From the Mountains through the City to the Sea
Human behavior is governed by the interplay of three fundamental forces, or impulses. Under the influence of the first, the Life impulse, we eat, seek shelter, have sex, and do innumerable other things in service simply of staying alive and perpetuating life. We could continue to exist if this were our only drive, but plainly it is not. Dissatisfied with just existing, we also are driven by a second impulse, Wonder. It is this impulse that makes us search for the meaning of our existence. Witness the pervasiveness of this drive in the countless religions, philosophies, and laws we invent to answer the ultimate question, “Why are we here?” But we don’t reduce to a duality. There is a third, primary impulse at hand in all of us, that which impels us to create art, to be captivated by art, even to be art. The Art impulse is as fundamental to our humanness as Life and Wonder. Nurture your third impulse.
All photography and content copyright © 2010 Jason Crockett Photography. All rights reserved.
- Timelapse Videos 8,806 photos, 4,135 members
- Quizz (invited only, plz! :) 178 photos, 379 members
- 'Views: 20,000+ 3,068 photos, 706 members
- Dream beaches of the world 18,253 photos, 1,884 members
- Boston Terriers 29,676 photos, 2,007 members
- ~Beautiful Water~ 11,086 photos, 801 members
- brunettes 25,328 photos, 3,988 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 248,791 photos, 32,657 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,731 photos, 1,003 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a3) 502,708 photos, 40,614 members
- Fire and Ice 455 photos, 155 members
- Views: 5000 52,260 photos, 7,187 members
- 3000 V + 120 F [before joining tag 3000v120f !!!!!!!!] 2,087 photos, 406 members
- 1-2-3 Selfportraits (Read rules !!!) 2,577 photos, 618 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,347 photos, 1,697 members
- Foto Cats 201,105 photos, 14,092 members
- Birds in Flight! 169,356 photos, 7,873 members
- Views: 3000 55,128 photos, 7,049 members
- Churches - Please read the rules before posting 196,045 photos, 14,395 members
- Quality -- Best of the Best -- (Invitation ONLY) 4,567 photos, 985 members
- HOLGA -B&W- (Black & White 120film shots only) 46,616 photos, 5,146 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 21,907 photos, 5,720 members
- Your Best in Infrared 207 photos, 281 members
- Views: 2000 96,233 photos, 10,352 members
- Favorites: 200 18,313 photos, 3,110 members
- flickr.com 12,304 photos, 446 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 46,318 photos, 7,756 members
- LA South Bay 13,907 photos, 512 members
- Scout poster (!Read the Rules!) 66 photos, 59 members
- Multiple Sclerosis 478 photos, 208 members
- Surfer 6,971 photos, 1,182 members
- Favorite Land- and Seascape Pictures 78,075 photos, 6,509 members
- 99+ Favs 29,390 photos, 2,936 members
- Favorites: 50 77,826 photos, 7,027 members
- Views: 1500 45,831 photos, 7,317 members
- Views: 100 1,210,058 photos, 32,018 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,258 photos, 7,515 members
- flickr GOLD***invited images only pls*** 62,435 photos, 12,971 members
- Favorites: 100 66,170 photos, 5,718 members
- Favorites: 25 43,524 photos, 7,135 members
- Views: 1000 310,385 photos, 18,543 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,213 photos, 6,564 members
- 1-2-3 FAVORITES (50+) POST 1,COMMENT ON 2 655 photos, 435 members
- Water Reflection 22,794 photos, 1,729 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 20,540 photos, 7,240 members
- Explore Top 20 1,646 photos, 603 members
- The World Through My Eyes - TGIF *OPEN* 4,302,303 photos, 116,674 members
- Trophy 40,274 photos, 4,938 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 154,867 photos, 6,615 members
- Landscape 1,029,860 photos, 100,358 members
_Paula AnDDrade says:
"An Amazing Photographer!
His photos are an Eye Catcher, great Artist! it is a pleasure coming to his stream! ;~)
Thanks for sharing such outstanding images with us!"
December 25th, 2006
Ricardo (Sr.) says:
"Jason is an incredibly cool, and truly nice, person. When I first saw his beach "landscapes" I just had to e-mail him and ask how he did it...I got back a full page step by step instruction on "blending multiple HDR images" into 1 incredible shot....huh?
Then, when I was going through my amateur imagefolio, to produce original prints for my children for Xmas, I decided to include 1 of Jason's images for my 22 yo daughter who is freeezing in Germany at an Air Force Base, flickr.com/photos... ,he immediately responded and took time from his day to be sure the image was "sized" right for reproduction. He also keeps me posted on the surf when I am in baja offroad racing.
Jason is the man, and way cool. CHECK OUT THIS STREAM!"
December 21st, 2006
"I cant think of anyone else that's transforming landscape photography like this guy. When I look at one of his landscapes i'm literally drawn into the picture. Anyone can take a shot of a beautiful scene and take credit for the subject matter simply because they were there at the right time. However, I believe it takes a different skill to give that shot a life of its own. When I look at these amazing pictures I'm there, hearing the birds or smelling the sea. Totally captivating!"
December 19th, 2006
"I love this photostream. His work is so unique and inspires me, he is one of my contacts i admire and look up to highly. I'm sorry i cannot say more, this is because everyone has expressed how i feel about your work and so many others...
Please for everyone's sake keep up your fabulous work.
October 25th, 2006
"Such an amazing photostream. One of the best i have seen on flickr that goes beyone the limits of just everyday photography. Very creative and brilliant!!"
September 11th, 2006
"Such amazing words and photography! There is a beauty in JHC's photos that is beyond comparision! So surreal at times I catch myself
sitting for long moments to absorb the feel of them. Keep up the wonderful work! Take the time to explore these fabulous photos!"
August 7th, 2006
- February 2006
- Malibu, CA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Film Editor, Producer
- More JHC
- jasonjhc [at] yahoo.com