Well, the designers at Flickrbook® from Yahoo!® have decided to change everybody's profile page, without prior consultation, and without warning.
For some strange reason they think that placing photos of me that others have tagged around the site on my profile is a Good Thing, and don't give me the option of switching this off. Thankfully I don't have a vengeful ex who could abuse this feature, but I wonder how many other users out there have been (and are being) harmed by this change.
They seem to think that My Favorite (sic) photos should also appear on my profile, though they are not my own work, and haven't given me the option of turning them off.
So, my apologies if my Profile says more about other users on Flickrbook® from Yahoo!®, but that seems to be how the current administration want it. Every single day that I use this site, I feel I understand more and more why its founders Stuart Butterfield and Caterina Fake left it. It's sad to see a community which once so coherent being ruined by poor administrative decisions.
I left Fotolog after I felt that its staff were not paying enough attention to its users and I'm now, sadly, getting the same feeling from Flickrbook® from Yahoo!®. I'm starting to look at different photo sharing sites, both in Portuguese and English. If anybody has any suggestions, please drop me a Flickrbook mail.
create your own visited countries map
- Opossums 392 photos, 177 members
- Naturalight 27,652 photos, 1,497 members
- St Monans 947 photos, 39 members
- Cats I love you 41,141 photos, 2,005 members
- I love all cats 6,695 photos, 460 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,011 photos, 21,860 members
- Post-Processing Addicts 61,322 photos, 1,944 members
- Bittersweet 4,595 photos, 304 members
- * Vanishing Points * 212,872 photos, 42,734 members
- Gotta Love a Boston Terrier 9,951 photos, 707 members
- cat criminalz 1,366 photos, 133 members
- Stuff With Six Legs 32,841 photos, 802 members
- Falar de Fotografia 2,403 photos, 165 members
- Imagem Imaculada 206 photos, 21 members
- So your Cat wants a Massage? 763 photos, 142 members
- in loving memory of imapix 133 photos, 147 members
- Dona Isabel 678 photos, 232 members
- The Weimaraner Group 12,710 photos, 861 members
- Weimaraners 17,664 photos, 1,169 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 3,807 photos, 1,507 members
- 10.10.10.10 AM GMT ART project 948 photos, 495 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,937 photos, 1,726 members
- October 10, 2010 1,718 photos, 2,426 members
- Flickr's pets (NO PEOPLE) 34,741 photos, 2,690 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,285 members
- Guardian Datastore 1,704 photos, 1,835 members
- Big Rock Cat's Love, Life, Art 1,557 photos, 72 members
- People with wetsuits that look like seals from the bottom 1,200 photos, 91 members
- Hummingbirds 56,846 photos, 5,532 members
- A message for the new Con/LibDem Coalition Government 158 photos, 145 members
- Red Bull Air Race - Rio de Janeiro/RJ - Brazil 293 photos, 28 members
- MacroChicken (& ostrich) 237 photos, 128 members
- Post 1 leave 3 passive aggressive comments, notes, or tags 9,021 photos, 809 members
- My little brats! 2,040 photos, 323 members
- Free Flickr Flowers ~FFF~ 178,596 photos, 8,537 members
- Class 1 Powerboats 177 photos, 28 members
- I see faces ( Not a Portrait Group ) 10,091 photos, 1,980 members
- Vertoramas 14,648 photos, 1,885 members
- Photo Madness: 2015 anyone? 404 photos, 323 members
- SOOC (Straight Out of the Camera) 197,186 photos, 8,342 members
- Great Photography, in Marc's opinion 236 photos, 1,110 members
- Cover Street 247 photos, 810 members
- FlickrCentral Brasil 112,368 photos, 5,069 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,335 members
- SOS Haiti 1,597 photos, 380 members
- Downtown Dormancy 1,155 photos, 176 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 14,895 photos, 18,336 members
- Siamese Cats and their Feline Brothers (CLOSED GROUP) 114,449 photos, 9,716 members
- Cats - Show off your cat(s) ~ NEW icon,invite,award codes 93,746 photos, 9,170 members
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 129,958 photos, 2,689 members
"I keep trying not to look at Jim's stream, on account of his deeply upsetting subject matter, so I suppose it's a tribute to his excellence as a photographer that I'm prepared to brave his frightening cat shots in order not to miss his wonderful portrayals of Rio and the other places he visits. There are also some fabulous portraits in his stream, and that impossible shot of the smoking stunt plane is for my money the best action photo that's ever appeared on Flickr. He's one of our finest, and though I shall bitterly regret writing this, I think he once posted a cat shot I liked, as well."
February 1st, 2009
Kristina J. says:
"I've been following Jim's work from early fotolog days and he has been inspiring me and awing me with his photos ever since.
Mind you, it helps that the bugger lives in hotter, more photogenic country than I do. :P"
May 1st, 2007
"I seem to have known Jim here for ever. Although transplanted to a different culture and climate, he still seems to retain a peculiarly gritty and dry wit that could only have originated in the rain-drenched North of the ould sod.
As a photographer, he's one of those versatile buggers who can do landscapes, portraits, macros and urban stuff with equal facility and style. A jack of all trades and master of most of them too."
December 10th, 2006
sous les pavés, la plage says:
"Without doubt, Jim is one of those very rare persons that manage to elevate the very common "torch lit cat hunts bug on flower in dramatic storms" shot into a true work of art.
Before you set sail and take course to his stream, let me just very quickly tell you that he is topless all the time - I believe it will add to your viewing pleasure."
March 9th, 2006
"Jim's personality somehow really shines through in his thoughtful photos. His thoughtful commentary that is given unequivically to all that ask truly is an example to all, and is a great example of his desire to serve photography and enthusiasts. Enjoy his photos, then go to deleteme and enjoy his sharp mind. You won't regret it."
October 1st, 2005
"I'm constantly impressed by the insightful, intelligent and reasoned comments that Jim makes. I consider him to be one of the most valuable assets of the Deleteme group! His photostream is also interesting and very diverse, as Jim seems to be well travelled and very interested in the world around him."
September 9th, 2005
"At DeleteMe (that highly controversial and nasty group of critics), I learned that Jim was always unfailingly kind, constructive, and quite brilliantly accurate with all of his critical commentary. Browsing through Jim's photostream, I learned that Jim is a brilliant and, more unusually, an incredibly diverse photographer. He not only captures landscapes and macros well, but does an excellent job on abstracts and the odd photo of his cat. One wonders how that's possible, but he does it."
September 8th, 2005
"When I grow up I want to be like Jim."
July 9th, 2005
Kalense Kid says:
"Jim is truly one of the greats in flickr. His wise and witty comments are inevitably accurate, and I have rapidly come to regard him as an authority with a keen and critical eye. His own photos are interesting and thoughtful.
Of course, this all makes his inexplicable love of Lomo even more puzzling...
But despite this odd quirk, Jim is a person I would really like to meet one day."
July 7th, 2005
First Contact says:
"I met Jim in the controversial "deleteme!" group. His wise @rse, but mostly witty, comments didn't go unnoticed. I was forced to view his photos while dutifully casting votes, but I'm glad for it! This is how I discovered his photostream which contains tonnes of amazing photos. Go and see for youselves!"
June 20th, 2005
- Jim Skea
- October 2004
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- I am: