Hello and welcome to my corner of the Flickr world!
I've had the great pleasure to have some grand adventures and plenty of less grand but still greatly enjoyable experiences. Generally, my adventures usually involved my terrific friends Sherri, Bob, or Mike, but occasionally other friends show up as well. I've set up this Flickr account to share these opportunities with you.
I am definitely an amateur photographer, and sometimes the quality of the photos reflect this fact. Almost all the pictures on this site were shot with a Nikon Coolpix 800 (which met a painful death on a ceramic tile bathroom floor the second day we were in Peru), my current pride and joy -- a Nikon D50 digital SLR, or a Canon SD 600 ELPH that serves as a backup camera (or the one I use when I just want to slip a camera into my pocket and not carry the big Nikon around my neck). Eventually, I'll post some pictures of Peru that were taken with my 1970 Minolta SRT 101 film SLR, which was my primary camera for decades and still does excellent work.
About the pictures, I generally don't do prints. Your local camera shop can certainly do a better job of printing these than I can. Take this page along to show that I've given them permission.
These photographs are available for any non-commercial use without permission (folks who wish to use them commercially should contact me; I usually give permission.) Most were taken (or scanned) at approximately 3000 x 2000, regardless of the dimensions of the Flickr photo; ask if you'd like me to replace a specific photograph with a larger copy. I try to respond to those requests promptly.
So click back and enjoy the photos! If you see any that are mislabeled, please let me know. And If you have comments or questions, please send them my way.
Thanks for viewing my photos!
UPDATE 6/22/2009 -- I've recently upgraded to a Nikon D-80, when the prices dropped as the D-90 took over. Still have the D-50 as a backup. Also, still haven't posted those Peru photos yet!
- A NATIONAL PARK 9,027 photos, 1,062 members
- CANALMANIA 33,168 photos, 1,106 members
- Project Weather 642,401 photos, 93,964 members
- The West Virginia State Police 256 photos, 264 members
- Fast Food Chains in the 80's 4 photos, 5 members
- State Police and Highway Patrol 12,753 photos, 413 members
- 20000 VIEWS 3,711 photos, 884 members
- 20,000 Photostream Views 13,404 photos, 671 members
- Movie and TV Vehicles and Cars 483 photos, 243 members
- Vintage Fast Food Chains 1,351 photos, 231 members
- Outdoors in Michigan - WKAR 1,643 photos, 65 members
- Over 10000 Views 11,072 photos, 1,583 members
- Views: 10000 26,027 photos, 5,850 members
- 5000 VIEWS(must have 5,000 views) 7,716 photos, 1,168 members
- Steam Locomotives 148,379 photos, 2,917 members
- Save The Delta Queen! 521 photos, 54 members
- Modern Supercars 76,382 photos, 1,026 members
- Michigan Woods, Water and Nature 47,192 photos, 1,684 members
- Fin and Fender [CLOSE-UPS ONLY!] 4,681 photos, 895 members
- RiverBoats 2,145 photos, 300 members
- Elkhart - Indiana 675 photos, 63 members
- Renaissance Festivals and faires 53,850 photos, 1,865 members
- Studebakers 1,351 photos, 159 members
- Corvairs 1,540 photos, 243 members
- Tired Iron, Antique Farm Equipment 8,224 photos, 359 members
- Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village 5,785 photos, 292 members
- Born Free, Living Free 123,437 photos, 2,981 members
Corvair Owner doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Joe Ross
- August 2005
- A genuine Hoosier
- Lansing, Michigan
- I am: