Photography is more than a hobby, it's a passion. It keeps me sane. It helps me see the little things around me rather than just the rush of the city.
If I can see it, I will probably shoot it. Most of my photostream is urban scenes, since that is where I spend most of my time. I have a soft spot for neon signs, especially vintage neon.
Many of the images on my photostream are licensed under the Creative Commons. Take them, remix them, print them, enjoy them.
If you want to use an image that is NOT licensed under the Creative Commons, or if you want to use any image for commercial purposes, just contact me and we can work something out.
You can find me various places around the web, usually as jeremybrooks:
When I'm not shooting, I make computers bow to my will. If you are a Flickr user, you might be interested in one of my projects, SuprSetr.
- InstantFlex TL70 Family 326 photos, 68 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,784 photos, 45,189 members
- WeShootFuji 13,357 photos, 955 members
- FUJIFILM X Street Photography 105,020 photos, 4,133 members
- Flickr Social 80,205 photos, 3,840 members
- 'RoidWeek 2015 3,701 photos, 722 members
- South of Market: 2015 1 photo, 2 members
- Project Weather 645,616 photos, 92,219 members
- Frankfurt Photos 53,334 photos, 2,996 members
- Istanbul 90,865 photos, 6,227 members
- Nik Analog Efex Pro 2,108 photos, 236 members
- 99% Invisible - Now You See It 201 photos, 177 members
- Jinx Test Group - Invitation Only 0 photos, 1 member
- Jinx Test Group 0 photos, 1 member
- Spring RoidWeek 2014 2,495 photos, 709 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,995 photos, 13,675 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 2,900 photos, 982 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 79,118 photos, 6,813 members
- Reykjavik@night 1,410 photos, 414 members
- Reykjavik 17,586 photos, 1,478 members
- Harpa - Harp - The concert hall in Reykjavik 266 photos, 79 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 235,946 photos, 7,502 members
- Hueless 1,415 photos, 74 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,870 photos, 6,500 members
- Impossible Project PX70 Film 7,472 photos, 601 members
- Berkeleyside 12,844 photos, 372 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 387,034 photos, 17,152 members
- Vespaaah!! 22,332 photos, 1,826 members
- Objective Scenes 3,863 photos, 215 members
- Interlacer App 111 photos, 31 members
- Tagerator Tag Clouds 1 photo, 1 member
- Museum of Neon Art 630 photos, 139 members
- Muni Diaries Photos 4,543 photos, 273 members
- Feet On Muni 69 photos, 4 members
- Silver Efex Pro 64,225 photos, 2,729 members
- The Tender 3,432 photos, 143 members
- San Pablo Avenue 461 photos, 43 members
- WBUR: The Listener Photo Project 7,603 photos, 293 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 19,814 photos, 1,223 members
- Liquor Signs - Neon, Painted, Plastic Liquor Store & Bar Signs 2,099 photos, 314 members
- IMPOSSIBLE PX / PZ / 8x10 CP Film 25,945 photos, 2,150 members
- Impossible Project Dark Slides 90 photos, 84 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 140,214 photos, 9,321 members
- TEMPORARY Transbay Terminal 187 photos, 41 members
- Hipstafanatics 49,803 photos, 806 members
- ONE car 1,395 photos, 36 members
- Mission District 14,453 photos, 757 members
- Friday Night Drinking & Shooting Club 3,683 photos, 272 members
- Cloud Junkie 411,097 photos, 42,419 members
- Transbay Terminal 1,202 photos, 144 members
"jeremy really encouraged me to get back into photography. i always pester him with questions and he is not afraid to say "i don't know". but he knows A LOT. he has a great vision for urban and street photography, taking both the classic shots but also shooting things that i would walk by. so he is also observant. he is also a great guy and a friend of mine. i look at every picture that he posts up on flickr. i thank him now in digital format. well done kind sir
- mat aka Hugh Janus Photography"
September 29th, 2010
"Jeremy takes some brilliant photos. That's all you need to know. Stop reading these testimonials, and start plowing through his stream. You'll find photos that will make you smile or laugh, and photos so good they'll hurt. You'll wish you'd taken them.
He's also a pretty nice guy, which is a bonus, but even if he wasn't, you'd still love his photos."
December 18th, 2009
Anthony Citrano says:
"Jeremy has a great eye - maybe even two - and every time I surf his photostream I find great joy in seeing the world through his lens. His wonderful use of color, symmetry, and the just-plain-wondrous way of "noticing" the world make Jeremy a photog worth watching."
January 22nd, 2009
Håkan Dahlström says:
"Jeremy is the king of neon. His street photography is amazing. I find inspiration from his photostream almost daily. Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos."
January 20th, 2009
"He takes photos of people in public places. I do the same thing. Consent is immediate when you leave your home!"
August 25th, 2008
Thomas Hawk says:
"Jeremy captures the day in day out beauty of his world. He lives the life attached with camera beautifully all the way presenting us daily images of the world around him. Lucky for us so many of these images are the beautiful ones. Oh, and like me he's addicted to neon."
February 15th, 2008
"You know those people who are just plain talented and do well at whatever they try? That's Jeremy. Of course, he would argue... but since he's my husband, maybe he'll let me win this one.
In the past, he was able to take some amazing shots with a point & shoot, finding ways to push its limitations. He is a firm believer and good example that photography is in the eye, not the equipment.
In early 2007 he upgraded to an SLR and it has helped his photography reach new heights. I'm always amazed by what he comes up with. He's an inspiring photographer and has taught me a lot. I love his work... and he's not so bad either ;)"
September 5th, 2007
Gail Peck says:
"I first came across Jeremy's photos on the Panasonic DMC-FX3 nightime page and was in awe immediately. He has since moved on to a bigger camera with spectacular results. He is an inspiring photographer and wonderful contact. He has helped me innumerable times with technical questions as well. His attention to photographing details is a constant delight."
August 8th, 2007
Andrew Møøre says:
"I first met Jeremy on a Photowalk with Thomas Hawk and the gang. At first I found it odd that a man with a point and shoot would come along and not be afraid of what he had in his hands. Personally I have nothing against point and shoots, people can come up with amazing photos with point and shoots just as well as someone with an SLR. I just found it amazing he had the courage to show up with one. Being that I hadn't looked at any of his photos during the walk ( we were both on the quiet side) I didn't know if he was good or average or what. When I got home I checked out his photos and was very impressed someone could come up with such great shots with a point and shoot. They were amazing, everything from macros to signs, buildings and wide angle views. He has it all, and now with his New SLR he has captured scenes even better than before. I love his work, he has taught me a lot.
May 3rd, 2007
- Jeremy Brooks
- September 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer