and welcome to my Flickr photostream! I hope you enjoy my photos as much as I have enjoyed diving for and taking them. I love diving and observing marine life so much that I began taking photo's to record what I found and share the experience. I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia and the bulk of my diving is done in Port Phillip and Westernport Bays. I love showing people the amazing marine diversity that these southern temperate waters contain as most people including locals don't have a clue of the treasures under the surface here. Please note that although I do try to be accurate when naming the animals and plants I find, I am not a professional taxonomist and if you have any ID corrections I'd be more than happy to hear from you. I go on regular shore dives, mainly on the Mornington Peninsula and can be found most weekends in my underwater photography studio.
Portrait photo of me taken by Cal Mero check-out his awesome photos
At the start I did a fair bit of research looking at what others where using UW and asked a lot of questions on the Dive Oz discussion forums. In Feb 2007 I purchased a point & shoot Fuji E900 in an Ikelite house + Ike' DS125 strobe from Digital Diver in Cairns. I was very happy with results I achieved with that rig and I enjoyed the learning curve it provided me. I've since upgraded to a DSLR, Nikon D90 in a Nexus housing with Inon Z240 strobes and have been using it UW since October 2009.
Since getting a DSLR I have renewed my childhood interest in Birds and native flora & fauna in general. During my surface intervals from diving I go bush-walking and post images of what I see on another Flickr site- JimsWalks.
NB- My images do not belong to The Public Domain. All of my photos are © James Peake, worldwide, All Rights Reserved. Copying, altering, displaying or redistribution of any of these images without written permission from the artist is strictly prohibited. Any infringements of my rights will be rigorously pursued for full compensation with included penalties. Please email me for any inquiries relating to the purchase and/or use of any of my images.
MY WORK HAS VALUE!
Photographers' Rights Group.
I have a selection of some of my finest images and some Calendars available for purchase on RedBubble-
If there is a particular image you'd like to see on Redbubble just let me know & I can upload it for you.
Click the link below- to see a range of my images on Alamy ready for stock use. Please contact me for any images I have on Flickr that you'd like me to upload to Alamy for you.
- Billy the Blowfish 52 photos, 9 members
- GREEN- 35,015 photos, 1,871 members
- Water, water, water 430,142 photos, 18,370 members
- Green or Blue Colors in NATURE 6,484 photos, 1,632 members
- Green is Beautiful 787,092 photos, 88,011 members
- Sea & Ocean ( invite your contacts ) 367,586 photos, 25,331 members
- #1 Nature & Wildlife Photographers Corner 909,911 photos, 13,991 members
- Here's lookin at you 3,028 photos, 280 members
- Melbourne 169,538 photos, 7,631 members
- Photographers' Rights. 223 photos, 3,643 members
- Micro-Nikkor 60mm 2.8 23,024 photos, 1,757 members
- Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S VR Micro Lens 6,375 photos, 3,858 members
- flickr (unofficial) 5,111,918 photos, 109,008 members
- Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye 22,894 photos, 1,588 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,359 photos, 3,746 members
- Australian Geographic 30,675 photos, 1,339 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 1,971,402 photos, 54,874 members
- Gold 32,889 photos, 3,993 members
- Annelida 431 photos, 93 members
- Flatworms 675 photos, 130 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue 15,347 photos, 1,832 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2016 951,877 photos, 88,968 members
- Seahorses, Razorfishes & Pipefishes (Geo -Tag mandatory !!!!!) 1,642 photos, 178 members
- Marine Mammals 30,625 photos, 3,117 members
- Seals and Sea Lions 20,084 photos, 2,885 members
- Eels - Moray, Snake, Garden, Ribbon etc. 2,357 photos, 301 members
- BORN to be WILD 26,046 photos, 2,603 members
- Wilsons Promotory National Park 428 photos, 37 members
- Nikon D90 1,056,545 photos, 37,292 members
- DivePhotoGuide Underwater Photography 39,667 photos, 1,182 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 192,379 photos, 26,256 members
- Water Birds 116,403 photos, 3,970 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,214,652 photos, 34,183 members
- PLANET EARTH UNDERWATER 31,169 photos, 1,023 members
- Wonderful Divers 741 photos, 130 members
- Wilsons Promontory 983 photos, 125 members
- Divine Geometry 1,827 photos, 206 members
- Life Aquatic 71,786 photos, 4,517 members
- Wreck Diving 2,598 photos, 430 members
- * NuDI LoVERS * 6,947 photos, 307 members
- Welcome, Squid Overlords 756 photos, 219 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,574 photos, 4,382 members
- Octopi (the living animal only) 741 photos, 260 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 69,526 photos, 3,662 members
- INTERESTING SHOT ●Add 1 - Award or Invite 3● 14,828 photos, 1,855 members
- Marine life of Port Phillip Bay 735 photos, 43 members
- Mating (No Humans!) 395 photos, 106 members
- Negativity 105 photos, 40 members
- Seahorses underwater 506 photos, 51 members
- FiNS Group 66,055 photos, 1,669 members
Cal Mero says:
"Whilst Jimswims is both a birlliant diver and underwater photographer, he is also a skilled naturalist. Diving with Jim is always a pleasure as he often finds and observes remarkable marine animal behaviour that other divers/photographers simply miss. I can always rely on Jim to I.D the interesting and unique creatures we encounter on our dives.
His photography is always rewarding to view as he has a great ability to turn his encounters with marine animals into memorable and artisitic photos.
Click on the links below to see some of Jim's award winning photos.
After a year of diving with Jim I've found that both my diving and photographic skills have increased remarkable due to Jim's input and constructive criticism.
March 16th, 2008
- James Peake
- February 2007
- Melbourne, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Disability Support.
- My Gallery on Redbubble.
- peakeexperience [at] hotmail.com