American creative director with over a decade of professional experience working Asia, floating between Tokyo, Japan and Singapore. I chase light and color, finding that "moment" gives me energy and motivation to explore this remarkable world around me.
I never leave home without my camera, much like I never leave without my shoes. Photography has given me a means to express myself in ways I never could through other creative mediums. Through photography I try to weave a loose narrative that tells the tales of my travels and life. It is the story of complete strangers, dark alleys, neon lights, the dim glow of the late hours, and anything else that catches my eye.
If you want to explore my origins, what I have seen and experienced that brought me to where I am, please buy my book of travel photography:
It is only a glimpse of my time these past years and the people, places and events that have directly influenced my style and personality.
If you want to dig deeper, have a look at my photo blog.
For the curious:
Samyang 14mm f2.8 UMC
Voigtländer 20mm F3.5
Sigma 24mm f1.4 ART
Nikkor 50mm F1.2 ais
Nikkor 85mm F1.4 af-d
Nikkor 135mm F2.8 ai
I can't reveal how i get "those colors", but I assure you, it's all about unicorns and cheeseburgers and how you tame them.
GENERAL PHOTO USAGE:
If you are interested in high res versions of my photos for print or you want to use them for your web project then please ask and I will be happy to work something out. I am not keen on giving away my photos for free use, that is not fair to me or my friends who are professional photographers who rely on this for a stable income.
If you want a hand with a project, send me a message and lets talk. I LOVE shooting band photos, and will happily trade a few shots for some beer.
Publishers! I aspire to publish of a proper book of my photos one day, please do contact me if you are interested in working me along that road. I am also very keen to hold gallery shows, particularly if it is to benefit a good cause.
**Please do not thieve my photos for use in your ads or strange art projects. Ask first before taking, I will ALWAYS listen.**
*Some of you viewing my photos for the first time may know me by my name, Yoneoka. After marrying Waki, my wonderful wife, I adopted her last name as my own and use it while traveling Asia. In Japan I am legally Yoneoka, although when I return home to America it reverts back to Siegel.
- nikon 105mm f1.4E 767 photos, 164 members
- World Street Photography! Full Color and Monochrome. 143,427 photos, 3,458 members
- Analog Photography 2,171,013 photos, 48,542 members
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art 16,489 photos, 2,834 members
- Model Republic 71,575 photos, 4,089 members
- Cinematic Reality 4,397 photos, 543 members
- CinemAsia 2,688 photos, 363 members
- Cinema and Photography 122,498 photos, 6,228 members
- CineStillFilm 6,555 photos, 1,899 members
- Portraits / Retratos 165,324 photos, 17,365 members
- Portraits du monde 170,928 photos, 9,839 members
- Portraits f/1.2 - only aperture f/1.2 accepted 1,562 photos, 796 members
- Flickr Korea 49,068 photos, 1,697 members
- Korea Portraits 3,558 photos, 315 members
- Nikon FE2 21,561 photos, 1,494 members
- Korea Images 117,588 photos, 6,359 members
- Seoul Street Photography 8,085 photos, 412 members
- Flickr Social 204,281 photos, 6,388 members
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art 5,138 photos, 1,196 members
- Samyang 50,236 photos, 3,554 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 36,447 photos, 4,600 members
- Thailand Images 232,635 photos, 12,382 members
- Thailand Travel Photo 30,153 photos, 2,644 members
- Nikon -- D810 92,704 photos, 3,114 members
- Hong Kong Images 161,943 photos, 4,129 members
- Singapore Botanic Gardens 4,112 photos, 307 members
- Kassel 4,449 photos, 362 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G 7,200 photos, 1,006 members
- Vietnam Images 151,491 photos, 8,024 members
- Vietnam - Street photography 1,433 photos, 2,062 members
- Street Portraitist 116,585 photos, 4,104 members
- Streets of Asia 10,093 photos, 134 members
- Singapore Food & Beverages 13,531 photos, 783 members
- WKW/ Christopher Doyle 3,721 photos, 364 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 348,873 photos, 23,909 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,812 photos, 6,397 members
- Cake Tourism 1,333 photos, 671 members
- + Toys ( 玩具,おもちゃ ) 536,391 photos, 25,534 members
- Urban Vinyl 12,260 photos, 768 members
- Custom Vinyl Toys 10,244 photos, 1,492 members
- Vinyl Abuse 1,430 photos, 138 members
- Vinyl Toys Trade 1,192 photos, 195 members
- Flâneurs et Flâneuses 348 photos, 480 members
- Pensieri distratti - Thoughts distracted 1,846 photos, 69 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 49 photos, 123 members
- Nanyang Photography 1,113 photos, 49 members
- Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI-S 1,685 photos, 309 members
- Travel Photography Collective 38,907 photos, 1,091 members
- India Images 431,698 photos, 18,984 members
- Indian wedding photography 2,195 photos, 680 members
"Jon is a great guy, and great photographer. I've had the pleasure of meeting him in Singapore and walking around Chinatown talking shop. His style is very unique and if you get to see him in action you WILL be amazed, unorthodox, and brilliant, photography really is second nature to him."
October 22nd, 2012
"here i go, adding the first testimonial of this great photographer, Yoneoka. indeed he have traveled through a series of evolutions to become what his today as a photographer, a master class night time kind of look with no other flavor than oriental culture today, I'm just talking for me here but that's are some really appealing things for me in kind of photography, Jon has become one of my main point of influence here in flickr, i love the images he create and i hope one day to go there and see the wonders of what Japan, India and Singapoore has to ofer to my eye, brain and heart.
i know Jon Siegel has become what it is because of this kind of life that he shows spread in his photo stream. indeed is something worth to show.
Keep the best moments, Forever."
May 11th, 2012
- Jon Siegel
- December 2008
- Walpole, MA
- Singapore, Singapore
- I am:
- Creative Director / Entrepreneur
- Jon Siegel