It seems I have always been a photographer, starting with my first Instamatic in my teens (dating myself here for sure...). I wore out many film cameras over the years, and shelves of neatly arranged albums chronicle the growth of our family over the last 30 years. In fact, I'm in so few of the images that it looks like my children were raised without a mother !
Exploring the world of photography after having "graduated" from a series of point-and-shoot digital cameras to a Canon Digital Rebel SLR, to a Canon EOS 7D in 2010 and to a Canon 5D Mark III in 2012 has allowed me to express my creativity. My passion for photography was kick-started with a very informative Digital Photography Essentials course in the Stanford University Continuing Studies program and I have since taken several other photography classes at Stanford.
However, I am essentially "self taught", and have learned so much through the great contacts I've made in flickr-land. Perusing flickr has been educational and inspiring. There are so many talented, creative and supportive people in this on-line community and I'm constantly learning, not only about photography, but about the vast world around us with its infinite photo ops !
Thank you in advance if you choose to make me a Contact or ask me to join a Group. If I don't reciprocate it's because I want to be sure that I can actually keep up with the contributions of existing Contacts. I don't generally acquire a new contact if they already have a large number of contacts, as they clearly won't have time to visit each of their Contacts regularly and are probably more interested in getting views and comments than giving them. I also prefer Contacts who present an interesting variety of work, label their photos, add useful tags, and make thoughtful comments, and of course I do those things too. I also drop contacts after a while if I find that I'm always commenting on their images but never hear from them. So if you send me an invitation to which I don't respond, it's not because I don't appreciate your photos, but rather because I'm already saturated.
visited 24 states (48%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Free android travel guide
visited 21 states (9.33%)Create your own visited map of The World or Amsterdam travel guide for Android
I need to visit some of those middle states !
Made with www.mycoolsigns.net/
- 215 in 2015 2,927 photos, 80 members
- Huffington Post Photo 8,324 photos, 222 members
- Yahoo! Travel 76,173 photos, 3,179 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,135 photos, 13,974 members
- 100 x: The 2014 Edition 6,551 photos, 162 members
- Cantor Arts Center 470 photos, 58 members
- Flickr Friday 17,731 photos, 26,808 members
- 365: The 2013 Edition 66,879 photos, 303 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,920 photos, 6,593 members
- ~~fence friday~~(NOT the original) 22,141 photos, 1,194 members
- Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots 9,207 photos, 835 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 10,686 photos, 637 members
- All Gone to Look for America (USA, United States of America) 33,216 photos, 643 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,209 photos, 1,812 members
- Croporamas 1,111 photos, 261 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 627 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,092 photos, 3,189 members
- Project Weather 568,270 photos, 84,241 members
- Every Day Stanford 1,706 photos, 140 members
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy 3,548 photos, 553 members
- Flickr B-I-N-G-O 603 photos, 155 members
- don't fence me in 9,904 photos, 595 members
- Palo Alto, California 1,786 photos, 247 members
- sixty-four colors 3,726 photos, 635 members
- Vertoramas 14,202 photos, 1,890 members
- ~~fence friday~~(the original) 18,441 photos, 3,002 members
- Filoli 1,443 photos, 86 members
- Northern California Photography 166,937 photos, 4,968 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 387,690 photos, 50,511 members
- San Francisco 258,163 photos, 15,130 members
- ...-Wink's Place-... 222,519 photos, 3,627 members
- San Mateo County Group 12,694 photos, 612 members
- Clicking and enjoying 21,602 photos, 283 members
- FlickrCentral 8,936,321 photos, 237,961 members
- Modern Zeppelin 449 photos, 104 members
- Gates Gates Gates 7,894 photos, 1,637 members
- Chihuly Art 11,732 photos, 1,437 members
- California Missions 9,584 photos, 763 members
- San Francisco Architecture 34,580 photos, 3,280 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 892,056 photos, 113,968 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 884,682 photos, 61,663 members
- Ya Gotta Start Somewhere... ~ 50,077 photos, 2,077 members
- * Vanishing Points * 182,327 photos, 36,919 members
- Stanford University 4,507 photos, 735 members
- AllEdges Still Life 93,756 photos, 6,270 members
- Six Word Story 32,493 photos, 3,240 members
- Simply Still Life 1,713 photos, 3,111 members
- Flickr Envy Public (invited images only) - Add 1/C-1 ~ Invite 1 8,253 photos, 2,664 members
- squared circle 160,968 photos, 11,325 members
- Redwood City 2,142 photos, 161 members
"Jill is a wonderful flickr friend who demonstrates how we should all behave on flickr and with our contacts. She is kind and generous with her comments, insights and compliments. In addition to that, she has an awesome variety of photos of so many places and scenes and things, you could get lost in her photostream. She captures shots I never think of which is the sign of a creative mind. I love her Most Interesting photos- be sure to take a look- truly fabulous stuff!"
November 15th, 2010
"I have known Jill for quite some time now. She has always been a great photographer, but seems to be growing in leaps and bounds each day. It is quite evident that photography is Jill's passion... there is a huge difference been a hobby and a passion, and it shows in her work. From still lifes to landscapes to nature.... she moves with ease between each of her subjects and they all represent her keen eye for composition and style. Not only is Jill known for her beautiful work, but she is truly one of my most valuable contacts.... She doesn't desert you if you post an image that may not be exactly to her liking, but instead sees the beauty in what the eye of the beholder sees and always finds something nice to say about another's viewpoint. The best about her is her friendship and sense of humor. Jill is a wonderful artist and I am so glad to know her."
March 23rd, 2010
Jeff Clow says:
"I've had the pleasure to get to know Jill through the magic of Flickr this last 18 months or so.....and I think you will agree with one look through her photostream what a talented photographer she is when she is behind her lens.
What you might not know is that she is also one classy lady - a lady who takes the time to comment repeatedly on others photos and to let them know what she likes about their images. A comment from her is always such a pleasant occurrence and it is people like Jill that make Flickr such a wonderful community of photographers.
I am pleased to now call Jill a friend."
January 11th, 2010
- Jill Clardy
- January 2008
- Las Vegas, NV
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Director of Sales Operations