American creative director and user experience designer with over a decade of professional experience working Asia, floating between Tokyo, Japan and Singapore. I chase light and color, finding that "moment" gives me energy and motivation to explore this remarkable world around me.
I never leave home without my camera, much like I never leave without my shoes. Photography has given me a means to express myself in ways I never could through other creative mediums. Through photography I try to weave a loose narrative that tells the tales of my travels and life. It is the story of complete strangers, dark alleys, neon lights, the dim glow of the late hours, and anything else that catches my eye.
If you want to explore my origins, what I have seen and experienced that brought me to where I am, please buy my book of travel photography:
It is only a glimpse of my time these past years and the people, places and events that have directly influenced my style and personality.
If you want to dig deeper, have a look at my photo blog.
For the curious:
Samyang 14mm f2.8 UMC
Voigtländer 20mm F3.5
Sigma 24mm f1.4 ART
Sigma 50mm f1.4 ART
Nikkor 50mm F1.2 ais
Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 af-d
Nikkor 85mm F1.4 af-d
Nikkor 135mm F2.8 ai
I can't reveal how i get "those colors", but I assure you, it's all about unicorns and cheeseburgers and how you tame them.
GENERAL PHOTO USAGE:
If you are interested in high res versions of my photos for print or you want to use them for your web project then please ask and I will be happy to work something out. I am not keen on giving away my photos for free use, that is not fair to me or my friends who are professional photographers who rely on this for a stable income.
If you want a hand with a project, send me a message and lets talk. I LOVE shooting band photos, and will happily trade a few shots for some beer.
Publishers! I aspire to publish of a proper book of my photos one day, please do contact me if you are interested in working me along that road. I am also very keen to hold gallery shows, particularly if it is to benefit a good cause.
**Please do not thieve my photos for use in your ads or strange art projects. Ask first before taking, I will ALWAYS listen.**
*Some of you viewing my photos for the first time may know me by my name, Yoneoka. After marrying Waki, my wonderful wife, I adopted her last name as my own and use it while traveling Asia. In Japan I am legally Yoneoka, although when I return home to America it reverts back to Siegel.
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,186 photos, 80,690 members
- Nikon DC(Defocus Image Control) Lens Users 12,221 photos, 1,651 members
- Food & drinks all over the world 28,871 photos, 1,157 members
- Photography colleges. 5,619 photos, 442 members
- NIKON D750 CLUB 415,699 photos, 13,182 members
- nikon 105mm f1.4E 5,657 photos, 622 members
- World Street Photography! Full Color and Monochrome. 278,505 photos, 5,195 members
- Analog Photography 2,320,717 photos, 52,106 members
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art 23,948 photos, 3,599 members
- Model Republic 80,699 photos, 4,354 members
- Cinematic Reality 6,901 photos, 547 members
- CinemAsia 2,787 photos, 391 members
- Cinema and Photography 150,809 photos, 6,933 members
- CineStillFilm 10,130 photos, 3,016 members
- Portraits / Retratos 313,825 photos, 28,952 members
- Portraits du monde 209,554 photos, 11,144 members
- Portraits f/1.2 - only aperture f/1.2 accepted 1,907 photos, 954 members
- Flickr Korea 57,936 photos, 1,907 members
- Korea Portraits 3,702 photos, 345 members
- Nikon FE2 23,007 photos, 1,667 members
- Korea Images 125,207 photos, 6,571 members
- Seoul Street Photography 10,424 photos, 495 members
- Flickr Social 411,659 photos, 9,819 members
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art 8,949 photos, 1,697 members
- Samyang 66,079 photos, 4,188 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 43,156 photos, 5,182 members
- Thailand Images 256,429 photos, 13,033 members
- Thailand Travel Photo 39,966 photos, 3,190 members
- Nikon -- D810 151,617 photos, 4,168 members
- Hong Kong Images 175,653 photos, 4,485 members
- Singapore Botanic Gardens 4,406 photos, 324 members
- Kassel 6,354 photos, 395 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G 10,410 photos, 1,331 members
- Vietnam Images 172,931 photos, 8,870 members
- Vietnam - Street photography 1,422 photos, 2,219 members
- Street Portraitist 143,192 photos, 4,458 members
- Streets of Asia 11,394 photos, 132 members
- Singapore Food & Beverages 14,257 photos, 791 members
- WKW/ Christopher Doyle 4,242 photos, 373 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 373,312 photos, 23,937 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,690 photos, 6,149 members
- Cake Tourism 1,650 photos, 701 members
- + Toys ( 玩具,おもちゃ ) 601,129 photos, 26,332 members
- Urban Vinyl 12,661 photos, 760 members
- Custom Vinyl Toys 10,306 photos, 1,473 members
- Vinyl Abuse 1,374 photos, 137 members
- Vinyl Toys Trade 1,211 photos, 192 members
- Flâneurs et Flâneuses 338 photos, 486 members
- Pensieri distratti - Thoughts distracted 1,910 photos, 69 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 48 photos, 125 members
"Jon is a great guy, and great photographer. I've had the pleasure of meeting him in Singapore and walking around Chinatown talking shop. His style is very unique and if you get to see him in action you WILL be amazed, unorthodox, and brilliant, photography really is second nature to him."
October 22nd, 2012
"here i go, adding the first testimonial of this great photographer, Yoneoka. indeed he have traveled through a series of evolutions to become what his today as a photographer, a master class night time kind of look with no other flavor than oriental culture today, I'm just talking for me here but that's are some really appealing things for me in kind of photography, Jon has become one of my main point of influence here in flickr, i love the images he create and i hope one day to go there and see the wonders of what Japan, India and Singapoore has to ofer to my eye, brain and heart.
i know Jon Siegel has become what it is because of this kind of life that he shows spread in his photo stream. indeed is something worth to show.
Keep the best moments, Forever."
May 11th, 2012
- Jon Siegel
- December 2008
- Walpole, MA
- Singapore, Singapore
- I am:
- Creative Director / UX Designer
- Jon Siegel