I've been kind of sick and I cannot fly far any more, so I am basically stuck at my house these day.
I can travel by a train or a bus, but that does not help me go out of this tiny islands nation.
It is kind of sad, but I do not even know much about my home town yet, anyway, I guess I have to live within this hell like narrow-minded tiny country for now........
I wish I could fly now, but it is impossible.
Anyway, now I have collected 23 mirrorless cameras and most of which are Sony cameras. So I guess I am basically a Sony shooter. My first mirrorless camera was Sony NEX5, since then, I have been more comfortable with my EVF cameras than my D-SLRs. I admit I am a D-SLR hater but I am at least honest about that.
Now , I use a couple of Sony A7R, a couple of A7M2, a A7R2 and A7S most of times, but my A7R2 and A7S are only used for kind of SERIOUS work, not for my personal snaps posted here.
I also use Canon G5X and EOS6D but my EOS6D is now broken , kept at my desk unfixed. I may buy it again as I like my 6D a lot for night walk, but fixing my broken 6D costs more than a brand new one here.
In last week, I tested the X-T2 and I loved it. I think I will buy it as soon as it is out here on September 2nd, but I am still debating the XT2 vs the XP2, I like them both very much.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention this but I also have owned a Nikon D750 but it is also broken and kept in a dry box unfixed.
Nikon closed its main service center in Fukuoka city in this April, and now we have to send it to Osaka SC, and it is kinda expensive.
After 7 years with mirrorless cameras and having tested them in harsh environments, I understood mirrorless cameras are actually much tougher and much more durable than D-SLRs despite of the common believe- the high end D-SLRs are tougher than the tiny consumer grade mirrorless cameras preached by many so-called pro reviewers.
It is really impossible to guess true build quality of any camera by just shooting with it for a day or two.
The 5DMK2 was the weakest camera and the NEX5n was the toughest camera that I have actually tested in extremely humid Southern Thailand.
Anyway, the below linked image is my broken EOS6D, this image clearly shows you how fragile D-SLRs really are.
- A PACIFIC ISLES 5,671 photos, 423 members
- Car Light Trails At Night 8,866 photos, 2,613 members
- Daisy Type Flowers 9,813 photos, 924 members
- Mirrorless Cameras Photos 21,377 photos, 281 members
- Nikon FX 80,886 photos, 1,982 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 425,406 photos, 13,348 members
- Nikon D800/D800E CLUB 143,173 photos, 2,977 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 527,492 photos, 15,523 members
- ★★ Nikon D800 - Nikon D800E - Images 179,352 photos, 4,145 members
- D810 Nikon Series (D810, D810A, D800, D800E) 105,599 photos, 2,955 members
- Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF for Nikon 1,815 photos, 320 members
- ZEISS ZA, ZM, ZK, ZS, ZE and ZF Lenses - Official Tag Required 34,300 photos, 4,148 members
- Carl Zeiss Planar 23,895 photos, 881 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon 12,729 photos, 608 members
- Carl Zeiss 17,913 photos, 186 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 153,397 photos, 4,063 members
- Nikon D600/D610 133,242 photos, 3,124 members
- Darkness and Light 125,021 photos, 3,771 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 539,951 photos, 20,427 members
- Lights & Shadows 260,154 photos, 13,138 members
- Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35 f2.8 17,262 photos, 861 members
- Olympus 45mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 37,744 photos, 3,643 members
- Olympus OM-D Original (3xO) 106,722 photos, 1,461 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 230,434 photos, 5,688 members
- Sony NEX-5n & NEX-7 47,737 photos, 1,396 members
- Sony NEX E mount photography group 116,397 photos, 2,198 members
- Sony α NEX & ILCE 459,096 photos, 14,578 members
- Pentax K-5 / K-5 II / K-5 IIs Photographers 290,333 photos, 6,218 members
- Nikon AF-S 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nano Lens 41,550 photos, 2,417 members
- Sony Full Frame Cameras DSLR-a900 / DSLR-a850 / SLT-a99 / a7R 89,265 photos, 1,676 members
- Nikon D700 Photos 91,144 photos, 1,209 members
- Nikon D700 328,535 photos, 15,754 members
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens 71,719 photos, 5,593 members
- canon 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM 33,028 photos, 2,672 members
- Nikon 70-200 VR II 12,066 photos, 758 members
- 70-200 2,8 23,865 photos, 1,027 members
- Canon EOS-5D Mark II 63,718 photos, 1,780 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II 40,448 photos, 842 members
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L (II) USM 16,972 photos, 2,575 members
- Nikkor 85mm 1.4 25,863 photos, 2,203 members
- Canon EF 85mm f1.8 101,530 photos, 12,076 members
- 85mm 62,877 photos, 4,491 members
- Nikon 24-70 mm Nikkor lens - photos and opinions 134,467 photos, 7,176 members
- Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4G 50,172 photos, 4,252 members
- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S 61,097 photos, 1,902 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II 45,557 photos, 2,812 members
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G lens 29,893 photos, 2,417 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G ED VR 33,467 photos, 3,237 members
- Nikon Prime Lens Club 47,872 photos, 2,039 members
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM 19,189 photos, 723 members
nomoreOVF doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- November 2006
- rather not tell.
- I am:
- rather not tell.
- rather not tell.