and welcome to my Flickr photostream! I hope you enjoy my photos as much as I have enjoyed diving for and taking them. I love diving and observing marine life so much that I began taking photo's to record what I found and share the experience. I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia and the bulk of my diving is done in Port Phillip and Westernport Bays. I love showing people the amazing marine diversity that these southern temperate waters contain as most people including locals don't have a clue of the treasures under the surface here. Please note that although I do try to be accurate when naming the animals and plants I find, I am not a professional taxonomist and if you have any ID corrections I'd be more than happy to hear from you. I go on regular shore dives, mainly on the Mornington Peninsula and can be found most weekends in my underwater photography studio.
Portrait photo of me taken by Cal Mero check-out his awesome photos
At the start I did a fair bit of research looking at what others where using UW and asked a lot of questions on the Dive Oz discussion forums. In Feb 2007 I purchased a point & shoot Fuji E900 in an Ikelite house + Ike' DS125 strobe from Digital Diver in Cairns. I was very happy with results I achieved with that rig and I enjoyed the learning curve it provided me. I've since upgraded to a DSLR, Nikon D90 in a Nexus housing with Inon Z240 strobes and have been using it UW since October 2009.
Since getting a DSLR I have renewed my childhood interest in Birds and native flora & fauna in general. During my surface intervals from diving I go bush-walking and post images of what I see on another Flickr site- JimsWalks.
NB- My images do not belong to The Public Domain. All of my photos are © James Peake, worldwide, All Rights Reserved. Copying, altering, displaying or redistribution of any of these images without written permission from the artist is strictly prohibited. Any infringements of my rights will be rigorously pursued for full compensation with included penalties. Please email me for any inquiries relating to the purchase and/or use of any of my images.
MY WORK HAS VALUE!
Photographers' Rights Group.
I have a selection of some of my finest images and some Calendars available for purchase on RedBubble-
If there is a particular image you'd like to see on Redbubble just let me know & I can upload it for you.
Click the link below- to see a range of my images on Alamy ready for stock use. Please contact me for any images I have on Flickr that you'd like me to upload to Alamy for you.
- Billy the Blowfish 52 photos, 9 members
- GREEN- 33,632 photos, 1,853 members
- Water, water, water 397,472 photos, 17,609 members
- Green or Blue Colors in NATURE 6,535 photos, 1,636 members
- Green is Beautiful 776,768 photos, 86,871 members
- Sea & Ocean ( invite your contacts ) 354,010 photos, 24,926 members
- #1 Nature & Wildlife Photographers Corner 851,698 photos, 13,508 members
- Here's lookin at you 3,007 photos, 277 members
- Melbourne 168,455 photos, 7,608 members
- Photographers' Rights. 225 photos, 3,645 members
- Micro-Nikkor 60mm 2.8 22,523 photos, 1,735 members
- Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S VR Micro Lens 6,419 photos, 3,805 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,751,013 photos, 106,060 members
- Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye 22,916 photos, 1,577 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,365 photos, 3,742 members
- Australian Geographic 27,767 photos, 1,279 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 1,749,626 photos, 50,872 members
- Gold 31,145 photos, 3,925 members
- Annelida 420 photos, 91 members
- Flatworms 669 photos, 129 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue....... Only Nature Please! 15,112 photos, 1,818 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2016 949,310 photos, 88,329 members
- Seahorses, Razorfishes & Pipefishes (Geo -Tag mandatory !!!!!) 1,590 photos, 177 members
- Marine Mammals 29,941 photos, 3,073 members
- Seals and Sea Lions 19,275 photos, 2,842 members
- Eels - Moray, Snake, Garden, Ribbon etc. 2,324 photos, 300 members
- BORN to be WILD 25,748 photos, 2,558 members
- Wilsons Promotory National Park 428 photos, 37 members
- Nikon D90 1,048,694 photos, 37,268 members
- DivePhotoGuide Underwater Photography 38,228 photos, 1,149 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 189,141 photos, 26,009 members
- Water Birds 109,134 photos, 3,896 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,165,352 photos, 33,636 members
- PLANET EARTH UNDERWATER 29,734 photos, 1,018 members
- Wonderful Divers 689 photos, 124 members
- Wilsons Promontory 977 photos, 121 members
- Divine Geometry 1,759 photos, 201 members
- Life Aquatic 68,762 photos, 4,454 members
- Wreck Diving 2,577 photos, 415 members
- * NuDI LoVERS * 6,775 photos, 307 members
- Welcome, Squid Overlords 753 photos, 219 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,480 photos, 4,355 members
- Octopi (the living animal only) 712 photos, 260 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 62,576 photos, 3,587 members
- INTERESTING SHOT ●Add 1 - Award or Invite 3● 14,852 photos, 1,858 members
- Marine life of Port Phillip Bay 734 photos, 43 members
- Mating (No Humans!) 385 photos, 104 members
- Negativity 105 photos, 40 members
- Seahorses underwater 484 photos, 51 members
- FiNS Group 65,118 photos, 1,662 members
Cal Mero says:
"Whilst Jimswims is both a birlliant diver and underwater photographer, he is also a skilled naturalist. Diving with Jim is always a pleasure as he often finds and observes remarkable marine animal behaviour that other divers/photographers simply miss. I can always rely on Jim to I.D the interesting and unique creatures we encounter on our dives.
His photography is always rewarding to view as he has a great ability to turn his encounters with marine animals into memorable and artisitic photos.
Click on the links below to see some of Jim's award winning photos.
After a year of diving with Jim I've found that both my diving and photographic skills have increased remarkable due to Jim's input and constructive criticism.
March 16th, 2008
- James Peake
- February 2007
- Melbourne, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Disability Support.
- My Gallery on Redbubble.
- peakeexperience [at] hotmail.com