Happily married to Sick Little Monkey and living in Kansas.
- Mextures 4,771 photos, 302 members
- Available Light / Existing Light 1,291,796 photos, 24,748 members
- Mobile Phone Photography 277,571 photos, 8,946 members
- Android Photographer 82,401 photos, 4,694 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,050 photos, 1,260 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,138 photos, 1,590 members
- Welcome Back Mikey!!!! 4 photos, 49 members
- A Monthly Challenge - Christmas 843 photos, 71 members
- Windscape Kite Festival 234 photos, 13 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,742 photos, 1,290 members
- SuperSampler 19,460 photos, 2,419 members
- The Belly Button Collection 139 photos, 131 members
- 2009: A Year in Pictures 40,903 photos, 355 members
- Chihuly Art 12,066 photos, 1,489 members
- Polaroid Goop 2,421 photos, 744 members
- My Belly Hole 131 photos, 203 members
- Naturey Crap 94,157 photos, 3,012 members
- Vistaquest VQ1005,1015, 2005 & Genie III Keychain Cameras 14,136 photos, 1,522 members
- Objects for Layers -- Please read rules before posting 1,094 photos, 1,107 members
- Zombies, Zombies, Zombies! 40,760 photos, 3,809 members
- Textures for Layers 15,213 photos, 16,490 members
- The Office Thursdays 109 photos, 68 members
- McPherson, Kansas 67460 455 photos, 21 members
- Hood Rats 490 photos, 239 members
- Strobist.com 608,201 photos, 123,924 members
- ♥ Xelia and Brigid ♥ 20 photos, 10 members
- ttv whores 16,448 photos, 906 members
- 100 Strangers 49,224 photos, 11,680 members
- Wichita Photographers 31,171 photos, 740 members
- 365 More 51,981 photos, 203 members
- 2008: A Year in Pictures 22,107 photos, 386 members
- A Giving Year 58 photos, 60 members
- 365 (well almost) of RachelK 14 photos, 26 members
- Lock Whores 1,645 photos, 537 members
- Ratings and Contests Amos7 Group 435 photos, 499 members
- Pimp my Pixels 7,268 photos, 2,940 members
- 80's style Double Exposure portraits 54 photos, 171 members
- *barf!* 200 photos, 25 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 29,363 photos, 6,575 members
- circle of confusion 3,427 photos, 313 members
- tag whores 1,725 photos, 191 members
- rust whores 11,806 photos, 976 members
- line whores 35,400 photos, 1,821 members
- color whores 115,709 photos, 2,894 members
- As Eye See It 17,227 photos, 620 members
- polaroid whores 4,108 photos, 212 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 16,980 photos, 17,985 members
- Caffeinated Photography 2 photos, 7 members
- brick whores 5,436 photos, 372 members
- Doorways 2,491 photos, 245 members
"Jessi is one of the rare ones. A beauty in front of the camera, an artist behind the camera and a fun and interesting persona. She is one of the people here on flickr that has been a true inspiration to me and my own work, I believe, is better for having known her."
May 11th, 2009
"Your pictures are fun and have alot of movement in them. Look forward to seeing way more! awsome work!"
February 21st, 2008
Stephen Poff says:
"I've known Jessi for just a short period of time, but in that time she has won me over with how fun and charming her photos are.
After talking with her before her 365 Video Podcast debut, I went back to the beginning to see what she was all about. I found a budding young photographer that suddenly sprung to life within months and grew to be an exciting talent that despite her claim to not know what she's doing seems extremely competent technically.
Her photos are always fun and I look forward to seeing where she goes in the near future.
February 15th, 2008
"Jessi is amazing. She looks a little like Joan Jett and her photographs are like kick-ass rock songs. Best of luck to you in all your endeavors, Jess....your creativity is an inspiration."
February 10th, 2008
The Fuzzball says:
"How did I JUST now find this amazing woman? Her photos are droolworthy and I crave her gift with processing. She is a super friend, an AMAZING photographer, and the perfect hugsnorglesillybean. We should all be so lucky. I am so very happy to have Miss Jessi as a friend and I can't WAIT to wander north and get to meet her and the infamous James in person. Thank goodness for Flickr for giving people the opportunity to find their goofy counterparts all over the world!"
October 29th, 2007
"Jessi has this amazing eye for taking small time, not really worth a second glance views and turning them in superfine, hyper real photos that really pop out of the screen. But the reason I mostly stop by to see Jessi? Her tags are some of the funniest, sweetest and cutest I've seen in a long time :) viva jessi!"
September 12th, 2007
"one of the things I decided on when i started doing 365 days was that I did not have enough confidence in myself to take the same kind of shot over and over again. I knew that I'd just get bored of seeing myself in the same setting over and over. Jessi has somehow managed to avoid this. I don't know if she's bored with herself, but I'm certainly not bored with her. Amazingly she finds some way of making each and every shot different and creative while remaining thematically the same.
And her other, non-365 photography is amazing as well. Even if she doesn't think so, she creates just about the sexiest self-portraiture I've ever seen as well as some very inventive shots of other things and people as well."
February 8th, 2007
Sick Little Monkey says:
"Jessi is really an amazing photographer with a keen eye and a natural ability to capture her subject creatively, be that people, paper clips, or herself. Along with a growing respect for her photographic abilities, I have also gotten to know Jessi as a person. She is simply amazing, a wonderful blend of beauty, humor, youthful exuberance, and humility. She actively comments on other's photos and always has fun, positive things to say. Her quirky sense of humor has had me cracking up on more occasions than I can count. I'm truly honored to have found her and count her as a friend. Now if she would just quit straightening her hair... :oP"
February 9th, 2007
"I do believe that Jessi is one of the most natural photographers that I have ever come across. Her ability to capture an emotion, a color, a texture, or an event come through in every picture.
Well done and keep up the excellent work!"
January 18th, 2007
"To call Jessi talented would be an understatement to say the least. Her photographs give insight to her wonderful personality and great sense of humor, not to mention a style all her own. I always look forward to her updates and could easily spend hours on her stream. You rock Jessi!"
January 15th, 2007
"Jessi has a great eye for a shot, and she doesn't just do (awesome) self-portraits. Take a look further back in her stream and there's lots of excellent diverse shots.
She has made a unique style, and she's not afraid to be daring with it. Keep up the stellar work Jessi =D"
December 16th, 2006
Fractal 00 says:
"What can i say about jessi .. one of my favourite Black and White photographers out there. I remember getting hooked on her profile when i first discovered it. She has a nice eye for things, and really knows how to frame her photographs. On top of that she is one interesting girl, manages to make me smile quite often :)"
November 23rd, 2006
Ilias Sakalak says:
is a person with a nice, optimistic and colourful 'eye'.
One can tell so looking at her pictures.
I am sure she will have a steady progress.
She can impose fellings with her pictures.
Keep up the good work Jessi"
July 25th, 2006
"Jess is simply amazing..she is so young and so talented.. her eye for composition is just amazing..she is a natural..her pictures are simple and stunning without any real post processing hoopla that we see these days..her knack for photography makes her look like a seasoned veteran.
She is also very generous and a great flickr friend who always cracks me up.
All i can say is that Jess rocks..
Keep up the great work and keep em coming! :)"
July 9th, 2006
Norma Desmond says:
"Jess has an amazing eye (not just cause of her current icon; ))and captures the most beautiful photos that always make you stop and stay a while. It's the simplicity, the colours and the thoughtful composition.
Her blog is pretty good too..."
June 12th, 2006
"She's only got a little camera -- and she's little too herself -- but she takes impressive photographs.
If you find yourself in Canada, look her up. She's got some interesting tales to tell. Like the one about the three zebras and the paperclip. That's my favourite."
May 16th, 2006
wander aimlessly says:
"Jess always makes me laugh, and she laughs at me, which is good! She is also a very talented photographer and one day we are going to run away, like Thelma and Louise and have a Hell of a time!"
May 3rd, 2006
love like blue says:
"How can someone as amazing as you not have a testimonial yet?
Ahem. Jess rocks my socks off, and not just with her stunning photography, though that certainly doesn't hurt. :)"
April 29th, 2006
- January 2006
- USA (but I'm still a Canadian, dammit!)
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- freelance writer
- Jessi and James Prints for Sale