Hello and welcome to my corner of the Flickr world!
I've had the great pleasure to have some grand adventures and plenty of less grand but still greatly enjoyable experiences. Generally, my adventures usually involved my terrific friends Sherri, Bob, or Mike, but occasionally other friends show up as well. I've set up this Flickr account to share these opportunities with you.
I am definitely an amateur photographer, and sometimes the quality of the photos reflect this fact. Almost all the pictures on this site were shot with a Nikon Coolpix 800 (which met a painful death on a ceramic tile bathroom floor the second day we were in Peru), my current pride and joy -- a Nikon D50 digital SLR, or a Canon SD 600 ELPH that serves as a backup camera (or the one I use when I just want to slip a camera into my pocket and not carry the big Nikon around my neck). Eventually, I'll post some pictures of Peru that were taken with my 1970 Minolta SRT 101 film SLR, which was my primary camera for decades and still does excellent work.
About the pictures, I generally don't do prints. Your local camera shop can certainly do a better job of printing these than I can. Take this page along to show that I've given them permission.
These photographs are available for any non-commercial use without permission (folks who wish to use them commercially should contact me; I usually give permission.) Most were taken (or scanned) at approximately 3000 x 2000, regardless of the dimensions of the Flickr photo; ask if you'd like me to replace a specific photograph with a larger copy. I try to respond to those requests promptly.
So click back and enjoy the photos! If you see any that are mislabeled, please let me know. And If you have comments or questions, please send them my way.
Thanks for viewing my photos!
UPDATE 6/22/2009 -- I've recently upgraded to a Nikon D-80, when the prices dropped as the D-90 took over. Still have the D-50 as a backup. Also, still haven't posted those Peru photos yet!
- CANALMANIA 26,462 photos, 1,035 members
- Project Weather 634,753 photos, 90,784 members
- The West Virginia State Police 217 photos, 254 members
- Fast Food Chains in the 80's 4 photos, 5 members
- State Police and Highway Patrol 11,071 photos, 405 members
- 20000 VIEWS 2,699 photos, 767 members
- 20,000 Photostream Views 10,200 photos, 620 members
- Movie and TV Vehicles and Cars 483 photos, 236 members
- Vintage Fast Food Chains 1,242 photos, 216 members
- Outdoors in Michigan - WKAR 1,418 photos, 53 members
- Over 10000 Views 6,226 photos, 1,361 members
- Views: 10000 16,549 photos, 4,955 members
- 5000 VIEWS(must have 5,000 views) 3,894 photos, 918 members
- Steam Locomotives 123,921 photos, 2,554 members
- Save The Delta Queen! 519 photos, 53 members
- Modern Supercars 70,191 photos, 983 members
- Michigan Woods, Water and Nature 42,211 photos, 1,573 members
- Fin and Fender [CLOSE-UPS ONLY!] 4,844 photos, 902 members
- RiverBoats 2,002 photos, 284 members
- Elkhart - Indiana 641 photos, 63 members
- Renaissance Festivals and faires 50,025 photos, 1,837 members
- Studebakers 1,207 photos, 146 members
- Corvairs 1,473 photos, 232 members
- Tired Iron, Antique Farm Equipment 7,945 photos, 338 members
- Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village 5,565 photos, 289 members
- Born Free, Living Free 112,993 photos, 2,902 members
Corvair Owner doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Joe Ross
- August 2005
- A genuine Hoosier
- Lansing, Michigan
- I am: