From the Mountains through the City to the Sea
Human behavior is governed by the interplay of three fundamental forces, or impulses. Under the influence of the first, the Life impulse, we eat, seek shelter, have sex, and do innumerable other things in service simply of staying alive and perpetuating life. We could continue to exist if this were our only drive, but plainly it is not. Dissatisfied with just existing, we also are driven by a second impulse, Wonder. It is this impulse that makes us search for the meaning of our existence. Witness the pervasiveness of this drive in the countless religions, philosophies, and laws we invent to answer the ultimate question, “Why are we here?” But we don’t reduce to a duality. There is a third, primary impulse at hand in all of us, that which impels us to create art, to be captivated by art, even to be art. The Art impulse is as fundamental to our humanness as Life and Wonder. Nurture your third impulse.
All photography and content copyright © 2010 Jason Crockett Photography. All rights reserved.
- Timelapse Videos 8,430 photos, 4,063 members
- Quizz (invited only, plz! :) 179 photos, 380 members
- 'Views: 20,000+ 2,501 photos, 661 members
- Dream beaches of the world 18,271 photos, 1,894 members
- Boston Terriers 29,874 photos, 2,002 members
- ~Beautiful Water~ 10,208 photos, 778 members
- brunettes 26,160 photos, 3,961 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 241,425 photos, 32,547 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,745 photos, 997 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a3) 490,932 photos, 40,510 members
- Fire and Ice 453 photos, 154 members
- Views: 5000 43,141 photos, 6,812 members
- 3000 V + 120 F [before joining tag 3000v120f !!!!!!!!] 2,009 photos, 400 members
- 1-2-3 Selfportraits (Read rules !!!) 2,533 photos, 619 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,306 photos, 1,702 members
- Foto Cats 198,287 photos, 14,012 members
- Birds in Flight! 163,065 photos, 7,755 members
- Views: 3000 46,898 photos, 6,684 members
- Churches - Please read the rules before posting 189,876 photos, 14,177 members
- Quality -- Best of the Best -- (Invitation ONLY) 4,503 photos, 986 members
- HOLGA -B&W- (Black & White 120film shots only) 46,401 photos, 5,140 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 21,966 photos, 5,734 members
- Your Best in Infrared 204 photos, 281 members
- Views: 2000 80,746 photos, 9,899 members
- Favorites: 200 14,631 photos, 2,864 members
- flickr.com 11,248 photos, 431 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 41,869 photos, 7,506 members
- LA South Bay 13,841 photos, 509 members
- Scout poster (!Read the Rules!) 68 photos, 59 members
- Multiple Sclerosis 510 photos, 205 members
- Surfer 6,992 photos, 1,169 members
- Favorite Land- and Seascape Pictures 75,678 photos, 6,477 members
- 99+ Favs 22,727 photos, 2,796 members
- Favorites: 50 68,163 photos, 6,624 members
- Views: 1500 44,860 photos, 7,066 members
- Views: 100 1,148,586 photos, 31,190 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,531 photos, 7,532 members
- flickr GOLD***invited images only pls*** 62,664 photos, 13,000 members
- Favorites: 100 52,825 photos, 5,297 members
- Favorites: 25 33,236 photos, 6,787 members
- Views: 1000 280,599 photos, 17,869 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,205 photos, 6,578 members
- 1-2-3 FAVORITES (50+) POST 1,COMMENT ON 2 650 photos, 434 members
- Water Reflection 21,503 photos, 1,667 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 20,509 photos, 7,249 members
- Explore Top 20 1,646 photos, 604 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Portrait Thursdays *OPEN* 4,189,321 photos, 114,977 members
- Trophy 39,000 photos, 4,943 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 144,641 photos, 6,398 members
- Landscape 1,001,581 photos, 97,493 members
_Paula AnDDrade says:
"An Amazing Photographer!
His photos are an Eye Catcher, great Artist! it is a pleasure coming to his stream! ;~)
Thanks for sharing such outstanding images with us!"
December 25th, 2006
Ricardo (Sr.) says:
"Jason is an incredibly cool, and truly nice, person. When I first saw his beach "landscapes" I just had to e-mail him and ask how he did it...I got back a full page step by step instruction on "blending multiple HDR images" into 1 incredible shot....huh?
Then, when I was going through my amateur imagefolio, to produce original prints for my children for Xmas, I decided to include 1 of Jason's images for my 22 yo daughter who is freeezing in Germany at an Air Force Base, flickr.com/photos... ,he immediately responded and took time from his day to be sure the image was "sized" right for reproduction. He also keeps me posted on the surf when I am in baja offroad racing.
Jason is the man, and way cool. CHECK OUT THIS STREAM!"
December 21st, 2006
"I cant think of anyone else that's transforming landscape photography like this guy. When I look at one of his landscapes i'm literally drawn into the picture. Anyone can take a shot of a beautiful scene and take credit for the subject matter simply because they were there at the right time. However, I believe it takes a different skill to give that shot a life of its own. When I look at these amazing pictures I'm there, hearing the birds or smelling the sea. Totally captivating!"
December 19th, 2006
"I love this photostream. His work is so unique and inspires me, he is one of my contacts i admire and look up to highly. I'm sorry i cannot say more, this is because everyone has expressed how i feel about your work and so many others...
Please for everyone's sake keep up your fabulous work.
October 25th, 2006
"Such an amazing photostream. One of the best i have seen on flickr that goes beyone the limits of just everyday photography. Very creative and brilliant!!"
September 11th, 2006
"Such amazing words and photography! There is a beauty in JHC's photos that is beyond comparision! So surreal at times I catch myself
sitting for long moments to absorb the feel of them. Keep up the wonderful work! Take the time to explore these fabulous photos!"
August 7th, 2006
- February 2006
- Malibu, CA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Film Editor, Producer
- More JHC
- jasonjhc [at] yahoo.com