Bikes, street art, trees, and other delights of the mostly-urban landscape. I seem to have more photos of pavement here than I planned to.
I got a digital camera in 2004 to document the Bike National Convention and, later, to provide material for the Time's Up! website. That camera died 3 days after its 1-year warranty expired.
I started this flickr stream for photos of a visit to China in 2005, and I've been taking pictures ever since.
I seem to prefer Canons, though in all honesty I have no idea what I'm doing with them. In 2012 I started fooling around with the Flickr Android App and Instagram, giving myself less control over things, and I'm not so sure about the results. It's all a work in progress ...
The metadata here is great! I spend perhaps too much time getting things just right on the map (the photo metadata isn't always correct, especially with my Eye-Fi card), and I'm fastidious about tags. The ones with a # in front live a double life, as hashtags on Twitter.
I'm Male and Achin'.
- MUNI & BART 11,868 photos, 938 members
- Yarn Bombing 477 photos, 60 members
- urban knitting 4,135 photos, 609 members
- guerilla knitting 3,275 photos, 550 members
- Small wheeled bicycles 5,916 photos, 415 members
- Stencil Graffiti of San Francisco 867 photos, 114 members
- eclair bandersnatch and us 164 photos, 4 members
- Every cat on flickr 9,118 photos, 451 members
- BICYCLE & CREATIVITY 19,340 photos, 1,524 members
- SFPUC Calendar Photo Contest 116 photos, 11 members
- Murals of Oakland 4,335 photos, 150 members
- Life in the Bike Lane 168 photos, 22 members
- ☆★ ☞ Good beers with Comic Sans labels ☜ ★☆ 14 photos, 2 members
- Bike Pittsburgh 4,020 photos, 139 members
- 2015 San Francisco 2,900 photos, 67 members
- foldercycle 3,050 photos, 248 members
- Comic Sans 1,268 photos, 935 members
- Flickr Friday 19,733 photos, 29,750 members
- Very Large Array of RockCombos 36 photos, 12 members
- City Stickers 66,715 photos, 2,878 members
- People's Climate March NYC 2014 1,283 photos, 67 members
- desk thursday 264 photos, 83 members
- need for racks 51 photos, 4 members
- Times Up! 724 photos, 21 members
- 2014 San Francisco 3,300 photos, 54 members
- Cole Valley 121 photos, 35 members
- THE RALEIGH TWENTY 687 photos, 110 members
- Bike Sharing 219 photos, 123 members
- **KLAPPRAD**folding-bikes**mini-bikes**vintageweels 126 photos, 34 members
- Blue Bottle Coffee 358 photos, 75 members
- Street Art * Williamsburg Bridge * NY 366 photos, 61 members
- 2013 San Francisco 3,250 photos, 48 members
- "I Hella Bike Oakland" also "Biking Bay Area" 360 photos, 53 members
- Bike Stencils 274 photos, 106 members
- Dating is boring 862 photos, 102 members
- YOU GO GiRL 1,909 photos, 294 members
- Obama Street Art 1,513 photos, 602 members
- Sunday Streets Berkeley 860 photos, 49 members
- GATS (Graffiti Against The System) Sightings 1,138 photos, 193 members
- Bicycles at Bay Area Flea Markets 542 photos, 255 members
- Bicycle License Plates 145 photos, 13 members
- Bay Area Graffiti 103,987 photos, 2,305 members
- Machine Tags 8 photos, 120 members
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden Visitors 16,565 photos, 1,069 members
- Discovered by bicycle 241 photos, 32 members
- Car Free and Carefree 57 photos, 12 members
- MINIVELO GROUP 1,020 photos, 114 members
- Caltrain 1,815 photos, 132 members
- Bikes and Transit 671 photos, 110 members
- -Broke One / Beer Is Good - The Graffiti Artist 397 photos, 277 members
"I...just want to testify. Jym Dyer is Jym Dandy...because have you ever seen them together? Jym is a lover of cats, and any friend to cats is a friend of mine...and my cats. He takes excellent care of them when mom is away, and takes excellent pictures of pavements, bikes, bike parts, Kathy and cats. He is worldy, wise and wacky. I recommend him. I am proud to call him "my friend flickr."
I...just wanted to testify."
March 3rd, 2009
- Jym Dyer
- November 2005
- San Brooklyn Francisco, NY, CA
- Jym's Eco Page