It seems I have always been a photographer, starting with my first Instamatic in my teens (dating myself here for sure...). I wore out many film cameras over the years, and shelves of neatly arranged albums chronicle the growth of our family over the last 30 years. In fact, I'm in so few of the images that it looks like my children were raised without a mother !
Exploring the world of photography after having "graduated" from a series of point-and-shoot digital cameras to a Canon Digital Rebel SLR, to a Canon EOS 7D in 2010 and to a Canon 5D Mark III in 2012 has allowed me to express my creativity. My passion for photography was kick-started with a very informative Digital Photography Essentials course in the Stanford University Continuing Studies program and I have since taken several other photography classes at Stanford.
However, I am essentially "self taught", and have learned so much through the great contacts I've made in flickr-land. Perusing flickr has been educational and inspiring. There are so many talented, creative and supportive people in this on-line community and I'm constantly learning, not only about photography, but about the vast world around us with its infinite photo ops !
Thank you in advance if you choose to make me a Contact or ask me to join a Group. If I don't reciprocate it's because I want to be sure that I can actually keep up with the contributions of existing Contacts. I don't generally acquire a new contact if they already have a large number of contacts, as they clearly won't have time to visit each of their Contacts regularly and are probably more interested in getting views and comments than giving them. I also prefer Contacts who present an interesting variety of work, label their photos, add useful tags, and make thoughtful comments, and of course I do those things too. I also drop contacts after a while if I find that I'm always commenting on their images but never hear from them. So if you send me an invitation to which I don't respond, it's not because I don't appreciate your photos, but rather because I'm already saturated.
visited 24 states (48%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Free android travel guide
visited 21 states (9.33%)Create your own visited map of The World or Amsterdam travel guide for Android
I need to visit some of those middle states !
Made with www.mycoolsigns.net/
- 215 in 2015 2,568 photos, 79 members
- Huffington Post Photo 7,695 photos, 217 members
- Yahoo! Travel 71,885 photos, 3,032 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,156 photos, 14,028 members
- 100 x: The 2014 Edition 6,558 photos, 163 members
- Cantor Arts Center 470 photos, 57 members
- Flickr Friday 17,090 photos, 25,851 members
- 365: The 2013 Edition 66,773 photos, 304 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,928 photos, 6,599 members
- ~~fence friday~~(NOT the original) 21,496 photos, 1,177 members
- Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots 9,065 photos, 828 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 10,508 photos, 634 members
- All Gone to Look for America (USA, United States of America) 32,819 photos, 642 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,181 photos, 1,808 members
- Croporamas 1,102 photos, 261 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 627 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,096 photos, 3,193 members
- Project Weather 557,782 photos, 83,294 members
- Every Day Stanford 1,705 photos, 139 members
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy 3,509 photos, 553 members
- Flickr B-I-N-G-O 603 photos, 155 members
- don't fence me in 9,849 photos, 596 members
- Palo Alto, California 1,787 photos, 245 members
- sixty-four colors 3,726 photos, 635 members
- Vertoramas 14,174 photos, 1,887 members
- ~~fence friday~~(the original) 18,477 photos, 3,006 members
- Filoli 1,442 photos, 85 members
- Northern California Photography 165,770 photos, 4,950 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 386,016 photos, 50,494 members
- San Francisco 256,794 photos, 15,055 members
- ...-Wink's Place-... 221,951 photos, 3,623 members
- San Mateo County Group 12,665 photos, 611 members
- Clicking and enjoying 21,470 photos, 283 members
- FlickrCentral 8,820,152 photos, 235,856 members
- Modern Zeppelin 449 photos, 104 members
- Gates Gates Gates 7,849 photos, 1,624 members
- Chihuly Art 11,719 photos, 1,432 members
- California Missions 9,571 photos, 761 members
- San Francisco Architecture 34,490 photos, 3,268 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 882,739 photos, 113,349 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 875,309 photos, 61,228 members
- Ya Gotta Start Somewhere... ~ 49,847 photos, 2,076 members
- * Vanishing Points * 180,971 photos, 36,449 members
- Stanford University 4,504 photos, 732 members
- AllEdges Still Life 93,277 photos, 6,253 members
- Six Word Story 32,310 photos, 3,240 members
- Simply Still Life 1,715 photos, 3,115 members
- Flickr Envy Public (invited images only) - Add 1/C-1 ~ Invite 1 8,220 photos, 2,657 members
- squared circle 160,350 photos, 11,212 members
- Redwood City 2,139 photos, 160 members
"Jill is a wonderful flickr friend who demonstrates how we should all behave on flickr and with our contacts. She is kind and generous with her comments, insights and compliments. In addition to that, she has an awesome variety of photos of so many places and scenes and things, you could get lost in her photostream. She captures shots I never think of which is the sign of a creative mind. I love her Most Interesting photos- be sure to take a look- truly fabulous stuff!"
November 15th, 2010
"I have known Jill for quite some time now. She has always been a great photographer, but seems to be growing in leaps and bounds each day. It is quite evident that photography is Jill's passion... there is a huge difference been a hobby and a passion, and it shows in her work. From still lifes to landscapes to nature.... she moves with ease between each of her subjects and they all represent her keen eye for composition and style. Not only is Jill known for her beautiful work, but she is truly one of my most valuable contacts.... She doesn't desert you if you post an image that may not be exactly to her liking, but instead sees the beauty in what the eye of the beholder sees and always finds something nice to say about another's viewpoint. The best about her is her friendship and sense of humor. Jill is a wonderful artist and I am so glad to know her."
March 23rd, 2010
Jeff Clow says:
"I've had the pleasure to get to know Jill through the magic of Flickr this last 18 months or so.....and I think you will agree with one look through her photostream what a talented photographer she is when she is behind her lens.
What you might not know is that she is also one classy lady - a lady who takes the time to comment repeatedly on others photos and to let them know what she likes about their images. A comment from her is always such a pleasant occurrence and it is people like Jill that make Flickr such a wonderful community of photographers.
I am pleased to now call Jill a friend."
January 11th, 2010
- Jill Clardy
- January 2008
- Las Vegas, NV
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Director of Sales Operations