hi, my name is katie and i'm a flickrholic.
* this is where you say, "hi, katie." *
i love my life. i've been truly blessed in this incarnation and i'm thankful for every moment of it. the people surrounding me are simply amazing and i love them completely. i'm a shape-shifter and an intentional creator. i've been known to speak my mind, sometimes while simultaneously placing my foot in my mouth. i don't believe in coincidences. i like to feel my heart match the beat of the bass that vibrates beneath my feet. i find it hilarious when men call me a feminist. i'm married to the best (hu)man i've ever known and together we have a wonderful, wild daughter. i believe in endless possibilities and the Good in humanity. i'm not nearly as funny as i think i am, but that doesn't stop me from being silly. Ever!
i'm a professional photographer/digital artist in my "real" life. i do everything ranging from fine art to weddings and engagements to portraits to headshots to boudoir photos.
and i'm a self portrait artist/ex-365-er. (read: not a narcissist. :)
i get a lot of mail asking about my work, specifically my processing. so let me tell you this: if i was hording some little photoshop secret ninja trick that makes all my photos look fantastic instantly, i'd have a *lot* more free time. if you send me a flickrmail asking, "how do you process your photos?" please don't be offended if i don't respond.
please consider 3 things before requesting my help:
1. i always try my best, but i don't have time to respond to every flickrmail if i want to maintain a healthy marriage. =)
2. i've dedicated an enormous amount of time and energy into developing my very intricate style of processing. the best advice i can give you is to take the time to develop your own unique style.
3. it's not the processing that matters - it's the concept. creative processing can only enhance a good image. master the basics of photography first.
i'm self taught in everything that i do, so my suggestion is to research what you want to do online, then try it til you get it right. look for tutorials on youtube. some of the photoshop groups on flickr are a great resource for all of that. i'm currently using CS3.
contact me for more info about any of my images. for purchasing prints visit my website. and Please do not use any of my images without my permission. also, i don't like having to say or do this, but i'm quick to block people. i wish all human beings operated with dignity and respect for others, but sadly this isn't the case. creeps and people with no info or photos (guess what - that's creepy) beware.
thanks for stoppin' by.
canon 5d mark II
lots of imagination
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,304 members
- Create Your Own Planets 22,897 photos, 5,680 members
- Ideas Creativas 803 photos, 195 members
- Photowalking the US West Coast 2009 26 photos, 18 members
- My Contacts Really Get Around 75 photos, 89 members
- U left me in Awe...(invited images only) 3,006 photos, 1,547 members
- I love my cat 443,618 photos, 54,393 members
- !GoLDeN aRT°ONLY INVITE!!!+25 faves(p1/c2and FAVE)SWEEPER runs 12,863 photos, 1,234 members
- Only A Fading Conception 1,575 photos, 1,546 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre/Challenge #27 "CELEBRATION" 51,139 photos, 8,817 members
- Presetting Lightroom 116,927 photos, 14,139 members
- Just.me 7,532 photos, 470 members
- Atque Artificia, Post 1 and comment and fave 2 4,960 photos, 1,012 members
- SWPB - Succeeding as a Wedding Photography Business 74,670 photos, 6,405 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 33,454 photos, 13,814 members
- Bokeh Wednesday Eve 10,421 photos, 876 members
- #1 Photos on Flickr's Interestingness List 1,482 photos, 244 members
- Vision Quality Group (P1/F2/C2) 96,304 photos, 4,633 members
- Portrait★Faces 116,881 photos, 53,116 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 113,839 photos, 22,218 members
- A P P R E C I A T I O N 167,974 photos, 3,731 members
- fiddy whores 34,500 photos, 1,338 members
- animal lovers 112,425 photos, 3,641 members
- Photoshop Tennis 926 photos, 8,938 members
- Nifty Fifty Friday 14,034 photos, 2,454 members
