Photography is more than a hobby, it's a passion. It keeps me sane. It helps me see the little things around me rather than just the rush of the city.
If I can see it, I will probably shoot it. Most of my photostream is urban scenes, since that is where I spend most of my time. I have a soft spot for neon signs, especially vintage neon.
Many of the images on my photostream are licensed under the Creative Commons. Take them, remix them, print them, enjoy them.
If you want to use an image that is NOT licensed under the Creative Commons, or if you want to use any image for commercial purposes, just contact me and we can work something out.
You can find me various places around the web, usually as jeremybrooks:
When I'm not shooting, I make computers bow to my will. If you are a Flickr user, you might be interested in one of my projects, SuprSetr.
- 'RoidWeek 2017 2,144 photos, 488 members
- Fujifilm X-Pro2 Photography 20,405 photos, 651 members
- Your Best Shot 2016 28,113 photos, 40,310 members
- 'RoidWeek 2016 4,375 photos, 941 members
- InstantFlex TL70 Family 552 photos, 154 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 24,892 photos, 43,160 members
- Photo Podcast Network 30,562 photos, 1,166 members
- FUJIFILM X Street Photography 165,473 photos, 5,709 members
- Flickr Social 278,792 photos, 7,541 members
- 'RoidWeek 2015 3,601 photos, 721 members
- South of Market: 2015 1 photo, 1 member
- Project Weather 639,051 photos, 94,173 members
- Frankfurt Photos 60,499 photos, 3,240 members
- Istanbul 98,837 photos, 6,593 members
- Nik Analog Efex Pro 3,337 photos, 327 members
- 99% Invisible - Now You See It 446 photos, 183 members
- Jinx Test Group - Invitation Only 0 photos, 1 member
- Jinx Test Group 0 photos, 1 member
- Spring RoidWeek 2014 2,431 photos, 697 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,848 photos, 13,272 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 2,836 photos, 971 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 109,465 photos, 7,589 members
- Reykjavik@night 1,436 photos, 425 members
- Reykjavik 18,873 photos, 1,579 members
- Harpa - Harp - The concert hall in Reykjavik 290 photos, 92 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 272,206 photos, 7,930 members
- Hueless 1,473 photos, 74 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,769 photos, 6,321 members
- Impossible Project PX70 Film 7,538 photos, 620 members
- Berkeleyside 14,690 photos, 408 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 414,603 photos, 17,286 members
- Vespaaah!! 22,467 photos, 1,858 members
- Objective Scenes 3,992 photos, 212 members
- Interlacer App 111 photos, 29 members
- Tagerator Tag Clouds 1 photo, 1 member
- Museum of Neon Art 802 photos, 163 members
- Muni Diaries Photos 4,823 photos, 278 members
- Feet On Muni 70 photos, 4 members
- Silver Efex Pro 75,106 photos, 2,897 members
- The Tender 3,541 photos, 145 members
- San Pablo Avenue 544 photos, 44 members
- WBUR: The Listener Photo Project 7,820 photos, 293 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 20,817 photos, 1,214 members
- Liquor Signs - Neon, Painted, Plastic Liquor Store & Bar Signs 2,363 photos, 321 members
- IMPOSSIBLE 600/ SX-70 / Spectra / 8x10 Film 27,473 photos, 2,158 members
- Impossible Project Dark Slides 90 photos, 85 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 149,297 photos, 9,772 members
- TEMPORARY Transbay Terminal 187 photos, 41 members
- Hipstafanatics 51,034 photos, 803 members
- ONE car 1,549 photos, 43 members
"jeremy really encouraged me to get back into photography. i always pester him with questions and he is not afraid to say "i don't know". but he knows A LOT. he has a great vision for urban and street photography, taking both the classic shots but also shooting things that i would walk by. so he is also observant. he is also a great guy and a friend of mine. i look at every picture that he posts up on flickr. i thank him now in digital format. well done kind sir
- mat aka Hugh Janus Photography"
September 29th, 2010
"Jeremy takes some brilliant photos. That's all you need to know. Stop reading these testimonials, and start plowing through his stream. You'll find photos that will make you smile or laugh, and photos so good they'll hurt. You'll wish you'd taken them.
He's also a pretty nice guy, which is a bonus, but even if he wasn't, you'd still love his photos."
December 18th, 2009
Anthony Citrano says:
"Jeremy has a great eye - maybe even two - and every time I surf his photostream I find great joy in seeing the world through his lens. His wonderful use of color, symmetry, and the just-plain-wondrous way of "noticing" the world make Jeremy a photog worth watching."
January 22nd, 2009
Håkan Dahlström says:
"Jeremy is the king of neon. His street photography is amazing. I find inspiration from his photostream almost daily. Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos."
January 20th, 2009
"He takes photos of people in public places. I do the same thing. Consent is immediate when you leave your home!"
August 25th, 2008
Thomas Hawk says:
"Jeremy captures the day in day out beauty of his world. He lives the life attached with camera beautifully all the way presenting us daily images of the world around him. Lucky for us so many of these images are the beautiful ones. Oh, and like me he's addicted to neon."
February 15th, 2008
"You know those people who are just plain talented and do well at whatever they try? That's Jeremy. Of course, he would argue... but since he's my husband, maybe he'll let me win this one.
In the past, he was able to take some amazing shots with a point & shoot, finding ways to push its limitations. He is a firm believer and good example that photography is in the eye, not the equipment.
In early 2007 he upgraded to an SLR and it has helped his photography reach new heights. I'm always amazed by what he comes up with. He's an inspiring photographer and has taught me a lot. I love his work... and he's not so bad either ;)"
September 5th, 2007
Gail Peck says:
"I first came across Jeremy's photos on the Panasonic DMC-FX3 nightime page and was in awe immediately. He has since moved on to a bigger camera with spectacular results. He is an inspiring photographer and wonderful contact. He has helped me innumerable times with technical questions as well. His attention to photographing details is a constant delight."
August 8th, 2007
Andrew Møøre says:
"I first met Jeremy on a Photowalk with Thomas Hawk and the gang. At first I found it odd that a man with a point and shoot would come along and not be afraid of what he had in his hands. Personally I have nothing against point and shoots, people can come up with amazing photos with point and shoots just as well as someone with an SLR. I just found it amazing he had the courage to show up with one. Being that I hadn't looked at any of his photos during the walk ( we were both on the quiet side) I didn't know if he was good or average or what. When I got home I checked out his photos and was very impressed someone could come up with such great shots with a point and shoot. They were amazing, everything from macros to signs, buildings and wide angle views. He has it all, and now with his New SLR he has captured scenes even better than before. I love his work, he has taught me a lot.
May 3rd, 2007
- Jeremy Brooks
- September 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer