From the Mountains through the City to the Sea
Human behavior is governed by the interplay of three fundamental forces, or impulses. Under the influence of the first, the Life impulse, we eat, seek shelter, have sex, and do innumerable other things in service simply of staying alive and perpetuating life. We could continue to exist if this were our only drive, but plainly it is not. Dissatisfied with just existing, we also are driven by a second impulse, Wonder. It is this impulse that makes us search for the meaning of our existence. Witness the pervasiveness of this drive in the countless religions, philosophies, and laws we invent to answer the ultimate question, “Why are we here?” But we don’t reduce to a duality. There is a third, primary impulse at hand in all of us, that which impels us to create art, to be captivated by art, even to be art. The Art impulse is as fundamental to our humanness as Life and Wonder. Nurture your third impulse.
All photography and content copyright © 2010 Jason Crockett Photography. All rights reserved.
- Timelapse Videos 6,650 photos, 3,319 members
- Quizz (invited only, plz! :) 183 photos, 386 members
- 'Views: 20,000+ 523 photos, 366 members
- Dream beaches of the world 17,191 photos, 1,701 members
- Boston Terriers 29,394 photos, 1,966 members
- ~Beautiful Water~ 7,095 photos, 638 members
- brunettes 22,174 photos, 3,837 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 213,835 photos, 31,824 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,819 photos, 1,000 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 411,951 photos, 39,427 members
- Fire and Ice 394 photos, 150 members
- Views: 5000 9,918 photos, 4,130 members
- 3000 V + 120 F [before joining tag 3000v120f !!!!!!!!] 2,209 photos, 341 members
- 1-2-3 Selfportraits (Read rules !!!) 2,191 photos, 607 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,047 photos, 1,652 members
- Foto Cats 179,787 photos, 13,120 members
- Birds in Flight! 120,726 photos, 6,803 members
- Views: 3000 9,097 photos, 3,971 members
- Churches - Please read the rules before posting 151,730 photos, 12,467 members
- Quality -- Best of the Best -- (Invitation ONLY) 4,652 photos, 1,007 members
- HOLGA -B&W- (Black & White 120film shots only) 45,744 photos, 5,091 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 22,378 photos, 5,800 members
- Your Best in Infrared 175 photos, 245 members
- Views: 2000 22,554 photos, 6,397 members
- Favorites: 200 2,404 photos, 1,363 members
- flickr.com 9,187 photos, 370 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 35,143 photos, 5,842 members
- LA South Bay 13,144 photos, 485 members
- Scout poster (!Read the Rules!) 66 photos, 58 members
- Multiple Sclerosis 589 photos, 201 members
- Surfer 7,319 photos, 1,148 members
- Favorite Land- and Seascape Pictures 62,471 photos, 6,177 members
- 1000 views + 100 favourites 3,907 photos, 1,927 members
- Favorites: 50 13,108 photos, 3,849 members
- Views: 1500 13,330 photos, 4,720 members
- Views: 100 707,008 photos, 22,323 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,885 photos, 7,624 members
- flickr GOLD***invited images only pls*** 64,296 photos, 13,262 members
- Favorites: 100 7,321 photos, 2,658 members
- Favorites: 25 15,780 photos, 4,597 members
- Views: 1000 57,939 photos, 12,013 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,613 photos, 6,704 members
- 1-2-3 FAVORITES (50+) POST 1,COMMENT ON 2 743 photos, 444 members
- Water Reflection 15,643 photos, 1,391 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 21,071 photos, 7,336 members
- Explore Top 20 1,708 photos, 614 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Hump Day Wednesdays **MACRO** 3,407,035 photos, 97,436 members
- Trophy 30,618 photos, 5,010 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 96,909 photos, 5,108 members
- Landscape 827,109 photos, 78,116 members
_Paula AnDDrade says:
"An Amazing Photographer!
His photos are an Eye Catcher, great Artist! it is a pleasure coming to his stream! ;~)
Thanks for sharing such outstanding images with us!"
25th December, 2006
Ricardo (Sr.) says:
"Jason is an incredibly cool, and truly nice, person. When I first saw his beach "landscapes" I just had to e-mail him and ask how he did it...I got back a full page step by step instruction on "blending multiple HDR images" into 1 incredible shot....huh?
Then, when I was going through my amateur imagefolio, to produce original prints for my children for Xmas, I decided to include 1 of Jason's images for my 22 yo daughter who is freeezing in Germany at an Air Force Base, flickr.com/photos... ,he immediately responded and took time from his day to be sure the image was "sized" right for reproduction. He also keeps me posted on the surf when I am in baja offroad racing.
Jason is the man, and way cool. CHECK OUT THIS STREAM!"
21st December, 2006
"I cant think of anyone else that's transforming landscape photography like this guy. When I look at one of his landscapes i'm literally drawn into the picture. Anyone can take a shot of a beautiful scene and take credit for the subject matter simply because they were there at the right time. However, I believe it takes a different skill to give that shot a life of its own. When I look at these amazing pictures I'm there, hearing the birds or smelling the sea. Totally captivating!"
19th December, 2006
"I love this photostream. His work is so unique and inspires me, he is one of my contacts i admire and look up to highly. I'm sorry i cannot say more, this is because everyone has expressed how i feel about your work and so many others...
Please for everyone's sake keep up your fabulous work.
25th October, 2006
"Such an amazing photostream. One of the best i have seen on flickr that goes beyone the limits of just everyday photography. Very creative and brilliant!!"
11th September, 2006
"Such amazing words and photography! There is a beauty in JHC's photos that is beyond comparision! So surreal at times I catch myself
sitting for long moments to absorb the feel of them. Keep up the wonderful work! Take the time to explore these fabulous photos!"
7th August, 2006
- February 2006
- Malibu, CA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Film Editor, Producer
- More JHC
- jasonjhc [at] yahoo.com