"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: firstname.lastname@example.org
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- Master of photoshop 1,052 photos, 616 members
- See & Be Seen 5,139 photos, 1,351 members
- Yukon Birds 10 photos, 3 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 352 photos, 35 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 55,039 photos, 4,342 members
- La Mirada del Otro 1,555 photos, 155 members
- All kind of Landscapes 103,920 photos, 11,107 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 15,215 photos, 10,003 members
- Travel Yukon 783 photos, 46 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery... 21,370 photos, 2,089 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 3,902 photos, 84 members
- GREAT PANOS 26,089 photos, 3,172 members
- C is for... 29,073 photos, 3,194 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 27,902 photos, 2,006 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) 11,890 photos, 3,359 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 21,629 photos, 1,951 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 8,849 photos, 519 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 44,747 photos, 4,635 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 24,811 photos, 3,389 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 294,206 photos, 11,348 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 24,528 photos, 2,617 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,878 photos, 23,281 members
- Gods Natural World 383 photos, 17 members
- Close-ups of Animals 23,049 photos, 1,348 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 2,400 photos, 60 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 705 photos, 1,173 members
- Project Weather 555,740 photos, 83,038 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (by Admin Invitation) 8,675 photos, 597 members
- The Ionosphere 473 photos, 46 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 14,385 photos, 514 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,238 photos, 164 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,561 photos, 164 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 8,326 photos, 265 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 22,766 photos, 1,862 members
- Art in Black and White 268,170 photos, 12,771 members
- 54 Degrees and More 261 photos, 17 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 202 photos, 1,063 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 35,041 photos, 5,777 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 10,465 photos, 634 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 7,937 photos, 1,305 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 20,198 photos, 4,376 members
- Our Planet at Night 5,644 photos, 677 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 27,715 photos, 1,769 members
- Solo nocturnas - Night shots 9,014 photos, 579 members
- The World at Night 5,954 photos, 494 members
- The charm of the night - Magic night photos - Foto della notte - 2,920 photos, 113 members
- unusual sky 8,135 photos, 632 members
- The colors of the sky 10,801 photos, 893 members
- Night Images 1,053,472 photos, 140,576 members
- Top 20 Northern Lights 19 photos, 740 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer