I'm a Third generation journalist born and raised in Broken Bow, Nebraska. Back then it was an hour to the nearest stoplight or to the nearest McDonalds. But you knew everyone, and they knew you.
Growing up in a publishing family, I had two darkrooms to use! I've been published in sports, news, wildlife, landscapes, and social events.
I was introduced to digital images working as a graphic artist/pre-press in Chicago. Some of the clients were models, agencies, fashion designers, and high-dollar auction houses. I even worked on most of the small newspapers of the area no matter what their language.
Migrated to Tucson a few years back. I enjoy the desert life. Been using Photoshop since the early 80s and here in Tucson I've been experimenting with photography. I love it!
Please feel free to contact me regarding your photographic needs.
Photos of Jim Purcell (5)
- Wild Birds, Animals, Insects, Flowers and Beautiful Landscapes 341 photos, 49 members
- Rocket stoves 66 photos, 33 members
- HTML Code Writing on Flickr 6,784 photos, 731 members
- Master of photoshop 402 photos, 265 members
- FIELD GUIDE OF BIRDS 28,020 photos, 541 members
- in explore 177,018 photos, 12,253 members
- Fotodiox Pro 880 photos, 327 members
- Pentax Medium Format 645 / 67 (Cropping Allowed) 5,404 photos, 332 members
- Pentax España 5,637 photos, 188 members
- Pentax Greece 1,007 photos, 59 members
- PentaxOnline 2,589 photos, 161 members
- HDR - Portraits 2,444 photos, 428 members
- Flickr's FAV : 50 1,873 photos, 274 members
- What's In Your Bag? [but NOT camera bags] 12,822 photos, 29,181 members
- HDR Churches 12,774 photos, 979 members
- Reid Park Zoo 111 photos, 15 members
- Lifehacker Workspace Show and Tell 9,973 photos, 9,094 members
- Light Stalking 42,225 photos, 2,575 members
- Digital Photography School 264,606 photos, 17,234 members
- Geotagged: Arizona 1,207 photos, 47 members
- American architecture 513 photos, 36 members
- Holy Buildings 2,385 photos, 40 members
- HDR Cemeteries 5,458 photos, 468 members
- U.S. National Natural Landmarks 161 photos, 33 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,877 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 427,661 photos, 103,423 members
- Baja California Sur, Mexico 3,028 photos, 249 members
- Arizona Architecture 3,257 photos, 219 members
- Hot for Hibiscus 3,946 photos, 500 members
- Studio Lighting On A Budget or Not. 9,614 photos, 1,584 members
- Pentax SMC DA* 55mm 1.4 SDM 2,775 photos, 209 members
- Restaurants, Lounges, Bars, Taverns, Cafes, Pubs & Employees 91,212 photos, 7,184 members
- SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, ARIZONA 588 photos, 3 members
- Banking in Photos / banking on photos 5,997 photos, 378 members
- Mosques and Minarets 43,253 photos, 6,057 members
- Macro Photography 320,101 photos, 37,191 members
- Your Preferred Picture **WELCOME! ** 40,007 photos, 1,441 members
- Pentax Zooms 11,841 photos, 203 members
- Pentax Primes 29,625 photos, 995 members
- arizona urban explorers 1,380 photos, 127 members
- Team Pentax DSLR 39,876 photos, 698 members
- Flickr's FAV : 70 1,620 photos, 157 members
- Favorites: 70 4,489 photos, 1,961 members
- All of Arizona Photography 4,856 photos, 84 members
- MODEL FOR A DAY (NO SELFPORTRAIT) 61,969 photos, 5,496 members
- ***MACRO NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY INTERNATIONAL*** (p1/a1) 14,511 photos, 1,249 members
- Out Of Bounds (OOB) Creations 13,435 photos, 2,921 members
- National Register of Historic Places 44,658 photos, 847 members
- * making planets * 8,676 photos, 1,551 members
- Miniplanetas 2,609 photos, 397 members
David Mor says:
"Jim is on a continous search after the most striking processing. His work, or better say, footprints along the journey is always striking, refreshing and obviously surprising."
19th November, 2011
"I've only recently come to 'know' Jim via Flickr and I have to say he is a very kind and generous person. He has been very patient in answering some questions I've had. And if you check out his galleries you'll see a tremendous talent as well. He makes beautiful pictures which he shares with the rest of us...
If I am ever in Tuscon I think I owe him and his lovely a nice lunch at In-n-Out (check his gallery to get that bit of a joke.. :D) that is if I don't melt driving through AZ. ;)"
20th June, 2011
- January 2006
- Broken Bow, NE
- I am:
- Male and Taken