Hello and welcome to my corner of the Flickr world!
I've had the great pleasure to have some grand adventures and plenty of less grand but still greatly enjoyable experiences. Generally, my adventures usually involved my terrific friends Sherri, Bob, or Mike, but occasionally other friends show up as well. I've set up this Flickr account to share these opportunities with you.
I am definitely an amateur photographer, and sometimes the quality of the photos reflect this fact. Almost all the pictures on this site were shot with a Nikon Coolpix 800 (which met a painful death on a ceramic tile bathroom floor the second day we were in Peru), my current pride and joy -- a Nikon D50 digital SLR, or a Canon SD 600 ELPH that serves as a backup camera (or the one I use when I just want to slip a camera into my pocket and not carry the big Nikon around my neck). Eventually, I'll post some pictures of Peru that were taken with my 1970 Minolta SRT 101 film SLR, which was my primary camera for decades and still does excellent work.
About the pictures, I generally don't do prints. Your local camera shop can certainly do a better job of printing these than I can. Take this page along to show that I've given them permission.
These photographs are available for any non-commercial use without permission (folks who wish to use them commercially should contact me; I usually give permission.) Most were taken (or scanned) at approximately 3000 x 2000, regardless of the dimensions of the Flickr photo; ask if you'd like me to replace a specific photograph with a larger copy. I try to respond to those requests promptly.
So click back and enjoy the photos! If you see any that are mislabeled, please let me know. And If you have comments or questions, please send them my way.
Thanks for viewing my photos!
UPDATE 6/22/2009 -- I've recently upgraded to a Nikon D-80, when the prices dropped as the D-90 took over. Still have the D-50 as a backup. Also, still haven't posted those Peru photos yet!
- CANALMANIA 31,339 photos, 1,098 members
- Project Weather 645,068 photos, 93,690 members
- The West Virginia State Police 247 photos, 263 members
- Fast Food Chains in the 80's 4 photos, 5 members
- State Police and Highway Patrol 12,399 photos, 412 members
- 20000 VIEWS 3,221 photos, 851 members
- 20,000 Photostream Views 12,081 photos, 652 members
- Movie and TV Vehicles and Cars 483 photos, 241 members
- Vintage Fast Food Chains 1,339 photos, 227 members
- Outdoors in Michigan - WKAR 1,616 photos, 60 members
- Over 10000 Views 9,810 photos, 1,513 members
- Views: 10000 22,627 photos, 5,632 members
- 5000 VIEWS(must have 5,000 views) 6,729 photos, 1,107 members
- Steam Locomotives 140,982 photos, 2,821 members
- Save The Delta Queen! 521 photos, 54 members
- Modern Supercars 75,440 photos, 1,018 members
- Michigan Woods, Water and Nature 45,733 photos, 1,639 members
- Fin and Fender [CLOSE-UPS ONLY!] 4,684 photos, 894 members
- RiverBoats 2,093 photos, 294 members
- Elkhart - Indiana 664 photos, 63 members
- Renaissance Festivals and faires 51,819 photos, 1,853 members
- Studebakers 1,323 photos, 152 members
- Corvairs 1,520 photos, 238 members
- Tired Iron, Antique Farm Equipment 8,090 photos, 351 members
- Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village 5,762 photos, 292 members
- Born Free, Living Free 120,393 photos, 2,959 members
Corvair Owner doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Joe Ross
- August 2005
- A genuine Hoosier
- Lansing, Michigan
- I am: