"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, Uphere Magazine, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: firstname.lastname@example.org
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- ~The Magic of Colours~ 3,018 photos, 2,663 members
- INVITATION - POOL 12,043 photos, 2,655 members
- Stunning wildlife 2,724 photos, 56 members
- Birds of the Canadian Territories 92 photos, 8 members
- Red and Green / Farben Rot und Grün 1,922 photos, 261 members
- Ancient Forests - The Biodiversity Group 1,202 photos, 69 members
- SÓLO AMANECER-ATARDECER 64,532 photos, 4,475 members
- Master of photoshop 1,261 photos, 710 members
- See & Be Seen (Only on Invitation!) 15,672 photos, 2,760 members
- Yukon Birds 12 photos, 4 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 423 photos, 38 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 85,654 photos, 4,608 members
- La Mirada del Otro 3,733 photos, 170 members
- All kind of Landscapes 255,387 photos, 15,475 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 27,924 photos, 15,947 members
- Travel Yukon 1,242 photos, 63 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery... 38,583 photos, 3,359 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 4,678 photos, 78 members
- GREAT PANOS 45,354 photos, 3,516 members
- MOUNTAIN 74,301 photos, 7,698 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 60,140 photos, 3,354 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) [Closed] 13,693 photos, 3,825 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 48,514 photos, 2,722 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 22,305 photos, 802 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 58,407 photos, 5,886 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 33,884 photos, 4,367 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 406,157 photos, 13,099 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 31,920 photos, 3,164 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,954 photos, 25,740 members
- Gods Natural World 413 photos, 16 members
- Close-ups of Animals 38,239 photos, 1,408 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 4,045 photos, 79 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 750 photos, 1,298 members
- Project Weather 645,057 photos, 93,688 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (invitation only) 10,391 photos, 666 members
- The Ionosphere 536 photos, 42 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Admin Invite Only) 16,832 photos, 1,852 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,267 photos, 197 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,530 photos, 162 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 10,897 photos, 300 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 25,924 photos, 2,200 members
- Art in Black and White 361,804 photos, 14,821 members
- 54 Degrees and More 751 photos, 19 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 197 photos, 1,208 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 47,019 photos, 6,973 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 12,838 photos, 653 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 11,619 photos, 1,882 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 25,011 photos, 5,076 members
- Our Planet at Night 11,508 photos, 1,289 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 30,916 photos, 1,843 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer