Mon Expo en Vitrine Photographic Festival
I curated and coordinated the last two editions of Mon Expo en Vitrine, a photo festival around the bassin de la Villette in Paris, organised by Au Tour du Canal de l'Ourcq.
The bassin de la Villette is part of the Paris canals, a large area of water between la Rotonde built by Claude-Nicolas Ledoux in 1789 and the lifting bridge on the rue de Crimée. Robert Doisneau used to make portraits of Jacques Prévert there and followed the mysterious Pierrette d'Orient in the butchers-frequented bars.
Now the bassin is harboring barges that host artistic and cultural activities, concerts, theatre, film projections... Pic-nics on the quai de la Loire have become very trendy.
The spirit of the festival is to turn the bassin de la Villette into a street gallery, during one month, with exhibits in the public space, or in the windows of stores and restaurants, so that visitors and the people living there can walk around and see them.
The festival encourages blending artists, amateurs and professionals, playing with non-traditional media, turning daily spaces into ephemeral galleries, as well as interactive events.
Photographer-writers reading their works while projecting their photos: Anne Savelli www.danslavillehaute.net/
Photography workshop: Katrin Guntershausen's sténopé workshop www.guntershausen.com/photo/
Participative photo shoots: Pierre-Yves Le Strat's You-Cube www.you-cube.fr/
Platic arts and photography workshop: Doriane Souilhol and Pierre-Hadrien Poulouin otniproject.blogspot.com/
Artistic installations: Sophie Beneteau's dark box inviting visitors to see her photos of the hidden parts of barges.
More information on the web site of the 2011 edition monexpoenvitrine.com/ and the Facebook page www.facebook.com/mon.expo.en.vitrine
Pots photo dans le 19e arrondissement de Paris
Every other month I host a "Pot photo", a friendly meet with other photographers around a drink in a nice place of the 19th district : stay tuned by joining www.facebook.com/groups/310447069885/ or pot-photo.posterous.com/ if you're not of Facebook.
Current project: I <3 LOVE
A series of portraits about women and the heart, current state : www.flickr.com/photos/jalb/sets/72157627156779511/
Projects in background: portraits for you and for me
In exchange of personal or professional portraits for you, I make some for two projects of mine: "Looking at the light" and "A few of your favorite things".
Contact me for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Example of a "Looking at the light" portrait:
Example of a "A few of your favorite things" portrait:
Being quite busy, in my free time I do "Stolen Moments" photography - keeping an eye on the good light, mostly the available and indoors kind.
(I also love this Oliver Nelson tune.)
So what I do is mostly unprepared snapshots.
"‘I photograph to find out what the world looks like in a photograph.’" Garry Winogrand
I administrate a few groups on Flickr:
Jardins Partagés in Paris.
Contax T2 www.flickr.com/groups/contax_t2/
Paris 19e flickr.com/groups/paris19
Fuji Neopan flickr.com/groups/neopan
Wines You Like - Labels Scrapbook www.flickr.com/groups/wines-you-like/
Shooting around in all directions with a digital camera www.flickr.com/groups/dont-think-just-shoot/
Family activities in Paris and networking with parents around: neoparents.org
There's a Neoparents group on Flickr to share photos: flickr.com/groups/neoparents
There is no profile section for art in general, so: Fischli & Weiss, Paul Granjon, Louise Bourgeois, Jean Tinguely, Marcel Duchamp.
Discovered photography with my kids, bought a Canon G2 after too many film processing expenses and mishaps, and enjoyed it a bit too much :-)
I went back to film with a few Contax cameras and Zeiss lenses, affordable second hand gear found on eBay. A friend lent me his Hasselblad 500C/M. I like how these lenses let the light through.
I'm using a Canon 5D mark II with the 24-70 f/2.8 L, and manual focus Zeiss + Leica lenses with adaptors.
In my pocket at all times there's a Fujifilm Finepix f31fd.
Photos of jalb (3)
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L (II) USM 17,857 photos, 2,686 members
- Naturalight 27,323 photos, 1,497 members
- Leica Summicron-M 50mm 52,931 photos, 3,117 members
- Leica M photography 316,063 photos, 9,627 members
- Yellows 77,339 photos, 4,641 members
- Fujifilm INSTANT - (Peel Apart Film Only) 22,353 photos, 2,581 members
- lys foto magazine 10,649 photos, 310 members
- POLAROID 600SE 4,851 photos, 811 members
- Performance Art 16,524 photos, 1,285 members
- Official ZEISS Camera Lenses Group 30,939 photos, 16,089 members
- Compétence Photo • Le Révélateur 286,247 photos, 7,031 members
- Mon Expo en Vitrine 2011 28 photos, 8 members
- PARIS will always be PARIS 23,754 photos, 754 members
- Glamour y Sensual (Artistic photo's Only! No porn!) 31,473 photos, 3,166 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 407,725 photos, 105,238 members
- !* Alice's Secret Garden✶ NATURE IMAGES only 21,413 photos, 1,239 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 281,712 photos, 5,654 members
- !* A Perfect Square Image ஐ (Cmt 2) 24,217 photos, 1,380 members
- Fashion & Style 226,796 photos, 12,112 members
- ! **Smile Portraits 5,032 photos, 2,213 members
- Paris street photography - photos de rues 3,749 photos, 4,204 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 813,713 photos, 33,749 members
- Hipstamatic 325,358 photos, 16,652 members
- FotoVotr.com Amber Group 37,121 photos, 5,494 members
- PLATEFORM magazine 161,584 photos, 4,278 members
- Alloys & Metal 37,050 photos, 2,323 members
- musicisti-musiciens 26,775 photos, 914 members
- 4x5 38,288 photos, 3,879 members
- Jef Aérosol 6,349 photos, 3,219 members
- Paris Graffiti 61,812 photos, 578 members
- Graffiti Photography 84,878 photos, 3,032 members
- Street Fashion - WORLDWIDE - ADD A CITY or COUNTRY TAG PLEASE! 58,860 photos, 3,106 members
- theprintspace 64,833 photos, 2,707 members
- Couples 30,391 photos, 7,989 members
- + Nightlife ( 夜间活动 ) 22,076 photos, 1,159 members
- herminor Crew Lyon / For Street Art Lovers 2,865 photos, 224 members
- !Night Life 53,426 photos, 4,032 members
- Human Faces: Fascinating Just the Way We Are 87,489 photos, 5,784 members
- The Beauty of Girls and Women P1/C2 275,645 photos, 13,334 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 564,197 photos, 22,124 members
- Powerful Portraits 269,714 photos, 9,016 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 556,017 photos, 20,679 members
- Striking Beauty 10,129 photos, 2,515 members
- Simply Beautiful Women 769 photos, 339 members
- Strobist.com 609,606 photos, 123,876 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,542,579 photos, 184,904 members
- Beautiful People 278,912 photos, 8,451 members
- Unusual Paris (Read the rules !!!) 10,091 photos, 932 members
- Mordus de photos 858,096 photos, 8,420 members
- DxO users 35,901 photos, 1,066 members
jalb doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2004
- I am:
- Male and Open
- Software Architect