Disclaimer: Jaimito Cartero is a non-volatile postal worker featured in a Spanish language sitcom and absolutely no relation to me, myself and/or I.
I was "tagged 10" by my good friend Thomas in Singapore, which apparently requires me to write the following little diddley before submitting any more photos of mad buffalo or stump spawning salmon…
1. I have an associate of arts degree in studio photography and a bachelor’s degree in analytical geography, both are obvious prerequisites for my chosen career in the construction industry.
2. I was active in colligate wrestling. My coaches kept me on the team solely for comedic value.
3. I struggled through five years of French classes. My coworkers in the building trade primarily speak Spanish.
4. I’ve never watched an American football game in my life. I avoid going to bars during playoffs because I’m afraid I’ll be pulverized if someone notices that I’m watching the barmaid instead of the big-screen.
5. I take a fair amount of pride in my work and finish every job that I begin. The exception to that is my own home. It has plywood floors and no cabinet doors. I like it that way and that’s the way it‘ll stay…
6. For many years I dabbled in law enforcement, knowing full well that my personal disposition had no place in a highly disciplined environment. Once, while involved in an hour-long high speed boat chase while still serving as a probationary harbor patrol officer, I was later reprimanded for having radioed the responding chopper pilot to confirm he carried spike strips.
7.Despite a social phobia that often annoys my friends and family, there are only a few things I find as enjoyable as a good hearty laugh, especially when it’s contagious, bordering on hysteria, and is at someone else’s expense…
8.Years of construction noise and firearms use has left me hearing impaired. A freshly charred forest is the quietest refuge in the natural world and the only place that I don‘t need to watch lips or read subtitles.
9. I share my house with a feral cat and two feral raccoons. They have their own door and we all come and go as we please, although late night encounters on the way to the loo can be somewhat unnerving.
10. I’m fairly happy with the fact that I’ll likely remain blissfully single for the rest of my life.
Oh, and I always share my rum!
Photos of Jaimito Cartero (1)
- Los Angeles Times Travel 4,597 photos, 259 members
- momkon 11,140 photos, 743 members
- Dreamy Landscapes (Editors' choice) 26,539 photos, 4,599 members
- Cafe Elite 104,761 photos, 4,334 members
- The D-Photo 217,200 photos, 3,634 members
- I NEED A TREE. Post1 / Award 2 Comment before post! 17,676 photos, 1,973 members
- Sky As A Canvas ~ ~ ~ 145,751 photos, 10,158 members
- Surf Photography California 21,504 photos, 2,164 members
- The Chinese Garden at The Huntington 1,631 photos, 168 members
- Magical trees and places 10,023 photos, 1,492 members
- The Sea 208,105 photos, 10,612 members
- Best In Show (dog photography/invite only!) 23,065 photos, 6,065 members
- LAist Featured Photos 114,989 photos, 2,385 members
- SoCal 100,143 photos, 1,939 members
- The Los Angeles Group 133,844 photos, 3,362 members
- Professional landscapes 414,604 photos, 12,138 members
- ♥ Border Collie Crazy ♥ 24,193 photos, 2,069 members
- California King Tides Photo Initiative 2,716 photos, 472 members
- L.A. Times Reader Photos 57,953 photos, 1,478 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 1,208,853 photos, 74,780 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 17,644 photos, 21,301 members
- _Øutstanding Images_ 19,099 photos, 648 members
- Border Collies 14,958 photos, 966 members
- Animal Eyes 132,825 photos, 10,291 members
- *Karma* 922,777 photos, 17,313 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 288,574 photos, 7,818 members
- Dog Expressions 371,251 photos, 34,471 members
- Flickrs Dog Lovers 119,599 photos, 6,562 members
- Amanti del Bianco e Nero/ Lovers of Black and White photography 231,468 photos, 8,300 members
- animal portraits (faces only) 62,124 photos, 5,106 members
- Border Collie 44,438 photos, 2,809 members
- Puppy Love 50,823 photos, 5,928 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 1,089,034 photos, 129,967 members
- Pawsome phoDOGraphy 101,219 photos, 4,528 members
- APE HOUSE (no monkeys!) 9,160 photos, 1,361 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,178 members
- ND110 26,786 photos, 2,663 members
- Animal Feelings 130,236 photos, 5,746 members
- Animal Planet 1,103,559 photos, 77,959 members
- Cliche Saturday:In the heat of the night 15,990 photos, 946 members
- Decisive Moment 2,372 photos, 38,434 members
- Something Wicked This way comes 3,390 photos, 405 members
- Alaska! 87,040 photos, 4,299 members
- Silhouette photos. 8,313 photos, 768 members
- The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens 6,269 photos, 418 members
- DazzlePix SILHOUETTES 1,920 photos, 421 members
- Kris Kros Contacts 141,212 photos, 3,983 members
- ...-Wink's Place-... 238,874 photos, 3,591 members
- Discover Los Angeles 45,407 photos, 3,363 members
- Pink 59,514 photos, 5,543 members
"jaimito cartero....a really creative photographer...a nice guy....and a neighbor of mine from down the street....is of absolutely no relation to ugly betty as far as i know...but i will double check that with salma!
check out his photostream...theres a lot of quality interesting images in there....and i'm personally looking forward to checking out anything surf related that he shoots this winter on our local shores!
jaimito cartero...hes not just the mailman anymore!
October 18th, 2009
"Jamie is a great Flickr contact to have, really am not joking!!! And I always love and looking forward to hear from him. His editing skills is flawless and every photograph he capture is unique.
His creativity flair is an embodiment of his personality; his character is manifested in his work. You do not know what will be his upload and on his every upload, you'll be surprise how good and excellent the work is.
Of course, all these added up to his gifted eyes for excellent composition to capture and deliver exceptional photographs. I do believe that without the eye for composition, with good skill on the camera, you still do not produce a fine work. Keep it up and can't wait to see more of your work, my friend!
Last and definitely not the least, thank you Jamie, for sharing your amazing talent, and most importantly, your friendship and humor. I am really glad to have met you here @ Flickr!
Blessings to you my dear friend!!!"
August 13th, 2009
- Jamie Grant
- January 2008
- L.A.'s South Bay, USA
- Building Contractor, Carpenter, Lout