Hello, Grüezi, Tag wohl, Hoi, Salü, Salut, Ciao, Allegra, Bun Di, Hallo, Guten Tag!
Welcome to Switzerland backstage!
My Flickr is not all about beautiful photos. If it succeeds, so much the better. But it should look natural and not a gimmickry. It started very harmless. I photographed analogue until 2005 and had no digital camera when I heard the first time about Flickr. For a little money, I bought a small digital camera to test Flickr.
So I got used to having the camera with me in daily life and soon I had to have a better one. But it was not possible to do that with a large DSLR. Thank God, the small cameras were getting better and my pictures too.
Over time, I focused more on topics and content to give the photos more historical value. And in order that the photos are widely distributed to survive the times, most of them are released under Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY). Except with people in the foreground, as in portraits. My sense for the historical I probably inherited from my grandfather maternal. He was director of the museum in Rorschach and got the honorary citizenship for his work.
Here you can find things that you do not see elsewhere. I also collect not thousands of images in my favorites, but things that have a meaning to me. And I comment if I have something to say and not just Wow! Amazingly! Beautiful! To use social media functions to generate clicks is not my thing. I don't want to arouse too much attention with my photos. Thanks to all my followers, but please appreciate that I can not add all of you to my contacts. With more than about a hundred it becomes confusing for me. Who is interesting comes in, another is out.
Psst... when there are no geotags and not an accurate description, it may be that it is still under military secrecy. Perhaps these images will gain a historical significance not until later. When there are changes, I will correct it if possible.
My account is safe. I'm not a prude and think that nudity is something natural. The limits that I set for myself in Flickr are out of consideration for people with other morals and children. So please don't comment, add me as a contact or one of my photos as your fave, if you have explicit nudity in your pictures or other faves. Erotic in bikini is ok. There are people who do not have their own photos and only search for pictures with sexual and erotic content. Please come and look but do not more. That's also the reason, why some are blocked by me.
Thank you very much!
Vielen Dank auch an alle, die mich unterstützen Dinge zu dokumentieren die für die Nachwelt von Interesse sein könnten.
”Es wird jedoch eine Zeit kommen, da nichts von grösserem Interesse sein wird, als wahrhaftige Erinnerungen an die Vergangenheit. Walt Whitman”
Beware of trolls: The name 'Kecko' is used by me publicly since 2005 only in this account.
Contact for non-members: allisone(at)bluewin.ch
- Mitsubishi Delica Gallery 1,211 photos, 126 members
- Memorials 22,335 photos, 1,341 members
- Roadside Crosses and Memorials 2,488 photos, 188 members
- Your Best Shot 2018 7,614 photos, 11,390 members
- A PRESERVED RAILWAY 17,705 photos, 567 members
- Train Cab Interiors 1,429 photos, 157 members
- Walensee und seine Bergwelt 213 photos, 27 members
- Stadler Rail 3,266 photos, 117 members
- Swiss Army 5,231 photos, 61 members
- Vectron - Siemens locomotive 13,815 photos, 829 members
- Railway Maps 178 photos, 72 members
- Flickr Stats 261 photos, 163 members
- Caterpillar Equipment 4,447 photos, 556 members
- Tickets 4,754 photos, 452 members
- Liebherr 4,690 photos, 287 members
- Funny Ha Ha! 145,603 photos, 11,791 members
- INDUSTRY WORLD 4,396 photos, 295 members
- Jukebox 490 photos, 177 members
- Fantasy & Fairy Tale Photography 6,133 photos, 411 members
- Trains In The Snow 26,841 photos, 814 members
- Optical Phantoms,Mirages and Illusions 619 photos, 216 members
- Tuning World Bodensee 808 photos, 65 members
- Railways Worldwide (No 30/60 limit) 91,700 photos, 199 members
- SBB RABe 502 (Bombardier Twindexx Swiss Express) 219 photos, 18 members
- Railway and all the things around 813,927 photos, 5,044 members
- RTS Swietelsky 98 photos, 36 members
- SBB RABe 521-527 (FLIRT) 1,906 photos, 86 members
- Ticino, Tessin - CH 12,086 photos, 660 members
- Taurus (the locomotive) 14,643 photos, 616 members
- Ankunft - Abfahrt - Landung - Abflug 2,343 photos, 90 members
- Bridge Architecture 14,061 photos, 1,413 members
- Historic and Old Photos 129,650 photos, 4,299 members
- Militärfahrzeuge Weltweit / military vehicles around the world 16,223 photos, 274 members
- Ticino 8,086 photos, 716 members
- Roundabout Art 1,091 photos, 99 members
- Swiss Airforce 8,697 photos, 335 members
- Trucks (of all kinds) 227,041 photos, 4,739 members
- Lösch- und Rettungszug (LRZ) 204 photos, 38 members
- Railway Station Chur 359 photos, 196 members
- Abandoned 1,139,192 photos, 78,645 members
- Valais / Wallis 31,639 photos, 949 members
- In The Tunnel 3,508 photos, 483 members
- Schweizer Eisenbahnsignale / Swiss Railway Signalling 613 photos, 19 members
- BIG Honk'n Fire Trucks (and other HUGE Public Safety Apparatus) 15,723 photos, 437 members
- Verlassene Orte in der Schweiz 467 photos, 138 members
- STEAM TRAIN MECCA 60,942 photos, 599 members
- Tunnel Vision 16,082 photos, 2,758 members
- Aircraft Spotting 1,800,251 photos, 13,408 members
- Liechtenstein 1,555 photos, 205 members
- Taminatal 216 photos, 8 members
- March 2005
- Rural area of Eastern Switzerland
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Seeker and keeper of the lost truth