American creative director with over a decade of professional experience working Asia, floating between Tokyo, Japan and Singapore. I chase light and color, finding that "moment" gives me energy and motivation to explore this remarkable world around me.
I never leave home without my camera, much like I never leave without my shoes. Photography has given me a means to express myself in ways I never could through other creative mediums. Through photography I try to weave a loose narrative that tells the tales of my travels and life. It is the story of complete strangers, dark alleys, neon lights, the dim glow of the late hours, and anything else that catches my eye.
If you want to explore my origins, what I have seen and experienced that brought me to where I am, please buy my book of travel photography:
It is only a glimpse of my time these past years and the people, places and events that have directly influenced my style and personality.
If you want to dig deeper, have a look at my photo blog.
For the curious:
Samyang 14mm f2.8 UMC
Voigtländer 20mm F3.5
Sigma 24mm f1.4 ART
Nikkor 50mm F1.2 ais
Nikkor 85mm F1.4 af-d
Nikkor 135mm F2.8 ai
I can't reveal how i get "those colors", but I assure you, it's all about unicorns and cheeseburgers and how you tame them.
GENERAL PHOTO USAGE:
If you are interested in high res versions of my photos for print or you want to use them for your web project then please ask and I will be happy to work something out. I am not keen on giving away my photos for free use, that is not fair to me or my friends who are professional photographers who rely on this for a stable income.
If you want a hand with a project, send me a message and lets talk. I LOVE shooting band photos, and will happily trade a few shots for some beer.
Publishers! I aspire to publish of a proper book of my photos one day, please do contact me if you are interested in working me along that road. I am also very keen to hold gallery shows, particularly if it is to benefit a good cause.
**Please do not thieve my photos for use in your ads or strange art projects. Ask first before taking, I will ALWAYS listen.**
*Some of you viewing my photos for the first time may know me by my name, Yoneoka. After marrying Waki, my wonderful wife, I adopted her last name as my own and use it while traveling Asia. In Japan I am legally Yoneoka, although when I return home to America it reverts back to Siegel.
- World Street Photography! Full Color and Monochrome. 130,914 photos, 3,268 members
- Analog Photography 2,145,754 photos, 48,171 members
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art 15,737 photos, 2,752 members
- Model Republic 70,007 photos, 4,044 members
- Cinematic Reality 4,126 photos, 538 members
- CinemAsia 2,689 photos, 360 members
- Cinema and Photography 119,674 photos, 6,139 members
- CineStillFilm 7,215 photos, 1,832 members
- Portraits / Retratos 150,999 photos, 16,239 members
- Portraits du monde 167,295 photos, 9,711 members
- Portraits f/1.2 - only aperture f/1.2 accepted 1,522 photos, 783 members
- Flickr Korea 47,450 photos, 1,678 members
- Korea Portraits 3,456 photos, 308 members
- Nikon FE2 21,444 photos, 1,476 members
- Korea Images 116,765 photos, 6,336 members
- Seoul Street Photography 7,983 photos, 402 members
- Flickr Social 185,963 photos, 6,113 members
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art 4,780 photos, 1,147 members
- Samyang 48,752 photos, 3,456 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 35,789 photos, 4,524 members
- Thailand Images 230,987 photos, 12,298 members
- Thailand Travel Photo 29,357 photos, 2,580 members
- Nikon -- D810 87,129 photos, 2,996 members
- Hong Kong Images 160,674 photos, 4,094 members
- Singapore Botanic Gardens 4,100 photos, 307 members
- Kassel 4,384 photos, 358 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G 6,719 photos, 981 members
- Vietnam Images 149,864 photos, 7,927 members
- Vietnam - Street photography 1,433 photos, 2,056 members
- Street Portraitist 113,837 photos, 4,074 members
- Streets of Asia 9,933 photos, 134 members
- Singapore Food & Beverages 13,455 photos, 783 members
- WKW/ Christopher Doyle 3,654 photos, 361 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 345,246 photos, 23,808 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,823 photos, 6,420 members
- Cake Tourism 1,263 photos, 669 members
- + Toys ( 玩具,おもちゃ ) 530,357 photos, 25,462 members
- Urban Vinyl 12,202 photos, 767 members
- Custom Vinyl Toys 10,248 photos, 1,494 members
- Vinyl Abuse 1,430 photos, 138 members
- Vinyl Toys Trade 1,192 photos, 195 members
- Flâneurs et Flâneuses 351 photos, 481 members
- Pensieri distratti - Thoughts distracted 1,833 photos, 69 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 49 photos, 123 members
- Nanyang Photography 1,110 photos, 49 members
- Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI-S 1,656 photos, 301 members
- Travel Photography Collective 37,445 photos, 1,067 members
- India Images 428,282 photos, 18,936 members
- Indian wedding photography 2,131 photos, 668 members
- Cosina Voigtländer Color Skopar 20mm f/3.5 5,245 photos, 559 members
"Jon is a great guy, and great photographer. I've had the pleasure of meeting him in Singapore and walking around Chinatown talking shop. His style is very unique and if you get to see him in action you WILL be amazed, unorthodox, and brilliant, photography really is second nature to him."
October 22nd, 2012
"here i go, adding the first testimonial of this great photographer, Yoneoka. indeed he have traveled through a series of evolutions to become what his today as a photographer, a master class night time kind of look with no other flavor than oriental culture today, I'm just talking for me here but that's are some really appealing things for me in kind of photography, Jon has become one of my main point of influence here in flickr, i love the images he create and i hope one day to go there and see the wonders of what Japan, India and Singapoore has to ofer to my eye, brain and heart.
i know Jon Siegel has become what it is because of this kind of life that he shows spread in his photo stream. indeed is something worth to show.
Keep the best moments, Forever."
May 11th, 2012
- Jon Siegel
- December 2008
- Walpole, MA
- Singapore, Singapore
- I am:
- Creative Director / Entrepreneur
- Jon Siegel