I'm not even quite sure what to share or say here, so I'll just speak off the top of my head.
I've always had an interest in photography, but it was always a passing one and ran along the lines of "Oh, that's a nice picture" and never had a huge interest in taking photos myself. I have to admit I was a little intimidated (and still am) by the technical aspects of it and stayed away from it for that very reason.
Early in 2011, I unfortunately was put off of work for what would be a substantial amount of time. Always being a Motley Crue fan, I picked up the book "This is Gonna Hurt" by NIkki Sixx, which focused quite a bit on his photography and I was completely blown away by how much the photos moved me. From there, it started to become an obsession and I have to admit, I've become an addict to photography now.
Influences would include Nikki Sixx, Ansel Adams, Joel Peter Witkin, and have recently started enjoying Sally Mann's work as well. I have a strong affinity for most black and white photography.
To me, the technical aspects of it can be left to the advertising people and those that are trying to make things look "pretty". I am much, much more interested in capturing a moment or a feeling. If the lighting isn't perfect, the photo is slightly out of focus, or any one of those things is all petty to me if the photo moves you.
I own a Nikon D3100, a Holga 120CFN, a Canon AE1, have made my own pinhole camera, and will employ my Droid X as well. The best camera to me is the one I have in my hands at the moment.
I love street photography and meeting and speaking with the people behind the photos as well. I have recently started some studio photography and would like to continue with that, too.
- !Photo-Hobby! Level 3 (P1-A3) Closed 9,128 photos, 1,731 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 317,499 photos, 11,356 members
- Birkenhead Park Exhibition place 80,187 photos, 1,250 members
- Black Diamond Premier-Invited B&W Images Only (Post 1/Award 3) 4,089 photos, 983 members
- Flickrs True Reflection - Level 3 (P1/A5) - CLOSED 8,213 photos, 1,475 members
- Level 2 - Silver - Lost con T - Perdidos (Post 1 - Award 5) SWE 6,208 photos, 854 members
- Level 1 - LOST con T- PERDIDOS (P-1/A- 5) SWEEPER 40,153 photos, 1,672 members
- Project 365 1,928,095 photos, 30,961 members
- You are woman, you are beautiful, let the world see you 259,667 photos, 8,179 members
- Flickr Girl of the Day 10,843 photos, 764 members
- !Photo-Hobby! Level 2 (P1-A4) Closed!! 16,900 photos, 2,354 members
- flickr (unofficial) 5,922,888 photos, 115,627 members
- PURPLE - Level No. 10 (Post 1, Award 4) 7,494 photos, 1,539 members
- GOLD - Level No. 9 (Post 1, Award 4) 8,709 photos, 1,852 members
- The Elite Gallery AOI~AOI L3~(Admin Invite) (P1-Award & Fave3) 15,768 photos, 2,873 members
- B&W Viva la Vida! (P1-A5) 84,288 photos, 3,406 members
- Nikon flickr Award: Gold 5+ (Post 1 award 5) 7,330 photos, 4,291 members
- !Photo-Hobby! Level 1(Post 1 Award 4) Closed! 56,571 photos, 3,802 members
- WINNERS GALLERY Viva la Vida! (P1-A5) 21,553 photos, 2,026 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #4 ☆ Art. Invite Only (P1/A5) 258,532 photos, 11,725 members
- Level 5-Photography for Recreation - Sapphire - P1/A5 63,132 photos, 6,234 members
- Auto Focus Level 4 (P1-C5 ) 53,445 photos, 5,450 members
- The New Academy Group: INVITED SHOTS ONLY ( comment on 3 ) 47,288 photos, 6,580 members
- Photographic Art Legacy - ADMIN INVITE only! 20,266 photos, 5,476 members
- Street Photography / Fotografia callejera 125,537 photos, 2,065 members
- *Artist of the Year*~L4 Double Platinum~P1/A5 32,430 photos, 4,060 members
- *Artist of the Year*~L3 Platinum Hall of Fame ~Invite Only 59,037 photos, 6,203 members
- CLOSED - CERRADO - THE LOOK level 8 GOLD 98,178 photos, 8,133 members
- Flickrs True Reflection - Level 2 (P1/A5) - CLOSED 15,090 photos, 2,048 members
- ! The Best Gallery BY INVITATION ONLY 64,866 photos, 7,951 members
- ·Spirit Of Photography (Post 1 Award 5) - Comment or be banned 752,804 photos, 30,435 members
- Flickrs True Reflection - Level 1 (P1/A5) - CLOSED 47,950 photos, 3,068 members
- *LEVEL-3 : WORLD Peace*HallofFame P 1 / A 5 38,295 photos, 4,744 members
- ►the best photos◄ 134,556 photos, 4,428 members
- FIVE GOLD STARS Level 4 (P1-A4) 1,059 photos, 406 members
- *LEVEL-2 :Platinum Peace Award* P 1 / A 5 122,641 photos, 10,025 members
- THE LOOK level 7 WHITE 144,592 photos, 10,129 members
- THE LOOK level 6 BLUE 214,183 photos, 11,301 members
- THE LOOK level 5 GREEN 245,957 photos, 11,726 members
- THE LOOK level 4 PURPLE 286,353 photos, 12,538 members
- THE LOOK level 3 ORANGE 353,535 photos, 13,630 members
- THE LOOK level 2 YELLOW 462,899 photos, 15,953 members
- THE LOOK level 1 RED 744,366 photos, 18,291 members
- FIVE GOLD STARS Level 3 (P1-A4) 1,975 photos, 605 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #3 ☆ Gold. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 302,623 photos, 13,536 members
- FIVE GOLD STARS Level 2 (P1-A4) 4,763 photos, 928 members
- FIVE GOLD STARS Level 1 (P1-A4) ~~ Voting now: MINIMALISM 19,255 photos, 1,417 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 404,982 photos, 104,614 members
- ►the best shots◄ Portraits (P1 - A5) 20,180 photos, 1,331 members
- ►the best pictures◄ 225,693 photos, 7,212 members
Jeff Gish Photography doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Jeff Gish
- March 2011
- I am:
- Jeff Gish Photography