"Beginners worry about equipment, pros worry about skills, masters worry about light"
An amateur nature and landscape photographer for about 40 years, more seriously so in recent years, I'm a retired youth worker in Whitehorse Yukon, north of the 60th parallel in Canada.
As a photographer, my goal is to celebrate the infinite beauty of the natural world. My images have been published in books, online publications, newspapers, magazines and are used by businesses, NGO's, educational institutions and conservation initiatives internationally. Some of these include: Audubon, Wikipedia, Canadian Wildlife Federation, ARKive, National Wildlife Federation, World Handbook of Birds- IBC, Prafulla.net, Biosphère, National Geographic Daily News, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The New York Times, The Chicago Daily Herald, National Examiner, Mother Nature Network, Hello Magazine, Iltalehti, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the Royal Ontario Museum, The Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, The Sun, the Daily Mirror and other international newspapers.
If you're interested in any of my work, it is available at no cost to non-profit organizations and those of very limited means--just send me a Flickr mail. To purchase a high res file, high quality fine-art prints, metal or canvas, please contact me at my Flickr mail or Hotmail to make arrangements that suit your needs and budget: firstname.lastname@example.org
(I can also provide an interesting, well-written article/story suitable for publication to go with any of my photos)
Other than photography, I'm into birding, outdoors activities, natural history, movies, art, technology, music, cooking, markets, political affairs, having a good laugh and drinking a little red wine or good ale. To me, photography is the ultimate fusion of art and technology, and those with a strong sense of creative vision, who have also mastered the technology and software, are best equipped to produce outstanding images. On those few occasions that I create a decent image, it's mostly the result of hard work, planning, time and effort.
I believe there's too much emphasis on expensive gear, formula-style and imitating the work of others in photography, usually not enough on the all-important creative side. A truly outstanding photo is usually the result of a harmonious composition, interesting and original subject matter, attractive light and colour. I try, but am not always successful, in creating original, harmonious and hopefully unique images of the natural world north of 60.
I usually find the full-frame cameras and big expensive glass too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for nature photography in this rugged Yukon landscape. There are few trails here and I often bush-whack to get the shot. Currently I shoot wildlife with the Nikon D7000, D5300 and use the D610 for landscapes.
By design, I have a relatively small contact list. Commenting and viewing can be time-consuming, so please forgive me if I can't reciprocate by adding you as a contact, if you have listed me as one. However, like everybody, I appreciate comments, and constructive criticism is especially welcome if it will improve my work.
Photos of kdee64 (3)
- Yukon Birds 8 photos, 3 members
- Nature_and_Landscapes 203 photos, 21 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 47,216 photos, 4,088 members
- La Mirada del Otro 1,145 photos, 149 members
- All kind of Landscapes 72,092 photos, 10,035 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes around the world 13,631 photos, 9,082 members
- Travel Yukon 745 photos, 43 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery... 18,837 photos, 1,886 members
- Bird Photography Excellence 3,745 photos, 85 members
- GREAT PANOS 23,043 photos, 3,096 members
- C is for... 22,032 photos, 2,567 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 22,625 photos, 1,719 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) 11,051 photos, 3,089 members
- Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD 17,019 photos, 1,753 members
- Tamron 150-600 Nikon mount 6,559 photos, 449 members
- Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S 41,772 photos, 4,402 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 23,263 photos, 3,217 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 273,539 photos, 10,997 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 23,212 photos, 2,507 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,854 photos, 21,220 members
- Gods Natural World 380 photos, 17 members
- Close-ups of Animals 20,348 photos, 1,282 members
- Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Greenland, and Siberia Group 2,223 photos, 52 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 696 photos, 1,155 members
- Project Weather 489,087 photos, 78,131 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (by Admin Invitation) 8,317 photos, 594 members
- The Ionosphere 468 photos, 46 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 14,022 photos, 446 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,224 photos, 158 members
- Absolutely Stunning Elite Gallery- ASEG 1,571 photos, 165 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 7,902 photos, 262 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 22,268 photos, 1,811 members
- Art in Black and White 251,711 photos, 12,286 members
- 54 Degrees and More 170 photos, 15 members
- Elite Star Trails (single frame long exposures only) 223 photos, 1,039 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 33,466 photos, 5,545 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 10,108 photos, 630 members
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) 7,706 photos, 1,263 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 19,854 photos, 4,296 members
- Our Planet at Night 5,048 photos, 614 members
- The Sky- We Are Expanding!!! 27,100 photos, 1,753 members
- Solo nocturnas - Night shots 8,769 photos, 560 members
- The World at Night 5,620 photos, 467 members
- The charm of the night - Magic night photos - Foto della notte - 2,910 photos, 112 members
- unusual sky 7,703 photos, 617 members
- The colors of the sky 10,375 photos, 882 members
- Night Images 1,039,724 photos, 137,728 members
- Top 20 Northern Lights 21 photos, 736 members
- TOP SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wild birds ........ 5,155 photos, 439 members
- Nikon D7000 Astrophotography 2,705 photos, 449 members
kdee64 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keith Williams
- January 2010
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- amateur nature photographer