My first digital cameras were a Canon S2 IS, a Canon SD800 IS, a Canon S5 IS. Since then I have upgraded to DSLRs, the Sony A350, A550, and A57. For years my macro shots were usually shot with a Raynox DCR-250 macro adapter. I later got real macro lenses. When I want to get really close up, the Raynox adapter is still useful or I use extension tubes.
You can see from my sets, I like to shoot macros a lot. Here is what my macro setup looks like on my point and shoot Canon S5.
Another variation on attaching a flashlight.
And here is some of my DSLR stuff.
And my current flashlight solution.
Please respect copyright at all times. You can use my photos as your personal desktop wallpaper, but do not repost them to the web or claim them as yours. You are not allowed to post my work on wallpaper websites. If you blog one of my photos, the image must link back to my photo on Flickr and include credit. You cannot link to the large view of my photos because non-Flickr members will not be able to see it. I didn't want to do that, but I have had many images stolen or blogged improperly. The next step is uploading low resolution heavily watermarked copies. Don't make me do that.
I am willing to discuss the use my photos commercially or as artwork if you contact me about it. I have some of my photos for sale as stock photography at ShutterPoint and soon will have a few in Getty's Flickr Collection. I do not give permission to use my photos for free, for credit, or even for a good cause.
KDE 4.0 (a Linux desktop environment) includes four of my photos which were among the fifteen wallpapers chosen from over 2000 entries.
One of my light paintings was the basis for the default wallpaper for Ubuntu Linux 7.10.
I favorite far more photos than I comment on. I prefer not to leave tons of short "cool shot" comments so I favorite them instead. I comment mostly on those who frequently leave meaningful comments on my photos. I don't automatically make reverse contacts either. I keep my contact list manageable so I have time to actually keep up with my contacts photos.
Photos of jciv (2)
- MACRO MONDAYS 66,504 photos, 5,583 members
- Refractography ...... no-lens 676 photos, 217 members
- face de mouche.....MACRO...... faces of flies 965 photos, 170 members
- Flowers or Foliage Detail 159,936 photos, 11,366 members
- in explore 431,024 photos, 38,588 members
- Flickr Friday 17,705 photos, 26,793 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2015 923,643 photos, 83,215 members
- Redhead 27,147 photos, 4,971 members
- Venus 60mm f/2.8 Ultra-Macro Lens 840 photos, 171 members
- ! Insect Hump Day ! 600 photos, 82 members
- WE WANT THE OLD LAYOUT OF OUR PHOTO PAGE (P1 / A2) 6,094 photos, 1,606 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 30,592 photos, 1,012 members
- 3D Cross-view only. 26,466 photos, 673 members
- US AGAINST FLICKR 39 photos, 32 members
- Trees are Three-dimensional 773 photos, 39 members
- Shadow Play 53,509 photos, 4,516 members
- Stereophotography 53,807 photos, 2,483 members
- anti -NPE/BETA protest art group 400 photos, 266 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 17,346 photos, 3,540 members
- Macro 3D 2,784 photos, 72 members
- Effected Cameras 24,026 photos, 1,968 members
- #Flickr10 7,757 photos, 2,781 members
- Trash Graff 367 photos, 133 members
- Dragonfly of the Day from the Dragonfly Gallery 1,793 photos, 197 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 385,649 photos, 11,879 members
- The World Up-Close (Nature Macro) 348,117 photos, 13,941 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 939 photos, 1,869 members
- flickr Black Day 1,974 photos, 1,032 members
- Moth Monday 1,422 photos, 80 members
- Beautiful Bug Butt Thursday (BBBT) 2,166 photos, 104 members
- NO THANK YOU, flickr !!! 204 photos, 115 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 40,531 photos, 605 members
- Bellows 1,057 photos, 167 members
- Flower Themes - Anything Goes - Week 509 74,287 photos, 3,991 members
- 4/3 Photography 72,609 photos, 1,699 members
- Olympus E-PL1-3/E-PM1 North American Shooters 4,067 photos, 375 members
- Aracné 4,949 photos, 581 members
- Yasuhara Nanoha 130 photos, 36 members
- Photography Essentials 2,029 photos, 85 members
- Sony Camera Club 315,895 photos, 17,588 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,088 photos, 42,069 members
- Historic and Old Photos 104,044 photos, 3,734 members
- Lynxes and Bobcats 4,432 photos, 716 members
- Collembola/Springtails from around the world 6,402 photos, 272 members
- Moon/Luna 56,503 photos, 15,606 members
- Eclipses 2,521 photos, 835 members
- Moon lovers 26,623 photos, 4,314 members
- canon powershot sx120 8,557 photos, 514 members
- Entomology, Arachnology and Environment 5,609 photos, 233 members
- Neuropterans 1,028 photos, 123 members
Trim Reaper says:
"One of my idols here at flickr! Jciv's works really stand out above the rest! He has his unique way of making simple everyday things making them look extraordinary with his photos.
Keep those awesome photos coming, Jciv! :)"
August 17th, 2008
Upul R says:
"A magician.. JC and his light voodoo...
2nd Steven Spielberg I know.........."
August 22nd, 2008
JK FARMS says:
"jciv has become a great flickr friend. I am amazed on how he can take a simple object and make it into a beautiful masterpiece. He strives for perfection and always reaches that goal. His Macro's are beyond words and always takes my breathe away. I am honored to know him and to be able to see his pictures and learn from him.
jciv is an OUTSTANDING PHOTOGRAPHER."
March 5th, 2008
"JCIV's photostream is one of the very first I "discovered" on flickr. I was knocked out by his beautiful images and also his perception of what is photo-worthy. His macros are simply beautiful; captured with precision and patience. And, to top it off, his compositions and sense of humor keep me visiting his photostream DAILY!
Wonderful stuff; a great contact."
November 28th, 2007
"jciv's shots are masterful. From the crystal clear macro's to the insanely colourful landscapes - every shot is worthy of being an award winner! Truly a great photostream to get lost in... What a talented photographer! Keep snapping, and look forward to more great shots! All the best."
August 27th, 2007
Pia's birdseye view says:
"jciv is always on the prowl for something interesting to put on pix to baffle us viewers with. I love it when he just posts a photo and ask us "Now, what is this, pray tell". His macro-series is pure art, with the EYE standing foremost. That was a real touch of genious, what a beautiful piece of art.
Then there is the obvious love for cats... Meaow!"
July 11th, 2007
- July 2006
- Texas, USA
- I am:
- jciv's blog