and welcome to my Flickr photostream! I hope you enjoy my photos as much as I have enjoyed diving for and taking them. I love diving and observing marine life so much that I began taking photo's to record what I found and share the experience. I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia and the bulk of my diving is done in Port Phillip and Westernport Bays. I love showing people the amazing marine diversity that these southern temperate waters contain as most people including locals don't have a clue of the treasures under the surface here. Please note that although I do try to be accurate when naming the animals and plants I find, I am not a professional taxonomist and if you have any ID corrections I'd be more than happy to hear from you. I go on regular shore dives, mainly on the Mornington Peninsula and can be found most weekends in my underwater photography studio.
Portrait photo of me taken by Cal Mero check-out his awesome photos
At the start I did a fair bit of research looking at what others where using UW and asked a lot of questions on the Dive Oz discussion forums. In Feb 2007 I purchased a point & shoot Fuji E900 in an Ikelite house + Ike' DS125 strobe from Digital Diver in Cairns. I was very happy with results I achieved with that rig and I enjoyed the learning curve it provided me. I've since upgraded to a DSLR, Nikon D90 in a Nexus housing with Inon Z240 strobes and have been using it UW since October 2009.
Since getting a DSLR I have renewed my childhood interest in Birds and native flora & fauna in general. During my surface intervals from diving I go bush-walking and post images of what I see on another Flickr site- JimsWalks.
NB- My images do not belong to The Public Domain. All of my photos are © James Peake, worldwide, All Rights Reserved. Copying, altering, displaying or redistribution of any of these images without written permission from the artist is strictly prohibited. Any infringements of my rights will be rigorously pursued for full compensation with included penalties. Please email me for any inquiries relating to the purchase and/or use of any of my images.
MY WORK HAS VALUE!
Photographers' Rights Group.
I have a selection of some of my finest images and some Calendars available for purchase on RedBubble-
If there is a particular image you'd like to see on Redbubble just let me know & I can upload it for you.
Click the link below-
to see a range of my images on Alamy ready for stock use. Please contact me for any images I have on Flickr that you'd like me to upload to Alamy for you.
- GREEN- 27,302 photos, 1,679 members
- Water, water, water 234,705 photos, 12,729 members
- Green or Blue Colors in NATURE 6,658 photos, 1,567 members
- Green is Beautiful 712,555 photos, 72,968 members
- Sea & Ocean ( invite your contacts ) 282,339 photos, 21,903 members
- #1 Nature & Wildlife Photographers Corner 577,118 photos, 11,126 members
- Here's lookin at you 2,897 photos, 256 members
- Melbourne 157,161 photos, 7,231 members
- Photographers' Rights. 234 photos, 3,635 members
- Micro-Nikkor 60mm 2.8 19,757 photos, 1,575 members
- Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S VR Micro Lens 6,490 photos, 3,416 members
- flickr (unofficial) 2,840,319 photos, 91,113 members
- Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye 21,299 photos, 1,496 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,467 photos, 3,553 members
- Australian Geographic 12,416 photos, 863 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 777,852 photos, 20,035 members
- Gold 23,961 photos, 3,586 members
- Annelida 403 photos, 86 members
- Flatworms 572 photos, 115 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue....... Only Nature Please! 13,618 photos, 1,785 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2015 926,532 photos, 80,583 members
- Seahorses, Razorfishes & Pipefishes (Geo -Tag mandatory !!!!!) 1,419 photos, 152 members
- Marine Mammals 25,083 photos, 2,724 members
- Seals and Sea Lions 16,471 photos, 2,610 members
- Eels - Moray, Snake, Garden, Ribbon etc. 2,151 photos, 286 members
- BORN to be WILD 24,759 photos, 2,370 members
- Wilsons Promotory National Park 411 photos, 33 members
- Nikon D90 972,689 photos, 36,802 members
- DivePhotoGuide Underwater Photography 32,056 photos, 1,000 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 172,497 photos, 20,939 members
- Water Birds 80,080 photos, 3,397 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 916,901 photos, 30,651 members
- PLANET EARTH UNDERWATER 23,677 photos, 913 members
- Wonderful Divers 493 photos, 108 members
- Wilsons Promontory 915 photos, 110 members
- Divine Geometry 1,253 photos, 148 members
- Life Aquatic 55,139 photos, 3,977 members
- Wreck Diving 2,214 photos, 339 members
- * NuDI LoVERS * 6,122 photos, 315 members
- Welcome, Squid Overlords 763 photos, 217 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,656 photos, 4,096 members
- Octopi (the living animal only) 521 photos, 248 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 40,500 photos, 3,092 members
- INTERESTING SHOT ●Add 1 - Award or Invite 3● 16,135 photos, 1,863 members
- Marine life of Port Phillip Bay 683 photos, 34 members
- Mating (No Humans!) 362 photos, 87 members
- Negativity 104 photos, 39 members
- Seahorses underwater 318 photos, 40 members
- FiNS Group 59,007 photos, 1,561 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 81,753 photos, 3,156 members
Cal Mero says:
"Whilst Jimswims is both a birlliant diver and underwater photographer, he is also a skilled naturalist. Diving with Jim is always a pleasure as he often finds and observes remarkable marine animal behaviour that other divers/photographers simply miss. I can always rely on Jim to I.D the interesting and unique creatures we encounter on our dives.
His photography is always rewarding to view as he has a great ability to turn his encounters with marine animals into memorable and artisitic photos.
Click on the links below to see some of Jim's award winning photos.
After a year of diving with Jim I've found that both my diving and photographic skills have increased remarkable due to Jim's input and constructive criticism.
March 16th, 2008
- James Peake
- February 2007
- Melbourne, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Disability Support.
- My Gallery on Redbubble.
- peakeexperience [at] hotmail.com