I am a Gettyimages contributor!
| My Blog | Support My Work | Facebook | Website | Email Me | LinkedIn |
| Twitter | Vimeo | Getty | My Copyrights | My Gear | SMS 0323-***-**** |
A Thermal Power / Mechanical Engineer by profession and an artist by passion. Photography is in my genes and i see myself doing photo-realistic animations in future. Embroidery, science projects, drawing, painting, book reading, 3d rendering, generative modelling etc have been on my list of interest. Still, i love DIY things in daily life. My Graduation and Post Graduation is from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore from 2001-2008. My current research interest are various fields of computer graphics and physics animation. I have worked on CFD modeling of evaporating and non-evaporating fuel sprays under different conditions. Now I am quite busy in 9-to-5 research job in Islamabad, having little time for photography.
My camera and gear didnt come for free, so dont ask for using my pictures without paying me.
I am using GIMP 2.6 on Ubuntu 14.04 at home.
Using PS CS5 on Win 7 64bit for photo editing. (more photo editing tools list soon)
I am using 3ds Max 2011, AutoCAD 2012, Pro E WF5, Ansys 13, Maxwell 2.6, Realflow 5, FORAN v70 and many thousand other latest tools on Win XP 64bit 16 Core 32Gb RAM supercomputing node.
© 2011 Muhammad Junaid Rashid
I actively participate in photo-walks etc arranged by national groups of flickr (including a few i was once an admin). I love to experiment with software, equipment, technique and technology.
If you add me, thank you. Usually i will add you back. If you comment or fave my pictures, i will most likely to return favour. But i like faves, they are harmless and easy just like facebook likes. If you have larger images settings for your profile's first page, you have done most annoying thing on flickr for me. You would find me out of my contacts list when i start clean-up. If my work is included in a gallery you curate, i will be grateful. I have a hard time to list down themes for galleries, if you suggest, i might make some.
The most annoying thing you do is to use unconstrained resize (e.g a stretched buddy icon). I hate that. Its almost like fitting a square peg in a round hole (or rather relevantly, a rectangular peg in a square hole).
Some of my work is presented and protected by Getty Images. While some more is protected by Alamy Images.
All of my images on my flickr stream are copyright managed upon creation, in Unites States of America
I also have copyright protection services from another source on internet (check links above).
Soon, i will also be enjoying additional rights on my pictures in Pakistan as well. So, the editorial staff of tv channels and magazines, newspaper, websites must put an end to abusing my copyrights. If i found you doing so, i will send you an invoice.
People love to steal and use my photos, please dont mess with my rights. Send a request of license by email or consider purchase from Getty Images. Ever searched for DMCA?
This profile and all the text and images presented here is also copyrighted and protected.
Many Thanks for reading my profile.
- #Flickr10 7,406 photos, 4,236 members
- Cherry on top! Photography - Invited images - Post 1 Award 2 91,657 photos, 13,177 members
- From engineer to photographer 36 photos, 8 members
- Moleskinerie 129,717 photos, 23,416 members
- Flickr Autotagging Games 1,755 photos, 48 members
- Samsung NX1 4,692 photos, 204 members
- Pakistan | Heritage, culture, art and craft 1,695 photos, 63 members
- Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD IF 5,597 photos, 612 members
- ON1 57,229 photos, 2,250 members
- Flickr Worldwide Photowalks 23,754 photos, 5,113 members
- Adobe Lightroom 56,530 photos, 26,711 members
- in explore 1,038,655 photos, 84,736 members
- CameraFound.com - Where Lost Cameras Are Found 157 photos, 42 members
- Magic Lantern 12,160 photos, 2,022 members
- Switzerland 315,280 photos, 12,025 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 595 members
- Flickr Friday 40,568 photos, 41,446 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,671 photos, 6,119 members
- Dull Men's Club 482 photos, 41 members
- ISLAMABAD - Scott Kelby's 5th Worldwide photo-walk. 9 photos, 26 members
- Children in Pakistan 2,236 photos, 266 members
- PHOTOS STOLEN 618 photos, 475 members
- NASA Venus Transit Observing Challenge 2,182 photos, 1,233 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,539,737 photos, 119,457 members
- Engineering as Art 129,022 photos, 5,006 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 11,840 photos, 13,147 members
- Recipes to Share 39,169 photos, 21,065 members
- Fave, Fave, Fave! (Post 1, Fave 3) 43,085 photos, 2,110 members
- Worldwide Flickr Friends 35,668 photos, 801 members
- Textures for Layers 14,926 photos, 16,292 members
- COKE IN ARABIC كوكا كولا 23,287 photos, 4,049 members
- Growing The Muslim Beard 410 photos, 173 members
- Press F 0 photos, 3 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 624,670 photos, 45,932 members
- Design my Header 116 photos, 157 members
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM 162,950 photos, 9,776 members
- tianjin 2,869 photos, 262 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 1,366,857 photos, 64,673 members
- Wuhan 2,958 photos, 203 members
- Islamabad 051 1 photo, 8 members
- Wuhan Photographers 武汉摄影者 3,482 photos, 318 members
- Photofocus 87,073 photos, 8,086 members
- HIPSTER 5,579 photos, 643 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,308 members
- Streets of Shanghai 31 photos, 23 members
- China, The Middle Country 中国 321,367 photos, 13,382 members
- Beijing 107,315 photos, 4,363 members
- 上海 Shanghai 136,628 photos, 6,916 members
- Inspiration 2011 2,213 photos, 978 members
- Group ƒ/64 2,556 photos, 183 members
Ganymede Photography says:
"Junaid is a very talented photographer and also a great friend. You can't miss his gallery! He's such a nice artist. Keep up the good work, always!"
December 30th, 2011
"juni's photos take me to a place i may never get to visit. he makes me see the true value of things i take for granted every day. for that, i thank him. i don't believe i have ever seen someone so enthusiastic and persistent about learning photography. thank you, juni...your friend, jenny."
April 7th, 2007
magnificent digestion says:
"“Un-armed and dangerous !”………… no other words can describe EJ…..Imagine the day when he gets the full minimal kit and LIKES to roam free in the in the wild !
So what…..he is young and above all, self-critical. He is in the same depression phase I have faced for a decade. Roam wasn’t built in a day………so EJ is in building phase. We all are, more important to realize that we always are. Life through-the-lens is no different from life itself.
EJ is a thermal engineer……….he is about to develop a camera out of a flat-bed scanner, in fact he has in papers ! Back in early 90s, a doc friend of mine once produced a razor-sharp mirror image of a building on a single 35mm film frame using 50mm lens without double exposing the negative or putting a mirror in front of the lens…….how could he, as he didn’t even know where the double exposure switch was ! He left the camera because he had strong myopia and no view-finder refraction correction aid was available, while stating the reason “I don’t know why the heck photogs use two hands to hold the SLR !” I will not let anything like this to be concluded by EJ now !
EJ you should be engaged a little more in the photography while retaining your technography. It is an extremely rare combination ………….. in fact a mutant one ! ‘Evolution’ is a word meant for masses……… like me !"
April 1st, 2007
- October 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Ship Design Engineer