Canon DSLR user since 2005. Just upgraded my 20D to a 50D in Jan09.
Most often I do local band photography. That's how I got into digital work - I really wanted to capture the performance and energy of this one band that I used to see, to share the experience with my friends. That's pretty powerful, just trying to capture that 'one' moment. And that's essentially how I approach all the photo opportunities I make, to capture a scene as it is. Not much into digital manipulation, so I guess I have more of a straight PJ/documentary style.
Band/concert photos are out on my external web site, www.holdstilldetroit.com .
In the summer I shoot the Detroit APBA hydroplane races (see photo gallery at www.gold-cup.com). And once in awhile I'll shoot the monthly assignment for my photo club.
You can find me on myspace at www.myspace.com/photokathy313
- Strobist.com 608,588 photos, 124,084 members
- Elinchrom Skyport Users 10,162 photos, 983 members
- DRCC Downriver Camera Club 622 photos, 41 members
- Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF] Model A16 101,839 photos, 5,287 members
- EXPOSURE.Detroit 45,673 photos, 2,233 members
- detroit rock city 1,630 photos, 57 members
- Michigan Renaissance Festival 2,526 photos, 114 members
- Concert Photography 217,115 photos, 38,279 members
- The Metro Detroit Photography Club 9,175 photos, 375 members
Kathy-W doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- November 2007
- Milwaukee, WI. In Metro Detroit MI since 1988.
- I am:
- Technical Writer