"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: firstname.lastname@example.org
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- Yukon Birds 9 photos, 3 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 218 photos, 22 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 50,429 photos, 4,174 members
- La Mirada del Otro 1,352 photos, 152 members
- All kind of Landscapes 84,865 photos, 10,514 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 14,175 photos, 9,427 members
- Travel Yukon 756 photos, 44 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery... 19,919 photos, 1,982 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 3,758 photos, 83 members
- GREAT PANOS 24,305 photos, 3,119 members
- C is for... 25,987 photos, 2,966 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 24,624 photos, 1,841 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) 11,402 photos, 3,189 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 18,955 photos, 1,849 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 7,510 photos, 484 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 43,083 photos, 4,505 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 23,877 photos, 3,293 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 281,543 photos, 11,121 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 23,741 photos, 2,557 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,872 photos, 22,298 members
- Gods Natural World 379 photos, 17 members
- Close-ups of Animals 21,427 photos, 1,342 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 2,301 photos, 54 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 701 photos, 1,160 members
- Project Weather 514,641 photos, 80,050 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (by Admin Invitation) 8,469 photos, 597 members
- The Ionosphere 468 photos, 46 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 14,166 photos, 449 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,231 photos, 160 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,571 photos, 165 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 8,115 photos, 264 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 22,494 photos, 1,833 members
- Art in Black and White 257,833 photos, 12,463 members
- 54 Degrees and More 208 photos, 16 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 202 photos, 1,047 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 33,979 photos, 5,640 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 10,313 photos, 631 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 7,780 photos, 1,280 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 19,963 photos, 4,326 members
- Our Planet at Night 5,259 photos, 636 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 27,322 photos, 1,757 members
- Solo nocturnas - Night shots 8,828 photos, 573 members
- The World at Night 5,694 photos, 478 members
- The charm of the night - Magic night photos - Foto della notte - 2,916 photos, 112 members
- unusual sky 7,843 photos, 625 members
- The colors of the sky 10,523 photos, 886 members
- Night Images 1,045,183 photos, 138,917 members
- Top 20 Northern Lights 19 photos, 741 members
- TOP SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wild birds ........ 5,447 photos, 441 members
- Nikon D7000 Astrophotography 2,719 photos, 453 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer