and welcome to my Flickr photostream! I hope you enjoy my photos as much as I have enjoyed diving for and taking them. I love diving and observing marine life so much that I began taking photo's to record what I found and share the experience. I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia and the bulk of my diving is done in Port Phillip and Westernport Bays. I love showing people the amazing marine diversity that these southern temperate waters contain as most people including locals don't have a clue of the treasures under the surface here. Please note that although I do try to be accurate when naming the animals and plants I find, I am not a professional taxonomist and if you have any ID corrections I'd be more than happy to hear from you. I go on regular shore dives, mainly on the Mornington Peninsula and can be found most weekends in my underwater photography studio.
Portrait photo of me taken by Cal Mero check-out his awesome photos
At the start I did a fair bit of research looking at what others where using UW and asked a lot of questions on the Dive Oz discussion forums. In Feb 2007 I purchased a point & shoot Fuji E900 in an Ikelite house + Ike' DS125 strobe from Digital Diver in Cairns. I was very happy with results I achieved with that rig and I enjoyed the learning curve it provided me. I've since upgraded to a DSLR, Nikon D90 in a Nexus housing with Inon Z240 strobes and have been using it UW since October 2009.
Since getting a DSLR I have renewed my childhood interest in Birds and native flora & fauna in general. During my surface intervals from diving I go bush-walking and post images of what I see on another Flickr site- JimsWalks.
NB- My images do not belong to The Public Domain. All of my photos are © James Peake, worldwide, All Rights Reserved. Copying, altering, displaying or redistribution of any of these images without written permission from the artist is strictly prohibited. Any infringements of my rights will be rigorously pursued for full compensation with included penalties. Please email me for any inquiries relating to the purchase and/or use of any of my images.
MY WORK HAS VALUE!
Photographers' Rights Group.
I have a selection of some of my finest images and some Calendars available for purchase on RedBubble-
If there is a particular image you'd like to see on Redbubble just let me know & I can upload it for you.
Click the link below-
to see a range of my images on Alamy ready for stock use. Please contact me for any images I have on Flickr that you'd like me to upload to Alamy for you.
- Billy the Blowfish 52 photos, 9 members
- GREEN- 29,232 photos, 1,746 members
- Water, water, water 296,830 photos, 14,795 members
- Green or Blue Colors in NATURE 6,644 photos, 1,606 members
- Green is Beautiful 740,351 photos, 79,963 members
- Sea & Ocean ( invite your contacts ) 309,457 photos, 23,263 members
- #1 Nature & Wildlife Photographers Corner 674,154 photos, 12,116 members
- Here's lookin at you 3,010 photos, 274 members
- Melbourne 162,107 photos, 7,393 members
- Photographers' Rights. 232 photos, 3,645 members
- Micro-Nikkor 60mm 2.8 21,033 photos, 1,643 members
- Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S VR Micro Lens 6,481 photos, 3,572 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,586,927 photos, 97,968 members
- Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye 22,081 photos, 1,532 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,401 photos, 3,642 members
- Australian Geographic 18,096 photos, 1,056 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 1,077,305 photos, 34,080 members
- Gold 26,097 photos, 3,685 members
- Annelida 417 photos, 90 members
- Flatworms 617 photos, 126 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue....... Only Nature Please! 14,241 photos, 1,797 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2015 928,662 photos, 84,336 members
- Seahorses, Razorfishes & Pipefishes (Geo -Tag mandatory !!!!!) 1,520 photos, 163 members
- Marine Mammals 26,777 photos, 2,879 members
- Seals and Sea Lions 17,378 photos, 2,705 members
- Eels - Moray, Snake, Garden, Ribbon etc. 2,206 photos, 292 members
- BORN to be WILD 24,773 photos, 2,432 members
- Wilsons Promotory National Park 421 photos, 36 members
- Nikon D90 1,006,864 photos, 37,035 members
- DivePhotoGuide Underwater Photography 34,597 photos, 1,067 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 179,928 photos, 23,536 members
- Water Birds 89,210 photos, 3,606 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,003,473 photos, 31,872 members
- PLANET EARTH UNDERWATER 26,141 photos, 973 members
- Wonderful Divers 633 photos, 116 members
- Wilsons Promontory 935 photos, 116 members
- Divine Geometry 1,527 photos, 173 members
- Life Aquatic 60,033 photos, 4,165 members
- Wreck Diving 2,390 photos, 367 members
- * NuDI LoVERS * 6,331 photos, 310 members
- Welcome, Squid Overlords 776 photos, 220 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,936 photos, 4,190 members
- Octopi (the living animal only) 574 photos, 254 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 47,312 photos, 3,195 members
- INTERESTING SHOT ●Add 1 - Award or Invite 3● 15,021 photos, 1,857 members
- Marine life of Port Phillip Bay 691 photos, 36 members
- Mating (No Humans!) 381 photos, 94 members
- Negativity 104 photos, 39 members
- Seahorses underwater 376 photos, 45 members
- FiNS Group 61,672 photos, 1,600 members
Cal Mero says:
"Whilst Jimswims is both a birlliant diver and underwater photographer, he is also a skilled naturalist. Diving with Jim is always a pleasure as he often finds and observes remarkable marine animal behaviour that other divers/photographers simply miss. I can always rely on Jim to I.D the interesting and unique creatures we encounter on our dives.
His photography is always rewarding to view as he has a great ability to turn his encounters with marine animals into memorable and artisitic photos.
Click on the links below to see some of Jim's award winning photos.
After a year of diving with Jim I've found that both my diving and photographic skills have increased remarkable due to Jim's input and constructive criticism.
March 16th, 2008
- James Peake
- February 2007
- Melbourne, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Disability Support.
- My Gallery on Redbubble.
- peakeexperience [at] hotmail.com