From the Mountains through the City to the Sea
Human behavior is governed by the interplay of three fundamental forces, or impulses. Under the influence of the first, the Life impulse, we eat, seek shelter, have sex, and do innumerable other things in service simply of staying alive and perpetuating life. We could continue to exist if this were our only drive, but plainly it is not. Dissatisfied with just existing, we also are driven by a second impulse, Wonder. It is this impulse that makes us search for the meaning of our existence. Witness the pervasiveness of this drive in the countless religions, philosophies, and laws we invent to answer the ultimate question, “Why are we here?” But we don’t reduce to a duality. There is a third, primary impulse at hand in all of us, that which impels us to create art, to be captivated by art, even to be art. The Art impulse is as fundamental to our humanness as Life and Wonder. Nurture your third impulse.
All photography and content copyright © 2010 Jason Crockett Photography. All rights reserved.
- Timelapse Videos 7,287 photos, 3,653 members
- Quizz (invited only, plz! :) 179 photos, 381 members
- 'Views: 20,000+ 1,005 photos, 461 members
- Dream beaches of the world 18,672 photos, 1,804 members
- Boston Terriers 29,686 photos, 1,991 members
- ~Beautiful Water~ 7,899 photos, 675 members
- brunettes 22,726 photos, 3,893 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 215,890 photos, 31,917 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,797 photos, 1,000 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 446,480 photos, 39,991 members
- Fire and Ice 444 photos, 150 members
- Views: 5000 20,077 photos, 5,121 members
- 3000 V + 120 F [before joining tag 3000v120f !!!!!!!!] 2,098 photos, 361 members
- 1-2-3 Selfportraits (Read rules !!!) 2,303 photos, 612 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,167 photos, 1,689 members
- Foto Cats 188,536 photos, 13,505 members
- Birds in Flight! 136,512 photos, 7,100 members
- Views: 3000 18,527 photos, 4,925 members
- Churches - Please read the rules before posting 168,085 photos, 13,205 members
- Quality -- Best of the Best -- (Invitation ONLY) 4,622 photos, 996 members
- HOLGA -B&W- (Black & White 120film shots only) 46,077 photos, 5,096 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 22,249 photos, 5,773 members
- Your Best in Infrared 193 photos, 265 members
- Views: 2000 29,380 photos, 7,603 members
- Favorites: 200 5,867 photos, 1,875 members
- flickr.com 9,325 photos, 371 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 34,848 photos, 6,439 members
- LA South Bay 13,484 photos, 494 members
- Scout poster (!Read the Rules!) 68 photos, 60 members
- Multiple Sclerosis 574 photos, 204 members
- Surfer 7,067 photos, 1,167 members
- Favorite Land- and Seascape Pictures 68,429 photos, 6,314 members
- 99+ Favs 7,445 photos, 2,230 members
- Favorites: 50 30,815 photos, 4,910 members
- Views: 1500 33,286 photos, 5,767 members
- Views: 100 833,995 photos, 24,111 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 61,381 photos, 7,562 members
- flickr GOLD***invited images only pls*** 63,782 photos, 13,133 members
- Favorites: 100 19,696 photos, 3,638 members
- Favorites: 25 9,342 photos, 5,413 members
- Views: 1000 135,948 photos, 14,076 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,446 photos, 6,638 members
- 1-2-3 FAVORITES (50+) POST 1,COMMENT ON 2 631 photos, 437 members
- Water Reflection 17,719 photos, 1,473 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 20,922 photos, 7,296 members
- Explore Top 20 1,667 photos, 608 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 3,735,499 photos, 105,958 members
- Trophy 34,386 photos, 4,972 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 113,800 photos, 5,589 members
- Landscape 903,897 photos, 87,626 members
_Paula AnDDrade says:
"An Amazing Photographer!
His photos are an Eye Catcher, great Artist! it is a pleasure coming to his stream! ;~)
Thanks for sharing such outstanding images with us!"
December 25th, 2006
Ricardo (Sr.) says:
"Jason is an incredibly cool, and truly nice, person. When I first saw his beach "landscapes" I just had to e-mail him and ask how he did it...I got back a full page step by step instruction on "blending multiple HDR images" into 1 incredible shot....huh?
Then, when I was going through my amateur imagefolio, to produce original prints for my children for Xmas, I decided to include 1 of Jason's images for my 22 yo daughter who is freeezing in Germany at an Air Force Base, flickr.com/photos... ,he immediately responded and took time from his day to be sure the image was "sized" right for reproduction. He also keeps me posted on the surf when I am in baja offroad racing.
Jason is the man, and way cool. CHECK OUT THIS STREAM!"
December 21st, 2006
"I cant think of anyone else that's transforming landscape photography like this guy. When I look at one of his landscapes i'm literally drawn into the picture. Anyone can take a shot of a beautiful scene and take credit for the subject matter simply because they were there at the right time. However, I believe it takes a different skill to give that shot a life of its own. When I look at these amazing pictures I'm there, hearing the birds or smelling the sea. Totally captivating!"
December 19th, 2006
"I love this photostream. His work is so unique and inspires me, he is one of my contacts i admire and look up to highly. I'm sorry i cannot say more, this is because everyone has expressed how i feel about your work and so many others...
Please for everyone's sake keep up your fabulous work.
October 25th, 2006
"Such an amazing photostream. One of the best i have seen on flickr that goes beyone the limits of just everyday photography. Very creative and brilliant!!"
September 11th, 2006
"Such amazing words and photography! There is a beauty in JHC's photos that is beyond comparision! So surreal at times I catch myself
sitting for long moments to absorb the feel of them. Keep up the wonderful work! Take the time to explore these fabulous photos!"
August 7th, 2006
- February 2006
- Malibu, CA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Film Editor, Producer
- More JHC
- jasonjhc [at] yahoo.com