Hello and welcome to my corner of the Flickr world!
I've had the great pleasure to have some grand adventures and plenty of less grand but still greatly enjoyable experiences. Generally, my adventures usually involved my terrific friends Sherri, Bob, or Mike, but occasionally other friends show up as well. I've set up this Flickr account to share these opportunities with you.
I am definitely an amateur photographer, and sometimes the quality of the photos reflect this fact. Almost all the pictures on this site were shot with a Nikon Coolpix 800 (which met a painful death on a ceramic tile bathroom floor the second day we were in Peru), my current pride and joy -- a Nikon D50 digital SLR, or a Canon SD 600 ELPH that serves as a backup camera (or the one I use when I just want to slip a camera into my pocket and not carry the big Nikon around my neck). Eventually, I'll post some pictures of Peru that were taken with my 1970 Minolta SRT 101 film SLR, which was my primary camera for decades and still does excellent work.
About the pictures, I generally don't do prints. Your local camera shop can certainly do a better job of printing these than I can. Take this page along to show that I've given them permission.
These photographs are available for any non-commercial use without permission (folks who wish to use them commercially should contact me; I usually give permission.) Most were taken (or scanned) at approximately 3000 x 2000, regardless of the dimensions of the Flickr photo; ask if you'd like me to replace a specific photograph with a larger copy. I try to respond to those requests promptly.
So click back and enjoy the photos! If you see any that are mislabeled, please let me know. And If you have comments or questions, please send them my way.
Thanks for viewing my photos!
UPDATE 6/22/2009 -- I've recently upgraded to a Nikon D-80, when the prices dropped as the D-90 took over. Still have the D-50 as a backup. Also, still haven't posted those Peru photos yet!
- A NATIONAL PARK 13,740 photos, 1,147 members
- CANALMANIA 34,996 photos, 1,111 members
- Project Weather 640,698 photos, 94,090 members
- The West Virginia State Police 258 photos, 265 members
- Fast Food Chains in the 80's 4 photos, 5 members
- State Police and Highway Patrol 13,631 photos, 416 members
- 20000 VIEWS 4,030 photos, 916 members
- 20,000 Photostream Views 14,499 photos, 687 members
- Movie and TV Vehicles and Cars 482 photos, 242 members
- Vintage Fast Food Chains 1,372 photos, 236 members
- Outdoors in Michigan - WKAR 1,637 photos, 69 members
- Over 10000 Views 12,385 photos, 1,643 members
- Views: 10000 23,537 photos, 5,945 members
- 5000 VIEWS(must have 5,000 views) 8,910 photos, 1,228 members
- Steam Locomotives 153,512 photos, 2,984 members
- Save The Delta Queen! 515 photos, 54 members
- Modern Supercars 77,555 photos, 1,040 members
- Michigan Woods, Water and Nature 48,320 photos, 1,695 members
- Fin and Fender [CLOSE-UPS ONLY!] 4,675 photos, 894 members
- RiverBoats 2,168 photos, 305 members
- Elkhart - Indiana 678 photos, 64 members
- Renaissance Festivals and faires 54,400 photos, 1,872 members
- Studebakers 1,382 photos, 168 members
- Corvairs 1,601 photos, 243 members
- Tired Iron, Antique Farm Equipment 8,346 photos, 362 members
- Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village 5,846 photos, 294 members
- Born Free, Living Free 126,609 photos, 3,013 members
Corvair Owner doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Joe Ross
- August 2005
- A genuine Hoosier
- Lansing, Michigan
- I am: