I started taking photos at age 70 and discovered Flickr. 100 000 photos and 12 years later... I love Flickr even more. Thanks all for + 12 million hits, I can hardly believe.
Life is beautiful and so much to do, learn and experience at any age! NEVER TOO LATE.
Believing on learning on line, I created the !AFTERCLASS! a Masterclass in photography in which so many have participated for 60 month and 60 different aspects of photography studied! !afterclass! group, So much wisdom and examples. Any new workshop leader to addd to it? Come, read, add to it your take on our themes.
My French blog Il y a de la vie après 70 ans I wrote in it day by day for 10 years. My English blog has links to my stories voice and videos of my stories and gigs,CompetentComunicator as well as examples I liked to learn from.
A Hungarian, born in Transylvania, I lived in France 45 years.
Arrived from Paris to London in 2008, I am active in Toastmasters Public Speaking clubs, storytelling from my life with Spark London, and lately, Standup comedy (707+ gigs now) I create workshops and coach, of personal storytelling or comedy.
I spend lots of time on Flickr : it is wonderful to meet people from so many places in the world! and a very good place to learn too!
Your encouragements and comments are important to me. But even if no one would look at them, I believe I'll take some more anyway.
I have created the following groups:
First group I created as I like books and to read
people reading group every age, everywhere, and
never too old group to show how many things people do still at our (their) age
strangers no more photos of people we did not know but get to know better, before or after taking their pictures
Having lived from inside the micro-computing revolution from 1979, I discovered two years ago blogging and flickr. I writing diary for 60 years, but making photos I took up only three years ago and I am still learning.
My young ages diary here As a book
With my pictures, I take also try to tell stories.
- ***FLORA *FAUNA *from around the world*** 199,407 photos, 3,651 members
- Impressionist Photography .. 24,353 photos, 999 members
- Traveller's World 900,385 photos, 12,042 members
- Walk The City 12,683 photos, 144 members
- City/Urban Images Worldwide 25,866 photos, 1,980 members
- Blumen, Blumen, Blumen ... Flower, Flower, Flower ... 177,833 photos, 4,335 members
- Yes, i'm a dreamer. 884,561 photos, 18,482 members
- I ♥ TWILIGHT 10,771 photos, 1,578 members
- Momentos para no olvidar 666,065 photos, 9,808 members
- Capitals of the world 256,563 photos, 4,700 members
- London Mornings 147 photos, 4 members
- I Love the Rain 2,785 photos, 723 members
- Ah! The rain... 605 photos, 136 members
- Juste du talent 101,692 photos, 1,747 members
- flickr in full color 1,345,907 photos, 19,289 members
- Oh the Humanity 23,265 photos, 2,340 members
- La passion de la Photo 12,884 photos, 311 members
- Maryland 73,784 photos, 1,524 members
- Masters of creative photography. 131,396 photos, 2,859 members
- Street in Colour (White) 45,718 photos, 2,869 members
- Streets in Colo(u)r 7,662 photos, 5,672 members
- °Faces Of All People° (only Faces) 51,045 photos, 1,969 members
- Flickr Document Videos 677 photos, 38 members
- Mordus de photos de la vie 195,571 photos, 3,141 members
- Mordus de photos Rouge 29,612 photos, 1,548 members
- `Courageous Street Photography 24,658 photos, 1,418 members
- "Les Portraits Du Monde" (Poster 1, Commenter 3, SVP) 15,712 photos, 1,046 members
- Rain Rain Rain 6,562 photos, 461 members
- Things That Matter 2,317 photos, 53 members
- INTERPHOTO * international photography 22,644 photos, 581 members
- COLL. par Impatience_1 *FLEURS*VERDURE*ARBRES*Adm.inv. 62,806 photos, 1,153 members
- Ventanas&Puertas (Windows&Doors) 127,836 photos, 4,659 members
- ᗩᔕ Gooᗪ ᗩᔕ It getᔕ~♥ Can’t cope... sorry. Close 85,529 photos, 4,067 members
- The Dumpster 49,451 photos, 187 members
- We love cameras 657,929 photos, 7,401 members
- THE BEST PICTURES OF REFLECTIONS 106,541 photos, 13,957 members
- 6,000 Views Unlimited 6000 123,567 photos, 6,573 members
- FLOWERS THE BEAUTY OF OUR PLANET - P1/C2 48,354 photos, 3,910 members
- QUINTA FLOWER 88,599 photos, 3,065 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 24,324 photos, 41,861 members
