Hello and welcome to my corner of the Flickr world!
I've had the great pleasure to have some grand adventures and plenty of less grand but still greatly enjoyable experiences. Generally, my adventures usually involved my terrific friends Sherri, Bob, or Mike, but occasionally other friends show up as well. I've set up this Flickr account to share these opportunities with you.
I am definitely an amateur photographer, and sometimes the quality of the photos reflect this fact. The first photos I posted on this site were shot with a Nikon Coolpix 800 (which met a painful death on a ceramic tile bathroom floor the second day we were in Peru). Then came a progression of Nikon DSLR cameras; the D50, D80, D7000 (which was a real workhorse with the majority of photos here and is now my backup camera), the D750 (which was stolen on a trip to Chile) and my current pride and joy -- a Nikon D500 digital SLR. I also use a now-ancient Canon SD 600 ELPH that serves as a backup camera (or the one I use when I just want to slip a camera into my pocket and not carry the big Nikon around my neck). Eventually, I'll post some pictures of Peru that were taken with my 1970 Minolta SRT 101 film SLR, which was my primary camera for decades and still does excellent work.
About the pictures, I generally don't do prints. Your local camera shop can certainly do a better job of printing these than I can. Take this page along to show that I've given them permission.
These photographs are available for any non-commercial use without permission (folks who wish to use them commercially should contact me; I usually give permission.) Most were taken (or scanned) at approximately 3000 x 2000, regardless of the dimensions of the Flickr photo; ask if you'd like me to replace a specific photograph with a larger copy. I try to respond to those requests promptly.
So click back and enjoy the photos! If you see any that are mislabeled, please let me know. And If you have comments or questions, please send them my way.
Thanks for viewing my photos!
- A NATIONAL PARK 37,399 photos, 1,495 members
- CANALMANIA 46,135 photos, 1,186 members
- Project Weather 628,247 photos, 93,303 members
- The West Virginia State Police 249 photos, 264 members
- Fast Food Chains in the 80's 4 photos, 6 members
- State Police and Highway Patrol 16,066 photos, 431 members
- 20000 VIEWS 5,969 photos, 1,048 members
- 20,000 Photostream Views 19,809 photos, 739 members
- Movie and TV Vehicles and Cars 466 photos, 242 members
- Vintage Fast Food Chains 1,349 photos, 245 members
- Outdoors in Michigan - WKAR 1,792 photos, 81 members
- Over 10000 Views 19,269 photos, 1,899 members
- Views: 10,000 44,940 photos, 6,897 members
- 5000 VIEWS(must have 5,000 views) 14,412 photos, 1,518 members
- Steam Locomotives 193,324 photos, 3,396 members
- Save The Delta Queen! 504 photos, 56 members
- Modern Supercars 82,859 photos, 1,075 members
- Michigan Woods, Water and Nature 56,180 photos, 1,836 members
- Fin and Fender [CLOSE-UPS ONLY!] 4,618 photos, 879 members
- RiverBoats 2,551 photos, 333 members
- Elkhart - Indiana 733 photos, 65 members
- Renaissance Festivals and faires 54,703 photos, 1,940 members
- Studebakers 1,587 photos, 172 members
- Corvairs 1,782 photos, 253 members
- Tired Iron, Antique Farm Equipment 8,875 photos, 393 members
- Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village 6,230 photos, 306 members
- Born Free, Living Free 138,286 photos, 3,069 members
Corvair Owner doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Joe Ross
- August 2005
- A genuine Hoosier
- Lansing, Michigan
- I am: