Bikes, street art, trees, and other delights of the mostly-urban landscape. I seem to have more photos of pavement here than I planned to.
I got a digital camera in 2004 to document the Bike National Convention and, later, to provide material for the Time's Up! website. That camera died 3 days after its 1-year warranty expired.
I started this flickr stream for photos of a visit to China in 2005, and I've been taking pictures ever since.
I seem to prefer Canons, though in all honesty I have no idea what I'm doing with them. In 2012 I started fooling around with the Flickr Android App and Instagram, giving myself less control over things, and I'm not so sure about the results. It's all a work in progress ...
The metadata here is great! I spend perhaps too much time getting things just right on the map (the photo metadata isn't always correct, especially with my Eye-Fi card), and I'm fastidious about tags. The ones with a # in front live a double life, as hashtags on Twitter.
I'm Male and Achin'.
- Yarn Bombing 476 photos, 60 members
- urban knitting 4,150 photos, 606 members
- guerilla knitting 3,272 photos, 549 members
- Small wheeled bicycles 5,777 photos, 411 members
- Stencil Graffiti of San Francisco 848 photos, 113 members
- eclair bandersnatch and us 146 photos, 4 members
- Every cat on flickr 9,058 photos, 448 members
- BICYCLE & CREATIVITY 19,142 photos, 1,517 members
- SFPUC Calendar Photo Contest 116 photos, 12 members
- Murals of Oakland 4,260 photos, 146 members
- Life in the Bike Lane 159 photos, 22 members
- ☆★ ☞ Good beers with Comic Sans labels ☜ ★☆ 14 photos, 2 members
- Bike Pittsburgh 3,833 photos, 140 members
- 2015 San Francisco 2,184 photos, 67 members
- foldercycle 2,987 photos, 245 members
- Comic Sans 1,258 photos, 935 members
- Flickr Friday 18,310 photos, 27,681 members
- Very Large Array of RockCombos 35 photos, 12 members
- City Stickers 66,221 photos, 2,880 members
- People's Climate March NYC 2014 1,319 photos, 63 members
- desk thursday 264 photos, 84 members
- need for racks 50 photos, 4 members
- Times Up! 724 photos, 21 members
- 2014 San Francisco 3,300 photos, 55 members
- Cole Valley 119 photos, 35 members
- THE RALEIGH TWENTY 677 photos, 111 members
- Bike Sharing 219 photos, 122 members
- **KLAPPRAD**folding-bikes**mini-bikes**vintageweels 126 photos, 34 members
- Blue Bottle Coffee 352 photos, 73 members
- Street Art * Williamsburg Bridge * NY 367 photos, 61 members
- 2013 San Francisco 3,250 photos, 48 members
- "I Hella Bike Oakland" also "Biking Bay Area" 352 photos, 52 members
- Bike Stencils 273 photos, 106 members
- Dating is boring 845 photos, 101 members
- YOU GO GiRL 1,893 photos, 294 members
- Obama Street Art 1,514 photos, 603 members
- Sunday Streets Berkeley 860 photos, 47 members
- GATS (Graffiti Against The System) Sightings 1,132 photos, 192 members
- Bicycles at Bay Area Flea Markets 510 photos, 232 members
- Bicycle License Plates 145 photos, 12 members
- Bay Area Graffiti 104,149 photos, 2,287 members
- Machine Tags 8 photos, 120 members
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden Visitors 16,195 photos, 1,062 members
- Discovered by bicycle 223 photos, 32 members
- Car Free and Carefree 52 photos, 12 members
- MINIVELO GROUP 990 photos, 111 members
- Caltrain 1,776 photos, 130 members
- Bikes and Transit 647 photos, 103 members
- -Broke One / Beer Is Good - The Graffiti Artist 392 photos, 278 members
- Edible Root Crew sightings 88 photos, 7 members
"I...just want to testify. Jym Dyer is Jym Dandy...because have you ever seen them together? Jym is a lover of cats, and any friend to cats is a friend of mine...and my cats. He takes excellent care of them when mom is away, and takes excellent pictures of pavements, bikes, bike parts, Kathy and cats. He is worldy, wise and wacky. I recommend him. I am proud to call him "my friend flickr."
I...just wanted to testify."
March 3rd, 2009
- Jym Dyer
- November 2005
- San Brooklyn Francisco, NY, CA
- Jym's Eco Page