From the Mountains through the City to the Sea
Human behavior is governed by the interplay of three fundamental forces, or impulses. Under the influence of the first, the Life impulse, we eat, seek shelter, have sex, and do innumerable other things in service simply of staying alive and perpetuating life. We could continue to exist if this were our only drive, but plainly it is not. Dissatisfied with just existing, we also are driven by a second impulse, Wonder. It is this impulse that makes us search for the meaning of our existence. Witness the pervasiveness of this drive in the countless religions, philosophies, and laws we invent to answer the ultimate question, “Why are we here?” But we don’t reduce to a duality. There is a third, primary impulse at hand in all of us, that which impels us to create art, to be captivated by art, even to be art. The Art impulse is as fundamental to our humanness as Life and Wonder. Nurture your third impulse.
All photography and content copyright © 2010 Jason Crockett Photography. All rights reserved.
- Timelapse Videos 8,023 photos, 3,940 members
- Quizz (invited only, plz! :) 179 photos, 381 members
- 'Views: 20,000+ 1,866 photos, 597 members
- Dream beaches of the world 18,487 photos, 1,878 members
- Boston Terriers 29,825 photos, 2,002 members
- ~Beautiful Water~ 9,250 photos, 741 members
- brunettes 25,456 photos, 3,953 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 231,208 photos, 32,339 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,753 photos, 996 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a3) 474,651 photos, 40,352 members
- Fire and Ice 461 photos, 153 members
- Views: 5000 33,243 photos, 6,278 members
- 3000 V + 120 F [before joining tag 3000v120f !!!!!!!!] 2,022 photos, 380 members
- 1-2-3 Selfportraits (Read rules !!!) 2,474 photos, 613 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,251 photos, 1,701 members
- Foto Cats 194,258 photos, 13,870 members
- Birds in Flight! 153,306 photos, 7,532 members
- Views: 3000 35,659 photos, 6,095 members
- Churches - Please read the rules before posting 182,432 photos, 13,877 members
- Quality -- Best of the Best -- (Invitation ONLY) 4,516 photos, 990 members
- HOLGA -B&W- (Black & White 120film shots only) 46,513 photos, 5,142 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 22,042 photos, 5,759 members
- Your Best in Infrared 205 photos, 277 members
- Views: 2000 59,497 photos, 9,182 members
- Favorites: 200 10,587 photos, 2,493 members
- flickr.com 10,192 photos, 407 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 37,821 photos, 7,158 members
- LA South Bay 13,716 photos, 505 members
- Scout poster (!Read the Rules!) 68 photos, 59 members
- Multiple Sclerosis 585 photos, 204 members
- Surfer 6,986 photos, 1,162 members
- Favorite Land- and Seascape Pictures 72,955 photos, 6,433 members
- 99+ Favs 15,173 photos, 2,597 members
- Favorites: 50 52,267 photos, 6,011 members
- Views: 1500 54,706 photos, 6,935 members
- Views: 100 1,031,131 photos, 29,171 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 61,097 photos, 7,539 members
- flickr GOLD***invited images only pls*** 63,058 photos, 13,039 members
- Favorites: 100 38,301 photos, 4,706 members
- Favorites: 25 21,912 photos, 6,326 members
- Views: 1000 230,233 photos, 16,771 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,288 photos, 6,595 members
- 1-2-3 FAVORITES (50+) POST 1,COMMENT ON 2 646 photos, 436 members
- Water Reflection 19,649 photos, 1,584 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 20,683 photos, 7,264 members
- Explore Top 20 1,646 photos, 604 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Portrait Thursdays *OPEN* 4,030,188 photos, 112,632 members
- Trophy 37,739 photos, 4,950 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 132,693 photos, 6,143 members
- Landscape 966,171 photos, 95,135 members
_Paula AnDDrade says:
"An Amazing Photographer!
His photos are an Eye Catcher, great Artist! it is a pleasure coming to his stream! ;~)
Thanks for sharing such outstanding images with us!"
December 25th, 2006
Ricardo (Sr.) says:
"Jason is an incredibly cool, and truly nice, person. When I first saw his beach "landscapes" I just had to e-mail him and ask how he did it...I got back a full page step by step instruction on "blending multiple HDR images" into 1 incredible shot....huh?
Then, when I was going through my amateur imagefolio, to produce original prints for my children for Xmas, I decided to include 1 of Jason's images for my 22 yo daughter who is freeezing in Germany at an Air Force Base, flickr.com/photos... ,he immediately responded and took time from his day to be sure the image was "sized" right for reproduction. He also keeps me posted on the surf when I am in baja offroad racing.
Jason is the man, and way cool. CHECK OUT THIS STREAM!"
December 21st, 2006
"I cant think of anyone else that's transforming landscape photography like this guy. When I look at one of his landscapes i'm literally drawn into the picture. Anyone can take a shot of a beautiful scene and take credit for the subject matter simply because they were there at the right time. However, I believe it takes a different skill to give that shot a life of its own. When I look at these amazing pictures I'm there, hearing the birds or smelling the sea. Totally captivating!"
December 19th, 2006
"I love this photostream. His work is so unique and inspires me, he is one of my contacts i admire and look up to highly. I'm sorry i cannot say more, this is because everyone has expressed how i feel about your work and so many others...
Please for everyone's sake keep up your fabulous work.
October 25th, 2006
"Such an amazing photostream. One of the best i have seen on flickr that goes beyone the limits of just everyday photography. Very creative and brilliant!!"
September 11th, 2006
"Such amazing words and photography! There is a beauty in JHC's photos that is beyond comparision! So surreal at times I catch myself
sitting for long moments to absorb the feel of them. Keep up the wonderful work! Take the time to explore these fabulous photos!"
August 7th, 2006
- February 2006
- Malibu, CA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Film Editor, Producer
- More JHC
- jasonjhc [at] yahoo.com