"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: email@example.com
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- Master of photoshop 1,102 photos, 634 members
- See & Be Seen 6,845 photos, 1,532 members
- Yukon Birds 10 photos, 3 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 430 photos, 36 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 62,183 photos, 4,421 members
- La Mirada del Otro 1,918 photos, 161 members
- All kind of Landscapes 133,863 photos, 12,054 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 16,854 photos, 11,036 members
- Travel Yukon 853 photos, 51 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery... 23,460 photos, 2,289 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 4,006 photos, 83 members
- GREAT PANOS 29,063 photos, 3,247 members
- C is for... 34,774 photos, 3,629 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 33,188 photos, 2,244 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) 12,565 photos, 3,588 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 25,559 photos, 2,100 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 10,703 photos, 577 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 47,525 photos, 4,846 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 26,438 photos, 3,554 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 314,214 photos, 11,683 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 25,777 photos, 2,752 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,889 photos, 24,248 members
- Gods Natural World 394 photos, 17 members
- Close-ups of Animals 25,385 photos, 1,374 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 2,678 photos, 64 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 698 photos, 1,204 members
- Project Weather 602,774 photos, 87,409 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (by Admin Invitation) 8,940 photos, 607 members
- The Ionosphere 480 photos, 46 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 12,616 photos, 788 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,242 photos, 170 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,550 photos, 164 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 8,699 photos, 271 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 23,310 photos, 1,919 members
- Art in Black and White 282,651 photos, 13,177 members
- 54 Degrees and More 315 photos, 17 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 202 photos, 1,092 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 37,204 photos, 6,069 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 10,854 photos, 640 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 8,226 photos, 1,352 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 20,632 photos, 4,438 members
- Our Planet at Night 6,649 photos, 813 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 28,293 photos, 1,785 members
- Solo nocturnas - Night shots 9,416 photos, 603 members
- The World at Night 6,604 photos, 561 members
- The charm of the night - Magic night photos - Foto della notte - 2,967 photos, 117 members
- unusual sky 8,609 photos, 641 members
- The colors of the sky 11,209 photos, 902 members
- Night Images 1,069,159 photos, 143,479 members
- Top 20 Northern Lights 20 photos, 746 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer