My first digital cameras were a Canon S2 IS, a Canon SD800 IS, a Canon S5 IS. Since then I have upgraded to DSLRs, the Sony A350, A550, and A57. For years my macro shots were usually shot with a Raynox DCR-250 macro adapter. I later got real macro lenses. When I want to get really close up, the Raynox adapter is still useful or I use extension tubes.
You can see from my sets, I like to shoot macros a lot. Here is what my macro setup looks like on my point and shoot Canon S5.
Another variation on attaching a flashlight.
And here is some of my DSLR stuff.
And my current flashlight solution.
Please respect copyright at all times. You can use my photos as your personal desktop wallpaper, but do not repost them to the web or claim them as yours. You are not allowed to post my work on wallpaper websites. If you blog one of my photos, the image must link back to my photo on Flickr and include credit. You cannot link to the large view of my photos because non-Flickr members will not be able to see it. I didn't want to do that, but I have had many images stolen or blogged improperly. The next step is uploading low resolution heavily watermarked copies. Don't make me do that.
I am willing to discuss the use my photos commercially or as artwork if you contact me about it. I have some of my photos for sale as stock photography at ShutterPoint and soon will have a few in Getty's Flickr Collection. I do not give permission to use my photos for free, for credit, or even for a good cause.
KDE 4.0 (a Linux desktop environment) includes four of my photos which were among the fifteen wallpapers chosen from over 2000 entries.
One of my light paintings was the basis for the default wallpaper for Ubuntu Linux 7.10.
I favorite far more photos than I comment on. I prefer not to leave tons of short "cool shot" comments so I favorite them instead. I comment mostly on those who frequently leave meaningful comments on my photos. I don't automatically make reverse contacts either. I keep my contact list manageable so I have time to actually keep up with my contacts photos.
Photos of jciv (2)
- Snail Saturday 505 photos, 57 members
- Fisheye Fridays 31 photos, 6 members
- FishEye 161,205 photos, 14,609 members
- Meike 6.5mm F2.0 Fisheye 11 photos, 6 members
- Photobombing Flies 565 photos, 61 members
- Dragonflies Are Amazing 18,643 photos, 710 members
- Amazing Wildlife Photography (Post 1 / Comment 2 ) 104,718 photos, 3,502 members
- Web Wednesdays 136 photos, 20 members
- Equirectangular 18,981 photos, 3,039 members
- PANO-Vision ~* P1 / C1 *~ 610 photos, 30 members
- National Moth Week 66,021 photos, 1,032 members
- Wing Wednesday 2,296 photos, 137 members
- Diptera 17,413 photos, 485 members
- Eyes of March 584 photos, 47 members
- Only Awesome Photos 18,763 photos, 2,742 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 110,334 photos, 10,516 members
- Refractography ...... no-lens 717 photos, 253 members
- face de mouche.....MACRO...... faces of flies 1,037 photos, 181 members
- Flowers or Foliage Detail 157,556 photos, 11,837 members
- in explore 754,251 photos, 66,726 members
- Flickr Friday 27,806 photos, 35,869 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2016 948,675 photos, 89,017 members
- Redhead 46,178 photos, 6,058 members
- Venus 60mm f/2.8 Ultra-Macro Lens 1,760 photos, 297 members
- ! Insect Hump Day ! 1,786 photos, 198 members
- WE WANT THE OLD LAYOUT OF OUR PHOTO PAGE (P1 / A2) 6,597 photos, 1,602 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 35,805 photos, 1,056 members
- 3D Cross-view only. 29,823 photos, 704 members
- Shadow Play 79,060 photos, 5,788 members
- Stereophotography 59,856 photos, 2,569 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 23,455 photos, 4,193 members
- Macro 3D 3,791 photos, 81 members
- Effected Cameras 40,113 photos, 3,277 members
- #Flickr10 7,567 photos, 3,642 members
- Dragonfly of the Day from the Dragonfly Gallery 1,773 photos, 237 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 487,126 photos, 13,035 members
- The World Up-Close (Nature Macro) 437,562 photos, 15,265 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 2,013 photos, 1,768 members
- flickr Black Day 1,860 photos, 972 members
- Moth Monday 2,115 photos, 109 members
- Beautiful Bug Butt Thursday (BBBT) 4,280 photos, 180 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 47,909 photos, 689 members
- Bellows 1,188 photos, 179 members
- Flower Themes - Witch Hazel Flowers - Week 591 88,142 photos, 4,380 members
- Aracné 6,614 photos, 634 members
- Photography Essentials 2,784 photos, 96 members
- Sony Camera Club 456,491 photos, 19,908 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 283,432 photos, 41,842 members
- Historic and Old Photos 118,375 photos, 4,031 members
- Collembola/Springtails from around the world 9,482 photos, 345 members
Trim Reaper says:
"One of my idols here at flickr! Jciv's works really stand out above the rest! He has his unique way of making simple everyday things making them look extraordinary with his photos.
Keep those awesome photos coming, Jciv! :)"
August 17th, 2008
Upul R says:
"A magician.. JC and his light voodoo...
2nd Steven Spielberg I know.........."
August 22nd, 2008
JK FARMS says:
"jciv has become a great flickr friend. I am amazed on how he can take a simple object and make it into a beautiful masterpiece. He strives for perfection and always reaches that goal. His Macro's are beyond words and always takes my breathe away. I am honored to know him and to be able to see his pictures and learn from him.
jciv is an OUTSTANDING PHOTOGRAPHER."
March 5th, 2008
"JCIV's photostream is one of the very first I "discovered" on flickr. I was knocked out by his beautiful images and also his perception of what is photo-worthy. His macros are simply beautiful; captured with precision and patience. And, to top it off, his compositions and sense of humor keep me visiting his photostream DAILY!
Wonderful stuff; a great contact."
November 28th, 2007
"jciv's shots are masterful. From the crystal clear macro's to the insanely colourful landscapes - every shot is worthy of being an award winner! Truly a great photostream to get lost in... What a talented photographer! Keep snapping, and look forward to more great shots! All the best."
August 27th, 2007
Pia's birdseye view says:
"jciv is always on the prowl for something interesting to put on pix to baffle us viewers with. I love it when he just posts a photo and ask us "Now, what is this, pray tell". His macro-series is pure art, with the EYE standing foremost. That was a real touch of genious, what a beautiful piece of art.
Then there is the obvious love for cats... Meaow!"
July 11th, 2007
- July 2006
- Texas, USA
- I am:
- jciv's blog