Photography is more than a hobby, it's a passion. It keeps me sane. It helps me see the little things around me rather than just the rush of the city.
If I can see it, I will probably shoot it. Most of my photostream is urban scenes, since that is where I spend most of my time. I have a soft spot for neon signs, especially vintage neon.
Many of the images on my photostream are licensed under the Creative Commons. Take them, remix them, print them, enjoy them.
If you want to use an image that is NOT licensed under the Creative Commons, or if you want to use any image for commercial purposes, just contact me and we can work something out.
You can find me various places around the web, usually as jeremybrooks:
When I'm not shooting, I make computers bow to my will. If you are a Flickr user, you might be interested in one of my projects, SuprSetr.
- 'RoidWeek 2017 3,827 photos, 639 members
- Fujifilm X-Pro2 Photography 34,328 photos, 755 members
- Your Best Shot 2016 27,158 photos, 38,068 members
- 'RoidWeek 2016 4,273 photos, 1,217 members
- InstantFlex TL70 Family 726 photos, 178 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 24,274 photos, 41,741 members
- Photo Podcast Network 38,376 photos, 1,225 members
- FUJIFILM X Street Photography 207,513 photos, 6,494 members
- Flickr Social 439,400 photos, 10,084 members
- 'RoidWeek 2015 3,481 photos, 695 members
- South of Market: 2015 1 photo, 1 member
- Project Weather 627,612 photos, 93,253 members
- Frankfurt Photos 66,182 photos, 3,297 members
- Istanbul 108,861 photos, 6,795 members
- Nik Analog Efex Pro 3,931 photos, 346 members
- 99% Invisible - Now You See It 492 photos, 181 members
- Jinx Test Group - Invitation Only 0 photos, 1 member
- Jinx Test Group 0 photos, 1 member
- Spring RoidWeek 2014 2,358 photos, 670 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,655 photos, 12,918 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 2,785 photos, 959 members
- Reykjavik@night 1,468 photos, 445 members
- Reykjavik 20,518 photos, 1,625 members
- Harpa - Harp - The concert hall in Reykjavik 303 photos, 100 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 290,059 photos, 7,866 members
- Hueless 1,479 photos, 73 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,672 photos, 6,122 members
- Impossible Project PX70 Film 7,333 photos, 620 members
- Berkeleyside 15,403 photos, 429 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 423,507 photos, 17,175 members
- Vespaaah!! 22,517 photos, 1,856 members
- Objective Scenes 4,148 photos, 210 members
- Interlacer App 112 photos, 31 members
- Tagerator Tag Clouds 1 photo, 1 member
- Muni Diaries Photos 5,084 photos, 270 members
- Feet On Muni 70 photos, 4 members
- Silver Efex Pro 78,298 photos, 2,885 members
- The Tender 3,475 photos, 145 members
- San Pablo Avenue 592 photos, 45 members
- WBUR: The Listener Photo Project 7,897 photos, 294 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 21,427 photos, 1,199 members
- Liquor Signs - Neon, Painted, Plastic Liquor Store & Bar Signs 2,453 photos, 323 members
- IMPOSSIBLE 600/ SX-70 / Spectra / 8x10 Film 28,999 photos, 2,178 members
- Impossible Project Dark Slides 88 photos, 89 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 153,096 photos, 9,873 members
- TEMPORARY Transbay Terminal 187 photos, 41 members
- Hipstafanatics 52,470 photos, 801 members
- ONE car 1,877 photos, 47 members
- Mission District 15,237 photos, 775 members
- Friday Night Drinking & Shooting Club 4,051 photos, 274 members
"jeremy really encouraged me to get back into photography. i always pester him with questions and he is not afraid to say "i don't know". but he knows A LOT. he has a great vision for urban and street photography, taking both the classic shots but also shooting things that i would walk by. so he is also observant. he is also a great guy and a friend of mine. i look at every picture that he posts up on flickr. i thank him now in digital format. well done kind sir
- mat aka Hugh Janus Photography"
September 29th, 2010
"Jeremy takes some brilliant photos. That's all you need to know. Stop reading these testimonials, and start plowing through his stream. You'll find photos that will make you smile or laugh, and photos so good they'll hurt. You'll wish you'd taken them.
He's also a pretty nice guy, which is a bonus, but even if he wasn't, you'd still love his photos."
December 18th, 2009
Anthony Citrano says:
"Jeremy has a great eye - maybe even two - and every time I surf his photostream I find great joy in seeing the world through his lens. His wonderful use of color, symmetry, and the just-plain-wondrous way of "noticing" the world make Jeremy a photog worth watching."
January 22nd, 2009
Håkan Dahlström says:
"Jeremy is the king of neon. His street photography is amazing. I find inspiration from his photostream almost daily. Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos."
January 20th, 2009
"He takes photos of people in public places. I do the same thing. Consent is immediate when you leave your home!"
August 25th, 2008
Thomas Hawk says:
"Jeremy captures the day in day out beauty of his world. He lives the life attached with camera beautifully all the way presenting us daily images of the world around him. Lucky for us so many of these images are the beautiful ones. Oh, and like me he's addicted to neon."
February 15th, 2008
"You know those people who are just plain talented and do well at whatever they try? That's Jeremy. Of course, he would argue... but since he's my husband, maybe he'll let me win this one.
In the past, he was able to take some amazing shots with a point & shoot, finding ways to push its limitations. He is a firm believer and good example that photography is in the eye, not the equipment.
In early 2007 he upgraded to an SLR and it has helped his photography reach new heights. I'm always amazed by what he comes up with. He's an inspiring photographer and has taught me a lot. I love his work... and he's not so bad either ;)"
September 5th, 2007
Gail Peck says:
"I first came across Jeremy's photos on the Panasonic DMC-FX3 nightime page and was in awe immediately. He has since moved on to a bigger camera with spectacular results. He is an inspiring photographer and wonderful contact. He has helped me innumerable times with technical questions as well. His attention to photographing details is a constant delight."
August 8th, 2007
six match says:
"I first met Jeremy on a Photowalk with Thomas Hawk and the gang. At first I found it odd that a man with a point and shoot would come along and not be afraid of what he had in his hands. Personally I have nothing against point and shoots, people can come up with amazing photos with point and shoots just as well as someone with an SLR. I just found it amazing he had the courage to show up with one. Being that I hadn't looked at any of his photos during the walk ( we were both on the quiet side) I didn't know if he was good or average or what. When I got home I checked out his photos and was very impressed someone could come up with such great shots with a point and shoot. They were amazing, everything from macros to signs, buildings and wide angle views. He has it all, and now with his New SLR he has captured scenes even better than before. I love his work, he has taught me a lot.
May 3rd, 2007
- Jeremy Brooks
- September 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer