"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, Uphere Magazine, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: email@example.com
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- ~The Magic of Colours~ Elite 1,026 photos, 2,264 members
- A NATIONAL PARK 8,860 photos, 1,057 members
- ~The Magic of Colours~ 6,800 photos, 3,341 members
- INVITATION - POOL 19,724 photos, 2,817 members
- Stunning wildlife 3,703 photos, 65 members
- Birds of the Canadian Territories 102 photos, 8 members
- Red and Green / Farben Rot und Grün 2,116 photos, 264 members
- Ancient Forests - The Biodiversity Group 1,381 photos, 79 members
- SÓLO AMANECER-ATARDECER 64,420 photos, 4,494 members
- Master of photoshop 2,006 photos, 727 members
- See & Be Seen (Only on Invitation!) 17,087 photos, 2,929 members
- Yukon Birds 12 photos, 4 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 422 photos, 38 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 91,338 photos, 4,634 members
- La Mirada del Otro 4,018 photos, 169 members
- All kind of Landscapes 279,312 photos, 16,161 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 29,196 photos, 16,931 members
- Travel Yukon 1,359 photos, 64 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery....Please comment :) 42,803 photos, 3,580 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 4,819 photos, 81 members
- GREAT PANOS 49,559 photos, 3,569 members
- MOUNTAIN 89,914 photos, 8,967 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 66,757 photos, 3,625 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) [Closed] 13,563 photos, 3,768 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 53,265 photos, 2,830 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 24,722 photos, 841 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 60,506 photos, 6,101 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 35,812 photos, 4,531 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 425,234 photos, 13,347 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 33,452 photos, 3,237 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,953 photos, 25,907 members
- Gods Natural World 418 photos, 16 members
- Close-ups of Animals 42,427 photos, 1,536 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 4,468 photos, 85 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 751 photos, 1,323 members
- Project Weather 643,455 photos, 93,965 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (invitation only) 10,618 photos, 668 members
- The Ionosphere 536 photos, 42 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 17,487 photos, 2,022 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,267 photos, 206 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,516 photos, 160 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 11,282 photos, 304 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 26,736 photos, 2,245 members
- Art in Black and White 379,871 photos, 15,092 members
- 54 Degrees and More 887 photos, 19 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 196 photos, 1,205 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 49,896 photos, 7,206 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 13,095 photos, 655 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 12,214 photos, 1,994 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 25,902 photos, 5,204 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer