and welcome to my Flickr photostream! I hope you enjoy my photos as much as I have enjoyed diving for and taking them. I love diving and observing marine life so much that I began taking photo's to record what I found and share the experience. I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia and the bulk of my diving is done in Port Phillip and Westernport Bays. I love showing people the amazing marine diversity that these southern temperate waters contain as most people including locals don't have a clue of the treasures under the surface here. Please note that although I do try to be accurate when naming the animals and plants I find, I am not a professional taxonomist and if you have any ID corrections I'd be more than happy to hear from you. I go on regular shore dives, mainly on the Mornington Peninsula and can be found most weekends in my underwater photography studio.
Portrait photo of me taken by Cal Mero check-out his awesome photos
At the start I did a fair bit of research looking at what others where using UW and asked a lot of questions on the Dive Oz discussion forums. In Feb 2007 I purchased a point & shoot Fuji E900 in an Ikelite house + Ike' DS125 strobe from Digital Diver in Cairns. I was very happy with results I achieved with that rig and I enjoyed the learning curve it provided me. I've since upgraded to a DSLR, Nikon D90 in a Nexus housing with Inon Z240 strobes and have been using it UW since October 2009.
Since getting a DSLR I have renewed my childhood interest in Birds and native flora & fauna in general. During my surface intervals from diving I go bush-walking and post images of what I see on another Flickr site- JimsWalks.
NB- My images do not belong to The Public Domain. All of my photos are © James Peake, worldwide, All Rights Reserved. Copying, altering, displaying or redistribution of any of these images without written permission from the artist is strictly prohibited. Any infringements of my rights will be rigorously pursued for full compensation with included penalties. Please email me for any inquiries relating to the purchase and/or use of any of my images.
MY WORK HAS VALUE!
Photographers' Rights Group.
I have a selection of some of my finest images and some Calendars available for purchase on RedBubble-
If there is a particular image you'd like to see on Redbubble just let me know & I can upload it for you.
Click the link below-
to see a range of my images on Alamy ready for stock use. Please contact me for any images I have on Flickr that you'd like me to upload to Alamy for you.
- GREEN- 27,520 photos, 1,682 members
- Water, water, water 243,015 photos, 13,025 members
- Green or Blue Colors in NATURE 6,657 photos, 1,580 members
- Green is Beautiful 714,813 photos, 73,745 members
- Sea & Ocean ( invite your contacts ) 286,005 photos, 22,059 members
- #1 Nature & Wildlife Photographers Corner 588,129 photos, 11,230 members
- Here's lookin at you 2,924 photos, 258 members
- Melbourne 158,158 photos, 7,257 members
- Photographers' Rights. 234 photos, 3,636 members
- Micro-Nikkor 60mm 2.8 19,885 photos, 1,589 members
- Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S VR Micro Lens 6,490 photos, 3,438 members
- flickr (unofficial) 2,939,080 photos, 92,239 members
- Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye 21,423 photos, 1,506 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,459 photos, 3,565 members
- Australian Geographic 13,210 photos, 884 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 800,069 photos, 21,360 members
- Gold 24,296 photos, 3,603 members
- Annelida 404 photos, 87 members
- Flatworms 573 photos, 115 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue....... Only Nature Please! 13,685 photos, 1,786 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2015 923,607 photos, 81,000 members
- Seahorses, Razorfishes & Pipefishes (Geo -Tag mandatory !!!!!) 1,432 photos, 152 members
- Marine Mammals 25,194 photos, 2,735 members
- Seals and Sea Lions 16,825 photos, 2,624 members
- Eels - Moray, Snake, Garden, Ribbon etc. 2,158 photos, 287 members
- BORN to be WILD 24,796 photos, 2,374 members
- Wilsons Promotory National Park 411 photos, 33 members
- Nikon D90 978,799 photos, 36,845 members
- DivePhotoGuide Underwater Photography 32,323 photos, 1,012 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 173,440 photos, 21,261 members
- Water Birds 81,324 photos, 3,428 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 929,003 photos, 30,816 members
- PLANET EARTH UNDERWATER 24,069 photos, 920 members
- Wonderful Divers 511 photos, 109 members
- Wilsons Promontory 922 photos, 112 members
- Divine Geometry 1,285 photos, 148 members
- Life Aquatic 55,845 photos, 3,989 members
- Wreck Diving 2,240 photos, 345 members
- * NuDI LoVERS * 6,158 photos, 315 members
- Welcome, Squid Overlords 765 photos, 218 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,699 photos, 4,104 members
- Octopi (the living animal only) 526 photos, 249 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 41,482 photos, 3,100 members
- INTERESTING SHOT ●Add 1 - Award or Invite 3● 16,135 photos, 1,865 members
- Marine life of Port Phillip Bay 683 photos, 35 members
- Mating (No Humans!) 366 photos, 89 members
- Negativity 104 photos, 39 members
- Seahorses underwater 324 photos, 40 members
- FiNS Group 59,378 photos, 1,567 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 82,413 photos, 3,173 members
Cal Mero says:
"Whilst Jimswims is both a birlliant diver and underwater photographer, he is also a skilled naturalist. Diving with Jim is always a pleasure as he often finds and observes remarkable marine animal behaviour that other divers/photographers simply miss. I can always rely on Jim to I.D the interesting and unique creatures we encounter on our dives.
His photography is always rewarding to view as he has a great ability to turn his encounters with marine animals into memorable and artisitic photos.
Click on the links below to see some of Jim's award winning photos.
After a year of diving with Jim I've found that both my diving and photographic skills have increased remarkable due to Jim's input and constructive criticism.
March 16th, 2008
- James Peake
- February 2007
- Melbourne, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Disability Support.
- My Gallery on Redbubble.
- peakeexperience [at] hotmail.com