Photography is more than a hobby, it's a passion. It keeps me sane. It helps me see the little things around me rather than just the rush of the city.
If I can see it, I will probably shoot it. Most of my photostream is urban scenes, since that is where I spend most of my time. I have a soft spot for neon signs, especially vintage neon.
The images on my photostream are licensed under the Creative Commons. Take them, remix them, print them, enjoy them. If you want to use them for commercial purposes, just contact me and we can work something out.
You can find me various places around the web, usually as jeremybrooks:
When I'm not shooting, I make computers bow to my will. If you are a Flickr user, you might be interested in one of my projects, SuprSetr.
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,611 photos, 15,169 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 3,056 photos, 1,015 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 29,579 photos, 4,385 members
- Reykjavik@night 1,256 photos, 392 members
- Reykjavik 14,895 photos, 1,296 members
- Harpa - Harp - The concert hall in Reykjavik 196 photos, 59 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 165,803 photos, 6,788 members
- Hueless 1,070 photos, 60 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,078 photos, 6,939 members
- Impossible Project PX70 Film 6,659 photos, 546 members
- Berkeleyside 9,684 photos, 318 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 320,704 photos, 16,007 members
- Vespaaah!! 21,081 photos, 1,723 members
- Objective Scenes 3,701 photos, 223 members
- Interlacer App 120 photos, 31 members
- Tagerator Tag Clouds 1 photo, 1 member
- Museum of Neon Art 598 photos, 110 members
- Muni Diaries Photos 4,123 photos, 256 members
- Feet On Muni 66 photos, 4 members
- Silver Efex Pro 45,393 photos, 2,355 members
- The Tender 3,249 photos, 142 members
- San Pablo Avenue 410 photos, 43 members
- WBUR: The Listener Photo Project 7,485 photos, 294 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 17,948 photos, 1,167 members
- Liquor Signs - Neon, Painted, Plastic Liquor Store & Bar Signs 1,881 photos, 295 members
- IMPOSSIBLE PX / PZ / 8x10 CP Film 26,093 photos, 2,187 members
- Impossible Project Dark Slides 95 photos, 81 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 120,886 photos, 8,343 members
- TEMPORARY Transbay Terminal 131 photos, 41 members
- Hipstafanatics 40,144 photos, 770 members
- ONE car 1,472 photos, 33 members
- Mission District 14,177 photos, 738 members
- Friday Night Drinking & Shooting Club 3,105 photos, 250 members
- Cloud Junkie 304,879 photos, 28,813 members
- Transbay Terminal 1,166 photos, 137 members
- Neon Puddles 54 photos, 46 members
- SFist 68,129 photos, 1,404 members
- sfweekly 24,834 photos, 268 members
- San Francisco - Locals Only 10,283 photos, 373 members
- iPhoneography 359,196 photos, 11,967 members
- $2 Portraits 709 photos, 886 members
- Naturey Crap 82,860 photos, 2,997 members
- Arrow Signs 8,572 photos, 546 members
- San Francisco Street Photographers 5,752 photos, 327 members
- San Francisco at Night 21,512 photos, 2,850 members
- Curbed SF 32,937 photos, 784 members
- 7x7 Magazine - Daily Hot Shot! 19,772 photos, 493 members
- Guess Where SF 30,301 photos, 1,609 members
- Flickr API 804 photos, 14,082 members
- Booze 'n' Bokeh 495 photos, 147 members
"jeremy really encouraged me to get back into photography. i always pester him with questions and he is not afraid to say "i don't know". but he knows A LOT. he has a great vision for urban and street photography, taking both the classic shots but also shooting things that i would walk by. so he is also observant. he is also a great guy and a friend of mine. i look at every picture that he posts up on flickr. i thank him now in digital format. well done kind sir
- mat aka Hugh Janus Photography"
29th September, 2010
"Jeremy takes some brilliant photos. That's all you need to know. Stop reading these testimonials, and start plowing through his stream. You'll find photos that will make you smile or laugh, and photos so good they'll hurt. You'll wish you'd taken them.
He's also a pretty nice guy, which is a bonus, but even if he wasn't, you'd still love his photos."
18th December, 2009
Anthony Citrano says:
"Jeremy has a great eye - maybe even two - and every time I surf his photostream I find great joy in seeing the world through his lens. His wonderful use of color, symmetry, and the just-plain-wondrous way of "noticing" the world make Jeremy a photog worth watching."
22nd January, 2009
Håkan Dahlström says:
"Jeremy is the king of neon. His street photography is amazing. I find inspiration from his photostream almost daily. Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos."
20th January, 2009
"He takes photos of people in public places. I do the same thing. Consent is immediate when you leave your home!"
25th August, 2008
Thomas Hawk says:
"Jeremy captures the day in day out beauty of his world. He lives the life attached with camera beautifully all the way presenting us daily images of the world around him. Lucky for us so many of these images are the beautiful ones. Oh, and like me he's addicted to neon."
15th February, 2008
"You know those people who are just plain talented and do well at whatever they try? That's Jeremy. Of course, he would argue... but since he's my husband, maybe he'll let me win this one.
In the past, he was able to take some amazing shots with a point & shoot, finding ways to push its limitations. He is a firm believer and good example that photography is in the eye, not the equipment.
In early 2007 he upgraded to an SLR and it has helped his photography reach new heights. I'm always amazed by what he comes up with. He's an inspiring photographer and has taught me a lot. I love his work... and he's not so bad either ;)"
5th September, 2007
Gail Peck says:
"I first came across Jeremy's photos on the Panasonic DMC-FX3 nightime page and was in awe immediately. He has since moved on to a bigger camera with spectacular results. He is an inspiring photographer and wonderful contact. He has helped me innumerable times with technical questions as well. His attention to photographing details is a constant delight."
8th August, 2007
Andrew Møøre says:
"I first met Jeremy on a Photowalk with Thomas Hawk and the gang. At first I found it odd that a man with a point and shoot would come along and not be afraid of what he had in his hands. Personally I have nothing against point and shoots, people can come up with amazing photos with point and shoots just as well as someone with an SLR. I just found it amazing he had the courage to show up with one. Being that I hadn't looked at any of his photos during the walk ( we were both on the quiet side) I didn't know if he was good or average or what. When I got home I checked out his photos and was very impressed someone could come up with such great shots with a point and shoot. They were amazing, everything from macros to signs, buildings and wide angle views. He has it all, and now with his New SLR he has captured scenes even better than before. I love his work, he has taught me a lot.
3rd May, 2007
- Jeremy Brooks
- September 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer