ABOUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY
I haven't updated this section for a while, but here is some old news about my photos.
Four of my photos of Paris (Notre Dame, the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower and Saint-Denis) were displayed at the 2007 Rugby World Cup website, but are offline now.
From March 31 until September 9, 2007, this photo from Cartagena was displayed in an exhibition in Manchester called Play: Experience the adventure of our cities. Flickr user FraukeFoto took a photo of my photo.
The summer 2007 edition of 108, an American baseball magazine, is on newsstands now. This edition's pictorial features this photo that I took in Havana, Cuba, in 2005.
Meanwhile, this photo of Shea Stadium is in the new Schmap Guide to New York. While on Schmap, shots of San Giovanni in Laterano and the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina are in the latest Schmap Guide to Rome.
In December 2006, 12 of my photos (including 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) were displayed in the Live Site exhibition on Doha's corniche to coincide with the Asian Games.
Also in December 2006, the Solitaire Pop game (free demo download for PCs) was released, incorporating this picture of the Jaguar Temple at the Maya ruins of Tikal, Guatemala.
Meanwhile, many of my photos make up part of the photo archives at Panraven, an online journal service.
I'm Australian, but I've been overseas since June 2001, mostly travelling but also working occasionally in Rome (as a tour guide) and on various sports event news service projects including Athens 2004, Torino 2006, Doha 2006, RWC 2007, Beijing 2008, and Vancouver 2010. I now live in Geneva, Switzerland.
Since 2001 I've travelled in nearly 90 countries on all continents. My favourite countries, in no particular order, are: Egypt, Mexico, India, Italy, Pakistan, Peru, Argentina, Sri Lanka, Spain, Yemen, Morocco, Madagascar, Syria, Ethiopia, Tunisia and, though it's not really a country, Antarctica. My favourite cities are Rome, Damascus, Jerusalem, Constantinople (Istanbul), Paris, Varanasi, Fez, Havana and Valparaiso.
Writing and photography are two of my greatest hobbies. In 2006 I self-published a book documenting my travels in Burma, India and Pakistan with my wonderful fiancee (now wife), Wendy, which you can check out by clicking this link. I also have a travel blog with Boots 'N' All here.
Photography is an on-going challenge that I greatly enjoy. It is one of my favourite aspects of travel - the ability to capture a place, or a moment.
- Cortiletti – Courtyards – Patios P1/C2 1,692 photos, 197 members
- elegance in art, graphics and design 31,838 photos, 309 members
- GREAT PANOS 34,108 photos, 3,328 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 81,528 photos, 4,109 members
- #Sochi2014 1,759 photos, 1,378 members
- Skeleton sliding (sport) 143 photos, 11 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,894 photos, 6,549 members
- Asian cave 亚洲洞穴 10,293 photos, 2,604 members
- 40 000 views 630 photos, 350 members
- Half-timbered Houses 997 photos, 334 members
- Footprint Photo Library Submissions - OPEN TO ALL 2,521 photos, 151 members
- Autumn colors 188,219 photos, 14,005 members
- Fall Into Autumn 124,301 photos, 9,874 members
- Vines and Vineyards 32,586 photos, 4,086 members
- Glaciers, Icefields and Icebergs 20,698 photos, 2,571 members
- Alps 133,808 photos, 7,512 members
- Switzerland 242,214 photos, 10,403 members
- Hope Photo Contest 630 photos, 130 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,290 photos, 22,260 members
- Youth Olympics Photographer Challenge 845 photos, 289 members
- I s t a n b u l 34 39,673 photos, 1,780 members
- Ice is nice! 49,614 photos, 7,483 members
- Destination: Antarctica 12,614 photos, 598 members
- People of North East India 3,087 photos, 200 members
- Torres del Paine 4,927 photos, 449 members
- Paisajes de la Patagonia / Patagonian Landscapes 24,701 photos, 2,235 members
- Argentina Central 38,228 photos, 1,533 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 22,234 photos, 5,762 members
- Made in Soviet Union 14,588 photos, 1,049 members
- Lijiang, China 中国丽江 2,644 photos, 274 members
- China 190,290 photos, 6,432 members
- Beautiful China 200,156 photos, 5,407 members
- Rooftops 6,645 photos, 865 members
- Digital Sports / Photojournalism Photography 201,249 photos, 7,257 members
- Sports Photography 377,543 photos, 27,186 members
- Basketball 63,629 photos, 4,702 members
- Beijing Summer Olympic Games 2008 4,577 photos, 419 members
- North American Birds: Field Guide (Total = 687 Birds) 87,034 photos, 2,959 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 29,814 photos, 6,593 members
- The Great Wall of China 899 photos, 141 members
- 'Views: 15,000 - 20,000 1,151 photos, 496 members
- APF contest is Closed 0 photos, 1,366 members
- Gothic Churches 23,650 photos, 982 members
- Notre-Dame de Paris 6,130 photos, 1,343 members
- Paris 380,186 photos, 46,549 members
- Super Shots - Monthly Contest - Nominate Now 262,021 photos, 40,353 members
- Windmills 29,525 photos, 6,096 members
- Views: 5000 29,322 photos, 5,959 members
- People sitting 13,405 photos, 914 members
- Yemen 6,214 photos, 625 members
Jungle_Boy doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Nick Leonard
- March 2005
- Sydney, Australia
- Geneva, Switzerland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Sports Statistician
- Wanderings: A Travel Journal