Mon Expo en Vitrine Photographic Festival
I curated and coordinated the last two editions of Mon Expo en Vitrine, a photo festival around the bassin de la Villette in Paris, organised by Au Tour du Canal de l'Ourcq.
The bassin de la Villette is part of the Paris canals, a large area of water between la Rotonde built by Claude-Nicolas Ledoux in 1789 and the lifting bridge on the rue de Crimée. Robert Doisneau used to make portraits of Jacques Prévert there and followed the mysterious Pierrette d'Orient in the butchers-frequented bars.
Now the bassin is harboring barges that host artistic and cultural activities, concerts, theatre, film projections... Pic-nics on the quai de la Loire have become very trendy.
The spirit of the festival is to turn the bassin de la Villette into a street gallery, during one month, with exhibits in the public space, or in the windows of stores and restaurants, so that visitors and the people living there can walk around and see them.
The festival encourages blending artists, amateurs and professionals, playing with non-traditional media, turning daily spaces into ephemeral galleries, as well as interactive events.
Photographer-writers reading their works while projecting their photos: Anne Savelli www.danslavillehaute.net/
Photography workshop: Katrin Guntershausen's sténopé workshop www.guntershausen.com/photo/
Participative photo shoots: Pierre-Yves Le Strat's You-Cube www.you-cube.fr/
Platic arts and photography workshop: Doriane Souilhol and Pierre-Hadrien Poulouin otniproject.blogspot.com/
Artistic installations: Sophie Beneteau's dark box inviting visitors to see her photos of the hidden parts of barges.
More information on the web site of the 2011 edition monexpoenvitrine.com/ and the Facebook page www.facebook.com/mon.expo.en.vitrine
Pots photo dans le 19e arrondissement de Paris
Every other month I host a "Pot photo", a friendly meet with other photographers around a drink in a nice place of the 19th district : stay tuned by joining www.facebook.com/groups/310447069885/ or pot-photo.posterous.com/ if you're not of Facebook.
Current project: I <3 LOVE
A series of portraits about women and the heart, current state : www.flickr.com/photos/jalb/sets/72157627156779511/
Projects in background: portraits for you and for me
In exchange of personal or professional portraits for you, I make some for two projects of mine: "Looking at the light" and "A few of your favorite things".
Contact me for details: email@example.com.
Example of a "Looking at the light" portrait:
Example of a "A few of your favorite things" portrait:
Being quite busy, in my free time I do "Stolen Moments" photography - keeping an eye on the good light, mostly the available and indoors kind.
(I also love this Oliver Nelson tune.)
So what I do is mostly unprepared snapshots.
"‘I photograph to find out what the world looks like in a photograph.’" Garry Winogrand
I administrate a few groups on Flickr:
Jardins Partagés in Paris.
Contax T2 www.flickr.com/groups/contax_t2/
Paris 19e flickr.com/groups/paris19
Fuji Neopan flickr.com/groups/neopan
Wines You Like - Labels Scrapbook www.flickr.com/groups/wines-you-like/
Shooting around in all directions with a digital camera www.flickr.com/groups/dont-think-just-shoot/
Family activities in Paris and networking with parents around: neoparents.org
There's a Neoparents group on Flickr to share photos: flickr.com/groups/neoparents
There is no profile section for art in general, so: Fischli & Weiss, Paul Granjon, Louise Bourgeois, Jean Tinguely, Marcel Duchamp.
Discovered photography with my kids, bought a Canon G2 after too many film processing expenses and mishaps, and enjoyed it a bit too much :-)
I went back to film with a few Contax cameras and Zeiss lenses, affordable second hand gear found on eBay. A friend lent me his Hasselblad 500C/M. I like how these lenses let the light through.
I'm using a Canon 5D mark II with the 24-70 f/2.8 L, and manual focus Zeiss + Leica lenses with adaptors.
In my pocket at all times there's a Fujifilm Finepix f31fd.
Photos of jalb (3)
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L (II) USM 18,288 photos, 2,727 members
- Naturalight 27,788 photos, 1,494 members
- Leica Summicron-M 50mm 53,598 photos, 3,179 members
- Leica M photography 328,339 photos, 9,890 members
- Yellows 82,064 photos, 4,834 members
- Fujifilm INSTANT - (Peel Apart Film Only) 22,546 photos, 2,594 members
- lys foto magazine 10,776 photos, 315 members
- POLAROID 600SE 4,829 photos, 819 members
- Performance Art 17,113 photos, 1,300 members
- Official ZEISS Camera Lenses Group 32,016 photos, 16,260 members
- Compétence Photo • Le Révélateur 297,891 photos, 7,115 members
- Mon Expo en Vitrine 2011 28 photos, 8 members
- PARIS will always be PARIS 24,544 photos, 774 members
- Glamour y Sensual (Artistic photo's Only! No porn!) 32,436 photos, 3,162 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 406,759 photos, 105,126 members
- !* Alice's Secret Garden✶ NATURE IMAGES only 22,219 photos, 1,246 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 284,380 photos, 5,653 members
- !* A Perfect Square Image ஐ (Cmt 2) 24,600 photos, 1,388 members
- Fashion & Style 230,919 photos, 12,197 members
- ! **Smile Portraits 5,019 photos, 2,241 members
- Paris street photography - photos de rues 3,755 photos, 4,262 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 819,273 photos, 33,783 members
- Hipstamatic 326,030 photos, 16,626 members
- FotoVotr.com Amber Group 37,779 photos, 5,481 members
- PLATEFORM magazine 168,550 photos, 4,354 members
- Alloys & Metal 37,488 photos, 2,328 members
- musicisti-musiciens 27,699 photos, 928 members
- 4x5 38,972 photos, 3,925 members
- Jef Aérosol 6,349 photos, 3,216 members
- Paris Graffiti 66,272 photos, 589 members
- Graffiti Photography 88,726 photos, 3,092 members
- Street Fashion - WORLDWIDE - ADD A CITY or COUNTRY TAG PLEASE! 59,649 photos, 3,078 members
- theprintspace 66,985 photos, 2,716 members
- Couples 30,808 photos, 8,132 members
- + Nightlife ( 夜间活动 ) 22,228 photos, 1,183 members
- herminor Crew Lyon / For Street Art Lovers 2,896 photos, 225 members
- !Night Life 54,062 photos, 4,070 members
- Human Faces: Fascinating Just the Way We Are 89,284 photos, 5,890 members
- The Beauty of Girls and Women P1/C2 281,081 photos, 13,512 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 580,108 photos, 22,467 members
- Powerful Portraits 281,015 photos, 9,261 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 564,890 photos, 20,805 members
- Striking Beauty 9,945 photos, 2,527 members
- Simply Beautiful Women 769 photos, 341 members
- Strobist.com 608,684 photos, 124,070 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,646,660 photos, 186,364 members
- Beautiful People 287,438 photos, 8,531 members
- Unusual Paris (Read the rules !!!) 10,283 photos, 937 members
- Mordus de photos 897,916 photos, 8,633 members
- DxO users 38,079 photos, 1,071 members
jalb doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2004
- I am:
- Male and Open
- Software Architect