- Your Best Shots 2015 3,981 photos, 219 members
- PARIS, FRANCE ! 108,972 photos, 5,912 members
- Exploring Paris 63,703 photos, 1,604 members
- Photograph is Memory 100,278 photos, 1,590 members
- Snow Porn 4,723 photos, 380 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 735,074 photos, 34,569 members
- The Fog and The Rain 35,255 photos, 3,398 members
- Hungary starts here 83,873 photos, 2,829 members
- Rhapsodic Poems of Homer - NO children please! 183,112 photos, 4,398 members
- Curious Interestingness 159,145 photos, 2,571 members
- Frozen 1 photo, 1 video
- Colours 9 photos
- Mood 9 photos
- Grey can be wonderful 2 photos
- Simple, wonderful 33 photos
- Y aller! 8 photos
- Come with me, walk with me 26 photos
- Stunning, shocking images 31 photos
- Greece etc 5 photos
- My Manuscript Journey 11 photos
- Things as before me 31 photos
- Portraits, special 29 photos
- Pots copains 2 photos
- Mains hands 8 photos
- Art, photographed 18 photos
- Three dimensions 19 photos
- Places, scenery 20 photos
- Seasons weather 8 photos
- Speak to me 17 photos
- Something special! 18 photos
- Street Art from all over the world 8 photos
- Creating an image 3 photos
- Cities all around 8 photos
- Strong Portraits 16 photos
- Reflections 2 photos
- Different Cultures 18 photos
- I would have never thought 15 photos
- self different aspects of us 8 photos
- Something special 16 photos
- Special something 17 photos
- szamosujvar 1 photo
- Elders 3 photos
- Memory 5 photos
- Portraits 13 photos
- Hands 9 photos
- Other places, other cultures 17 photos
- Different 16 photos
- The Special something 14 photos
- Dream dream still... 15 photos
- Me by others 1 photo
- Barack Obama 10 photos
- Children 14 photos
- Red from others 10 photos
- End of year & Christmas 10 photos
- Panoramas 5 photos
- Oxford with Simon 5 photos
- Lloyd from Leeds 17 photos
- Steve Evans 13 photos
- People Reading 19 photos
"I've been following Julie's photo posts and lovely views of the world since about 2006. I am fortunate to have met someone like Julie, even if we are far away from each other and through the magic of pictures."
December 21st, 2012
Brenda Anderson says:
"I've been following Julie on Flickr now for about 10 years! I really enjoy her perspective on life."
January 11th, 2015
"Julie, you make me happy.
I live far away from my friends and family. Possibly as far a human can be in this world. It is easy for me to get bogged down feel alone or alienated. Maybe I am the sensitive type. Never thought so but I realise now. I have to admit I smile and laugh lot lesser than I used to. And at 27 years, the curiosity towards the unknown is waning fast.
But then I see you, and there is hope. The glint in your eyes and the things those eyes see through a lens lift me up. It makes me smile. I don't know you but its what you invoke in me is what i am so thankful to you for. For what its worth, Thank you."
November 1st, 2011
pjsixft ("PJ") says:
" Altho I have only just met Julie here thru' her photos, I know an OLD SOUL when I see one.. and her gift for catching the spirit of faces is awesome. I love her spit and vinegar (as my mother used to call it)... spunk, her gift and her gentleness.
After knowing her here on Flickr for several years... today I am just learning about what she went thru' in her childhood and it brings me such awe and admiration for the elder that she is for me. PJ"
October 23rd, 2010
"You only started taking photos around age 70?!!! I would have thought, with a name like Kertész, you would have been born with a camera around your neck...;-)"
January 4th, 2010
trite shock says:
" Bonne et heureuse annee 2010 !!
Tes photos sont tres belles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
January 1st, 2010
"What an inspiration Julie is! She is a constant learner, as well as a constant encourager! Her !afterclass! group is amazing, and I have enjoyed participating in it so much. Thank you, Julie, for who you are and all you mean to Flickr!"
December 30th, 2008
I found Julie's stream by chance and I am happy that I did. I love seeing Paris and now London through her eyes and learn about Julie's life and the people in it. Julie is amazing! A woman full of spirit, curiosity, appetite for life and courage, very inspirational!!!"
