J.R. Blackwell is a writer, photographer and contortionist who lives in Philadelphia.
Her essay "Evidence of a Baker" was published in the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in March 2006.
Her stories have been published by Aoife's Kiss, Kaleidotrope, Bewildering Stories, Static Movement Magazine, EMG Magazine, HeavyGlow Magazine and in the first Podiobook anthology "Voices: New Media Fiction".
She is one of the founding members of 365tomorrows.com which produces a new piece of science fiction daily.
J.R. has produced the covers to the Anthology "Voices: New Media Fiction" the novel "Playing for Keeps". and the novels "The Case of the Singing Sword" and" Pitchers Pendant", both by Tee Morris.
Her photography has been featured in SubLit Magazine and Flames Rising.
J.R. holds a Masters of Liberal Arts from the University of Pennsylvania.
J.R. Blackwell's Prints are available for purchase here: jrblackwell.livejournal.com/
- Occupy Philly 759 photos, 74 members
- Dorian’s Parlor 2,714 photos, 133 members
- Balticon 44 1,301 photos, 66 members
- The Steampunk World's Fair 5,216 photos, 209 members
- I-95.10 112 photos, 268 members
- in the hive 117 photos, 21 members
- Dan and MA's Wedding 80 photos, 11 members
- An Art Opening 7 photos, 365 members
- Story Telling Photos 32,778 photos, 1,674 members
- Offbeat Bride 23,895 photos, 5,231 members
- Jared & JR's Wedding 287 photos, 18 members
- Flickr 365 85,931 photos, 1,538 members
- Pin up Models 38,148 photos, 7,153 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 490,173 photos, 63,431 members
- black white and red 270 photos, 90 members
- **Brilliant~Eye~Jewels** INVITED PICS ONLY! P1/C2 187,316 photos, 21,876 members
- blur is beautiful! 15,818 photos, 1,251 members
- In Motion - Motion Blurred 40,188 photos, 3,963 members
- tO_gO_reD 1,474 photos, 303 members
- Wild Hair! 3,316 photos, 679 members
- Favorites: 20 71,441 photos, 8,414 members
- Black Dress Woman 847 photos, 381 members
- My Proudest Achievement In Photography (non-video group) 110 photos, 243 members
- VideoGame Life 3,574 photos, 561 members
- Happy Couples 44,854 photos, 9,846 members
- Shakespeare 2,345 photos, 718 members
- Portraiture 850,278 photos, 31,983 members
- A Piece of Me 220,622 photos, 15,919 members
- GirlsWithAttitude 121,457 photos, 8,192 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 29,959 photos, 6,602 members
- I-95.08 26 photos, 131 members
- Witches, Vampires and aliens of all sorts / Sorcières et sorcie 8,754 photos, 1,627 members
- The Guild Of Justice-Minded Citizenry 281 photos, 7 members
- The Best Yellow 11,375 photos, 1,295 members
- The Posing Handbook 208 photos, 996 members
- Clones 17,602 photos, 5,514 members
- Multiplicity 9,863 photos, 2,993 members
- .:Utterly Surreal:. 315,961 photos, 21,999 members
- My Very Own Clone 3,117 photos, 1,142 members
- Gothic / Gothique / Gotico 11,574 photos, 2,354 members
- Women With Weapons 5,032 photos, 2,613 members
- Year End 2007 Limited Edition Photos: One Week ENDING DECEMBER 7 4 photos, 56 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 458,839 photos, 40,154 members
- 365 Days 987,237 photos, 21,636 members
- ManipuFest 364 photos, 342 members
- LARP 4,047 photos, 267 members
- Fairy Tales 40,268 photos, 3,083 members
- Dark ART 219,030 photos, 18,152 members
- Views: 100 916,701 photos, 26,606 members
- Girl Photographers 904,099 photos, 36,905 members
"JR Blackwell is, what I call, an American Renaissance Woman. Photographer, Writer, Model, former Freak Show Performer, an all around Creative Dynamo.
Her flickr only lets you see into the photographer/model part of her artistic life. Do yourself a favor and google her so you can get the rest of the pieces.
In short, she rocks :)"
June 18th, 2008
"JR is an incredibly talented person -- behind or in front of the lens. I always look forward to her new images."
August 22nd, 2007
Katie West! says:
"JR Blackwell is mentioned often when it comes to naming influences. She is brought up quite a bit when we talk of inspirations. I still think it strange that she gets surprised when people recognize her talent. When people want to use her for that talent; whether it be her writing, or her photography, which are both incredible. But it's that very thing fact about her - how humble she is - that makes me love her all the time. How can a woman like her not realize how absolutely wonderful she is?"
April 11th, 2007
Jack Scoresby says:
"If you want to know anything about J.R. Blackwell then I want you to know that she's nothing if not imaginative. Her photos are experiments with her eyes and ours. We get to see the things we don't bother to put together when she gets to work. She's emotion in the most inventive way you can be in everyday life. She's every afternoon of our lives if we just bothered to take everything in."
January 28th, 2007
Kristin Brenemen says:
"This lovely lady is a hidden trove of talents.
Oh, and she's pretty hot too."
May 30th, 2006
- J.R. Blackwell
- March 2006
- Philadelphia, USA
- I am: