Hello and welcome to my corner of the Flickr world!
I've had the great pleasure to have some grand adventures and plenty of less grand but still greatly enjoyable experiences. Generally, my adventures usually involved my terrific friends Sherri, Bob, or Mike, but occasionally other friends show up as well. I've set up this Flickr account to share these opportunities with you.
I am definitely an amateur photographer, and sometimes the quality of the photos reflect this fact. Almost all the pictures on this site were shot with a Nikon Coolpix 800 (which met a painful death on a ceramic tile bathroom floor the second day we were in Peru), my current pride and joy -- a Nikon D50 digital SLR, or a Canon SD 600 ELPH that serves as a backup camera (or the one I use when I just want to slip a camera into my pocket and not carry the big Nikon around my neck). Eventually, I'll post some pictures of Peru that were taken with my 1970 Minolta SRT 101 film SLR, which was my primary camera for decades and still does excellent work.
About the pictures, I generally don't do prints. Your local camera shop can certainly do a better job of printing these than I can. Take this page along to show that I've given them permission.
These photographs are available for any non-commercial use without permission (folks who wish to use them commercially should contact me; I usually give permission.) Most were taken (or scanned) at approximately 3000 x 2000, regardless of the dimensions of the Flickr photo; ask if you'd like me to replace a specific photograph with a larger copy. I try to respond to those requests promptly.
So click back and enjoy the photos! If you see any that are mislabeled, please let me know. And If you have comments or questions, please send them my way.
Thanks for viewing my photos!
UPDATE 6/22/2009 -- I've recently upgraded to a Nikon D-80, when the prices dropped as the D-90 took over. Still have the D-50 as a backup. Also, still haven't posted those Peru photos yet!
- CANALMANIA 22,385 photos, 989 members
- Project Weather 556,292 photos, 83,170 members
- The West Virginia State Police 201 photos, 249 members
- Fast Food Chains in the 80's 4 photos, 4 members
- State Police and Highway Patrol 10,394 photos, 401 members
- 20000 VIEWS 2,087 photos, 709 members
- 20,000 Photostream Views 8,840 photos, 574 members
- Movie and TV Vehicles and Cars 483 photos, 231 members
- Vintage Fast Food Chains 1,211 photos, 208 members
- Outdoors in Michigan - WKAR 1,228 photos, 48 members
- Over 10000 Views 4,244 photos, 1,268 members
- Views: 10000 14,825 photos, 4,478 members
- 5000 VIEWS(must have 5,000 views) 2,704 photos, 808 members
- Steam Locomotives 114,519 photos, 2,404 members
- Save The Delta Queen! 519 photos, 53 members
- Modern Supercars 66,797 photos, 954 members
- Michigan Woods, Water and Nature 39,829 photos, 1,497 members
- Fin and Fender [CLOSE-UPS ONLY!] 4,856 photos, 902 members
- RiverBoats 1,912 photos, 272 members
- Elkhart - Indiana 619 photos, 62 members
- Renaissance Festivals and faires 46,728 photos, 1,793 members
- Studebakers 1,143 photos, 141 members
- Corvairs 1,394 photos, 224 members
- Tired Iron, Antique Farm Equipment 7,787 photos, 334 members
- Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village 5,421 photos, 283 members
- Born Free, Living Free 106,736 photos, 2,856 members
Corvair Owner doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Joe Ross
- August 2005
- A genuine Hoosier
- Lansing, Michigan
- I am: