J.R. Blackwell is a writer, photographer and contortionist who lives in Philadelphia.
Her essay "Evidence of a Baker" was published in the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in March 2006.
Her stories have been published by Aoife's Kiss, Kaleidotrope, Bewildering Stories, Static Movement Magazine, EMG Magazine, HeavyGlow Magazine and in the first Podiobook anthology "Voices: New Media Fiction".
She is one of the founding members of 365tomorrows.com which produces a new piece of science fiction daily.
J.R. has produced the covers to the Anthology "Voices: New Media Fiction" the novel "Playing for Keeps". and the novels "The Case of the Singing Sword" and" Pitchers Pendant", both by Tee Morris.
Her photography has been featured in SubLit Magazine and Flames Rising.
J.R. holds a Masters of Liberal Arts from the University of Pennsylvania.
J.R. Blackwell's Prints are available for purchase here: jrblackwell.livejournal.com/
- Occupy Philly 753 photos, 75 members
- Dorian’s Parlor 2,707 photos, 132 members
- Balticon 44 1,262 photos, 65 members
- The Steampunk World's Fair 5,083 photos, 203 members
- I-95.10 112 photos, 270 members
- in the hive 117 photos, 21 members
- Dan and MA's Wedding 80 photos, 11 members
- An Art Opening 7 photos, 367 members
- Story Telling Photos 29,682 photos, 1,609 members
- Offbeat Bride 23,703 photos, 5,208 members
- Jared & JR's Wedding 257 photos, 18 members
- Flickr 365 82,597 photos, 1,516 members
- Pin up Models 35,642 photos, 7,054 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 491,680 photos, 63,417 members
- black white and red 276 photos, 88 members
- **Brilliant~Eye~Jewels** INVITED PICS ONLY! P1/C2 185,387 photos, 21,891 members
- blur is beautiful! 14,772 photos, 1,186 members
- In Motion - Motion Blurred 38,073 photos, 3,893 members
- tO_gO_reD 1,529 photos, 303 members
- Wild Hair! 3,234 photos, 665 members
- Favorites: 20 57,400 photos, 7,767 members
- Black Dress Woman 855 photos, 375 members
- My Proudest Achievement In Photography (non-video group) 110 photos, 244 members
- VideoGame Life 3,333 photos, 558 members
- Happy Couples 44,245 photos, 9,729 members
- Shakespeare 2,275 photos, 701 members
- Portraiture 800,884 photos, 30,438 members
- A Piece of Me 214,916 photos, 15,670 members
- GirlsWithAttitude 115,666 photos, 7,955 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 30,146 photos, 6,588 members
- I-95.08 26 photos, 131 members
- Witches, Vampires and aliens of all sorts / Sorcières et sorcie 8,695 photos, 1,605 members
- The Guild Of Justice-Minded Citizenry 281 photos, 7 members
- The Best Yellow 11,106 photos, 1,286 members
- The Posing Handbook 221 photos, 981 members
- Clones 17,672 photos, 5,520 members
- Multiplicity 9,670 photos, 2,988 members
- .:Utterly Surreal:. 320,226 photos, 21,405 members
- My Very Own Clone 3,129 photos, 1,146 members
- Gothic / Gothique / Gotico 11,131 photos, 2,306 members
- Women With Weapons 4,658 photos, 2,573 members
- Year End 2007 Limited Edition Photos: One Week ENDING DECEMBER 7 4 photos, 56 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 444,639 photos, 39,971 members
- 365 Days 992,424 photos, 21,571 members
- ManipuFest 364 photos, 342 members
- LARP 3,817 photos, 254 members
- Fairy Tales 37,232 photos, 2,976 members
- Dark ART 214,973 photos, 17,569 members
- Views: 100 826,087 photos, 23,748 members
- Girl Photographers 880,272 photos, 36,118 members
"JR Blackwell is, what I call, an American Renaissance Woman. Photographer, Writer, Model, former Freak Show Performer, an all around Creative Dynamo.
Her flickr only lets you see into the photographer/model part of her artistic life. Do yourself a favor and google her so you can get the rest of the pieces.
In short, she rocks :)"
June 18th, 2008
"JR is an incredibly talented person -- behind or in front of the lens. I always look forward to her new images."
August 22nd, 2007
Katie West! says:
"JR Blackwell is mentioned often when it comes to naming influences. She is brought up quite a bit when we talk of inspirations. I still think it strange that she gets surprised when people recognize her talent. When people want to use her for that talent; whether it be her writing, or her photography, which are both incredible. But it's that very thing fact about her - how humble she is - that makes me love her all the time. How can a woman like her not realize how absolutely wonderful she is?"
April 11th, 2007
Jack Scoresby says:
"If you want to know anything about J.R. Blackwell then I want you to know that she's nothing if not imaginative. Her photos are experiments with her eyes and ours. We get to see the things we don't bother to put together when she gets to work. She's emotion in the most inventive way you can be in everyday life. She's every afternoon of our lives if we just bothered to take everything in."
January 28th, 2007
Kristin Brenemen says:
"This lovely lady is a hidden trove of talents.
Oh, and she's pretty hot too."
May 30th, 2006
- J.R. Blackwell
- March 2006
- Philadelphia, USA
- I am: