J.R. Blackwell is a writer, photographer and contortionist who lives in Philadelphia.
Her essay "Evidence of a Baker" was published in the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in March 2006.
Her stories have been published by Aoife's Kiss, Kaleidotrope, Bewildering Stories, Static Movement Magazine, EMG Magazine, HeavyGlow Magazine and in the first Podiobook anthology "Voices: New Media Fiction".
She is one of the founding members of 365tomorrows.com which produces a new piece of science fiction daily.
J.R. has produced the covers to the Anthology "Voices: New Media Fiction" the novel "Playing for Keeps". and the novels "The Case of the Singing Sword" and" Pitchers Pendant", both by Tee Morris.
Her photography has been featured in SubLit Magazine and Flames Rising.
J.R. holds a Masters of Liberal Arts from the University of Pennsylvania.
J.R. Blackwell's Prints are available for purchase here: jrblackwell.livejournal.com/
- Occupy Philly 753 photos, 75 members
- Dorian’s Parlor 2,707 photos, 132 members
- Balticon 44 1,262 photos, 65 members
- The Steampunk World's Fair 5,083 photos, 203 members
- I-95.10 112 photos, 270 members
- in the hive 117 photos, 21 members
- Dan and MA's Wedding 80 photos, 11 members
- An Art Opening 7 photos, 367 members
- Story Telling Photos 30,065 photos, 1,621 members
- Offbeat Bride 23,745 photos, 5,214 members
- Jared & JR's Wedding 257 photos, 18 members
- Flickr 365 83,065 photos, 1,519 members
- Pin up Models 36,034 photos, 7,068 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 491,357 photos, 63,419 members
- black white and red 263 photos, 88 members
- **Brilliant~Eye~Jewels** INVITED PICS ONLY! P1/C2 185,630 photos, 21,895 members
- blur is beautiful! 14,878 photos, 1,193 members
- In Motion - Motion Blurred 38,213 photos, 3,898 members
- tO_gO_reD 1,456 photos, 303 members
- Wild Hair! 3,196 photos, 664 members
- Favorites: 20 59,022 photos, 7,861 members
- Black Dress Woman 855 photos, 374 members
- My Proudest Achievement In Photography (non-video group) 110 photos, 243 members
- VideoGame Life 3,349 photos, 558 members
- Happy Couples 44,309 photos, 9,743 members
- Shakespeare 2,285 photos, 705 members
- Portraiture 807,930 photos, 30,637 members
- A Piece of Me 215,399 photos, 15,707 members
- GirlsWithAttitude 116,705 photos, 7,977 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 30,129 photos, 6,591 members
- I-95.08 26 photos, 131 members
- Witches, Vampires and aliens of all sorts / Sorcières et sorcie 8,681 photos, 1,606 members
- The Guild Of Justice-Minded Citizenry 281 photos, 7 members
- The Best Yellow 11,141 photos, 1,289 members
- The Posing Handbook 220 photos, 984 members
- Clones 17,654 photos, 5,519 members
- Multiplicity 9,714 photos, 2,990 members
- .:Utterly Surreal:. 319,674 photos, 21,504 members
- My Very Own Clone 3,130 photos, 1,146 members
- Gothic / Gothique / Gotico 11,192 photos, 2,308 members
- Women With Weapons 4,693 photos, 2,580 members
- Year End 2007 Limited Edition Photos: One Week ENDING DECEMBER 7 4 photos, 56 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 446,510 photos, 39,992 members
- 365 Days 991,968 photos, 21,573 members
- ManipuFest 364 photos, 342 members
- LARP 3,824 photos, 256 members
- Fairy Tales 37,579 photos, 2,990 members
- Dark ART 214,862 photos, 17,620 members
- Views: 100 834,115 photos, 24,119 members
- Girl Photographers 883,598 photos, 36,198 members
"JR Blackwell is, what I call, an American Renaissance Woman. Photographer, Writer, Model, former Freak Show Performer, an all around Creative Dynamo.
Her flickr only lets you see into the photographer/model part of her artistic life. Do yourself a favor and google her so you can get the rest of the pieces.
In short, she rocks :)"
June 18th, 2008
"JR is an incredibly talented person -- behind or in front of the lens. I always look forward to her new images."
August 22nd, 2007
Katie West! says:
"JR Blackwell is mentioned often when it comes to naming influences. She is brought up quite a bit when we talk of inspirations. I still think it strange that she gets surprised when people recognize her talent. When people want to use her for that talent; whether it be her writing, or her photography, which are both incredible. But it's that very thing fact about her - how humble she is - that makes me love her all the time. How can a woman like her not realize how absolutely wonderful she is?"
April 11th, 2007
Jack Scoresby says:
"If you want to know anything about J.R. Blackwell then I want you to know that she's nothing if not imaginative. Her photos are experiments with her eyes and ours. We get to see the things we don't bother to put together when she gets to work. She's emotion in the most inventive way you can be in everyday life. She's every afternoon of our lives if we just bothered to take everything in."
January 28th, 2007
Kristin Brenemen says:
"This lovely lady is a hidden trove of talents.
Oh, and she's pretty hot too."
May 30th, 2006
- J.R. Blackwell
- March 2006
- Philadelphia, USA
- I am: