From the Mountains through the City to the Sea
Human behavior is governed by the interplay of three fundamental forces, or impulses. Under the influence of the first, the Life impulse, we eat, seek shelter, have sex, and do innumerable other things in service simply of staying alive and perpetuating life. We could continue to exist if this were our only drive, but plainly it is not. Dissatisfied with just existing, we also are driven by a second impulse, Wonder. It is this impulse that makes us search for the meaning of our existence. Witness the pervasiveness of this drive in the countless religions, philosophies, and laws we invent to answer the ultimate question, “Why are we here?” But we don’t reduce to a duality. There is a third, primary impulse at hand in all of us, that which impels us to create art, to be captivated by art, even to be art. The Art impulse is as fundamental to our humanness as Life and Wonder. Nurture your third impulse.
All photography and content copyright © 2010 Jason Crockett Photography. All rights reserved.
Photos of J.H.C. (1)
- Timelapse Videos 10,079 photos, 4,305 members
- Quizz (invited only, plz! :) 177 photos, 375 members
- 'Views: 20,000+ 6,070 photos, 830 members
- Dream beaches of the world 18,088 photos, 1,876 members
- Boston Terriers 29,827 photos, 2,002 members
- ~Beautiful Water~ 13,100 photos, 865 members
- brunettes 27,334 photos, 4,121 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 271,551 photos, 32,848 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,685 photos, 1,003 members
- Shield Of Excellence 533,603 photos, 40,885 members
- Fire and Ice 452 photos, 159 members
- Views: 5000 85,914 photos, 8,489 members
- 3000 V + 120 F [before joining tag 3000v120f !!!!!!!!] 2,030 photos, 413 members
- 1-2-3 Selfportraits (Read rules !!!) 2,604 photos, 623 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,422 photos, 1,692 members
- Foto Cats 204,401 photos, 14,344 members
- Birds in Flight! 197,592 photos, 8,327 members
- Views: 3000 77,693 photos, 8,430 members
- Churches - Please read the rules before posting 220,037 photos, 14,957 members
- Quality -- Best of the Best -- (Invitation ONLY) 4,508 photos, 975 members
- HOLGA -B&W- (Black & White 120film shots only) 47,203 photos, 5,160 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 21,675 photos, 5,679 members
- Your Best in Infrared 2 photos, 160 members
- Views: 2000 147,417 photos, 12,100 members
- Favorites: 200 20,208 photos, 3,844 members
- flickr.com 15,115 photos, 478 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 52,654 photos, 8,193 members
- LA South Bay 14,084 photos, 518 members
- Scout poster (!Read the Rules!) 64 photos, 58 members
- Multiple Sclerosis 487 photos, 205 members
- Surfer 6,873 photos, 1,198 members
- Favorite Land- and Seascape Pictures 84,270 photos, 6,549 members
- 99+ Favs 44,679 photos, 3,181 members
- Favorites: 50 55,334 photos, 8,094 members
- Views: 1500 77,185 photos, 8,774 members
- Views: 100 1,200,047 photos, 33,245 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,317 photos, 7,478 members
- flickr GOLD***invited images only pls*** 61,807 photos, 12,855 members
- Favorites: 100 57,145 photos, 6,908 members
- Favorites: 25 49,974 photos, 8,051 members
- Views: 1000 266,845 photos, 20,673 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 13,991 photos, 6,491 members
- 1-2-3 FAVORITES (50+) POST 1,COMMENT ON 2 685 photos, 433 members
- Water Reflection 26,516 photos, 1,853 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 20,317 photos, 7,213 members
- Explore Top 20 1,629 photos, 596 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Street Photography *OPEN* 4,523,525 photos, 121,733 members
- Trophy 44,498 photos, 4,937 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 182,820 photos, 7,106 members
- Landscape 1,082,660 photos, 101,723 members
_Paula AnDDrade says:
"An Amazing Photographer!
His photos are an Eye Catcher, great Artist! it is a pleasure coming to his stream! ;~)
Thanks for sharing such outstanding images with us!"
December 25th, 2006
Ricardo (Sr.) says:
"Jason is an incredibly cool, and truly nice, person. When I first saw his beach "landscapes" I just had to e-mail him and ask how he did it...I got back a full page step by step instruction on "blending multiple HDR images" into 1 incredible shot....huh?
Then, when I was going through my amateur imagefolio, to produce original prints for my children for Xmas, I decided to include 1 of Jason's images for my 22 yo daughter who is freeezing in Germany at an Air Force Base, flickr.com/photos... ,he immediately responded and took time from his day to be sure the image was "sized" right for reproduction. He also keeps me posted on the surf when I am in baja offroad racing.
Jason is the man, and way cool. CHECK OUT THIS STREAM!"
December 21st, 2006
"I cant think of anyone else that's transforming landscape photography like this guy. When I look at one of his landscapes i'm literally drawn into the picture. Anyone can take a shot of a beautiful scene and take credit for the subject matter simply because they were there at the right time. However, I believe it takes a different skill to give that shot a life of its own. When I look at these amazing pictures I'm there, hearing the birds or smelling the sea. Totally captivating!"
December 19th, 2006
"I love this photostream. His work is so unique and inspires me, he is one of my contacts i admire and look up to highly. I'm sorry i cannot say more, this is because everyone has expressed how i feel about your work and so many others...
Please for everyone's sake keep up your fabulous work.
October 25th, 2006
"Such an amazing photostream. One of the best i have seen on flickr that goes beyone the limits of just everyday photography. Very creative and brilliant!!"
September 11th, 2006
"Such amazing words and photography! There is a beauty in JHC's photos that is beyond comparision! So surreal at times I catch myself
sitting for long moments to absorb the feel of them. Keep up the wonderful work! Take the time to explore these fabulous photos!"
August 7th, 2006
- February 2006
- Malibu, CA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Film Editor, Producer
- More JHC
- jasonjhc [at] yahoo.com