August 29th, 2008
Ranj Niere says:
"Julie70 shares a last name with a famous Hungarian photographer Andor Kertész. But that is not all. M. Kertész was a consummate street photographer with a fine eye for the moment and composition.
So, for that matter is Julie70"
January 19th, 2008
iNancy iMages says:
"Julie loves to explore - people, places, new ideas. Late in life she takes up photography and begins photographing everything around her. At 70 she does a series of self-portraits. She leads several groups, one of them !afterclass!, where we met. She is both stern head master and the playful explorer. I love working with Julie, her fearless exploration with her trusty camera uncovers many unexpected surprises. If Julie can do it, so can I!"
October 13th, 2007
Danièle M. says:
"J'aime beaucoup les photos de Julie - et ses blogues. Mais comment elle trouve le temps de faire tout ça??? J'espère avoir autant d'énergie quand j'aurai le même âge!"
February 11th, 2007
Bête à Bon-Dieu says:
"Ce que je souhaite vieillir comme Julie ! Toujours profiter de la vie et s'amuser. Quelle energie !!"
January 25th, 2007
"Prenez le temps de la connaître, elle en vaut vraiment le coup. C'est "une belle âme"."
October 5th, 2006
Alp Delacroix says:
"Julie show with her photos her vitality and experiencie. For luck I found her photos one day while I surf in Flickr and I fall in love for her way of mind. She´s a excellent women we can learn a lot of things. I wish the best for Julie."
June 1st, 2006
""i will be 50 on 2nd day of march, and i want to continue living like Julie Kertesz who exhibits a spirit with enthusiasm that belies her age, that we tend to think of people in their early 70's.I marvel the way she relishes with strangers. She posted more than 7,500
pictures on flickr which pay tribute to the art of photography. She gaves me the opportunity reflecting myself of what i have done and still to be done as life goes on...""
February 7th, 2006
~My aim is true~ says:
"I had the opportunity to live in Paris for 10 months several years ago, and Julie's photos are like going back every day. She takes pictures of the most beautiful daily things - people, markets, signs - that make Paris what it is. Thank you, Julie.
J'avais l'occasion de passer dix mois a Paris il y a quelques annees, et les photos de Julie me font penser a Paris tous les jours. Elle fait des photos des plus jolis objets quotidiens - les gens, les marches, les signes - qui representent Paris comme elle est. Je vous remercie mille fois, Julie.
NB - Excusez SVP mon francais HORRIBLE."
November 29th, 2005
Jacques C. says:
"Quelle santé Julie, quelle activité ! Tu es une bonne spectatrice du monde, attentive, enthousiaste. Tu regardes tout, tu te souviens de beaucoup de choses, tu partages."
July 29th, 2005
"From my little suburban home in America, I have the wonderful opportunity of seeing life in daily France through Julie's eyes. Her photos of every day life and people are so down to earth it's refreshing! Her photos make you feel comfortable. I always feel like I'm going on a walk with her and chatting while we're taking in the daily life of people and places around us. Her images are a gift to me."
May 27th, 2005
"Julie, j’aime ton dynamisme.
Ton regard tendre, et ta présence.
Merci Julie pour cette leçon de vie"
May 2nd, 2005
"Julie70 celebrates her age as she celebrates life and the living of it. She’s a role-model, though I doubt she realizes it, to people of all ages who desire to lead full and active lives of learning and doing. Just past 70, Julie has more than 1,350 pictures on Flickr, all of which pay tribute to the art of photography, which prompted me to ask her if she were related to the famous Hungarian photographer, Andre Kertesz.
In addition, Julie70 administers the group, People Reading and maintains not one, but two blogs, Il y a de la vie après 70 ans and a journal Histoire d'une stage (1) which addresses her life since age 10. Makes me want to learn French just to read it, though I suspect a very painful experience during the era of the Nazis, then the Communists.
Julie70 exhibits a spirit that belies her age, as we tend to think of people in their 70’s, and I marvel at her enthusiasm, the way in which she relishes meeting strangers and sharing her enthusiasm with them. I will be 67 on 11 May, and when I grow up I want to be just like Julie Kertesz."
April 30th, 2005
- Julie Kertesz
- February 2005
- Cluj, Kolozsvar in Roumania
- London, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Competent Communicator
- kerteszjulika [at] gmail.com