"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, Uphere Magazine, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: firstname.lastname@example.org
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- ~The Magic of Colours~ 4,578 photos, 2,976 members
- INVITATION - POOL 14,331 photos, 2,709 members
- Stunning wildlife 2,986 photos, 60 members
- Birds of the Canadian Territories 101 photos, 8 members
- Red and Green / Farben Rot und Grün 1,966 photos, 264 members
- Ancient Forests - The Biodiversity Group 1,250 photos, 73 members
- SÓLO AMANECER-ATARDECER 64,508 photos, 4,481 members
- Master of photoshop 1,656 photos, 711 members
- See & Be Seen (Only on Invitation!) 15,846 photos, 2,791 members
- Yukon Birds 12 photos, 4 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 423 photos, 38 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 87,157 photos, 4,612 members
- La Mirada del Otro 3,823 photos, 170 members
- All kind of Landscapes 263,477 photos, 15,628 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 28,302 photos, 16,224 members
- Travel Yukon 1,262 photos, 63 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery....Please comment :) 39,930 photos, 3,448 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 4,713 photos, 79 members
- GREAT PANOS 46,565 photos, 3,531 members
- MOUNTAIN 78,959 photos, 8,030 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 62,213 photos, 3,439 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) [Closed] 13,654 photos, 3,811 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 50,012 photos, 2,754 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 23,148 photos, 817 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 58,842 photos, 5,954 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 34,506 photos, 4,422 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 412,341 photos, 13,199 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 32,305 photos, 3,190 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,953 photos, 25,795 members
- Gods Natural World 416 photos, 16 members
- Close-ups of Animals 39,453 photos, 1,473 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 4,104 photos, 80 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 750 photos, 1,302 members
- Project Weather 644,360 photos, 93,820 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (invitation only) 10,483 photos, 664 members
- The Ionosphere 536 photos, 42 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Admin Invite Only) 17,062 photos, 1,909 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,267 photos, 199 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,526 photos, 162 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 11,022 photos, 300 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 26,142 photos, 2,213 members
- Art in Black and White 366,960 photos, 14,896 members
- 54 Degrees and More 790 photos, 19 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 197 photos, 1,208 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 48,044 photos, 7,051 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 12,978 photos, 656 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 11,661 photos, 1,897 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 25,132 photos, 5,096 members
- Our Planet at Night 12,034 photos, 1,357 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 30,696 photos, 1,849 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer