There is something in photography that makes me love to take, develop and share photos. Maybe it's a sense of unjustified immortality, as each photo is timeless and has something in it about oneself. Maybe it's because of its pure enjoyment. Whatever it is, I don't really need to know: loving something is just enough of a reason.
Photography has taught me to be present, to enjoy what I see, specially when light gets "clever". It's a healthy activity that defeats consumerism, probably more so in the digital age. It costs nothing, just our time and energy, and we create objects that are so simple to share. Photography has been a non commercial activity for me, yet almost 500 photos have already found their place in books, movies, wikipedia, souvenirs, magazines, blogs, and most forms of media even from places so distant from where I am as Poland, Russia and India. It's so much fun to discover that we can do so much without the need of anyone or anything but the tools, the on-line community, and what we see in front of us.
I do try to take photos with the highest possible level of detail and naturalness, taking advantage of available lighting conditions as they present to me as a natural environment, instead of an impact obtained by elaborate post processing. If there is something that is of value in a photo for someone today or in the future, I want to leave it at a high resolution level, so future tinkering has a better chance.
Except for my panoramas photos, all my photos are made from one RAW file. Therefore, none of my photos uses HDR, by HDR meaning multiple frames at different exposures merged with the objective of expanding shadows and highlights.
I upload all the photos I take which I feel I like for any reason whatsoever, without concerns of any rules. For me flickr represents my photographic workplace environment. It is interesting to see how the flickr community and the web will interfere with my portfolio and automatically get my photostream ranked. This is of a lot of help, as I find photo selection as difficult if not more than the art of taking photos!
Presently I use Lightroom as the tool to develop the RAW files, spending only occasionally a few minutes on general adjustments on a photo of merit.
Around mid 2010, I have set my camera clock to WET – Western European Time - Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) - +0000 - so it is always ready for when I use it together with my Jobo GPS for geo-data capture. And as of May 25, 2014, I started to upload my photos in 4K resolution.
Sometimes I write a few words on my blog if you are ever interested.
Almost all my photos are posted as Public and offered to the community with Attribution, Share Alike, Creative Commons license. For more info: CC License Conditions.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you ever need any of my photos in higher resolution as I love to share!
Find here my set of photos published in the media that I'm aware of:
Here some sets representing part of my flickr portfolio:
- Beautiful pics from our friends 48,854 photos, 1,334 members
- Your Best Shot 2017 5,918 photos, 7,679 members
- Bars & Restaurants all over the world 19,213 photos, 1,194 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Users 34,821 photos, 1,045 members
- Flickr Friday 40,974 photos, 41,542 members
- My Favourite photo - la mia foto preferita 269,528 photos, 7,903 members
- Best 25000 Free Pictures 26,184 photos, 1,520 members
- GoPro Hero4 2,534 photos, 397 members
- GoPro Hero 4 Silver 2,303 photos, 529 members
- Be a Hero - GoPro 25,864 photos, 3,855 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 24,244 photos, 41,693 members
- CLIMATE RIBBON™ 3 photos, 3 members
- The artists 295 photos, 137 members
- Estradas da América do Sul 423 photos, 57 members
- GREAT PANOS 74,380 photos, 3,748 members
- CIELOS Y NUBES, SKIES AND CLOUDS 258,203 photos, 5,809 members
- Flickr Nature Group 22,971 photos, 328 members
- Brazil 2014 3,256 photos, 4,866 members
- 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil (The Un Official Flickr Group) 1,307 photos, 120 members
- Paisajes Contrastados en Blanco y Negro 2,136 photos, 426 members
- The Human Spirit--A Celebration 1,110 photos, 98 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,648 photos, 12,900 members
- NYC Marathon 2013 318 photos, 36 members
- Love South Africa 43,132 photos, 1,382 members
- Project Weather 627,291 photos, 93,227 members
- Skylines Chilenos 8,799 photos, 908 members
- El mundo en bicicletas (61001) 59,646 photos, 3,676 members
- We are each other's contacts! 64,819 photos, 924 members
- Revive your best old photos! 2,574 photos, 137 members
- Movimiento Intencionado de la Cámara 1,824 photos, 134 members
- Voigtländer Color Skopar 28mm SLII 749 photos, 141 members
- Nikon D800E Users 20,618 photos, 385 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,670 photos, 6,111 members
- Only Contest 4,548 photos, 5,566 members
- Vision sound 103,348 photos, 2,047 members
- London Cinema, Movies and Television 4,634 photos, 637 members
- InfinityList.com 1,713 photos, 227 members
- FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifiers in the flesh! 6 photos, 9 members
- Taller fotografico - Uruguay 9,580 photos, 273 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,602,390 photos, 119,779 members
- Paul McCartney Live 948 photos, 81 members
- Paul McCartney Tours 2005 onward 912 photos, 217 members
- McCARTNEY 1,199 photos, 172 members
- Paul McCartney 1,025 photos, 174 members
- A Portrait Group 545,859 photos, 9,514 members
- Models 506,489 photos, 21,365 members
- Portraits 'n Fashion 193,414 photos, 8,539 members
- Available Light / Existing Light 1,375,489 photos, 25,089 members
- RELIGIOUS MONUMENTS 41,286 photos, 981 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 11,836 photos, 13,140 members
"Thank you Jimmy for all your beautiful photographs! You are very talented and have a great eye. Photography is your calling. Muchas gracias for all your contributions that will be shared continuously for all the years to come !
J W Ford
September 16th, 2017
- Jimmy Baikovicius
- March 2007
- Montevideo, Uruguay
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Ikatu's director: ikatu.com