- SOOC (Straight Out of the Camera) 199,259 photos, 8,316 members
- Naturey Crap 94,982 photos, 2,990 members
- Elusive Actions & Presets 5,027 photos, 1,382 members
- Tell a story in 5 frames (Visual story telling) 186 photos, 12,898 members
- [Self Portraits Unlimited] 4,488 photos, 407 members
- Blartsy 2,204 photos, 276 members
- Conceptual photography 493,819 photos, 21,101 members
- My Most Faved One (Your 1 photo with the most Faves) 377 photos, 539 members
- SOOC Fridays 1,670 photos, 425 members
- Mega Shot Post 1, fave 2 4,273 photos, 7,688 members
- CatchLight 16,853 photos, 2,518 members
- The Floating Project 2,136 photos, 485 members
- ♥Beautiful Brunettes♥ 15,985 photos, 1,804 members
- Wedding Details & Ideas 67,587 photos, 10,384 members
- BokehPalooza 34,593 photos, 1,834 members
- .trashion 1,079 photos, 325 members
- Anything you like - Post 1- Comment 5 70,209 photos, 4,792 members
- Lightning in a Bottle - 2008 2,526 photos, 97 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 69,052 photos, 11,995 members
- *Really Unlimited* 413,056 photos, 1,858 members
- Leon Loves Pink 2,459 photos, 237 members
- Photomanipulation 116,560 photos, 7,585 members
- bokeh whores 378,484 photos, 14,137 members
- VULNERABLE / self-portraits that show us who you really are. 23,248 photos, 4,392 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,474,674 photos, 74,630 members
Jinna van Ringen says:
"I could write you a testimonial of a thousand words but it all comes down to the fact that you are a huge inspiration and that your photos are enchantingly good. Your work is amazing."
July 1st, 2009
Little Thoughts says:
"There's something about Katie's stream that makes me so happy. Is it the creative ideas, the gorgeous self portraits, the breathtaking locations, the heartfelt and funny descriptions or the perfect post processing? I think its the combination of all those things that make her work so special. Thanks for being an inspiration, as a photographer but also as a person. Don't ever stop doing your thing girl, you rock!
May 19th, 2009
Katherine Elizabeth says:
"a true artist that has so much to come for her future. keepin shootin' girl! you have some serious talent.
ps. i'd like to say that 'katies' are pretty much the best. ;]"
May 10th, 2009
Marles B says:
"I'm always so amazed by ::reflecting truth::'s photos. Definitely a source of inspiration. Keep up the awesome work! :-)"
April 28th, 2009
tulips & turpentine says:
"Katie, Katie, Katie.
Where to begin? You're bloody brilliant, darling, and your work is so incredibly inspiring. You're unbelievably creative, imaginative, and talented, and I could spend ever hour of ever day just staring - mouth gaping - at your exquisite photostream. I know it'll be hard to do, but I'm hoping one day I might be able to take pictures that are one tenth as brilliant as yours. You're truly amazing."
April 1st, 2009
few frog says:
"Katie's 365 project was incredibly inspirational and through her own process of learning she managed to teach all of us a thing or two! I pretty much cried day 360-365 knowing it was coming to an end, but she continues to post her breathtaking photos post-365. Love your work Katie! You amaze us all!"
March 25th, 2009
"Katie is magical. Her photostream is one to die for.
Her ideas are so amazing that I often come here for inspiration :)
Glad to have you among my friends missy!
February 2nd, 2009
Still 33 says:
"What to say...
Where to start..
She has a sense of style, class, beauty, creativity way that are way beyond the norm.
This lady has an eye for style, content ( and has a great Look!) and detail that causes wonder and awe in me with almost ever one of her creations... I hesitate to call them pictures.
What to call them...
A slice of life? No... to tame
Life on SteRoids? Close but no cigar!
Life in the Fast Lane? Hmmm... she makes me see life in a new way... getting closer... but after several days of pondering what to say... !
She is wonderful, respectful of self and others and relies on her creativity, self belief, hard work, supportive spouse, loving animals and a slightly over the top style!"
