Hello and welcome to my corner of the Flickr world!
I've had the great pleasure to have some grand adventures and plenty of less grand but still greatly enjoyable experiences. Generally, my adventures usually involved my terrific friends Sherri, Bob, or Mike, but occasionally other friends show up as well. I've set up this Flickr account to share these opportunities with you.
I am definitely an amateur photographer, and sometimes the quality of the photos reflect this fact. Almost all the pictures on this site were shot with a Nikon Coolpix 800 (which met a painful death on a ceramic tile bathroom floor the second day we were in Peru), my current pride and joy -- a Nikon D50 digital SLR, or a Canon SD 600 ELPH that serves as a backup camera (or the one I use when I just want to slip a camera into my pocket and not carry the big Nikon around my neck). Eventually, I'll post some pictures of Peru that were taken with my 1970 Minolta SRT 101 film SLR, which was my primary camera for decades and still does excellent work.
About the pictures, I generally don't do prints. Your local camera shop can certainly do a better job of printing these than I can. Take this page along to show that I've given them permission.
These photographs are available for any non-commercial use without permission (folks who wish to use them commercially should contact me; I usually give permission.) Most were taken (or scanned) at approximately 3000 x 2000, regardless of the dimensions of the Flickr photo; ask if you'd like me to replace a specific photograph with a larger copy. I try to respond to those requests promptly.
So click back and enjoy the photos! If you see any that are mislabeled, please let me know. And If you have comments or questions, please send them my way.
Thanks for viewing my photos!
UPDATE 6/22/2009 -- I've recently upgraded to a Nikon D-80, when the prices dropped as the D-90 took over. Still have the D-50 as a backup. Also, still haven't posted those Peru photos yet!
- The West Virginia State Police 142 photos, 229 members
- Fast Food Chains in the 80's 245 photos, 4 members
- State Police and Highway Patrol 7,459 photos, 376 members
- 20000 VIEWS 617 photos, 566 members
- 20,000 Photostream Views 7,028 photos, 523 members
- Movie and TV Vehicles and Cars 492 photos, 208 members
- Vintage Fast Food Chains 1,584 photos, 188 members
- Outdoors in Michigan - WKAR 1,085 photos, 41 members
- Over 10000 Views 1,045 photos, 988 members
- Views: 10000 5,927 photos, 3,365 members
- 5000 VIEWS(must have 5,000 views) 957 photos, 558 members
- Steam Locomotives 85,045 photos, 2,043 members
- Save The Delta Queen! 554 photos, 51 members
- Modern Supercars 59,073 photos, 847 members
- Michigan Woods, Water and Nature 32,779 photos, 1,257 members
- Fin and Fender [CLOSE-UPS ONLY!] 4,979 photos, 878 members
- RiverBoats 1,743 photos, 244 members
- Elkhart - Indiana 548 photos, 59 members
- Renaissance Festivals and faires 39,575 photos, 1,708 members
- Studebakers 926 photos, 123 members
- Corvairs 1,309 photos, 203 members
- Tired Iron, Antique Farm Equipment 7,376 photos, 324 members
- Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village 4,795 photos, 273 members
- Born Free, Living Free 92,540 photos, 2,740 members
Corvair Owner doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Joe Ross
- August 2005
- A genuine Hoosier
- Lansing, Michigan
- I am: