From the Mountains through the City to the Sea
Human behavior is governed by the interplay of three fundamental forces, or impulses. Under the influence of the first, the Life impulse, we eat, seek shelter, have sex, and do innumerable other things in service simply of staying alive and perpetuating life. We could continue to exist if this were our only drive, but plainly it is not. Dissatisfied with just existing, we also are driven by a second impulse, Wonder. It is this impulse that makes us search for the meaning of our existence. Witness the pervasiveness of this drive in the countless religions, philosophies, and laws we invent to answer the ultimate question, “Why are we here?” But we don’t reduce to a duality. There is a third, primary impulse at hand in all of us, that which impels us to create art, to be captivated by art, even to be art. The Art impulse is as fundamental to our humanness as Life and Wonder. Nurture your third impulse.
All photography and content copyright © 2010 Jason Crockett Photography. All rights reserved.
- Timelapse Videos 7,718 photos, 3,841 members
- Quizz (invited only, plz! :) 179 photos, 381 members
- 'Views: 20,000+ 1,441 photos, 539 members
- Dream beaches of the world 18,563 photos, 1,857 members
- Boston Terriers 29,709 photos, 1,994 members
- ~Beautiful Water~ 8,617 photos, 713 members
- brunettes 24,109 photos, 3,932 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 223,612 photos, 32,137 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,771 photos, 997 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a3) 462,250 photos, 40,206 members
- Fire and Ice 455 photos, 150 members
- Views: 5000 26,701 photos, 5,752 members
- 3000 V + 120 F [before joining tag 3000v120f !!!!!!!!] 2,026 photos, 368 members
- 1-2-3 Selfportraits (Read rules !!!) 2,472 photos, 612 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,210 photos, 1,696 members
- Foto Cats 191,785 photos, 13,713 members
- Birds in Flight! 146,421 photos, 7,341 members
- Views: 3000 26,596 photos, 5,545 members
- Churches - Please read the rules before posting 176,715 photos, 13,598 members
- Quality -- Best of the Best -- (Invitation ONLY) 4,524 photos, 991 members
- HOLGA -B&W- (Black & White 120film shots only) 46,290 photos, 5,114 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 22,082 photos, 5,765 members
- Your Best in Infrared 199 photos, 271 members
- Views: 2000 42,635 photos, 8,401 members
- Favorites: 200 8,189 photos, 2,204 members
- flickr.com 9,664 photos, 393 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 34,860 photos, 6,838 members
- LA South Bay 13,640 photos, 504 members
- Scout poster (!Read the Rules!) 68 photos, 59 members
- Multiple Sclerosis 594 photos, 204 members
- Surfer 7,005 photos, 1,160 members
- Favorite Land- and Seascape Pictures 71,015 photos, 6,388 members
- 99+ Favs 11,467 photos, 2,429 members
- Favorites: 50 42,156 photos, 5,504 members
- Views: 1500 47,241 photos, 6,438 members
- Views: 100 944,492 photos, 27,275 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 61,016 photos, 7,545 members
- flickr GOLD***invited images only pls*** 63,214 photos, 13,072 members
- Favorites: 100 29,875 photos, 4,223 members
- Favorites: 25 14,187 photos, 5,902 members
- Views: 1000 184,002 photos, 15,485 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,328 photos, 6,610 members
- 1-2-3 FAVORITES (50+) POST 1,COMMENT ON 2 641 photos, 437 members
- Water Reflection 18,705 photos, 1,528 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 20,711 photos, 7,271 members
- Explore Top 20 1,667 photos, 605 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 3,907,499 photos, 110,022 members
- Trophy 36,522 photos, 4,949 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 124,327 photos, 5,921 members
- Landscape 936,004 photos, 91,939 members
_Paula AnDDrade says:
"An Amazing Photographer!
His photos are an Eye Catcher, great Artist! it is a pleasure coming to his stream! ;~)
Thanks for sharing such outstanding images with us!"
December 25th, 2006
Ricardo (Sr.) says:
"Jason is an incredibly cool, and truly nice, person. When I first saw his beach "landscapes" I just had to e-mail him and ask how he did it...I got back a full page step by step instruction on "blending multiple HDR images" into 1 incredible shot....huh?
Then, when I was going through my amateur imagefolio, to produce original prints for my children for Xmas, I decided to include 1 of Jason's images for my 22 yo daughter who is freeezing in Germany at an Air Force Base, flickr.com/photos... ,he immediately responded and took time from his day to be sure the image was "sized" right for reproduction. He also keeps me posted on the surf when I am in baja offroad racing.
Jason is the man, and way cool. CHECK OUT THIS STREAM!"
December 21st, 2006
"I cant think of anyone else that's transforming landscape photography like this guy. When I look at one of his landscapes i'm literally drawn into the picture. Anyone can take a shot of a beautiful scene and take credit for the subject matter simply because they were there at the right time. However, I believe it takes a different skill to give that shot a life of its own. When I look at these amazing pictures I'm there, hearing the birds or smelling the sea. Totally captivating!"
December 19th, 2006
"I love this photostream. His work is so unique and inspires me, he is one of my contacts i admire and look up to highly. I'm sorry i cannot say more, this is because everyone has expressed how i feel about your work and so many others...
Please for everyone's sake keep up your fabulous work.
October 25th, 2006
"Such an amazing photostream. One of the best i have seen on flickr that goes beyone the limits of just everyday photography. Very creative and brilliant!!"
September 11th, 2006
"Such amazing words and photography! There is a beauty in JHC's photos that is beyond comparision! So surreal at times I catch myself
sitting for long moments to absorb the feel of them. Keep up the wonderful work! Take the time to explore these fabulous photos!"
August 7th, 2006
- February 2006
- Malibu, CA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Film Editor, Producer
- More JHC
- jasonjhc [at] yahoo.com