American creative director with over a decade of professional experience working Asia, floating between Tokyo, Japan and Singapore. I chase light and color, finding that "moment" gives me energy and motivation to explore this remarkable world around me.
I never leave home without my camera, much like I never leave without my shoes. Photography has given me a means to express myself in ways I never could through other creative mediums. Through photography I try to weave a loose narrative that tells the tales of my travels and life. It is the story of complete strangers, dark alleys, neon lights, the dim glow of the late hours, and anything else that catches my eye.
If you want to explore my origins, what I have seen and experienced that brought me to where I am, please buy my book of travel photography:
It is only a glimpse of my time these past years and the people, places and events that have directly influenced my style and personality.
If you want to dig deeper, have a look at my photo blog.
For the curious:
Samyang 14mm f2.8 UMC
Voigtländer 20mm F3.5
Sigma 24mm f1.4 ART
Nikkor 50mm F1.2 ais
Nikkor 85mm F1.4 af-d
Nikkor 135mm F2.8 ai
I can't reveal how i get "those colors", but I assure you, it's all about unicorns and cheeseburgers and how you tame them.
GENERAL PHOTO USAGE:
If you are interested in high res versions of my photos for print or you want to use them for your web project then please ask and I will be happy to work something out. I am not keen on giving away my photos for free use, that is not fair to me or my friends who are professional photographers who rely on this for a stable income.
If you want a hand with a project, send me a message and lets talk. I LOVE shooting band photos, and will happily trade a few shots for some beer.
Publishers! I aspire to publish of a proper book of my photos one day, please do contact me if you are interested in working me along that road. I am also very keen to hold gallery shows, particularly if it is to benefit a good cause.
**Please do not thieve my photos for use in your ads or strange art projects. Ask first before taking, I will ALWAYS listen.**
*Some of you viewing my photos for the first time may know me by my name, Yoneoka. After marrying Waki, my wonderful wife, I adopted her last name as my own and use it while traveling Asia. In Japan I am legally Yoneoka, although when I return home to America it reverts back to Siegel.
- CineStillFilm 4,033 photos, 1,215 members
- Portraits / Retratos 41,584 photos, 6,429 members
- Portraits du monde 132,544 photos, 8,290 members
- Portraits f/1.2 - exif must be included 1,229 photos, 661 members
- Flickr Korea 39,508 photos, 1,463 members
- Korea Portraits 3,100 photos, 274 members
- Nikon FE2 19,893 photos, 1,355 members
- Korea Images 108,023 photos, 6,029 members
- Seoul Street Photography 4,950 photos, 297 members
- Flickr Social 39,426 photos, 2,146 members
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art 1,190 photos, 510 members
- Samyang 37,143 photos, 2,720 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 27,563 photos, 3,658 members
- Thailand Images 207,684 photos, 11,538 members
- Thailand Travel Photo 21,602 photos, 1,990 members
- Nikon -- D810 37,101 photos, 1,868 members
- Hong Kong Images 144,436 photos, 3,725 members
- Singapore Botanic Gardens 3,967 photos, 296 members
- Kassel 4,016 photos, 336 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G 3,528 photos, 651 members
- Vietnam Images 135,150 photos, 7,262 members
- Vietnam - Street photography 1,451 photos, 1,937 members
- Street Portraitist 87,598 photos, 3,629 members
- Streets of Asia 8,415 photos, 136 members
- Singapore Food & Beverages 12,907 photos, 770 members
- WKW/ Christopher Doyle 3,209 photos, 350 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 312,195 photos, 22,620 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,901 photos, 6,572 members
- Cake Tourism 1,044 photos, 637 members
- + Toys ( 玩具,おもちゃ ) 471,302 photos, 24,524 members
- Urban Vinyl 12,047 photos, 766 members
- Custom Vinyl Toys 10,582 photos, 1,488 members
- Vinyl Abuse 1,369 photos, 133 members
- Vinyl Toys Trade 1,194 photos, 194 members
- Flâneurs et Flâneuses 366 photos, 483 members
- Pensieri distratti - Thoughts distracted 1,544 photos, 68 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 56 photos, 125 members
- Nanyang Photography 1,068 photos, 47 members
- Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI-S 1,346 photos, 224 members
- Travel Photography Collective 25,247 photos, 904 members
- India Images 390,889 photos, 18,292 members
- Indian wedding photography 1,674 photos, 539 members
- Cosina Voigtländer Color Skopar 20mm f/3.5 4,626 photos, 518 members
- Malaysia Images 166,087 photos, 7,665 members
- Malaysia Street Photography 2,506 photos, 1,827 members
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 462,877 photos, 11,735 members
- Food and Drinks creative photography 14,555 photos, 8,146 members
- İstanbul 47,222 photos, 2,791 members
- francexploration 29,402 photos, 906 members
- FONTAINEBLEAU ! 887 photos, 111 members
"Jon is a great guy, and great photographer. I've had the pleasure of meeting him in Singapore and walking around Chinatown talking shop. His style is very unique and if you get to see him in action you WILL be amazed, unorthodox, and brilliant, photography really is second nature to him."
October 22nd, 2012
"here i go, adding the first testimonial of this great photographer, Yoneoka. indeed he have traveled through a series of evolutions to become what his today as a photographer, a master class night time kind of look with no other flavor than oriental culture today, I'm just talking for me here but that's are some really appealing things for me in kind of photography, Jon has become one of my main point of influence here in flickr, i love the images he create and i hope one day to go there and see the wonders of what Japan, India and Singapoore has to ofer to my eye, brain and heart.
i know Jon Siegel has become what it is because of this kind of life that he shows spread in his photo stream. indeed is something worth to show.
Keep the best moments, Forever."
May 11th, 2012
- Jon Siegel
- December 2008
- Walpole, MA
- Singapore, Singapore
- I am:
- Creative Director / Entrepreneur
- Jon Siegel