Photography is more than a hobby, it's a passion. It keeps me sane. It helps me see the little things around me rather than just the rush of the city.
If I can see it, I will probably shoot it. Most of my photostream is urban scenes, since that is where I spend most of my time. I have a soft spot for neon signs, especially vintage neon.
Many of the images on my photostream are licensed under the Creative Commons. Take them, remix them, print them, enjoy them.
If you want to use an image that is NOT licensed under the Creative Commons, or if you want to use any image for commercial purposes, just contact me and we can work something out.
You can find me various places around the web, usually as jeremybrooks:
When I'm not shooting, I make computers bow to my will. If you are a Flickr user, you might be interested in one of my projects, SuprSetr.
- WeShootFuji 8,088 photos, 727 members
- FUJIFILM X Street Photography 93,512 photos, 3,793 members
- Flickr Social 52,684 photos, 2,681 members
- 'RoidWeek 2015 3,715 photos, 716 members
- South of Market: 2015 1 photo, 2 members
- Project Weather 634,805 photos, 90,710 members
- Frankfurt Photos 52,234 photos, 2,955 members
- Istanbul 88,971 photos, 6,113 members
- Nik Analog Efex Pro 1,963 photos, 233 members
- 99% Invisible - Now You See It 187 photos, 173 members
- Jinx Test Group - Invitation Only 0 photos, 1 member
- Jinx Test Group 0 photos, 1 member
- Spring RoidWeek 2014 2,498 photos, 709 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,047 photos, 13,801 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 2,909 photos, 985 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 73,075 photos, 6,586 members
- Reykjavik@night 1,378 photos, 409 members
- Reykjavik 17,268 photos, 1,442 members
- Harpa - Harp - The concert hall in Reykjavik 253 photos, 76 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 230,329 photos, 7,464 members
- Hueless 1,410 photos, 71 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,894 photos, 6,550 members
- Impossible Project PX70 Film 7,404 photos, 601 members
- Berkeleyside 12,511 photos, 364 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 381,347 photos, 17,041 members
- Vespaaah!! 22,219 photos, 1,827 members
- Objective Scenes 3,861 photos, 217 members
- Interlacer App 134 photos, 31 members
- Tagerator Tag Clouds 1 photo, 1 member
- Museum of Neon Art 610 photos, 131 members
- Muni Diaries Photos 4,291 photos, 273 members
- Feet On Muni 69 photos, 4 members
- Silver Efex Pro 62,252 photos, 2,694 members
- The Tender 3,404 photos, 143 members
- San Pablo Avenue 459 photos, 43 members
- WBUR: The Listener Photo Project 7,616 photos, 294 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 20,273 photos, 1,220 members
- Liquor Signs - Neon, Painted, Plastic Liquor Store & Bar Signs 2,076 photos, 310 members
- IMPOSSIBLE PX / PZ / 8x10 CP Film 26,023 photos, 2,155 members
- Impossible Project Dark Slides 90 photos, 85 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 138,600 photos, 9,239 members
- TEMPORARY Transbay Terminal 187 photos, 41 members
- Hipstafanatics 48,995 photos, 809 members
- ONE car 1,722 photos, 35 members
- Mission District 14,353 photos, 753 members
- Friday Night Drinking & Shooting Club 3,610 photos, 272 members
- Cloud Junkie 396,031 photos, 40,740 members
- Transbay Terminal 1,207 photos, 143 members
- Neon Puddles 58 photos, 51 members
- SFist 79,797 photos, 1,517 members
"jeremy really encouraged me to get back into photography. i always pester him with questions and he is not afraid to say "i don't know". but he knows A LOT. he has a great vision for urban and street photography, taking both the classic shots but also shooting things that i would walk by. so he is also observant. he is also a great guy and a friend of mine. i look at every picture that he posts up on flickr. i thank him now in digital format. well done kind sir
- mat aka Hugh Janus Photography"
September 29th, 2010
"Jeremy takes some brilliant photos. That's all you need to know. Stop reading these testimonials, and start plowing through his stream. You'll find photos that will make you smile or laugh, and photos so good they'll hurt. You'll wish you'd taken them.
He's also a pretty nice guy, which is a bonus, but even if he wasn't, you'd still love his photos."
December 18th, 2009
Anthony Citrano says:
"Jeremy has a great eye - maybe even two - and every time I surf his photostream I find great joy in seeing the world through his lens. His wonderful use of color, symmetry, and the just-plain-wondrous way of "noticing" the world make Jeremy a photog worth watching."
January 22nd, 2009
Håkan Dahlström says:
"Jeremy is the king of neon. His street photography is amazing. I find inspiration from his photostream almost daily. Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos."
January 20th, 2009
"He takes photos of people in public places. I do the same thing. Consent is immediate when you leave your home!"
August 25th, 2008
Thomas Hawk says:
"Jeremy captures the day in day out beauty of his world. He lives the life attached with camera beautifully all the way presenting us daily images of the world around him. Lucky for us so many of these images are the beautiful ones. Oh, and like me he's addicted to neon."
February 15th, 2008
"You know those people who are just plain talented and do well at whatever they try? That's Jeremy. Of course, he would argue... but since he's my husband, maybe he'll let me win this one.
In the past, he was able to take some amazing shots with a point & shoot, finding ways to push its limitations. He is a firm believer and good example that photography is in the eye, not the equipment.
In early 2007 he upgraded to an SLR and it has helped his photography reach new heights. I'm always amazed by what he comes up with. He's an inspiring photographer and has taught me a lot. I love his work... and he's not so bad either ;)"
September 5th, 2007
Gail Peck says:
"I first came across Jeremy's photos on the Panasonic DMC-FX3 nightime page and was in awe immediately. He has since moved on to a bigger camera with spectacular results. He is an inspiring photographer and wonderful contact. He has helped me innumerable times with technical questions as well. His attention to photographing details is a constant delight."
August 8th, 2007
Andrew Møøre says:
"I first met Jeremy on a Photowalk with Thomas Hawk and the gang. At first I found it odd that a man with a point and shoot would come along and not be afraid of what he had in his hands. Personally I have nothing against point and shoots, people can come up with amazing photos with point and shoots just as well as someone with an SLR. I just found it amazing he had the courage to show up with one. Being that I hadn't looked at any of his photos during the walk ( we were both on the quiet side) I didn't know if he was good or average or what. When I got home I checked out his photos and was very impressed someone could come up with such great shots with a point and shoot. They were amazing, everything from macros to signs, buildings and wide angle views. He has it all, and now with his New SLR he has captured scenes even better than before. I love his work, he has taught me a lot.
May 3rd, 2007
- Jeremy Brooks
- September 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer