Keene is the largest town in Cheshire County, located in the southwest corner of New Hampshire. Cheshire County is home to Mount Monadnock, one of the most climbed mountains in the world, which used to be frequented by Thoreau and Emerson.
The Keene Public Library started scanning and uploading hundreds of historical photos and postcards of Keene and surrounding Cheshire County in its collection. When we ran out of our own photos, we started working on the thousands of photos at the Historical Society of Cheshire County. All of the scanning and enhancing of the photos has been done by our extraordinary volunteer, Bob Borden.
Please feel free to add information or comments.
Keene Public Library
60 Winters St.
Keene NH 03431
The Historical Society of Cheshire County
P.O. Box 803, 246 Main Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03431
Photos of Keene and Cheshire County (NH) Historical Photos (1)
Keene and Cheshire County (NH) Historical Photos hasn't listed any contacts yet.
- Vintage pics 34,869 photos, 628 members
- Flickr Commons 2,666 photos, 2,271 members
- Keene, NH 936 photos, 79 members
- Libraries and Librarians - Please tag the images you add! 52,508 photos, 4,649 members
Keene and Cheshire County (NH) Historical Photos doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Keene Public Library and the Historical Society of Cheshire County
- April 2008
- Keene NH
- public library and historical society
- Keene Public Library