and welcome to my Flickr photostream! I hope you enjoy my photos as much as I have enjoyed diving for and taking them. I love diving and observing marine life so much that I began taking photo's to record what I found and share the experience. I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia and the bulk of my diving is done in Port Phillip and Westernport Bays. I love showing people the amazing marine diversity that these southern temperate waters contain as most people including locals don't have a clue of the treasures under the surface here. Please note that although I do try to be accurate when naming the animals and plants I find, I am not a professional taxonomist and if you have any ID corrections I'd be more than happy to hear from you. I go on regular shore dives, mainly on the Mornington Peninsula and can be found most weekends in my underwater photography studio.
Portrait photo of me taken by Cal Mero check-out his awesome photos
At the start I did a fair bit of research looking at what others where using UW and asked a lot of questions on the Dive Oz discussion forums. In Feb 2007 I purchased a point & shoot Fuji E900 in an Ikelite house + Ike' DS125 strobe from Digital Diver in Cairns. I was very happy with results I achieved with that rig and I enjoyed the learning curve it provided me. I've since upgraded to a DSLR, Nikon D90 in a Nexus housing with Inon Z240 strobes and have been using it UW since October 2009.
Since getting a DSLR I have renewed my childhood interest in Birds and native flora & fauna in general. During my surface intervals from diving I go bush-walking and post images of what I see on another Flickr site- JimsWalks.
NB- My images do not belong to The Public Domain. All of my photos are © James Peake, worldwide, All Rights Reserved. Copying, altering, displaying or redistribution of any of these images without written permission from the artist is strictly prohibited. Any infringements of my rights will be rigorously pursued for full compensation with included penalties. Please email me for any inquiries relating to the purchase and/or use of any of my images.
MY WORK HAS VALUE!
Photographers' Rights Group.
I have a selection of some of my finest images and some Calendars available for purchase on RedBubble-
If there is a particular image you'd like to see on Redbubble just let me know & I can upload it for you.
Click the link below-
to see a range of my images on Alamy ready for stock use. Please contact me for any images I have on Flickr that you'd like me to upload to Alamy for you.
- Billy the Blowfish 52 photos, 9 members
- GREEN- 28,884 photos, 1,732 members
- Water, water, water 284,701 photos, 14,409 members
- Green or Blue Colors in NATURE 6,650 photos, 1,603 members
- Green is Beautiful 734,656 photos, 78,910 members
- Sea & Ocean ( invite your contacts ) 304,378 photos, 23,001 members
- #1 Nature & Wildlife Photographers Corner 656,179 photos, 11,942 members
- Here's lookin at you 3,000 photos, 272 members
- Melbourne 161,593 photos, 7,364 members
- Photographers' Rights. 230 photos, 3,650 members
- Micro-Nikkor 60mm 2.8 20,820 photos, 1,630 members
- Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S VR Micro Lens 6,481 photos, 3,547 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,451,590 photos, 96,874 members
- Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye 21,941 photos, 1,524 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,446 photos, 3,639 members
- Australian Geographic 17,156 photos, 1,028 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 1,009,410 photos, 31,642 members
- Gold 25,711 photos, 3,669 members
- Annelida 415 photos, 90 members
- Flatworms 617 photos, 126 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue....... Only Nature Please! 14,151 photos, 1,794 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2015 926,295 photos, 83,673 members
- Seahorses, Razorfishes & Pipefishes (Geo -Tag mandatory !!!!!) 1,508 photos, 163 members
- Marine Mammals 26,401 photos, 2,828 members
- Seals and Sea Lions 17,269 photos, 2,688 members
- Eels - Moray, Snake, Garden, Ribbon etc. 2,195 photos, 291 members
- BORN to be WILD 24,696 photos, 2,414 members
- Wilsons Promotory National Park 420 photos, 36 members
- Nikon D90 1,001,029 photos, 36,991 members
- DivePhotoGuide Underwater Photography 34,115 photos, 1,053 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 178,373 photos, 23,180 members
- Water Birds 87,886 photos, 3,575 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 990,660 photos, 31,693 members
- PLANET EARTH UNDERWATER 25,804 photos, 962 members
- Wonderful Divers 599 photos, 114 members
- Wilsons Promontory 934 photos, 116 members
- Divine Geometry 1,502 photos, 173 members
- Life Aquatic 59,298 photos, 4,122 members
- Wreck Diving 2,354 photos, 361 members
- * NuDI LoVERS * 6,288 photos, 312 members
- Welcome, Squid Overlords 774 photos, 219 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,921 photos, 4,173 members
- Octopi (the living animal only) 569 photos, 253 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 46,088 photos, 3,178 members
- INTERESTING SHOT ●Add 1 - Award or Invite 3● 15,068 photos, 1,859 members
- Marine life of Port Phillip Bay 688 photos, 35 members
- Mating (No Humans!) 381 photos, 94 members
- Negativity 104 photos, 39 members
- Seahorses underwater 355 photos, 44 members
- FiNS Group 61,382 photos, 1,592 members
Cal Mero says:
"Whilst Jimswims is both a birlliant diver and underwater photographer, he is also a skilled naturalist. Diving with Jim is always a pleasure as he often finds and observes remarkable marine animal behaviour that other divers/photographers simply miss. I can always rely on Jim to I.D the interesting and unique creatures we encounter on our dives.
His photography is always rewarding to view as he has a great ability to turn his encounters with marine animals into memorable and artisitic photos.
Click on the links below to see some of Jim's award winning photos.
After a year of diving with Jim I've found that both my diving and photographic skills have increased remarkable due to Jim's input and constructive criticism.
March 16th, 2008
- James Peake
- February 2007
- Melbourne, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Disability Support.
- My Gallery on Redbubble.
- peakeexperience [at] hotmail.com