"I photograph to find out what something will look like photographed." (Garry Winogrand)
Not that it matters, but... I have been interested in taking pictures since my teenage years. For a long time, photography gave me an equal share of joy and frustration. The joy must be familiar to anyone who makes his or her own prints—to see black and grey shapes emerge on the surface of orange-lit, wet photographic paper is an unforgettable experience. However, that early joy was often accompanied by frustration. Having to rely on the poor quality materials that were available in my country at that time was often painfully disappointing.
This changed many years later when I bought my first digital camera. This camera gave me full control over the technical and creative process. With an enthusiasm comparable to that of my school years, I started spending long hours with Photoshop downloading, organizing, cropping, and enhancing.
In comparing my new photographs with the older, pre-digital era ones I realized that my interest had shifted away from the big picture to small details. I was no longer interested in sweeping panoramas or landscapes, but, rather, I was attracted to details, fragments, and sections. Instead of seeking out the unusual or unique, I sought the ordinary or the mundane. Indeed, I began to photograph objects or scenes that might seem, at first glance, to be average and unassuming, but which revealed intriguing or aesthetically pleasing aspects when viewed through my camera’s lens.
This departure from the big picture made me see the world in a new way; it allowed me to appreciate the unexpected beauty of intricate textures, the intriguing geometry of towns and cities, the spectacular subtlety of nature’s color, the order in chaos and chaos in order.
If you want to know more read THIS
- FUJIFILM X-T ⌘ PURE LANDSCAPES 7,235 photos, 743 members
- The Minimalist Manifesto 102 photos, 59 members
- Quadrado / No flowers,no children,no frames 15,275 photos, 689 members
- Flickr Addicts 8,600,393 photos, 116,690 members
- ***Game of geometry and cubism ↔ lines & abstract subjects A2 8,469 photos, 526 members
- ***DIGITAL & HYPERREALISM PAINTINGS (Moderated) - P1-A2 5,931 photos, 783 members
- Libro de Fotos / Photo Book 538,382 photos, 8,498 members
- Chronic City 1,706 photos, 208 members
- Monday Blues/ Post 1- Award 2 18,844 photos, 2,144 members
- Photo Art Non-Square (P1/C2) Quality over quantity, please... 5,683 photos, 293 members
- B Square 333,311 photos, 10,020 members
- iClick! 154,227 photos, 2,652 members
- SLR Adventure: Amateur / Semi pro / Professional / Photography 17,555 photos, 976 members
- Hipstamatic - Hipstamatic Photography - HipstaWe 32,624 photos, 730 members
- Lines&Curves - P1:C1 - no nature, no humans! 195,176 photos, 14,983 members
- Maximal minimalism 23,489 photos, 1,639 members
- Fresh Minds 40,197 photos, 937 members
- Per Aspera Ad Astra 17,518 photos, 435 members
- Eclectic Aesthetic 48,112 photos, 1,185 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 88,228 photos, 4,148 members
- Simply Abstract 767 photos, 38 members
- ROTHKOesque 10,211 photos, 10,450 members
- Landscapes!!! 1,268,693 photos, 45,410 members
- #2/...flickrjob premium (P1 - AW2) 8,872 photos, 614 members
- #1/...flickrjob different ~ (P1 - AW2) 23,043 photos, 1,213 members
- Chasing Shadows 42,001 photos, 1,931 members
- That Retro Lo-Fi look (post & comment) 10,419 photos, 374 members
- Visual Haiku 33,933 photos, 828 members
- Photo Art Square (P1/C2) Quality over quantity, please... 24,139 photos, 646 members
- Abstract Reality 155,438 photos, 7,247 members
- Flair and Square 26,071 photos, 879 members
- 500x500 307,605 photos, 7,583 members
- Art Without End ... [P1/C3] 98,174 photos, 3,267 members
- ZYD Radio NUNES 11,504 photos, 286 members
- Amsterdam Blog Associates - Urban Creatives 156,747 photos, 3,976 members
- Kwadrat / Square (no portrait) 18,972 photos, 524 members
- !Faire Abstraction de Tout 27,547 photos, 900 members
- Gate to Paradise, Free Group for Free Artists, It's your group 58,305 photos, 1,269 members
- Composers & Performers II (post 1, comment 1) 925 photos, 113 members
- Quadratum 53,214 photos, 630 members
- Salon Polski 17,250 photos, 414 members
- FLOOR tertius... 7,441 photos, 577 members
- FLOOR secundus (post 1, award 2)..... Welcome to Floor pink 10,786 photos, 868 members
- Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or Landscapes.P1- 81,084 photos, 4,545 members
- ஐ A Perfect Square Image ஐ (Cmt 2) 23,487 photos, 1,388 members
- Dizajnersi [P1 / A2] 115,893 photos, 2,083 members
- Composers & Performers I 18,147 photos, 225 members
- no_name_art 34,305 photos, 388 members
- American Photo Creative Showcase 112,936 photos, 5,104 members
- The Authors' plaza 47,982 photos, 970 members
If it had not been invented photography
surely you would be a painter!
Gdyby nie wynaleziono fotografii
napewno byłbyś malarzem!
July 12th, 2011
Ania.Photography - Off says:
"Jurek is a great artist, his photography is very powerful, bold, vivid and intense,so alive and unique...He has a Wonderful eye for color, shapes and subjects,he sees the unusual and the absurd,
it's a great pleasure to see his sight of "everyday life", I'm a big fan of his work, Very, very inspiring. thank you!"
February 27th, 2011
Neta Gov says:
"ARTIST ! (point)"
November 3rd, 2010
"Master of golden composition, sensitive and intelligent eye, great friend.
One of those photographer who make Flickr such incredible place.
So instead of reading this testimonial go and browse trough his work - you will find much more interesting things there:)"
April 3rd, 2010
o|o lianne says:
"I totally love Jurek's photography. He works with detail, light, texture, smell, perspective and meaning and most likely never goes anywhere without a camera (except for social settings). I want to hang my house full of his framed art, and one day I will travel to Poland to see how he works."
February 3rd, 2009
"Jurek is the Master of Detail. It is not important where he is: city or country side, he always finds something unusual, or just usual but missed by others. His titles are often surprise for me by its association giving the picture another dimension. And I like it!"
December 21st, 2008
"instead of reading this testimonial, simply click "← Photostream" on the left and enjoy the world of Jurek's photos, full of vibrant colours, wonderful details and things you don't usually notice...
September 16th, 2008
"With his fine sense of composition, Jurek can focus on ordinary parts of the world and make them special. This alert photographer notices things that many other eyes would ignore, giving his stream a refreshing and inspirational quality. His subject matter is diverse but usually includes a fresh perspective on whatever he points his camera at. Aspiring photographers who want to know the secret of creating great shots in a wide range of contexts could do worse than studying Jurek D.’s entertaining photostream."
March 18th, 2008
"There are probably thousands of brilliant photographers on Flickr but there are relatively few who make me stop, look, and try to learn, try to see through another's eyes. Jurek's one of those few: I've already seen a difference in my work (some of it), in my subjects, because of what he's shown by example. And even if I couldn't learn, every stop on his stream brings a smile. I love starting the day with him. (And I love his word games...welcome to a new renaissance.)"
October 19th, 2007
"Jurek is an amazing photographer. He has an amazing eye for detail. His photos often allow me to see things of great beauty that I would normally dismiss as mundane. The high quality of his large body of work is never compromised and he is an inspiration to me and many others."
September 12th, 2007
"Looking at Jurek's photos is good for your soul."
May 16th, 2007
- jurek d.
- February 2006
- jurek.durczak [at] gmail.com