J.R. Blackwell is a writer, photographer and contortionist who lives in Philadelphia.
Her essay "Evidence of a Baker" was published in the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in March 2006.
Her stories have been published by Aoife's Kiss, Kaleidotrope, Bewildering Stories, Static Movement Magazine, EMG Magazine, HeavyGlow Magazine and in the first Podiobook anthology "Voices: New Media Fiction".
She is one of the founding members of 365tomorrows.com which produces a new piece of science fiction daily.
J.R. has produced the covers to the Anthology "Voices: New Media Fiction" the novel "Playing for Keeps". and the novels "The Case of the Singing Sword" and" Pitchers Pendant", both by Tee Morris.
Her photography has been featured in SubLit Magazine and Flames Rising.
J.R. holds a Masters of Liberal Arts from the University of Pennsylvania.
J.R. Blackwell's Prints are available for purchase here: jrblackwell.livejournal.com/
- Occupy Philly 753 photos, 75 members
- Dorian’s Parlor 2,707 photos, 133 members
- Balticon 44 1,262 photos, 65 members
- The Steampunk World's Fair 5,083 photos, 203 members
- I-95.10 113 photos, 270 members
- in the hive 117 photos, 21 members
- Legendary Adventurers' Guild 12,324 photos, 699 members
- Dan and MA's Wedding 80 photos, 11 members
- An Art Opening 7 photos, 367 members
- Story Telling Photos 29,170 photos, 1,600 members
- Offbeat Bride 23,667 photos, 5,202 members
- Jared & JR's Wedding 257 photos, 18 members
- Flickr 365 81,673 photos, 1,509 members
- Pin up Models 35,139 photos, 7,040 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 491,473 photos, 63,365 members
- black white and red 284 photos, 88 members
- **Brilliant~Eye~Jewels** INVITED PICS ONLY! P1/C2 184,930 photos, 21,890 members
- blur is beautiful! 14,612 photos, 1,186 members
- In Motion - Motion Blurred 37,893 photos, 3,883 members
- tO_gO_reD 1,524 photos, 303 members
- Wild Hair! 3,194 photos, 663 members
- Favorites: 20 54,732 photos, 7,641 members
- Black Dress Woman 857 photos, 373 members
- My Proudest Achievement In Photography (non-video group) 110 photos, 244 members
- VideoGame Life 3,315 photos, 557 members
- Happy Couples 44,207 photos, 9,699 members
- Shakespeare 2,269 photos, 699 members
- Portraiture 790,657 photos, 30,123 members
- A Piece of Me 213,467 photos, 15,615 members
- GirlsWithAttitude 113,883 photos, 7,910 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 30,189 photos, 6,579 members
- I-95.08 26 photos, 131 members
- Witches, Vampires and aliens of all sorts / Sorcières et sorcie 8,640 photos, 1,601 members
- The Guild Of Justice-Minded Citizenry 281 photos, 7 members
- The Best Yellow 11,063 photos, 1,286 members
- The Posing Handbook 221 photos, 976 members
- Clones 17,673 photos, 5,525 members
- Multiplicity 9,606 photos, 2,984 members
- .:Utterly Surreal:. 321,028 photos, 21,270 members
- My Very Own Clone 3,135 photos, 1,146 members
- Gothic / Gothique / Gotico 11,021 photos, 2,302 members
- Women With Weapons 4,586 photos, 2,569 members
- Year End 2007 Limited Edition Photos: One Week ENDING DECEMBER 7 4 photos, 56 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 441,769 photos, 39,912 members
- 365 Days 993,349 photos, 21,574 members
- ManipuFest 364 photos, 342 members
- LARP 3,816 photos, 254 members
- Fairy Tales 36,639 photos, 2,944 members
- Dark ART 214,215 photos, 17,496 members
- Views: 100 815,770 photos, 23,416 members
"JR Blackwell is, what I call, an American Renaissance Woman. Photographer, Writer, Model, former Freak Show Performer, an all around Creative Dynamo.
Her flickr only lets you see into the photographer/model part of her artistic life. Do yourself a favor and google her so you can get the rest of the pieces.
In short, she rocks :)"
June 18th, 2008
"JR is an incredibly talented person -- behind or in front of the lens. I always look forward to her new images."
August 22nd, 2007
Katie West! says:
"JR Blackwell is mentioned often when it comes to naming influences. She is brought up quite a bit when we talk of inspirations. I still think it strange that she gets surprised when people recognize her talent. When people want to use her for that talent; whether it be her writing, or her photography, which are both incredible. But it's that very thing fact about her - how humble she is - that makes me love her all the time. How can a woman like her not realize how absolutely wonderful she is?"
April 11th, 2007
Jack Scoresby says:
"If you want to know anything about J.R. Blackwell then I want you to know that she's nothing if not imaginative. Her photos are experiments with her eyes and ours. We get to see the things we don't bother to put together when she gets to work. She's emotion in the most inventive way you can be in everyday life. She's every afternoon of our lives if we just bothered to take everything in."
January 28th, 2007
Kristin Brenemen says:
"This lovely lady is a hidden trove of talents.
Oh, and she's pretty hot too."
May 30th, 2006
- J.R. Blackwell
- March 2006
- Philadelphia, USA
- I am: