Housed in a stunningly transformed prison in Doylestown, PA, the James A. Michener Art Museum is a vibrant cultural center dedicated to preserving, interpreting, and exhibiting the art and cultural heritage of the Delaware Valley region. Welcoming 135,000 visitors each year, the Michener has emerged as a leading museum of American art, showcasing a world-class collection of Pennsylvania Impressionist paintings as well as many special and permanent exhibitions that include the work of historical and contemporary painters, sculptors, photographers, and furniture designers.
Throughout the year, the Michener hosts a wide range of art-based programs open to the public, including lectures, artist conversations, gallery talks, artist studio tours, dance performances, jazz performances, Ladies Nights Out, family-themed activities, and other events. The Michener also offers a wide range of art classes for children and adults. Visit MichenerArtMuseum.org for more information.
- Michener Events 57 photos, 2 members
- Museums and Galleries - Installing Exhibitions 8,738 photos, 172 members
- Museum Exposure 454 photos, 209 members
- "Be the King!" Michener's Elvis Impersonator Contest 2 photos, 2 members
- Facing Out, Facing In: Michener Art Museum 1 photo, 4 members
- Museums Views 364 photos, 201 members
- Images of the Michener 14 photos, 7 members
James A. Michener Art Museum doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2009
- Doylestown, PA
- James A. Michener Art Museum