ABOUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY
I haven't updated this section for a while, but here is some old news about my photos.
Four of my photos of Paris (Notre Dame, the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower and Saint-Denis) were displayed at the 2007 Rugby World Cup website, but are offline now.
From March 31 until September 9, 2007, this photo from Cartagena was displayed in an exhibition in Manchester called Play: Experience the adventure of our cities. Flickr user FraukeFoto took a photo of my photo.
The summer 2007 edition of 108, an American baseball magazine, is on newsstands now. This edition's pictorial features this photo that I took in Havana, Cuba, in 2005.
Meanwhile, this photo of Shea Stadium is in the new Schmap Guide to New York. While on Schmap, shots of San Giovanni in Laterano and the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina are in the latest Schmap Guide to Rome.
In December 2006, 12 of my photos (including 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) were displayed in the Live Site exhibition on Doha's corniche to coincide with the Asian Games.
Also in December 2006, the Solitaire Pop game (free demo download for PCs) was released, incorporating this picture of the Jaguar Temple at the Maya ruins of Tikal, Guatemala.
Meanwhile, many of my photos make up part of the photo archives at Panraven, an online journal service.
I'm Australian, but I've been overseas since June 2001, mostly travelling but also working occasionally in Rome (as a tour guide) and on various sports event news service projects including Athens 2004, Torino 2006, Doha 2006, RWC 2007, Beijing 2008, and Vancouver 2010. I now live in Geneva, Switzerland.
Since 2001 I've travelled in nearly 90 countries on all continents. My favourite countries, in no particular order, are: Egypt, Mexico, India, Italy, Pakistan, Peru, Argentina, Sri Lanka, Spain, Yemen, Morocco, Madagascar, Syria, Ethiopia, Tunisia and, though it's not really a country, Antarctica. My favourite cities are Rome, Damascus, Jerusalem, Constantinople (Istanbul), Paris, Varanasi, Fez, Havana and Valparaiso.
Writing and photography are two of my greatest hobbies. In 2006 I self-published a book documenting my travels in Burma, India and Pakistan with my wonderful fiancee (now wife), Wendy, which you can check out by clicking this link. I also have a travel blog with Boots 'N' All here.
Photography is an on-going challenge that I greatly enjoy. It is one of my favourite aspects of travel - the ability to capture a place, or a moment.
- ANCIENT RELICS 23,661 photos, 2,093 members
- #Sochi2014 1,742 photos, 960 members
- Skeleton sliding (sport) 92 photos, 8 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,082 photos, 6,947 members
- Asian cave 亚洲洞穴 2,605 photos, 1,459 members
- 40 000 views 207 photos, 259 members
- Half-timbered Houses 969 photos, 293 members
- Footprint Photo Library Submissions - OPEN TO ALL 2,135 photos, 141 members
- Autumn colors 133,618 photos, 10,823 members
- Fall Into Autumn 97,801 photos, 8,774 members
- Vines and Vineyards 29,622 photos, 3,788 members
- Glaciers, Icefields and Icebergs 16,567 photos, 2,204 members
- Alps 103,173 photos, 6,205 members
- Switzerland 191,669 photos, 8,821 members
- Hope Photo Contest 634 photos, 129 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,771 photos, 22,954 members
- Youth Olympics Photographer Challenge 884 photos, 292 members
- I s t a n b u l 34 35,793 photos, 1,798 members
- Ice is nice! 46,078 photos, 7,217 members
- Destination: Antarctica 11,488 photos, 528 members
- People of North East India 2,978 photos, 191 members
- Torres del Paine 4,075 photos, 368 members
- Paisajes de la Patagonia / Patagonian Landscapes 21,614 photos, 2,043 members
- Argentina Central 29,800 photos, 1,323 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 21,448 photos, 5,015 members
- Made in Soviet Union 11,004 photos, 897 members
- Lijiang, China 中国丽江 2,515 photos, 249 members
- China 166,899 photos, 5,938 members
- Beautiful China 174,084 photos, 5,164 members
- Rooftops 5,236 photos, 744 members
- Digital Sports / Photojournalism Photography 166,085 photos, 6,821 members
- Sports Photography 324,810 photos, 24,465 members
- Basketball 51,748 photos, 4,306 members
- Beijing Summer Olympic Games 2008 4,426 photos, 423 members
- North American Birds: Field Guide (Total = 687 Birds) 65,225 photos, 2,679 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 30,585 photos, 6,550 members
- The Great Wall of China 762 photos, 122 members
- 'Views: 15,000 - 20,000 322 photos, 348 members
- APF contest is Closed 0 photos, 1,389 members
- Gothic Churches 18,902 photos, 841 members
- Notre-Dame de Paris 5,455 photos, 1,253 members
- Paris 318,157 photos, 38,653 members
- Super Shots - Only Invited Photos - Nominate Now 257,386 photos, 40,524 members
- Windmills 24,824 photos, 5,412 members
- Views: 5000 9,936 photos, 4,134 members
- People sitting 13,700 photos, 870 members
- Yemen 6,061 photos, 568 members
- Morocco 39,417 photos, 4,923 members
- Buildings/Architecture 955,938 photos, 35,744 members
- France 257,741 photos, 6,904 members
Jungle_Boy doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Nick Leonard
- March 2005
- Sydney, Australia
- Geneva, Switzerland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Sports Statistician
- Wanderings: A Travel Journal