I took few pictures with SLR in Greece ’87. I left Poland in 86, visited Greece for year and a half … than, I moved to Canada – the warmest province British Columbia. I really like my corner of this great country – Vancouver. City with ocean, mountains, river, forest and so much more. Professionally I’m techie in telecom company ( Optinet Systems ) – techie, project manager, sales … anything. I’m workaholic in some way. I needed a hobby… so I got Digital Rebel and it started.
Now … 3 years has passed and I’m on my 5th Canon body ( 5D Mark II ) , bunch of lenses , my 3rd bag ( Slingshot 350 – the biggest ) . Few months ago I joined CAPA (The Canadian Association for Photographic Art) and proud member of Surrey Photography Club. This “hobby” have taken all my “free” time , my house looks like someone detonated small nuclear device , my garden just opposite …. It’s reversing back to nature.
Thank you all for all comments and friendship – I do appreciate this so much , I have been nowhere without your kind words. Now when I’m fully sucked in by viewfinder please if you could take a moment at critique the images , I will be grateful for the any points and suggestions.
Thank you again for the time you have spent with me ….. Janusz
If you wish to use my images please contact me first
janusz at optinetsystems dot com
The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer.
.... Author Unknown
Something about HDR
Please , if you want to complement , don’t tell me “ Nice HDR ” . I like the technique but to replace the physical limitations of the sensor. I don’t create “HDRs” , I do create images . I use the technique with conjunction with overlaying single exposures and everything else to create what I have in mind. I never tell people “ this is straight from the camera “ , no it very seldom is. It takes good images to start with and sometimes hours of work. I want to get as much from nature as possible. When we travel , we are not always lucky enough to get perfect light , weather , sky …. and not always waiting for the perfect setup is in our power. I try to help ….
Thanks you for spending time with me .
I’m located in beautiful Vancouver , Canada. I do run HDR presentations and workshops.
Website ( under construction )
If you like to join me on Facebook - please attache quick email
Facebook – photography www.facebook.com/pages/Squareview/200026730012417
Major Awards :
2008 – Surrey Photography Club , Photo Expo - Judged 2nd Place , Slide Show
“ Gaudi ”
2009 – Delta Photo Guild , Invitational Print Challenge - 1st place
2010 – Lions Gate Camera Club , Celebration of Nature Photography 2010
- 2nd place General Nature Mention & 1 of “ Best of show”
“I Believe in Angels”
2011 - North Shore Photographic Society, North Shore Photographic Challenge -
Individual Honourable Mention
2011 - Lions Gate Camera Club , Celebration of Nature Photography 2010
– 3rd place General Nature Mention & 1 of 4 in “ Best of show”
“ Double Arch After Sunset”
2012 - North Shore Photographic Society, North Shore Photographic Challenge -
“Darwin Award Moment Horseshoe Bend of Colorado River”
2012 - Lions Gate Camera Club , Celebration of Nature Photography 2012 - Honourable
Mention & 1 of 4 in “ Best of show” – 3rd place General Nature 29.9 points
“ Earth wind and Water”
- The Four Basic Elements 495 photos, 307 members
- See & Be Seen 1,658 photos, 931 members
- A.E. ( Level 1 ) "NOT AWARDING BAN" 64,510 photos, 3,676 members
- The Golden Phoenix (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,165 photos, 316 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 47,356 photos, 4,092 members
- NA Nature - In Nature 6,732 photos, 1,208 members
- Light Art Masterpiece (Admin Invite) 1,414 photos, 308 members
- PARKS AND GARDENS 22,915 photos, 1,739 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 696 photos, 1,155 members
- Gold Class Nature Gallery... 18,869 photos, 1,888 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) 11,102 photos, 3,089 members
- Magic of Blue 928 photos, 157 members
- Anarchist Mountain Stuff 275 photos, 3 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,854 photos, 21,257 members
- Stop & Comment 5,459 photos, 464 members
- Lynn Canyon Park 135 photos, 47 members
- Vittorio's World ~ by invitation only ~ P1/A2 10,404 photos, 859 members
- ``IN TOUCH WITH NATURE``/p1/c2 46,945 photos, 3,070 members
- *The Three Angels* LEVEL 3: Golden Angel (P1-A3) Closed! 10,081 photos, 1,617 members
- *Qualified Members Only* - Level 2 (P1 - A5) Closed 7,279 photos, 1,202 members
- Kurt Peiser Gallery*by Admin/Mod invite Only*P1-C3 17,509 photos, 1,376 members
- Vision sound 60,366 photos, 2,023 members
- Exquisite Aircrafts 7,927 photos, 40 members
- The Master Light Painter 50 + Faves 11,240 photos, 844 members
- Canyons of the World 5,161 photos, 1,202 members
- Antelope Canyon 6,191 photos, 1,303 members
- Jigsaw Shots 11,416 photos, 398 members
- Beautiful Landscapes *Award 3* POST ONLY LANDSCAPES!! 8,889 photos, 1,184 members
- ~* Beauties Beasts *~ [ By Admin Invite Only ] 1,870 photos, 729 members
- I NEED A TREE. Post1 / Award 2 Comment before post! 16,507 photos, 1,707 members
- Top 25 Nature's Beauty 19 photos, 786 members
- Black Rose Dragon Award (P1 A3 Sweeper) 1,184 photos, 526 members
- Your Preferred Photo P1/A3, Sweeper Active ♠ 15,969 photos, 1,413 members
- ! * BLUE BY YOU! ♣ Azul por Você! ♣ Blue par Vous! P1/C2 17,333 photos, 1,587 members
- LET'S CLEAN EXPLORE 61,241 photos, 1,866 members
- VAN GOGH AWARD (Post 1 / Award 2) 97,803 photos, 3,240 members
- Croporamas 1,089 photos, 261 members
- **Love It!** L1 Post 1/Award 3 68,509 photos, 2,699 members
- Escrita com Luz 2 (por convite/3 comentários; P1/A3) 3,717 photos, 648 members
- Escrita com Luz 1 (P1/A3) Moderated Group 8,272 photos, 869 members
- Wetlands of British Columbia 771 photos, 91 members
- Vertoramas 14,095 photos, 1,888 members
- AIDAREH GROUP COMENTA 3 FOTOS - 87,951 photos, 3,511 members
- Everything about Zebra,Stripes and Geometry 28,409 photos, 3,863 members
- U.S. National Parks 156,043 photos, 14,314 members
- GRANDES FOTOS 5,204 photos, 86 members
- Commented "Good Composition" 20,770 photos, 1,462 members
- Tus mejores fotos, tus fotos preferidas 8,128 photos, 194 members
- Vivo por la Fotografia (Post 1 - Award 3) Sweeper Activado 92,789 photos, 3,653 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 39,498 photos, 3,431 members
"I think Janusz L is a wonderful photographer with an excellent sense of humour as often shown in his comments under his spectacular photos. He has a deep and strong appreciation for life in general, for his photography especially, and this shows in all his photos. I love that he enjoys, loves and appreciates his "new" country and city of choice to live in now, but appreciates every part of the world he has lived in or gone to see. I look forward to viewing anything Janusz posts as it is always so interesting and beautifully done."
June 12th, 2011
Word Beasty says:
"I could talk about your photos for a very long time. Most of the "rules" used in photography I see you follow. One key ingredient throughout almost all your work, and done perfectly I must add, is the way you use lighting. Slightly underexposed, most likely off a tripod with slow shutter and stopped down. Really adds ambiance and emotion to your work. You do absolutely superb work and have a beautiful eye for composition. Please tell me you use Photoshop and these shots are not simply amazing with no assist. If they are not "tweaked" I may give up photography forever as your work makes me feel really inadequate. Truly impressive images and thanks for sharing."
August 26th, 2010
"You say light can move you .... then you give us that vision using your incredible gift of capturing that light, so that it indeed moves us. Beauty one sees with the heart. Thank you for sharing your vision.
I spend time wandering through your stream with my jaw hitting the keyboard. Each piece you share seems to be precisely orchestrated to play music for our eyes. You my friend are inspiring! You truly have found your passion.
I am so pleased you chose this end of the world to call home. I was born, raised and still live here and I know that Vancouver really IS the best place on earth.
When life gets tough sometimes, all we have to do is go outside and see the beauty before us and then we feel better. You know what I mean.
Thank you janusz, I need to get over to the Surrey club one of these days to see you and your work in person.
Cheers, Joy in Langley."
December 23rd, 2009
Kris Kros says:
"Janusz is one of my dearest friends on flickr. His images are so easy to love. In viewing his stream, you can see the dedication and devotion in his photography.
And the best thing about this guy, he is a true friend.
And I am one proud friend of Janusz."
December 1st, 2009
"Po pierwsze ma serce
Po drugie ma oko -dobre oko
Po trzecie ma talent
Po czwarte "to cos" :) co jak kompas prowadzi na tereny warte fotografii-jego fotografii
i ta mieszanka i wiele wiecej daje niesamowite zdjecia :)
August 10th, 2009
"ABSOLUTELY Beautiful stunning photography!
Inspiring work and a great encourager as well!
Blessed to have him as a contact!"
February 19th, 2009
"Janusz was one of the first people I met when I joined Flickr in Nov/08. He has proven to be a great friend and support. His landscape,archetectural, and night photography are second to none and I view him as Vancouver's best photographic ambassador. Another admirable quality is that Janusz will go to just about any length to get an image, whether it's entering the murky water under a pier at night, or driving great distances. His latest project is photos from Ireland. I always look forward to getting glimpses of the world throught Janusz"s brillient eyes."
February 15th, 2009
Chicago Love says:
"Janusz my friend your work is an inspiration to me. I don't think anyone captures reflections, color and light quite like you do. Your angle is always clever and your hdr work is brilliant! Keep Shining!!"
January 24th, 2009
- Janusz Leszczynski
- October 2006
- Boleslawiec - Poland
- Vancouver BC , Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Account Manager - Network Services
- Square View