"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: firstname.lastname@example.org
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- Master of photoshop 1,154 photos, 645 members
- See & Be Seen 7,815 photos, 1,633 members
- Yukon Birds 10 photos, 4 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 432 photos, 36 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 64,830 photos, 4,431 members
- La Mirada del Otro 2,138 photos, 162 members
- All kind of Landscapes 153,234 photos, 12,651 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 18,517 photos, 11,615 members
- Travel Yukon 882 photos, 54 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery... 24,743 photos, 2,383 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 4,070 photos, 83 members
- GREAT PANOS 31,118 photos, 3,275 members
- C is for...CASTLES 39,288 photos, 4,015 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 36,667 photos, 2,371 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) 12,869 photos, 3,702 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 27,818 photos, 2,180 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 11,699 photos, 612 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 48,595 photos, 4,955 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 27,480 photos, 3,652 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 325,298 photos, 11,871 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 26,481 photos, 2,801 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,885 photos, 24,563 members
- Gods Natural World 400 photos, 17 members
- Close-ups of Animals 26,817 photos, 1,386 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 2,720 photos, 67 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 705 photos, 1,220 members
- Project Weather 616,469 photos, 88,622 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (by Admin Invitation) 9,124 photos, 616 members
- The Ionosphere 485 photos, 45 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 13,266 photos, 946 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,246 photos, 174 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,550 photos, 164 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 8,989 photos, 272 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 23,632 photos, 1,956 members
- Art in Black and White 292,623 photos, 13,449 members
- 54 Degrees and More 390 photos, 18 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 198 photos, 1,116 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 38,581 photos, 6,219 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 11,056 photos, 639 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 8,863 photos, 1,434 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 21,326 photos, 4,523 members
- Our Planet at Night 7,338 photos, 893 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 28,618 photos, 1,795 members
- Solo nocturnas - Night shots 9,493 photos, 623 members
- The World at Night 7,007 photos, 591 members
- The charm of the night - Magic night photos - Foto della notte - 2,978 photos, 119 members
- unusual sky 8,802 photos, 648 members
- The colors of the sky 11,389 photos, 911 members
- Night Images 1,079,859 photos, 145,222 members
- Top 20 Northern Lights 21 photos, 754 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer