View my Photosteam at Flickriver:
View my Favorites from other Flickr users at Flickriver:
Today's 'Explore' at Flickriver
Search Flickr by Color!
"if you can’t make a great picture in your own backyard, it isn’t going to happen anywhere else."
-- Kenneth Jarecke
"If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you. If you're not out there, you'll only hear about it."
-- Jay Maisel
“The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.”
"I discovered that this camera was the technical means in photography of communicating what the world looks like in a state of heightened awareness. And it’s that awareness of really looking at the everyday world with clear and focused attention that I’m interested in."
"Forget about the profession of being a photographer. First be a photographer and maybe the profession will come after. Don’t be in a rush to pay your rent with your camera. Jimi Hendrix didn’t decide on the career of professional musician before he learned to play guitar. No, he loved music and created something beautiful and that THEN became a profession. Larry Towell, for instance, was not a “professional” photographer until he was already a “famous” photographer. Make the pictures you feel compelled to make and perhaps that will lead to a career. But if you try to make the career first, you will just make shitty pictures that you don’t care about."
"Don't think about making art. Just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they're deciding, make even more art."
Cameras I've used:
Fuji FinePix 2600 Zoom (2001-2004) (no longer operational) -- My first digital, purchased just before my first child was born. A competent point and shoot.
Canon PowerShot S1 IS (2004-2007) -- This camera (and this photo, more specifically) ignited in me a love of photography. I have found that photography has given me new eyes -- I now see beauty where I used to see none. Even among 'ugliness' I still find beauty surrounding me. Even if I don't have a camera with me (which isn't very often), or, more likely, if I simply don't have time or don't get the opportunity to photograph the beauty I see, I'm usually OK with that -- simply being happy to have been witness to beauty in all its forms.
Nikon D40 (2007-present -- my walk-around and back-up) -- My first SLR, digital or otherwise. I love it!
Nikon D90 (2010-present)
**Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor (D40 Kit)
**Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor
** Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM
Nikon Point & Shoot - 35mm - (1993-2001) - from college - nothing on Flickr from that camera.
Polaroid - Unfortunately, I didn't discover the joys for Polaroid until after they ceased production of film packs. Fortunately, I was still able to secure a few packs of 600 film locally.
I must give credit to girlhula, who inspires me continually, but her lovely Polaroids put me on alert to acquire a Polaroid camera, if possible. More recently, it has been Grant Hamilton and his Geometries set that have been inspiring, stylistically.
Polaroid OneStep 600 - (2009-present) - my first Polaroid - found at a rummage in nearly perfect condition in the box with the original user manual, registration card, etc. -- for a dollar!
Yashica-Mat LM (borrowed) -- I have finally loaded some film into this camera -- results coming soon!
Photos of Jeremy Stockwell (4)
- I would live there. 1,418 photos, 98 members
- Maximal minimalism 35,513 photos, 2,393 members
- Effected Cameras 42,984 photos, 3,492 members
- sleeveface 4,196 photos, 2,495 members
- Flickr Camera & Aviary filters 613 photos, 10 members
- Campers any mobile living 13,201 photos, 253 members
- Impossible Instant Lab photos 2,268 photos, 329 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 2,828 photos, 969 members
- We Are Madison County 21 photos, 9 members
- Beginners Video: Tiny Movie Techniques 1,593 photos, 570 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 65,912 photos, 5,963 members
- Comet PAN-STARRS 458 photos, 166 members
- Yashica 635 3,176 photos, 545 members
- Allis Chalmers Tractors and Related 7,014 photos, 316 members
- Land Empire 1,135 photos, 1,383 members
- Nikkor 85mm F1.8D 34,884 photos, 3,873 members
- 85mm 69,924 photos, 5,526 members
- AF NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8/D User Group. 13,650 photos, 1,809 members
- NASA Venus Transit Observing Challenge 2,171 photos, 1,234 members
- It's an Addiction (Tutorials and Learning) 8,535 photos, 1,951 members
- Flags of Freedom 851 photos, 68 members
- Aviary on Flickr 3,289 photos, 218 members
- Automotive Artistry 54,579 photos, 2,414 members
- 55 56 57 Ford Thunderbird 20,160 photos, 744 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G 37,116 photos, 5,832 members
- [Foolosophy] 3,216 photos, 273 members
- Nature Nerds 34,340 photos, 2,209 members
- idioms 316 photos, 130 members
- Me Again Monday: Open 6,480 photos, 551 members
- Glowing spiral burners! 37 photos, 4 members
- 000000 (The Color of Black) 698 photos, 3,085 members
- Faith is Funny 3,227 photos, 182 members
- Chinese Restaurant Worldwide Documentation Project 26,011 photos, 1,145 members
- A-Frames 3,863 photos, 567 members
- American Elegy 23,291 photos, 578 members
- American Typologies 39,905 photos, 786 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 432,633 photos, 29,585 members
- Urban Entropy 22,569 photos, 698 members
- This is America 226,750 photos, 3,400 members
- Fading America 99,275 photos, 2,546 members
- Informative Photos: Teach Me Something New! 1,293 photos, 66 members
- William Eggleston 84,202 photos, 3,027 members
- Loons 2,712 photos, 388 members
- Indianapolis Strobist 753 photos, 120 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 494,551 photos, 21,509 members
- 'Name Me' or 'Agree a Fee.' 209 photos, 173 members
- The Beatles Project 727 photos, 505 members
- Citing Beatles Songs 694 photos, 163 members
- Just walking 34,450 photos, 1,920 members
- MicroMachines 250 photos, 58 members
Jeremy Stockwell doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Jeremy Stockwell
- August 2005
- Roachdale, Indiana
- Anderson, IN, U.S.A.
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Copyright Licensing
- My Blog