February 2nd, 2009
Laylo Stylo says:
" Every image is treated by Katie like a priceless artifact, and this is why, i think, she is not just an ordinary photographer, she is an amazing artist with an enormous imagination.
And I think she is pretty :)"
January 19th, 2009
flightless bird says:
"her art has had an unspeakable impact on my life and view of the world."
January 12th, 2009
"Katie takes amazing photographs with stunning lighting and incredible concepts :)
I love visiting your stream! :)"
January 1st, 2009
"when i look katie's photos for the first time ... i immediately feel that she has the innate ability to compose a photo so well ... and it seems as though w/out giving second thoughts ... katie always come up with the most creative and amazing work.
i'm glad to have such a hottie like katie as a contact on flickr. :D"
December 15th, 2008
earsplitting curtain says:
"Katie is an exquisite photographer. She’s very creative and talented. She’s an inspiration to me. Her inner and outer beauty radiates and she’s wonderful to talk to. She’s always sweet and kind. She one of the few who helped me start the CatchLight Group and I appreciate her so much. I enjoy visiting her photo stream to see what her latest artistic creation is.
Katie, thank you for being so awesome. I know we haven’t talked much lately, but I’m sure you understand. Life gets busy at times. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you once again."
November 29th, 2008
thankful veil says:
"Her pictures are life. What she conveys through photography is a testament to the power a single image can contain... we should all inspire to see the world through such a beautiful eye as her."
September 5th, 2008
"Katie takes the most artistic and awe-inspiring photos. Words can't describe how eye-catching her pictures are--they are just that great. All the superlatives about her photostream are as follows: awesome, creative, spiritual, ethereal, and so forth. If there was a muse on this site, she would be it. One of the best I've seen on flickr. =)"
August 3rd, 2008
"I have had the grand delight to be following Katie's stream for a while now and it is a charming, exciting, and inspirational ride. The work that she has accomplished for her 365 project has been a joy for my eyes, yes, but there is also a depth of thought that she applies that allows me wonderful insights of Katie and of myself, as well. (I also have a very selfish reason for applauding and encouraging her 365 project - I get a new image of Katie to appreciate every day!)
Thank you thank you, Katie for sharing so much of your enchanting self with us and I look forward to a bit more.
cheers to you! -M"
July 15th, 2008
deep holiday says:
"Ah Katie, what can be said about such a talented and beautiful lady? I enjoy seeing her photographs everyday during her 365 day trek. Almost every photo brings a grin to my face. But some of her photos will bring challenging thoughts to your head particularly, “Day 88 It breaks my heart”. I think to myself what would I do in her situation? But Katie still goes on with her daily life, keeping us (her viewing audience) entertained by showing how things are going. Keep up your awesome work Katie; I look forward to sharing the rest of this year with you and your photos!
May 23rd, 2008
"Katie is sweet, beautifull and made compositions so well.
I just can spend hours look into the stream.
And each more the time passing, each more she grow her talent and publish her amazing ideas.
I love too the romance between her and her man. So lovely compositions registred when they stay together"
April 21st, 2008
knotty ring says:
"""""your photographs really leaves me speechless each time i view them! with each photo a story is told and left to the mind of the viewer to imagine... not all photographers can achieve this element of mystery in their work! but i congratulate you because you are gifted with this talent!
i love all your works! your just so amazing! ^_^ "
April 13th, 2008
"Katie Lee is a blessing. Whether she’s seeing and capturing things the way they exist or creating something new entirely from inspiration, she is a true professional. Her fresh point of view and her unpretentious beauty make her 365 Set especially compelling. She’s kind and talented, and always makes me smile. Thanks Katie Lee!"
April 12th, 2008
►mikehedge.com ♫ says:
"Katie is an inspiration on many levels. =)"
March 22nd, 2008
- katie lee
- February 2006
- austin, tx
- city of angels, ca & austin, tx
- I am:
- Female and Taken