ABOUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY
I haven't updated this section for a while, but here is some old news about my photos.
Four of my photos of Paris (Notre Dame, the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower and Saint-Denis) were displayed at the 2007 Rugby World Cup website, but are offline now.
From March 31 until September 9, 2007, this photo from Cartagena was displayed in an exhibition in Manchester called Play: Experience the adventure of our cities. Flickr user FraukeFoto took a photo of my photo.
The summer 2007 edition of 108, an American baseball magazine, is on newsstands now. This edition's pictorial features this photo that I took in Havana, Cuba, in 2005.
Meanwhile, this photo of Shea Stadium is in the new Schmap Guide to New York. While on Schmap, shots of San Giovanni in Laterano and the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina are in the latest Schmap Guide to Rome.
In December 2006, 12 of my photos (including 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) were displayed in the Live Site exhibition on Doha's corniche to coincide with the Asian Games.
Also in December 2006, the Solitaire Pop game (free demo download for PCs) was released, incorporating this picture of the Jaguar Temple at the Maya ruins of Tikal, Guatemala.
Meanwhile, many of my photos make up part of the photo archives at Panraven, an online journal service.
I'm Australian, but I've been overseas since June 2001, mostly travelling but also working occasionally in Rome (as a tour guide) and on various sports event news service projects including Athens 2004, Torino 2006, Doha 2006, RWC 2007, Beijing 2008, and Vancouver 2010. I now live in Geneva, Switzerland.
Since 2001 I've travelled in nearly 90 countries on all continents. My favourite countries, in no particular order, are: Egypt, Mexico, India, Italy, Pakistan, Peru, Argentina, Sri Lanka, Spain, Yemen, Morocco, Madagascar, Syria, Ethiopia, Tunisia and, though it's not really a country, Antarctica. My favourite cities are Rome, Damascus, Jerusalem, Constantinople (Istanbul), Paris, Varanasi, Fez, Havana and Valparaiso.
Writing and photography are two of my greatest hobbies. In 2006 I self-published a book documenting my travels in Burma, India and Pakistan with my wonderful fiancee (now wife), Wendy, which you can check out by clicking this link. I also have a travel blog with Boots 'N' All here.
Photography is an on-going challenge that I greatly enjoy. It is one of my favourite aspects of travel - the ability to capture a place, or a moment.
- Hot Air Balloons World-wide 6,855 photos, 1,146 members
- Just Hot Air Balloons! 9,365 photos, 1,012 members
- Cortiletti – Courtyards – Patios P1/C2 3,151 photos, 310 members
- elegance in art, graphics and design 35,171 photos, 317 members
- GREAT PANOS 46,710 photos, 3,533 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 96,837 photos, 4,238 members
- #Sochi2014 1,770 photos, 1,509 members
- Skeleton sliding (sport) 143 photos, 12 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,835 photos, 6,442 members
- Asian cave 亚洲洞穴 14,575 photos, 2,974 members
- 40 000 views 993 photos, 407 members
- Half-timbered Houses 999 photos, 351 members
- Footprint Photo Library Submissions - OPEN TO ALL 2,526 photos, 155 members
- Autumn colors 201,090 photos, 14,492 members
- Fall Into Autumn 128,581 photos, 9,970 members
- Vines and Vineyards 33,794 photos, 4,217 members
- Glaciers, Icefields and Icebergs 22,300 photos, 2,740 members
- Alps 149,041 photos, 8,040 members
- Switzerland 267,025 photos, 10,996 members
- Hope Photo Contest 630 photos, 130 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,150 photos, 22,059 members
- Youth Olympics Photographer Challenge 845 photos, 291 members
- I s t a n b u l 34 41,498 photos, 1,774 members
- Ice is nice! 51,345 photos, 7,644 members
- Destination: Antarctica 12,985 photos, 629 members
- People of North East India 3,102 photos, 202 members
- Torres del Paine 5,375 photos, 516 members
- Paisajes de la Patagonia / Patagonian Landscapes 26,611 photos, 2,374 members
- Argentina Central 41,708 photos, 1,589 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 22,079 photos, 5,838 members
- Made in Soviet Union 17,684 photos, 1,139 members
- Lijiang, China 中国丽江 2,683 photos, 281 members
- China 201,115 photos, 6,664 members
- Beautiful China 207,511 photos, 5,515 members
- Rooftops 7,378 photos, 933 members
- Digital Sports / Photojournalism Photography 213,427 photos, 7,374 members
- Sports Photography 403,276 photos, 28,237 members
- Basketball 67,848 photos, 4,838 members
- Beijing Summer Olympic Games 2008 4,647 photos, 432 members
- North American Birds: Field Guide (Total = 687 Birds) 103,295 photos, 3,199 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 29,646 photos, 6,574 members
- The Great Wall of China 931 photos, 150 members
- 'Views: 15,000 - 20,000 1,805 photos, 584 members
- APF contest is Closed 0 photos, 1,363 members
- Gothic Churches 26,108 photos, 1,081 members
- Notre-Dame de Paris 6,465 photos, 1,379 members
- Paris 407,031 photos, 48,469 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 273,274 photos, 40,543 members
- Windmills 31,520 photos, 6,357 members
- Views: 5000 44,845 photos, 6,880 members
Jungle_Boy doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Nick Leonard
- March 2005
- Sydney, Australia
- Geneva, Switzerland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Sports Statistician
- Wanderings: A Travel Journal