My first digital cameras were a Canon S2 IS, a Canon SD800 IS, a Canon S5 IS. Since then I have upgraded to DSLRs, the Sony A350, A550, and A57. For years my macro shots were usually shot with a Raynox DCR-250 macro adapter. I later got real macro lenses. When I want to get really close up, the Raynox adapter is still useful or I use extension tubes.
You can see from my sets, I like to shoot macros a lot. Here is what my macro setup looks like on my point and shoot Canon S5.
Another variation on attaching a flashlight.
And here is some of my DSLR stuff.
And my current flashlight solution.
Please respect copyright at all times. You can use my photos as your personal desktop wallpaper, but do not repost them to the web or claim them as yours. You are not allowed to post my work on wallpaper websites. If you blog one of my photos, the image must link back to my photo on Flickr and include credit. You cannot link to the large view of my photos because non-Flickr members will not be able to see it. I didn't want to do that, but I have had many images stolen or blogged improperly. The next step is uploading low resolution heavily watermarked copies. Don't make me do that.
I am willing to discuss the use my photos commercially or as artwork if you contact me about it. I have some of my photos for sale as stock photography at ShutterPoint and soon will have a few in Getty's Flickr Collection. I do not give permission to use my photos for free, for credit, or even for a good cause.
KDE 4.0 (a Linux desktop environment) includes four of my photos which were among the fifteen wallpapers chosen from over 2000 entries.
One of my light paintings was the basis for the default wallpaper for Ubuntu Linux 7.10.
I favorite far more photos than I comment on. I prefer not to leave tons of short "cool shot" comments so I favorite them instead. I comment mostly on those who frequently leave meaningful comments on my photos. I don't automatically make reverse contacts either. I keep my contact list manageable so I have time to actually keep up with my contacts photos.
Photos of jciv (2)
- WE WANT THE OLD LAYOUT OF OUR PHOTO PAGE 4,712 photos, 1,560 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 26,389 photos, 974 members
- 3D Cross-view only. 23,089 photos, 643 members
- US AGAINST FLICKR 43 photos, 36 members
- Flickr Beta Treatment Plans 224 photos, 114 members
- Trees are Three-dimensional 235 photos, 21 members
- Shadow Play 33,538 photos, 3,166 members
- Stereophotography 48,254 photos, 2,394 members
- anti -NPE/BETA protest art group 456 photos, 334 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 13,229 photos, 2,879 members
- Macro 3D 1,400 photos, 61 members
- Effected Cameras 4,571 photos, 408 members
- #Flickr10 8,206 photos, 1,677 members
- Trash Graff 332 photos, 93 members
- Dragonfly of the Day from the Dragonfly Gallery 1,499 photos, 133 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 310,687 photos, 10,745 members
- The World Up-Close (Nature Macro) 276,885 photos, 12,690 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 884 photos, 1,984 members
- flickr Black Day 2,226 photos, 1,168 members
- Moth Monday 397 photos, 53 members
- Beautiful Bug Butt Thursday (BBBT) 256 photos, 37 members
- NO THANK YOU, flickr !!! 216 photos, 128 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 33,702 photos, 532 members
- Bellows 893 photos, 150 members
- Flower Themes - Week 442 - Anything Goes 62,410 photos, 3,671 members
- 4/3 Photography 60,863 photos, 1,588 members
- Olympus E-PL1-3/E-PM1 North American Shooters 3,943 photos, 360 members
- Aracné 4,226 photos, 513 members
- Yasuhara Nanoha 86 photos, 25 members
- Photography Essentials 1,393 photos, 66 members
- Sony Camera Club 189,598 photos, 13,050 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 284,196 photos, 42,429 members
- Historic and Old Photos 92,369 photos, 3,560 members
- Lynxes and Bobcats 3,784 photos, 664 members
- Collembola/Springtails from around the world 4,653 photos, 228 members
- Moon/Luna 51,068 photos, 15,067 members
- Eclipses 2,161 photos, 705 members
- Moon lovers 18,164 photos, 3,163 members
- canon powershot sx120 8,576 photos, 519 members
- Entomology, Arachnology and Environment 4,111 photos, 183 members
- Neuropterans 708 photos, 100 members
- sea foam green 1,971 photos, 502 members
- Halloween Decorating 359 photos, 26 members
- October 10, 2010 1,812 photos, 2,528 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,314 photos, 1,785 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 3,941 photos, 1,586 members
- Halloween Front Yard Displays 1,901 photos, 160 members
- Adobe Lightroom 23,427 photos, 22,681 members
- Texas Spiders & Other Arachnids 188 photos, 17 members
- Aransas National Wildlife Refuge 113 photos, 19 members
Trim Reaper says:
"One of my idols here at flickr! Jciv's works really stand out above the rest! He has his unique way of making simple everyday things making them look extraordinary with his photos.
Keep those awesome photos coming, Jciv! :)"
17th August, 2008
Upul R says:
"A magician.. JC and his light voodoo...
2nd Steven Spielberg I know.........."
22nd August, 2008
JK FARMS says:
"jciv has become a great flickr friend. I am amazed on how he can take a simple object and make it into a beautiful masterpiece. He strives for perfection and always reaches that goal. His Macro's are beyond words and always takes my breathe away. I am honored to know him and to be able to see his pictures and learn from him.
jciv is an OUTSTANDING PHOTOGRAPHER."
5th March, 2008
"JCIV's photostream is one of the very first I "discovered" on flickr. I was knocked out by his beautiful images and also his perception of what is photo-worthy. His macros are simply beautiful; captured with precision and patience. And, to top it off, his compositions and sense of humor keep me visiting his photostream DAILY!
Wonderful stuff; a great contact."
28th November, 2007
"jciv's shots are masterful. From the crystal clear macro's to the insanely colourful landscapes - every shot is worthy of being an award winner! Truly a great photostream to get lost in... What a talented photographer! Keep snapping, and look forward to more great shots! All the best."
27th August, 2007
Pia's birdseye view says:
"jciv is always on the prowl for something interesting to put on pix to baffle us viewers with. I love it when he just posts a photo and ask us "Now, what is this, pray tell". His macro-series is pure art, with the EYE standing foremost. That was a real touch of genious, what a beautiful piece of art.
Then there is the obvious love for cats... Meaow!"
11th July, 2007
- July 2006
- Texas, USA
- I am:
- jciv's blog