I spent a little more than 4 years in the US Navy in Patrol Squadron One, anti-sub warfare and patrol (in the early 70's). Then, after a couple of deployments to southeast Asia including the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam...I came home and embarked on a couple of different careers.
After 15 years in radio broadcasting, and another 15 years in corporate restaurant management...I finally made the decision to pursue one of my passions: photography. I have been an amateur photographer since my teens...I was going to be a cinematographer, but the war and other things just got in the way.
I just love to take pictures, to tell a story with an image, to evoke an emotion with it.
To all who view my pictures and offer comments, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate your input and shared passion.
- PERSONAL BEST - Preserving Meaningful Moments 387,817 photos, 11,905 members
- Seattle Center 6,502 photos, 925 members
- Seattle 183,897 photos, 8,642 members
- Shell Beach, CA 238 photos, 22 members
- Sandhill Cranes (Grus Canadensis) 853 photos, 241 members
- Outstanding Shots - Invite Only 21,020 photos, 8,381 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 20,279 photos, 7,174 members
- The Nature Conservancy 1,260,048 photos, 42,672 members
- Old but Gold.....Pix (Invited images) 487 photos, 307 members
- SLO County 23,655 photos, 1,015 members
- Quality -- Best of the Best -- (Invitation ONLY) 4,506 photos, 968 members
- Cuisine 27,187 photos, 949 members
- Flickr's 2-Weekly Theme Contest - New theme: play 496 photos, 1,736 members
- The Blink of an Eye 1,893 photos, 2,888 members
- camera haiku 5,334 photos, 860 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 13,949 photos, 6,447 members
- Still Life Images 43,872 photos, 2,559 members
- APRILFOOLPIX 97 photos, 58 members
- Pilot's Lounge 318,995 photos, 1,951 members
- Theaters 23,964 photos, 1,178 members
- Cinemas 25,214 photos, 1,860 members
- Utata 466,798 photos, 28,469 members
- Double Ques! CritiQues & TechniQues! 0 photos, 15 members
- Professional looking food photography 206,602 photos, 17,592 members
- Flickr Wow (2 posts per day please) 114,225 photos, 4,261 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,924,605 photos, 190,315 members
- SUNSET&RISEPIX 128,548 photos, 9,099 members
- Food Coma 168,425 photos, 4,658 members
- *GreatPixGallery 10 Faves+ 142,203 photos, 3,941 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,276 photos, 7,424 members
- *The Original* 200 Views 171,237 photos, 6,877 members
- GREATPIX 165,340 photos, 4,047 members
- Showcase : 1 pic a day : the best of the best 63,347 photos, 4,622 members
- FlickrCentral 9,279,719 photos, 279,501 members
- Positive Focus 4,906 photos, 245 members
- The FLICKYS 2014 - (Coming Soon!) 684,720 photos, 18,286 members
- Flickritis: Where 81,000 people are still happily infected! 7,141,110 photos, 82,256 members
- 3-2-1 167,413 photos, 5,819 members
- 1..2..3..art 80,889 photos, 2,157 members
- 1-2-3 503,106 photos, 17,116 members
Jeff Clow says:
"Skip is that rare talent who can take an everyday object and turn it into a stunning photo image through his composition, technique, and wonderful sense of photo style.
His body of work here at Flickr is wonderfully diverse, and I find myself visiting his photostream often to admire his latest efforts.
A terrific photographer - and nice human being to boot - who consistently shoots world class photos....."
May 26th, 2005
handsome air says:
"Somehow knowing him only on Flickr I developed a very deep respect for Skip. His very talented photography, his comments, ideas, visions made me feel that way. And now we even share a project on flickr. I'm very happy to have a flickr partner and supporter like him.
Oh! And by the way you can learn how to say "ocharovashka" in my profile. :)"
April 21st, 2005
"I might be a tad biased when I say that I am a huge fan of Skip's photography -- he is MY DAD after all! When I was younger, I was often fodder for his photos. I love looking back at pictures he has taken of me and my brother, and his most recent pictures are just as spectucular, even if his focus has shifted from his children to his dogs, wife and other inanimate objects. I truly think he missed his calling and should continue to persue some sort of career in photography. It's not too late!"
April 19th, 2005
~ pikkus ~ says:
"Skip's photography is something that puts you with shoulders against the wall. You cannot help staring at his works admiring the beauty of colours, details sharpness, crude light...
Landscapes are often dreaming, with a light so beautiful they look like coming from another world.
It's a gift to have you here, Skip!"
March 15th, 2005
- Skip Hansen
- December 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Skip Hansen Photography