Google Tech Talk
Old Text Blog: J-Curve
My photo collections on flickr.
All of my photos are free to use forever with a simple photo credit:
photo by Jurvetson (flickr)
If it’s online somewhere, please have the credit line link to the original page.
And if you can, please send me a copy or pointer as I am curious where they end up (for example: the Charlie Rose show, Science and Maxim magazine, and some board games... even a book for the blind. go figure.)
My genetic lineage, from Africa to Estonia:
- HPR - High Power Rocketry 201 photos, 39 members
- DINOSAUR GEMBONE LOVERS 490 photos, 210 members
- Synesthesia Imagery 1,152 photos, 1,511 members
- Faith is Funny 3,144 photos, 172 members
- 23andMe 39 photos, 14 members
- The Physics Classroom Flickr Group 3,094 photos, 320 members
- SpaceX 610 photos, 521 members
- macronaut 7,433 photos, 486 members
- Every Day Stanford 1,741 photos, 150 members
- Space Shuttle Fleet 962 photos, 349 members
- Costa Rica 65,850 photos, 3,405 members
- Missiles & Rockets 2,606 photos, 240 members
- Atheism 4,611 photos, 993 members
- Atheist 1,067 photos, 347 members
- Atheists who love (photographing) churches. 21,252 photos, 451 members
- Your VERY BEST ever / Invite Only 4,820 photos, 1,237 members
- TREK Y FRAME MOUNTAIN BIKES 221 photos, 69 members
- TED 2009: Fellows 276 photos, 21 members
- Weekly Theme Photography **WATER** 8,044 photos, 1,269 members
- Four Seasons Hotels, Resorts and Residences 2,796 photos, 287 members
- HDR Church Interiors 2,206 photos, 240 members
- Electric Cars 3,882 photos, 319 members
- 150 and more faves 208 photos, 280 members
- Science Nerd Depot 15,270 photos, 1,566 members
- GeekDad 5,785 photos, 660 members
- FIRE FIRE FIRE 76,327 photos, 18,106 members
- Undiscovered Tuscany 3,921 photos, 315 members
- Tuscany / Toscana 60,851 photos, 4,687 members
- Photographs of Italy 492,898 photos, 16,012 members
- Church Interiors 160,960 photos, 10,879 members
- Predator and Prey 2,000 photos, 335 members
- Canon G9 Macro 3,887 photos, 401 members
- Winner's Circle Gallery 13,079 photos, 2,480 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 46,257 photos, 7,877 members
- Flickr's 2-Weekly Theme Contest - New theme: play 522 photos, 1,761 members
- !Canada! 7,702 photos, 434 members
- Awesome Bugs! ** Post 1 & Award 5 14,939 photos, 3,441 members
- Cultural Boxes 90,310 photos, 2,786 members
- Buzz and Bugz ★ Post 2 and Comment ★ 46,743 photos, 4,591 members
- Thailand's Islands and Beaches 30,299 photos, 3,140 members
- Thailand Images 237,508 photos, 12,494 members
- Angkor 15,314 photos, 1,049 members
- Children of Cambodia 3,277 photos, 353 members
- Cambodia Images 92,199 photos, 6,117 members
- Unmanned Aerial Photos 2,338 photos, 291 members
- Rocket Aerial Photography 122 photos, 48 members
- The Genographic Project 57 photos, 98 members
- Galaxies on Earth 686 photos, 166 members
- Simply Diamonds 645 photos, 326 members
- What am I? 157 photos, 49 members
"The hamster in jurvetson’s brain does not so much run in circles on a wheel, but rather the hamster in his brain runs around in one of those elaborate clear tube mazes."
December 19th, 2008
"Steve is "The Man Out of the Earth" ; ).
Like a spatial-memetic- spaceport. You just need to dock to one of his photo, and your mind will instantly get sucked into mind-blowing discoveries, theories, fun or crazy experiences, or learning about some on-the-edge research and business.Then, when he flies back to Earth, he is a great, smart, friendly and kind human being too. Merci for all the wonderful discoveries you brought to my mind over the years Steve !"
December 23rd, 2008
"Now of Albert Einsten :
"Bert" I said (knowing him well from spirit trips)
Light is also in the hearts of people .
"Prove it ! "
He said ....
"Hah ! " (I knew I had him !)
"Easy : E = Jurvetson x C squared ...."
He wagged his finger and smiled and said
: "Whats his wavelength though ? "
"A good deep thoughtful one" : I said"
December 21st, 2005
"Its a privelage to know him personally and for those of you who are impressed with his mind's productions, please know that his enthusiastic spirit is even greater and completely infectious. One cannot be in a bad mood around Steve as much as water floats dead wood."
September 20th, 2005
"Now, Steve Jurvetson is a smart man. Almost intimidatingly smart actually...and is an incredibly accomplished individual (seriously, just read the mans bio, now thats what i call impressive) Here he shares with us an array of images of intriguing stuff nowhere else seen on flickr, more often than not accompanied by fascinating commentary about such things as nanotechnology and semiconductor etching.. but then that's something you read about everyday.. right? No? well, then you're in the right place:)
oh yeah.. in addition to this he definitely has the best ant macros ive ever seen;)"
September 4th, 2005
"Steve - the man with the plan. Wish you loads of success buddy."
May 29th, 2005
"Steve is the best user of words like "nanomemories" and "neuroplasticity" and "scaffolding of nanowires" I've ever heard."
April 29th, 2005
"J's phosphorescent being bestows magic and hope, he enlightens us with intriguingly beautiful photos of his extraordinary world. Tänan!"
March 5th, 2005
"Ok so hes a geek! :P
But his pictures still evoke a sense of elevated awareness in viewers.
He has definetly established a way of "seeing"..Innovative, seeking new ways of seeing, he often challenges the conventions of taste.
You gotta love him for that, and respect him! Woohoo!"
March 4th, 2005
"Steve is one cool dude. His photo stream is like a universal buffet served by an intellectual and worldly chef. I thank him intensely for making me use my cerebral cortex time and time again. Basically, he rocks."
March 1st, 2005
"I thought long and hard about what really strikes me about him and how to put it in a nutshell and only a single word kept on repeating itself to me as I contemplated this multi-faceted human being. The word is:
This man is brilliant."
January 28th, 2005
The Rocketeer says:
"Steve shares his adventures with us as he travels this wonderful planet of ours. His photos make us feel as though we've been invited to go along for the ride.
He displays his vast knowledge and keen interest in the world around us in his photos."
January 19th, 2005
"Steve is a good bobsled partner."
October 19th, 2004
"Internet used to be Black and White.
Until Steve came with his crayons."
September 23rd, 2004
"The man invented viral marketing ... and we got him to invite 5 people to Flickr.
(Wait - I guess that is more a testimonial for us.)"
September 10th, 2004
- Steve Jurvetson
- June 2004
- Menlo Park, USA
- Venture Capital
- Steve Jurvetson Bio