 photos, 112 members
- unusual sky 7,529 photos, 609 members
- The colors of the sky 10,249 photos, 878 members
- Night Images 1,032,748 photos, 136,461 members
- Top 20 Northern Lights 21 photos, 730 members
- TOP SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wild birds ........ 4,859 photos, 433 members
- Nikon D7000 Astrophotography 2,676 photos, 444 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer