"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: email@example.com
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- Master of photoshop 1,104 photos, 623 members
- See & Be Seen 6,342 photos, 1,421 members
- Yukon Birds 10 photos, 3 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 407 photos, 35 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 58,766 photos, 4,382 members
- La Mirada del Otro 1,731 photos, 156 members
- All kind of Landscapes 117,226 photos, 11,538 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 15,963 photos, 10,448 members
- Travel Yukon 812 photos, 48 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery... 22,333 photos, 2,159 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 3,936 photos, 83 members
- GREAT PANOS 27,402 photos, 3,201 members
- C is for... 30,842 photos, 3,349 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 30,234 photos, 2,124 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) 12,244 photos, 3,456 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 23,507 photos, 2,026 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 9,691 photos, 544 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 46,075 photos, 4,731 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 25,537 photos, 3,463 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 303,255 photos, 11,520 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 25,117 photos, 2,684 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,882 photos, 23,764 members
- Gods Natural World 384 photos, 17 members
- Close-ups of Animals 24,195 photos, 1,359 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 2,500 photos, 62 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 696 photos, 1,188 members
- Project Weather 565,685 photos, 84,131 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (by Admin Invitation) 8,802 photos, 602 members
- The Ionosphere 479 photos, 46 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 20+ Faves 12,284 photos, 659 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,235 photos, 166 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,553 photos, 164 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 8,504 photos, 268 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 23,113 photos, 1,886 members
- Art in Black and White 274,730 photos, 12,962 members
- 54 Degrees and More 283 photos, 17 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 202 photos, 1,072 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 35,907 photos, 5,893 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 10,666 photos, 637 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 7,987 photos, 1,320 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 20,278 photos, 4,387 members
- Our Planet at Night 6,027 photos, 723 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 27,975 photos, 1,776 members
- Solo nocturnas - Night shots 8,984 photos, 592 members
- The World at Night 6,234 photos, 526 members
- The charm of the night - Magic night photos - Foto della notte - 2,938 photos, 116 members
- unusual sky 8,353 photos, 635 members
- The colors of the sky 11,001 photos, 897 members
- Night Images 1,060,360 photos, 141,889 members
- Top 20 Northern Lights 20 photos, 741 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer