Mon Expo en Vitrine Photographic Festival
I curated and coordinated the last two editions of Mon Expo en Vitrine, a photo festival around the bassin de la Villette in Paris, organised by Au Tour du Canal de l'Ourcq.
The bassin de la Villette is part of the Paris canals, a large area of water between la Rotonde built by Claude-Nicolas Ledoux in 1789 and the lifting bridge on the rue de Crimée. Robert Doisneau used to make portraits of Jacques Prévert there and followed the mysterious Pierrette d'Orient in the butchers-frequented bars.
Now the bassin is harboring barges that host artistic and cultural activities, concerts, theatre, film projections... Pic-nics on the quai de la Loire have become very trendy.
The spirit of the festival is to turn the bassin de la Villette into a street gallery, during one month, with exhibits in the public space, or in the windows of stores and restaurants, so that visitors and the people living there can walk around and see them.
The festival encourages blending artists, amateurs and professionals, playing with non-traditional media, turning daily spaces into ephemeral galleries, as well as interactive events.
Photographer-writers reading their works while projecting their photos: Anne Savelli www.danslavillehaute.net/
Photography workshop: Katrin Guntershausen's sténopé workshop www.guntershausen.com/photo/
Participative photo shoots: Pierre-Yves Le Strat's You-Cube www.you-cube.fr/
Platic arts and photography workshop: Doriane Souilhol and Pierre-Hadrien Poulouin otniproject.blogspot.com/
Artistic installations: Sophie Beneteau's dark box inviting visitors to see her photos of the hidden parts of barges.
More information on the web site of the 2011 edition monexpoenvitrine.com/ and the Facebook page www.facebook.com/mon.expo.en.vitrine
Pots photo dans le 19e arrondissement de Paris
Every other month I host a "Pot photo", a friendly meet with other photographers around a drink in a nice place of the 19th district : stay tuned by joining www.facebook.com/groups/310447069885/ or pot-photo.posterous.com/ if you're not of Facebook.
Current project: I <3 LOVE
A series of portraits about women and the heart, current state : www.flickr.com/photos/jalb/sets/72157627156779511/
Projects in background: portraits for you and for me
In exchange of personal or professional portraits for you, I make some for two projects of mine: "Looking at the light" and "A few of your favorite things".
Contact me for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Example of a "Looking at the light" portrait:
Example of a "A few of your favorite things" portrait:
Being quite busy, in my free time I do "Stolen Moments" photography - keeping an eye on the good light, mostly the available and indoors kind.
(I also love this Oliver Nelson tune.)
So what I do is mostly unprepared snapshots.
"‘I photograph to find out what the world looks like in a photograph.’" Garry Winogrand
I administrate a few groups on Flickr:
Jardins Partagés in Paris.
Contax T2 www.flickr.com/groups/contax_t2/
Paris 19e flickr.com/groups/paris19
Fuji Neopan flickr.com/groups/neopan
Wines You Like - Labels Scrapbook www.flickr.com/groups/wines-you-like/
Shooting around in all directions with a digital camera www.flickr.com/groups/dont-think-just-shoot/
Family activities in Paris and networking with parents around: neoparents.org
There's a Neoparents group on Flickr to share photos: flickr.com/groups/neoparents
There is no profile section for art in general, so: Fischli & Weiss, Paul Granjon, Louise Bourgeois, Jean Tinguely, Marcel Duchamp.
Discovered photography with my kids, bought a Canon G2 after too many film processing expenses and mishaps, and enjoyed it a bit too much :-)
I went back to film with a few Contax cameras and Zeiss lenses, affordable second hand gear found on eBay. A friend lent me his Hasselblad 500C/M. I like how these lenses let the light through.
I'm using a Canon 5D mark II with the 24-70 f/2.8 L, and manual focus Zeiss + Leica lenses with adaptors.
In my pocket at all times there's a Fujifilm Finepix f31fd.
Photos of jalb (3)
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L (II) USM 18,927 photos, 2,793 members
- Naturalight 28,676 photos, 1,488 members
- Leica Summicron-M 50mm 55,538 photos, 3,269 members
- Leica M photography 350,317 photos, 10,376 members
- Yellows 91,260 photos, 5,075 members
- Fujifilm INSTANT - (Peel Apart Film Only) 22,396 photos, 2,609 members
- lys foto magazine 11,038 photos, 320 members
- POLAROID 600SE 4,912 photos, 826 members
- Performance Art 17,893 photos, 1,310 members
- Official ZEISS Camera Lenses Group 33,670 photos, 16,410 members
- Compétence Photo • Le Révélateur 317,623 photos, 7,226 members
- Mon Expo en Vitrine 2011 28 photos, 8 members
- PARIS will always be PARIS 25,582 photos, 801 members
- Glamour y Sensual (Artistic photo's Only! No porn!) 33,631 photos, 3,150 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 404,970 photos, 104,612 members
- !* Alice's Secret Garden✶ NATURE IMAGES only 23,501 photos, 1,252 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 288,725 photos, 5,649 members
- !* A Perfect Square Image ஐ (Cmt 2) 25,227 photos, 1,399 members
- Fashion & Style 239,384 photos, 12,283 members
- ! **Smile Portraits 4,796 photos, 2,290 members
- Paris street photography - photos de rues 3,765 photos, 4,380 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 832,086 photos, 33,750 members
- Hipstamatic 327,988 photos, 16,526 members
- FotoVotr.com Amber Group 38,547 photos, 5,446 members
- PLATEFORM magazine 181,186 photos, 4,407 members
- Alloys & Metal 38,539 photos, 2,330 members
- musicisti-musiciens 29,439 photos, 937 members
- 4x5 40,294 photos, 4,043 members
- Jef Aérosol 6,407 photos, 3,204 members
- Paris Graffiti 71,484 photos, 600 members
- Graffiti Photography 92,902 photos, 3,181 members
- theprintspace 70,121 photos, 2,710 members
- Couples 32,065 photos, 8,323 members
- + Nightlife ( 夜间活动 ) 23,307 photos, 1,210 members
- herminor Crew Lyon / For Street Art Lovers 2,916 photos, 225 members
- !Night Life 54,800 photos, 4,137 members
- Human Faces: Fascinating Just the Way We Are 92,316 photos, 6,046 members
- The Beauty of Girls and Women P1/C2 292,139 photos, 13,775 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 607,409 photos, 23,012 members
- Powerful Portraits 303,058 photos, 9,609 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 581,009 photos, 20,968 members
- Striking Beauty 9,797 photos, 2,531 members
- Simply Beautiful Women 753 photos, 344 members
- Strobist.com 608,066 photos, 124,010 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,713,308 photos, 188,110 members
- Beautiful People 300,927 photos, 8,619 members
- Unusual Paris (Read the rules !!!) 10,496 photos, 942 members
- Mordus de photos 948,784 photos, 9,039 members
- DxO users 39,962 photos, 1,096 members
- 16:9 Widescreen 17,113 photos, 970 members
jalb doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2004
- I am:
- Male and Open
- Software Architect