I've been kind of sick and I cannot fly far any more, so I am basically stuck at my house these day.
I can travel by a train or a bus, but that does not help me go out of this tiny islands nation.
It is kind of sad, but I do not even know much about my home town yet, anyway, I guess I have to live within this hell like narrow-minded tiny country for now........
I wish I could fly now, but it is impossible.
Anyway, now I have collected 23 mirrorless cameras and most of which are Sony cameras. So I guess I am basically a Sony shooter. My first mirrorless camera was Sony NEX5, since then, I have been more comfortable with my EVF cameras than my D-SLRs. I admit I am a D-SLR hater but I am at least honest about that.
Now , I use a couple of Sony A7R, a couple of A7M2, a A7R2 and A7S most of times, but my A7R2 and A7S are only used for kind of SERIOUS work, not for my personal snaps posted here.
I also use Canon G5X and EOS6D but my EOS6D is now broken , kept at my desk unfixed. I may buy it again as I like my 6D a lot for night walk, but fixing my broken 6D costs more than a brand new one here.
In last week, I tested the X-T2 and I loved it. I think I will buy it as soon as it is out here on September 2nd, but I am still debating the XT2 vs the XP2, I like them both very much.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention this but I also have owned a Nikon D750 but it is also broken and kept in a dry box unfixed.
Nikon closed its main service center in Fukuoka city in this April, and now we have to send it to Osaka SC, and it is kinda expensive.
After 7 years with mirrorless cameras and having tested them in harsh environments, I understood mirrorless cameras are actually much tougher and much more durable than D-SLRs despite of the common believe- the high end D-SLRs are tougher than the tiny consumer grade mirrorless cameras preached by many so-called pro reviewers.
It is really impossible to guess true build quality of any camera by just shooting with it for a day or two.
The 5DMK2 was the weakest camera and the NEX5n was the toughest camera that I have actually tested in extremely humid Southern Thailand.
Anyway, the below linked image is my broken EOS6D, this image clearly shows you how fragile D-SLRs really are.
- A PACIFIC ISLES 5,910 photos, 424 members
- Car Light Trails At Night 9,009 photos, 2,650 members
- Daisy Type Flowers 9,803 photos, 932 members
- Mirrorless Cameras Photos 23,158 photos, 296 members
- Nikon FX 84,901 photos, 2,006 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 434,847 photos, 13,506 members
- Nikon D800/D800E CLUB 145,565 photos, 2,997 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 540,599 photos, 15,616 members
- ★★ Nikon D800 - Nikon D800E - Images 184,335 photos, 4,207 members
- D810 Nikon Series (D810, D810A, D800, D800E) 110,171 photos, 2,995 members
- Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF for Nikon 1,833 photos, 318 members
- ZEISS ZA, ZM, ZK, ZS, ZE and ZF Lenses - Official Tag Required 36,495 photos, 4,242 members
- Carl Zeiss Planar 24,154 photos, 889 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon 13,148 photos, 620 members
- Carl Zeiss 18,750 photos, 189 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 155,728 photos, 4,089 members
- Nikon D600/D610 136,853 photos, 3,155 members
- Darkness and Light 128,082 photos, 3,813 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 545,121 photos, 20,486 members
- Lights & Shadows 264,948 photos, 13,218 members
- Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35 f2.8 18,030 photos, 894 members
- Olympus 45mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 38,726 photos, 3,753 members
- Olympus OM-D Original (3xO) 108,086 photos, 1,481 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 236,896 photos, 5,787 members
- Sony NEX-5n & NEX-7 48,457 photos, 1,399 members
- Sony NEX E mount photography group 118,389 photos, 2,215 members
- Sony α NEX & ILCE 468,626 photos, 14,651 members
- Pentax K-5 / K-5 II / K-5 IIs Photographers 293,994 photos, 6,256 members
- Nikon AF-S 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nano Lens 43,436 photos, 2,474 members
- Sony Full Frame Cameras DSLR-a900 / DSLR-a850 / SLT-a99 / a7R 90,918 photos, 1,681 members
- Nikon D700 Photos 91,903 photos, 1,213 members
- Nikon D700 330,584 photos, 15,784 members
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens 73,247 photos, 5,697 members
- canon 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM 33,676 photos, 2,701 members
- Nikon 70-200 VR II 12,295 photos, 770 members
- 70-200 2,8 24,466 photos, 1,053 members
- Canon EOS-5D Mark II 63,983 photos, 1,785 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II 40,362 photos, 849 members
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L (II) USM 17,210 photos, 2,606 members
- Nikkor 85mm 1.4 25,955 photos, 2,205 members
- Canon EF 85mm f1.8 101,952 photos, 12,147 members
- 85mm 63,969 photos, 4,654 members
- Nikon 24-70 mm Nikkor lens - photos and opinions 136,957 photos, 7,240 members
- Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4G 50,443 photos, 4,288 members
- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S 62,111 photos, 1,915 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II 46,547 photos, 2,843 members
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G lens 30,176 photos, 2,437 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 34,289 photos, 3,263 members
- Nikon Prime Lens Club 49,097 photos, 2,062 members
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM 19,739 photos, 731 members
nomoreOVF doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- November 2006
- rather not tell.
- I am:
- rather not tell.
- rather not tell.