Hey! My name is Jacob. I love taking pictures even though I am not particularly good at it. To me photography is about the hunt and the journey more then it is about technical proficiency (technical proficiency isn't bad, its just not my thing).
I grew up in the midwest and moved to the South in 2000 which I have fallen in love with. Most my photos have to do with the Southern Experience....good, bad, or neutral. I am also a shameless tourist and consider myself a tourist in my own town.
In the past year and a half on Flickr I have met a lot of real great people who continue to amuse and impress me with their photography and I am still shocked that people bother to check out my silly pictures.
I am happily married and have two children.
Oh yeah....and I am happy to let people use my pictures for things, but PLEASE just ask first......
Photos of Jacob...K (7)
- Duck Pop 657 photos, 50 members
- Dying to be Famous - Forever 243 photos, 62 members
- Deep Fried South 52,406 photos, 839 members
- Roadside Attractions 7,255 photos, 298 members
- Terror of the Autons (Mannequins) 3,154 photos, 141 members
- El Loco Sombrero 63 photos, 29 members
- Liberty! 220 photos, 93 members
- Sign of the Frog (Giant Frogs/Toads and Signage) 120 photos, 234 members
- On This Day in History 81 photos, 28 members
- Sign of the Chicken (Giant Chickens & Signage) 502 photos, 121 members
- Ode to the Road Trip 19,711 photos, 456 members
- On the Road in America 57,229 photos, 438 members
- Oddity’s and the Bizarre 9,147 photos, 457 members
- LiveFX Gallery 2,198 photos, 414 members
- hybrids in art, folklore, mythology and culture 1,475 photos, 57 members
- All Gone to Look for America (USA, United States of America) 51,086 photos, 740 members
- Not Real People 37,469 photos, 1,993 members
- Stardust Motel 151 photos, 86 members
- Little Museums 12,662 photos, 147 members
- Alas, Poor Yorick 124 photos, 32 members
- Another Roadside Attraction 8,527 photos, 565 members
- Art Car 4,585 photos, 1,048 members
- Crazy Stuff From Around The World 8,704 photos, 246 members
- Harrison Mayes (Concrete crosses) 36 photos, 26 members
- ethereality 16,580 photos, 8,080 members
- Floridiana 5,110 photos, 265 members
- crepuscular 655 photos, 169 members
- My Lazy Ass Took These Shots from the Car 174 photos, 20 members
- Egyptian Revival Architecture 306 photos, 102 members
- Sign of the Pig (Giant Pigs and Signage) 498 photos, 253 members
- Mannequin 29,667 photos, 3,724 members
- cryptozoology 3,147 photos, 610 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 192,603 photos, 17,951 members
- Roadside News 431 photos, 106 members
- FLORIDA ☼ "The Sunshine State!" ☼ NO PEOPLE as Main Subjec 124,305 photos, 3,581 members
- Faux Famous 49 photos, 22 members
- Indigestion Friday 1,128 photos, 85 members
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day 2,323 photos, 942 members
- Historic Dixie Highway 607 photos, 128 members
- ~Tuesdays With Taco~ 111 photos, 56 members
- Just Freakin Clowns 4,490 photos, 660 members
- It's inexplicable! 413 photos, 61 members
- bears in ill-fitting hats 231 photos, 188 members
- TIN MAN ♥ 287 photos, 34 members
- Circus Photography 20,531 photos, 2,222 members
- House on the Rock 2,435 photos, 125 members
- The Disquieting 777 photos, 163 members
- ::Flickr IS my blog:: 452,545 photos, 5,000 members
- Moonshine still 69 photos, 34 members
- Christmas ALL YEAR LONG 21,315 photos, 1,091 members
Todd Evans says:
"Jacob is a smart, funny guy whose photostream has done a lot to encourage me to bring the camera along and capture life's little oddities. I've still got a long way to go in that department, but I'm making progress thanks to Jacob's inspiration. Although I will say that things are a little weirder up there where he lives."
September 29th, 2009
* Eartha Kitsch * says:
"Jacob's photos were the first ones that I saw on Flickr and even after a year, they are the first ones that I check each day. With his photos, he is an anthropologist and a historian, a documentarian and a comedian. His slant on the world and on our gentle South never cease to amaze me and quite often he makes me say, "I wish I had taken that photo". I hope great things for him - in the photography world AND in his life because he deserves it. If you want a lift to your day, check out his photos OFTEN."
April 29th, 2010
succinct ship says:
"Jacob and I, we'd be mates"
October 3rd, 2010
Little Rosy Runabout says:
"My viewings of Jacob's photostream are always the same. They start with a smile, then a giggle, full-fledged laughter, and then hysterical, side-splitting, tears-running-down-the-face guffaws. Between the photos and the comments, no observation on the oddities of Southern life goes unmade. A trip to Jacob's photostream is the best thing for whatever ails you."
May 26th, 2009
"Jacob. How can I sum him up. It's tough, since he's a genuine person. His feelings are right out there in his photostream. He's a devoted father and husband, and a upright kinda guy. He's come from down and pulled himself up. He's an everyday hero, one of the good people. His sense of humor is quietly hilarious, cutting but kind, and I find something in his photos that'll make me laugh, think or wonder over each and every time I look at them. I consider him a friend, and feel lucky to do so. We need more Jacob's out there, but I'm glad he's ours. I recently had a chance to go on a photo run with him, and what a gas it was. We'll be doing more together in the future!"
February 19th, 2009
a dark city dame says:
"The first photo I saw in his stream was good ol Monroe Smeltzer....from then on I was hooked onto a world of giant pedro heads..and ice cream cones... thanks man! :)"
October 1st, 2008
Patrick Henson says:
"I believe Jacob was my first contact on Flickr. His work caught my eye because he seemed to catch the uniqueness of Appalachia, the area in which I grew up . Every time I go back and visit his stream, I am amazed, or sent back into my own past, or both. To me, he has to be the most interesting regional photographer on Flickr."
February 29th, 2008
"Jacob pursues photography the old fashioned way. He doesn't make photographs; he searches out interesting people and places, and takes accurate, honest. and skillful pictures of them. His caring heart and curious mind are evident throughout his portfolio and in his interaction with his many friends on Flickr. He's not only a good photographer; he's a good human being."
January 26th, 2008
"First and foremost I thank Jacob for being a friend. Having the opportunity to meet and go on photo safaris with him is a blast. He is what Flickr is meant to be.
His pictures are a great slice slice of American life that we often look past while we are busy going about our day. He is able to capture the great and sometimes strange world of the American south. Great documentary photography.
Thanks man, I appreciate it."
December 4th, 2007
"Hey ya'llllllllllll...............:) suzy here and I just have to say that everyone should have the pleasure to delight in the wacky , wonderful, absurdly beautiful world that is the essence of the deep south and Jacob brings it home for all of us! Not only does he have a gift for photography , but he is also a beautiful person with the best flickr etiquette I have ever seen. I am delighted to see what he has captured next and am proud to call him neighbor! here's to you Jacob krejci! hip-hip hooray!!!!!"
November 12th, 2007
"Jacob K. has NEVER put up a boring picture - he's that rare and wonderful combination of tourist-artist-anthropologist-gee-nius that makes flickr really come alive. And he makes the National Trust for Hysteric Preservation pool sparkle with all of his wild and groovy scenes of the South. Vote for Jacob Krejci! (sorry, I got carried away there...)"
October 18th, 2007
"Tied with yankeepez as my top favorite flickr-er EVER!!!"
June 18th, 2007
"For someone with an inexpensive camera who doesn't know a lot of tricks (per his own profile), Jacob is doing an amazing job of collecting and presenting things that are out there and all too often overlooked. I enjoy his photos immensely, and his descriptions and comments are just as entertaining. He is a great observer with attention to detail backed up by a good bit of wit; whether you're in need of a little chuckle or a good laugh, his photostream is the place to go. Oh, and go to his Jesus Signs collection and be amazed by the signs...and the story."
May 29th, 2007
versed apparatus says:
"Jacob was one of first contacts on Flickr and is a great Flickr friend. He has some amazing stories and photographs of abandoned and forgotten places, and the photographs of those wonderful signs, gave me the inspiration to start photographing signs. Which I am now totally addicted too. Jacob’s photographs of the wild growing Kudzu, is a wonderful documentation of how not to mess with Mother Nature. His candid photographs from his part of the country show places that most of us will never see in person, but can now see through the eyes of a wonderful photographer."
March 9th, 2007
thoughtless mandible says:
"Jacob's images walk a fine line of sensitivity, humor, nostalgia and social comment. Many are like poetry. Others are visual essays in a single composition. Some are just treats. All of them are as my grandmother used to say, "food for thought.""
February 18th, 2007
"Whimsy, wierdness and demented bunnies at Santa Land! Jacob has it all. Viewing Jacob's photos is like going on a wacky road trip, the road less traveled. I enjoy every part of the ride."
January 8th, 2007
"In honor of Jacob's 1000th photo posting, I just wanted to say how much I enjoy his photos. They inevitably make the think, or laugh, or sometimes want to cry. They provide a unique window into American life. Jacob was my first contact on Flickr. He has always been so generous in his comments, for which I am truly grateful. Jacob, I'm looking forward to your next 1000!"
November 19th, 2006
" Jacob's sensibilities with a camera are just very cool. It's always fun to find kindred spirits on Flickr, but I have enjoyed looking at his world more than just about anybody's. While the fact that some of the stuff he comes across is as scary as it is mysterious, his captures of them are as compelling as it gets."
October 18th, 2006
Dania Hurley says:
"Jacob, you are the best I've ever seen at finding the strange & remarkable that lies buried in the normal and mundane. There is pretty much always something fascinating in every photo you shoot. Even if at first glance the subject matter seems fairly unremarkable, all it takes is a closer look or reading the caption to find that it's quite the opposite. I don't know how you keep finding this stuff so frequently, but please, keep finding it."
September 19th, 2006
"Jake keeps painting these great signs, posting them, then snapping pictures of the signs. I know it's him. It's his penmanship. :-) No really, jacob is a great visual storyteller. He's got a critical eye for those great southern traditions....irony, camp, tragedy and kudzu. You owe it to yourself to put him in your RSS feedreader right away."
August 11th, 2006
"JacobK is always on the nail... he has a clear and sensitive eye and is open to his subject, never deriding the content although his comments suggest a dry wit!
Anyone from a divided religious background who needs to accept other peoples right to express passion for their faith should look here..."
July 14th, 2006
"Jacob Krejcix cracks me up all the time with the comments he makes. Thanks for commenting on so many of my pictures."
July 2nd, 2006
"I enjoy visiting Jacob's stream because he finds little treasures from the roadsides of his neighborhood and surrounding lands, posts them, and shares them. I feel I've been there, thanks to him."
June 20th, 2006
- April 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken