"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: email@example.com
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- Stunning wildlife 240 photos, 12 members
- Birds of the Canadian Territories 43 photos, 8 members
- Colors red+green/Farben Rot+Grün 1,295 photos, 241 members
- Ancient Forests - The Biodiversity Group 879 photos, 56 members
- SÓLO AMANECER-ATARDECER 64,987 photos, 4,428 members
- Master of photoshop 1,183 photos, 681 members
- See & Be Seen (Only on Invitation!) 11,971 photos, 2,132 members
- Yukon Birds 12 photos, 4 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 423 photos, 38 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 74,860 photos, 4,517 members
- La Mirada del Otro 2,824 photos, 167 members
- All kind of Landscapes 209,501 photos, 14,296 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 23,917 photos, 13,803 members
- Travel Yukon 1,028 photos, 59 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery... 30,512 photos, 2,938 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 4,302 photos, 89 members
- GREAT PANOS 37,459 photos, 3,382 members
- A LIGHTHOUSE.. 50,044 photos, 4,779 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 46,998 photos, 2,820 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) 13,928 photos, 3,942 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 36,099 photos, 2,441 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 15,495 photos, 701 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 53,334 photos, 5,389 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 30,307 photos, 3,967 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 361,513 photos, 12,488 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 28,966 photos, 2,972 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,886 photos, 25,244 members
- Gods Natural World 409 photos, 16 members
- Close-ups of Animals 31,878 photos, 1,394 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 3,159 photos, 76 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 740 photos, 1,275 members
- Project Weather 645,616 photos, 92,219 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (by Admin Invitation) 9,712 photos, 633 members
- The Ionosphere 522 photos, 44 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Admin Invite Only) 15,329 photos, 1,485 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,255 photos, 188 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,544 photos, 163 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 9,794 photos, 294 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 24,859 photos, 2,088 members
- Art in Black and White 322,884 photos, 14,155 members
- 54 Degrees and More 556 photos, 19 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 198 photos, 1,166 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 42,346 photos, 6,583 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 11,797 photos, 644 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 10,313 photos, 1,676 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 23,477 photos, 4,858 members
- Our Planet at Night 9,293 photos, 1,066 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 29,663 photos, 1,813 members
- Solo nocturnas - Night shots 9,443 photos, 684 members
- The World at Night 8,739 photos, 671 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer