Thanks for being curious enough to visit my profile.
The pictures posted here are downsized from the high-res versions. Information on licensing high-res versions or purchasing prints is on my personal page. I do occasionally license my pictures for free but only upon email request. So if you'd like to use a shot for free, check my licensing page above.
If you find a picture of you,
and you're an individual, you'll probably be able to get the high-res image for free. Just contact me via Flickrmail or use the email at the bottom of my web page.
So, about me...
I'm a professional speaker specializing in training on sales and use taxes. I also enjoy photography and do classes on that as well. I have been fortunate to work all over the USA (all 50 states), so I have had the opportunity to take pictures in many places.
I used to wield a camera when I was about seven through my mid-twenties. Then I got tired of taking pictures, paying for processing, and just keeping the pictures in boxes. But when I saw a picture a friend had taken with a digital camera in late 2002, I got back into it - buying a Sony Cybershot DSC 717. I was addicted again.
I moved up to Nikon in 2005 and now own a D7000, D90, speedlights, and assorted equipage. I'm not going to list it all because, for the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would care. I joined Flickr in 2005 and now I definitely don't have to keep my photos in boxes anymore!
I've started a few groups here on Flickr, but my favorite, and one I encourage you to join if you're in the western suburbs of Chicago, is West Suburban Chicago Flickrers
I would appreciate it if you'd refrain from posting graphics in the comments unless it's relevant to the thread.. I'll probably delete it. I appreciate the thought, but I don't want to look at that graphic every time I look at my own picture.
Go crazy with invitations if you're an admin for the group and you use the group invitation option under "actions." That's the easiest way to invite a picture, and it is the easiest for me. I'm probably not going to want to join the group.
I will usually submit a picture to a topic specific group. But I won't submit a picture to a general group, particularly one that requires commenting or faving.
If your comment is pretty much nothing more than a promotion of your own pictures or a web site, I'll probably delete it. And block you.
If you fave a picture of a person, I'll look at your faves. If you clearly have some weird fetish, I'll block you. I don't have a problem with whatever you're into, just don't involve my subjects.
If you're using a favebot or if you simply fave my pictures indiscriminately, don't. If you fave a lot of my shots, I'll look at your faves. If I can't even find my pictures because you've faved so many in the sad and desperate hunt for reciprocal faves, you'll be blocked.
On the other hand, if you fave my pictures...thanks! It's appreciated.
Do not mock the people in my photographs. That's my job.
Thanks for stopping by
Thanks for viewing my photos. All those comments, views and favorites make me feel all warm and fuzzy. I'm glad you enjoy them.
My current "disposable" email address is at the very bottom of my personal page
Blog - with my best pictures
Jim Frazier Photography Facebook page
My alternate Flickr account for event proofs, and other archives.
- Chicago Straight Street Photography 1,861 photos, 129 members
- Zombies, Zombies, Zombies! 40,207 photos, 3,820 members
- Zombie March Chicago 891 photos, 75 members
- Effected Cameras 27,465 photos, 2,228 members
- Cars from the Past: Classic Cars 592,047 photos, 15,778 members
- Missouri Botanical Garden 12,168 photos, 717 members
- ChicagoBotanicGarden 12,135 photos, 571 members
- Renaissance 31,048 photos, 1,182 members
- Out of Chicago 9,751 photos, 385 members
- !Catchy Colors 3,972,628 photos, 154,853 members
- People Taking Pictures Using an iPad (or Tablet) 38 photos, 5 members
- Buildings/Architecture 1,145,777 photos, 41,603 members
- Train Stations 64,345 photos, 4,988 members
- National Register of Historic Places 51,003 photos, 931 members
- Renaissance "Faire Ladys" 17,484 photos, 544 members
- We Like Guns 16,852 photos, 3,987 members
- walls 31,407 photos, 1,786 members
- Cantigny Kelby Worldwide Photowalk on 10/5/13 189 photos, 20 members
- steampunk 23,916 photos, 3,478 members
- Samsung Galaxy S3 16,502 photos, 1,546 members
- Saint Charles Park District Illinois 373 photos, 13 members
- Chicago Botanic Garden 11,822 photos, 554 members
- NIKON D7000 CAFE 538,671 photos, 14,555 members
- Flickr Addicts 7,089,841 photos, 103,164 members
- FLOWERS 1,274,741 photos, 100,502 members
- Flower Photography 832,795 photos, 34,545 members
- Anachronism 147 photos, 38 members
- Ye Olde Cellular Network 151 photos, 32 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 684,546 photos, 27,390 members
- Nikon D7000 157,468 photos, 4,798 members
- Aviation Photography Group 345,586 photos, 2,456 members
- Military Trucks 9,281 photos, 535 members
- Bumper Stickers and Car Decorations 3,003 photos, 431 members
- Military Aviation Photography 189,269 photos, 8,107 members
- Kline Creek Farm 614 photos, 44 members
- Religious Photos 87,975 photos, 5,201 members
- Religious Art 9,737 photos, 826 members
- Humor 40,026 photos, 2,956 members
- Funny Ha Ha! 133,661 photos, 11,681 members
- Churches, Chapels, Domes, Mosques, Temples, Shrines and Monaster 586,903 photos, 20,723 members
- Travel Photography 3,344,152 photos, 119,048 members
- The Revolution Flickred 1775-1783 5,886 photos, 598 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 176,438 photos, 17,710 members
- trains 345,643 photos, 11,104 members
- Renaissance Festivals and faires 50,010 photos, 1,836 members
- 360° Video 777 photos, 75 members
- Transportation 283,837 photos, 1,714 members
- Adobe Lightroom 30,541 photos, 25,180 members
- Kane County Forest Preserves 441 photos, 15 members
- Birds Photos 1,914,618 photos, 68,295 members
The Shutterbug Eye™ says:
"Jim is a very talented photographer with a wonderfully varied photostream. He is a wonderful leader of the WSCF group and always willing to help when I've had questions about photography, my camera equipment, etc."
November 30th, 2010
"Jim is the quintessential renaissance man of photography. With much experience he gladly helps others and manages several flickr group including the West Suburban Chicago Flickrers, a very active group of photographers. I particularly enjoy how he documents the places he travels in photographs. Often very artistic and always technically top notch, I recommend his photostream to you for a great variety of photographic subjects, techniques and, best of all, a wonderful sense of humor."
March 6th, 2010
Patrick Dirden says:
"Jim is an incredibly talented photographer! From trains to nature shots, the variety he offers is amazing. He's also a great Flickr friend as well!"
December 19th, 2008
"I have had the pleasure of meeting Jim and Kate in person....what great people. Jim has been shooting for awhile and is a well-seasoned photographer which is reflected in his photos. He has always been willing to help when I have needed his expertise. Thanks Jim!"
October 1st, 2006
- Jim Frazier
- July 2005
- Batavia, Illinois, USA
- Professional Speaker and Trainer, Sales Tax Guy, Blogger, and Occasional Photographer for Actual Money