Computer geek, since 1984
Photo nerd, since 1980
Live web camera at: Pawnee Prairie Land
==================- HDR Info -===================
I just started doing HDR in Sep 2006.
HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. An image can only hold so much information, however some digital cameras can record more information than you see in an image. These can be saved to a computer in RAW format for further manipulation. RAW's can be converted to HDR format, where all the information is in the image. But they look bad, so then you have to tone map them.
Another way, and recently I found a better way to make an HDR file is to combine several different exposures of the same image. So if you have a tripod, ANY, digital camera will work. You just need to find how you change your exposures. Some have an exposure change with a + or - option, some allow you to change the aperture, while others the shutter speed. Some will let you change the ISO. All will work, as long as you get an over exposed image, a normal image, and an underexposed image.
To make an HDR, and subsequent tone mapped JPG you need a program, or plugin that will handle the RAW, and HDR formats, and will do the tone mapping.
You can use PhotoImpac from Ulead at www.ulead.com
You can use Photoshop with or with out a plugin
Most people use the program built for HDR's called Photomatix, or use the Photomatix plugin for Photoshop
Photomatix is easy to use but expensive.
The following links explain HDR a lot better than I can:
HDR is a kick. If, after you take a look at the above, you have question. Please, let me know and I will try to help
- Greeley Motorcycle Group 2,064 photos, 19 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk – Cheyenne 141 photos, 15 members
- iPhone Wallpapers 28,193 photos, 6,097 members
- FollowFriday on Flickr 2,357 photos, 410 members
- Black & White Master Photos - P 1 A 1 101,806 photos, 8,067 members
- HDR from a single RAW 100,599 photos, 9,269 members
- Total Photography 716,868 photos, 12,955 members
- The New Senior Portrait 15,228 photos, 3,198 members
- *Nature* - Outpost (ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 7,164 photos, 1,580 members
- National Aerospace Week Contests! 14,787 photos, 346 members
- BEING ALONE 15 photos, 81 members
- steampunk 30,138 photos, 3,839 members
- Ishtexture 675 photos, 882 members
- Designed Portraits 2,167 photos, 223 members
- Skydive! 2,215 photos, 395 members
- Your VERY BEST ever / Invite Only 4,740 photos, 1,208 members
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM (NON IS) 36,410 photos, 2,076 members
- The Brenizer Method 7,529 photos, 5,911 members
- SIGMA APO 70-200mm f 2.8 EX DG HSM (Macro) 15,586 photos, 1,891 members
- Sigma 70-200 mm f/2.8 EX 50,569 photos, 2,992 members
- Tamron 70-200 f2.8 12,045 photos, 792 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 1,361,401 photos, 64,821 members
- CLOSED ! Rate My Portrait 8,945 photos, 4,302 members
- 50 for 50 (50mm for 50 days) - CHALLENGE HAS ENDED 450 photos, 37 members
- Wyoming Strobist 139 photos, 19 members
- -The Cafe- 1,191,980 photos, 27,025 members
- Harley-Davidson 9,747 photos, 1,062 members
- Twittographers 5,783 photos, 144 members
- Denver 38,523 photos, 2,061 members
- TTV in Black & White 775 photos, 175 members
- Through the Viewfinder 57,586 photos, 6,906 members
- Harley Davidson & Metric Motorcycles 34,528 photos, 2,397 members
- ALL THAT IS HARLEY-DAVIDSON OR MOTORCYCLES U.S. 40,257 photos, 2,960 members
- BIKER LIFE ~ living and loving the lifestyle~ 128,297 photos, 8,493 members
- Biker Photography 48,454 photos, 1,458 members
- Harley Davidson 12,034 photos, 829 members
- A Tribute to Harley Davidson Motorcycles 4,750 photos, 577 members
- Bikers, Bikes & Babes 44,312 photos, 4,357 members
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Photography 49,924 photos, 3,132 members
- Harley Riders 18,022 photos, 1,938 members
- CSSS: US: Wyoming Thunderstorms 1,249 photos, 203 members
- Whatever the weather 1,027,904 photos, 54,843 members
- *DIY Photography Equipment 16,107 photos, 7,624 members
- Seamless & Cyc 9,707 photos, 2,333 members
- Seamless background paper 2,499 photos, 990 members
- Royal Group - Have a Good Light ! 890,291 photos, 30,926 members
- ~ Platinum Photography Group ~ 331,038 photos, 33,184 members
- Give Me Ratings (Post 1 Rate 5) 21,430 photos, 3,115 members
- Denver - Flickr meet up group 1,077 photos, 129 members
- Modern Pinup Images 19,763 photos, 2,414 members
blue alarm says:
"You have some really spectacular work here! Bravo!
December 23rd, 2007
"Just as writers are particularly effective when they 'write what they know', familiarity with their subject lends profundity to the work of photographers. Jim's delightful photographs are absolute proof of this.
HIs camera serves as an instrument through which he channels his sensitivity and creative vision providing us a wonderful window into the myriad facets of life in his slice of Wyoming - from the breathtakingly beautiful and dramatic landscapes to the peculiar quirks of life on the prairie.
I will never cease to be envious of a man who can walk out of the front door (and the back door too, apparently!) of his house and be treated to such gorgeous views. His very organic photographic interpretations of his farm equipment - the tractor and the 'ol' hay rake' - have become very familiar to me and I look forward to his different takes on these humble devices that bear such a deep relationship to the land.
Over the months that I have known Jim through his work I have always delighted in the composition and technique of his photographs but what I value even more is the simplicity and effectiveness of what is conveyed... and that is what separates great photographers from the rest."
November 14th, 2006
"From the moment I first saw JBAT's photos, I was in love with his photographic skills.
When I take a photograph, I aim and pray for a decent result. When he takes a photo, he aims and KNOWS he has done well.
He is one of the best of the best photographers on Flickr, and I'm not just saying that to say that.
I am proud to consider him not just a Flickr contact, but.... one of my FAVORITE Flickr contacts, and friend.
Peace go with you.
October 30th, 2006
Paula Bertrán says:
"From monuments , old shops , a flag, malboro horses sunset ...... to the deep colors and textures of his country .
He discover in horses, figures carved in stone , tractors coloresd , art . Photo art .
With feeling , with intention. Meaning .
Full of versions of his own work , and new ideas for the expectator .
Jim Taylor is a representative of his Southern Wyoming , and the USA .
Showing a new perspective, to us , people from far away countries, Photo lovers , his own eye behind the lens .
An honor tome write about his work."
September 15th, 2006
- August 2006
- Northern Colorado
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Computer Tech
- JBAT Photography