There is something in photography that makes me love to take, develop and share photos. Maybe it's a sense of unjustified immortality, as each photo is timeless and has something in it about oneself. Maybe it's because of its pure enjoyment. Whatever it is, I don't really need to know: loving something is just enough of a reason.
Photography has taught me to be present, to enjoy what I see, specially when light gets "clever". It's a healthy activity that defeats consumerism, probably more so in the digital age. It costs nothing, just our time and energy, and we create objects that are so simple to share. Photography has been a non commercial activity for me, yet almost 500 photos have already found their place in books, movies, wikipedia, souvenirs, magazines, blogs, and most forms of media even from places so distant from where I am as Poland, Russia and India. It's so much fun to discover that we can do so much without the need of anyone or anything but the tools, the on-line community, and what we see in front of us.
I do try to take photos with the highest possible level of detail and naturalness, taking advantage of available lighting conditions as they present to me as a natural environment, instead of an impact obtained by elaborate post processing. If there is something that is of value in a photo for someone today or in the future, I want to leave it at a high resolution level, so future tinkering has a better chance.
Except for my panoramas photos, all my photos are made from one RAW file. Therefore, none of my photos uses HDR, by HDR meaning multiple frames at different exposures merged with the objective of expanding shadows and highlights.
I upload all the photos I take which I feel I like for any reason whatsoever, without concerns of any rules. For me flickr represents my photographic workplace environment. It is interesting to see how the flickr community and the web will interfere with my portfolio and automatically get my photostream ranked. This is of a lot of help, as I find photo selection as difficult if not more than the art of taking photos!
Presently I use Lightroom as the tool to develop the RAW files, spending only occasionally a few minutes on general adjustments on a photo of merit.
Around mid 2010, I have set my camera clock to WET – Western European Time - Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) - +0000 - so it is always ready for when I use it together with my Jobo GPS for geo-data capture. And as of May 25, 2014, I started to upload my photos in 4K resolution.
Sometimes I write a few words on my blog if you are ever interested.
Almost all my photos are posted as Public and offered to the community with Attribution, Share Alike, Creative Commons license. For more info: CC License Conditions.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you ever need any of my photos in higher resolution as I love to share!
Find here my set of photos published in the media that I'm aware of:
Here some sets representing part of my flickr portfolio:
- Flickr Friday 26,178 photos, 34,717 members
- My Favourite photo - la mia foto preferita 138,786 photos, 6,168 members
- Best 25000 Free Pictures 25,095 photos, 1,354 members
- GoPro Hero4 1,688 photos, 349 members
- GoPro Hero 4 Silver 1,694 photos, 458 members
- Be a Hero - GoPro 22,822 photos, 3,683 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,216 photos, 43,769 members
- CLIMATE RIBBON™ 9 photos, 3 members
- World of details - Free Group - © Pic 3,516 photos, 143 members
- Estradas da América do Sul 342 photos, 49 members
- GREAT PANOS 51,200 photos, 3,586 members
- CIELOS Y NUBES, SKIES AND CLOUDS 190,379 photos, 5,774 members
- Flickr Nature Group 15,343 photos, 303 members
- Brazil 2014 3,301 photos, 4,734 members
- 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil (The Un Official Flickr Group) 1,188 photos, 115 members
- Paisajes Contrastados en Blanco y Negro 1,836 photos, 377 members
- The Human Spirit--A Celebration 861 photos, 86 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,953 photos, 13,423 members
- NYC Marathon 2013 320 photos, 36 members
- Love South Africa 33,830 photos, 1,241 members
- Project Weather 641,746 photos, 94,035 members
- Skylines Chilenos 7,327 photos, 768 members
- El mundo en bicicletas (55101) 53,865 photos, 3,504 members
- We are each other's contacts! 52,245 photos, 942 members
- Revive your best old photos! 2,572 photos, 139 members
- Movimiento Intencionado de la Cámara 1,271 photos, 109 members
- Voigtländer Color Skopar 28mm SLII 667 photos, 101 members
- Nikon D800E Users 17,770 photos, 331 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,813 photos, 6,398 members
- Only Contest 3,696 photos, 4,192 members
- Vision sound 84,738 photos, 2,079 members
- London Cinema, Movies and Television 3,921 photos, 605 members
- InfinityList.com 1,819 photos, 229 members
- FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifiers in the flesh! 6 photos, 9 members
- Taller fotografico - Uruguay 8,060 photos, 267 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,959,012 photos, 107,649 members
- Paul McCartney Live 898 photos, 76 members
- Paul McCartney Tours 2005 onward 910 photos, 217 members
- McCARTNEY 1,164 photos, 168 members
- Paul McCartney 956 photos, 159 members
- A Portrait Group 532,286 photos, 9,849 members
- Models 429,117 photos, 19,004 members
- Portraits 'n Fashion 176,485 photos, 8,295 members
- Available Light / Existing Light 1,158,439 photos, 23,867 members
- RELIGIOUS MONUMENTS 32,629 photos, 885 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,089 photos, 13,574 members
- Futebol | Football | Fútbol | Soccer | Calcio | Fussball 26,674 photos, 890 members
- RIU Hotels and Resorts - Fan Images 3,409 photos, 503 members
- Starnberger See 3,033 photos, 247 members
- Indianapolis, Indiana 31,769 photos, 1,006 members
jikatu doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Jimmy Baikovicius
- March 2007
- Montevideo, Uruguay
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Ikatu's director: ikatu.com