My first digital cameras were a Canon S2 IS, a Canon SD800 IS, a Canon S5 IS. Since then I have upgraded to DSLRs, the Sony A350, A550, and A57. For years my macro shots were usually shot with a Raynox DCR-250 macro adapter. I later got real macro lenses. When I want to get really close up, the Raynox adapter is still useful or I use extension tubes.
You can see from my sets, I like to shoot macros a lot. Here is what my macro setup looks like on my point and shoot Canon S5.
Another variation on attaching a flashlight.
And here is some of my DSLR stuff.
And my current flashlight solution.
Please respect copyright at all times. You can use my photos as your personal desktop wallpaper, but do not repost them to the web or claim them as yours. You are not allowed to post my work on wallpaper websites. If you blog one of my photos, the image must link back to my photo on Flickr and include credit. You cannot link to the large view of my photos because non-Flickr members will not be able to see it. I didn't want to do that, but I have had many images stolen or blogged improperly. The next step is uploading low resolution heavily watermarked copies. Don't make me do that.
I am willing to discuss the use my photos commercially or as artwork if you contact me about it. I have some of my photos for sale as stock photography at ShutterPoint and soon will have a few in Getty's Flickr Collection. I do not give permission to use my photos for free, for credit, or even for a good cause.
KDE 4.0 (a Linux desktop environment) includes four of my photos which were among the fifteen wallpapers chosen from over 2000 entries.
One of my light paintings was the basis for the default wallpaper for Ubuntu Linux 7.10.
I favorite far more photos than I comment on. I prefer not to leave tons of short "cool shot" comments so I favorite them instead. I comment mostly on those who frequently leave meaningful comments on my photos. I don't automatically make reverse contacts either. I keep my contact list manageable so I have time to actually keep up with my contacts photos.
Photos of jciv (2)
- Photobombing Flies 534 photos, 60 members
- Dragonflies Are Amazing 18,261 photos, 704 members
- Amazing Wildlife Photography (Post 1 / Comment 2 ) 102,943 photos, 3,482 members
- Web Wednesdays 94 photos, 20 members
- Equirectangular 18,684 photos, 2,981 members
- PANO-Vision ~* P1 / C1 *~ 580 photos, 30 members
- National Moth Week 65,852 photos, 1,032 members
- Wing Wednesday 2,127 photos, 129 members
- Diptera 17,126 photos, 481 members
- Eyes of March 584 photos, 47 members
- Only Awesome Photos 18,748 photos, 2,721 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 105,968 photos, 10,046 members
- Refractography ...... no-lens 713 photos, 255 members
- face de mouche.....MACRO...... faces of flies 1,035 photos, 180 members
- Flowers or Foliage Detail 157,552 photos, 11,804 members
- in explore 734,549 photos, 65,157 members
- Flickr Friday 27,056 photos, 35,335 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2016 951,767 photos, 88,965 members
- Redhead 45,477 photos, 6,003 members
- Venus 60mm f/2.8 Ultra-Macro Lens 1,723 photos, 293 members
- ! Insect Hump Day ! 1,726 photos, 190 members
- WE WANT THE OLD LAYOUT OF OUR PHOTO PAGE (P1 / A2) 6,585 photos, 1,603 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 35,543 photos, 1,055 members
- 3D Cross-view only. 29,735 photos, 701 members
- Shadow Play 77,409 photos, 5,719 members
- Stereophotography 59,517 photos, 2,566 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 23,173 photos, 4,170 members
- Macro 3D 3,763 photos, 80 members
- Effected Cameras 39,568 photos, 3,238 members
- #Flickr10 7,589 photos, 3,599 members
- Dragonfly of the Day from the Dragonfly Gallery 1,776 photos, 238 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 480,578 photos, 12,967 members
- The World Up-Close (Nature Macro) 433,260 photos, 15,195 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 1,813 photos, 1,775 members
- flickr Black Day 1,868 photos, 974 members
- Moth Monday 2,099 photos, 109 members
- Beautiful Bug Butt Thursday (BBBT) 4,162 photos, 176 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 47,687 photos, 686 members
- Bellows 1,163 photos, 177 members
- Flower Themes - Azaleas or Rhododendrons - Week 587 87,356 photos, 4,359 members
- Aracné 6,548 photos, 628 members
- Photography Essentials 2,673 photos, 96 members
- Sony Camera Club 449,314 photos, 19,762 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 283,280 photos, 41,871 members
- Historic and Old Photos 117,079 photos, 4,017 members
- Collembola/Springtails from around the world 9,074 photos, 336 members
- Moon/Luna 62,587 photos, 16,317 members
- Eclipses 2,767 photos, 938 members
- Moon lovers 36,552 photos, 5,750 members
- Entomology, Arachnology and Environment 9,114 photos, 306 members
Trim Reaper says:
"One of my idols here at flickr! Jciv's works really stand out above the rest! He has his unique way of making simple everyday things making them look extraordinary with his photos.
Keep those awesome photos coming, Jciv! :)"
August 17th, 2008
Upul R says:
"A magician.. JC and his light voodoo...
2nd Steven Spielberg I know.........."
August 22nd, 2008
JK FARMS says:
"jciv has become a great flickr friend. I am amazed on how he can take a simple object and make it into a beautiful masterpiece. He strives for perfection and always reaches that goal. His Macro's are beyond words and always takes my breathe away. I am honored to know him and to be able to see his pictures and learn from him.
jciv is an OUTSTANDING PHOTOGRAPHER."
March 5th, 2008
"JCIV's photostream is one of the very first I "discovered" on flickr. I was knocked out by his beautiful images and also his perception of what is photo-worthy. His macros are simply beautiful; captured with precision and patience. And, to top it off, his compositions and sense of humor keep me visiting his photostream DAILY!
Wonderful stuff; a great contact."
November 28th, 2007
"jciv's shots are masterful. From the crystal clear macro's to the insanely colourful landscapes - every shot is worthy of being an award winner! Truly a great photostream to get lost in... What a talented photographer! Keep snapping, and look forward to more great shots! All the best."
August 27th, 2007
Pia's birdseye view says:
"jciv is always on the prowl for something interesting to put on pix to baffle us viewers with. I love it when he just posts a photo and ask us "Now, what is this, pray tell". His macro-series is pure art, with the EYE standing foremost. That was a real touch of genious, what a beautiful piece of art.
Then there is the obvious love for cats... Meaow!"
July 11th, 2007
- July 2006
- Texas, USA
- I am:
- jciv's blog